[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breath of the Wild Trailer 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 0179_170424_ckgya3_h.jpg (116KB, 418x608px) Image search: [Google]
0179_170424_ckgya3_h.jpg
116KB, 418x608px
I think we can all agree this is one of the most hype-inducing trailers of the past 3 decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yIHLQJNvDw

Do you feel like the game delivered? What does it feel like rewatching it after having played the game?
>>
File: 0175_170424_ckgya3_h.jpg (190KB, 418x608px) Image search: [Google]
0175_170424_ckgya3_h.jpg
190KB, 418x608px
answer me
>>
>>387205050
Yeah. The entire point of the trailer is to sell you on atmosphere and scale. It perfectly conveys the subtle richness that the game holds.

My only real issue was how anticlimactic the final boss was.
>>
>>387205672
/thread
>>
>>387205050
That music and game gives me shivers, so fucking great, shame the trailer music wasn't utilized in the game.

Honestly BotW is one of the best games I have ever played.
I have completed it twice this year, will be playing it again when the DLC comes out.
I left ganon alive on my master mode run so I can kill him when the DLC comes. Didn't do master trials either
>>
>>387205672
>My only real issue was how anticlimactic the final boss was.

The Dark Beast one? Yeah, it was very cinematic and not very engaging. I kinda liked Calamity TBΗ.
>>
The trailer that showed off the English VA is what sold me the game + system. Not that it was great quality, but just that it had VA at all was really exciting to me.
>>
>>387205050
I've watched a shit load of trailers and it's probably the best one. It's so fucking good. The way it keeps ramping up is perfect. Only the Japanese one though, Zelda's cry in Japanese thrusts the momentum of the trailer while the English one completely kills it.
>>
>>387205050

That figure is inaccurate. Link is supposed to look like a manlet.
>>
>>387205050
It was a fucking amazing trailer yeah
>>
>>387205050
Nintendo shouldve been sued for false advertisement.
>>
To be frank, none of the trailers for Breath of the Wild made me very hyped.
I thought the gameplay from E3 was cool, but I checked out until playing it on release day in terms of excitement.
>>
Didn't even get goosebumps.
>>
In the same way the Phantom Pain trailers were amazing
>>
File: 1494476954471.png (744KB, 1200x733px) Image search: [Google]
1494476954471.png
744KB, 1200x733px
>>387205050
Gameplay and atmosphere wise it definitely delivers, but I was really let down by the overall story, as well as the supporting characters not being very, well, supportive. I think there's a lot of missed opportunities by not having a nearly as involved story as the previous Zelda games, and the characters get their single use before fucking off forever, Teba being the most apparent about this. It really doesn't help that the dub was as bad as it was. I feel like the main reason people like the characters so much is because of their designs alone, and at that point, you have to question whether or not it's wasted potential.
>>
>>387206757
Everything in the trailer was in the game though, unlike that one twilight princess trailer
>>
>>387205901
I would say Dark Beast is just phase 3 of the final boss since it's back-to-back and technically the same character.

Man this game was so good though. I hadn't even considered playing it as I don't own any consoles, but my brother who I just moved in with owns a Switch he never uses, so I was able to pick it up and burn through BOTW over the last week.

There are a lot of thing about this game that I absolutely love and very few things that I dislike. I've only ever played LttP, OoT, and WW and that old gameboy one, so I'm not very experienced with the Zelda series, but I think this game was amazing nonetheless.

The trailer makes the game feel like a lot more of an exciting story than it was though. The fun of this game to me was exploring and playing around with the physics and I really didn't care about any of the dialogue or story.
>>
>>387205050
I liked the one with the main theme more. Wasn't really hyped for the game, but maybe that's for the best because it really blew me away.
>>
Your favorite game never had a trailer as good as this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k
>>
>>387205050
The music is ridiculously good. It's criminal it isn't in the game. Twilight Princess pulled off the same shit (the 2005/release trailer music is my favorite music in the series) but at least even that was in the game with the release trailer that'd play if you left it on the title screen
>>
wish the game was as smooth as the trailer
>>
Not even close. Disregarding the quality of the end product this trailer had so many by the balls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVtXac6if14
>>
>>387205050

There too much collecting in this game

I think I prefer normally in Zelda where you can cap your inventory and stats within a reasonable amount of time. This game doesn't want you to achieve that.
>>
>>387205050
>not IM NUUUCLEAAAR or WHOAAHEYYYYY
>>
>>387205050
This trailer still gives me chills it's so good. Although I'm a bit disappointed that the story wasn't as grand as the trailer made it seem.
>>
>>387205050
Just reminds me of how boring the game was and how awful the cinematics ended up being, with the most basic story ever.

