[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get a sequel /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg (44KB, 256x245px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg
44KB, 256x245px
Will we ever get a sequel /v/?
>>
>>387199989
thank god never.

Its great to see you suffer
In case you are Jon ,fuck you
>>
>>387199989
You know the answer when comes to Sony and it's policies.
>>
>>387200065
What a kek you are
>>
Probably not. It was never that great. I think people just like it because it was a not-FF rpg on the PS1. Shit fucking blew. I've tried to play through it twice and get so fucking bored.
>>
>>387200748
This, garbage game glad it didn't become a series
>>
>>387200065
you sound like a faggot
>>
File: GOTTAGOFAST.jpg (72KB, 612x787px) Image search: [Google]
GOTTAGOFAST.jpg
72KB, 612x787px
Most broken character coming through
>>
>>387199989
A sequel would be bad, but a prequel could be great.
>>
is that sol badguy?
>>
>>387200748
Yeah I don't really understand why this game ever got as much praise as it did. Looking like FF7 only does so much. There's so many better jrpgs on the PS1.
>>
File: 1489307856350.jpg (38KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
1489307856350.jpg
38KB, 395x387px
>play turn based game to mash a button to attack
Yeah this game was pretty dumb
Lavitz wasn't well established enough to care whether he died or not too
>>
File: 1494369016761.png (412KB, 438x575px) Image search: [Google]
1494369016761.png
412KB, 438x575px
>>387201936

>An entire game about PUNISHED Rose
>>
>>387202391
No kidding, watching all of her friends die for the sake of humanity and then having to become an ageless abomination hated by the world for thousands of years just to make sure your previous efforts weren't for nothing. I'd be all over that game.
>>
I borrowed the first two disks from a friend as a kid when it first came out. he kept telling me "once I finish the next one I'll let you borrow it" he stopped playing and never let me borrow the others...

I'm still pissed to this day... My og ps3 fat died last year so I have no way of playing it now. I guess I'll have to bite into the emulation meme.
>>
It's not perfect, but it has some really comfy towns. I'd love to see what more could be done with the premise.
>>
>>387203359
Emulation is one of the few great things this world has left to offer anon. Go back and relive your childhood. Just spend an entire day pirating everything you want.
>>
>>387203359
Don't worry it emulates just fine and would run on a toaster. I just played through it recently and it was still an awesome ride after all these years.
>>
>>387202136
Is this bait? This is bait right? Here's a (You) for your 20 seconds of effort
>>
>>387203691
Its not bait to think a game isn't that good anon.