I dunno, I expected to have a Skyward Sword experience, and I got one with less handholding and next to no decent content.
>>
>>387205050
I feel aside from better dungeons and item variety, BOTW should also had a more fleshed out world with stronger sidequests. I've been playing the Witcher 3 and while I much prefer BoTW for its controls and gameplay I feel that it's world is rather plain and could use a lot more fleshing out. I think making the game more story and lore heavy would benefit the series and make the world overall feel less empty.
>>
>>387205050
Yes and no. I'd say the first half of botw was perfectly captured here, the second half of the game you overpower all enemies and you already more or less know what to expect when entering a new area.
>>
>People disappointed with the story
I was fine with it, but the problem is that the game having a meager story is a popular opinion and I really can't comprehend how there would be any other way to do the story than how Breath of the Wild did it. The moment you try to throw structure into it with climaxed and plot twists is the same moment you lose what makes the game so magical with its promise that you can go any direction and be just as well off if you chose any other way.
>>
/v/ is supposed to be a board for videogames enthusiasts and hardcore gamers, and yet at any given time it is possible to see multiple threads about Nintendo, a company infamous in the sector for being the one that most widely caters to the taste of casual and occasional gamers.

Now, I don't see any threads on /tv/ about series like Modern Family or Grey's Anatomy, despite both being some of the most popular TV series airing, and that's because the userbase is mature enough to either not watch those programs clearly aimed at a completely different audience than the film enthusiasts who browse it, or to realize that discussing them is out of place in a site dedicated to enthusiasts of particular interests like 4chan is.

On the other hand, Nintendo threads plague /v/ constantly, and are some of the worst threads on the board in the matter of quality of posts. This, of course reflects the immature and non-internet-savy nature of the average Nintendo fan, which is not and could ever not be a videogames enthusiasts, so these threads pose an actual nuisance to the actual hardcore gamers that wished to discuss their hobby with likeminded individuals on /v/. They are also known falseflagggers, shitposters and general console warriors, further decreasing the quality of content on the board.

My proposal to solve this issue, which is arguably one of the root causes for the current state of /v/, is to ban any user that mentions anything related to Nintendo, be it games, consoles or IPs. I'm sure that the quality of the board would increase tremendously, as the moderation makes clear that Nintendo fans are not welcome on /v/, driving them away from the userbase in a permanent manner, thus removing the main source of bad content on the board.

Feel free to discuss how long the ban should be, I advocate a 3 days ban for first offenders and then a permanent ban for repeat offenders.
>>
>>387208258
C'mon man, you're not making /v/ any better by shitposting. The best thing you can do for /v/ is to make video game threads.
>>
Why is it when Nintendo spends years making a game, they still come out with a early generation game from the GC era?

Like I could easily see BOTW as a Gamecube or Wii game. When will they start pushing some boundaries?
>>
>>387208205
>I really can't comprehend how there would be any other way
when youre this blind its not worth talking with you
>>
>>387208346
not to mention you're replying to pasta.
>>
>>387208602
I know I am but pasting a pasta still holds intent
>>
>>387208443
botw looks like a GBC game desu
>>
>>387208205
It's not that the story is bad, I think the story being set in the past was for that reasoning, but the delivery was a bit shit. Way too many of the cutscene boiled down to Zelda complaining about the same shit over and over, meanwhile the champions barely got 2 minutes of screentime each. Only a few essential cutscenes ever really mattered, the rest did nothing to really expand the plot beyond king rhoam's summary at the beginning. The whole ancient tech thing was never explained or had any depth, it was just kinda there. Ganon was also a bit of a let down, just a beast with no personality.

Also the voice acting, holy fuck
>>
>>387205050
>paying attention to or/and watching multiple trailers

kek

the only exception will always be Kojima, because his trailers are all worth checking out
>>
>>387208258
>lol guys look at this pasta
Its right tho?
>>
>>387205050
>not posting the best zelda trailer of all time
https://youtu.be/NUAYO7Zyydk
>>
File: 1447625305825.jpg (521KB, 1240x676px) Image search: [Google]
1447625305825.jpg
521KB, 1240x676px
>>387205050
Close, but I'd have to go with this other Monolith Soft-designed open world Nintendo game's trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ
>>
>>387208878
That's not a trailer though, that's an ad.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.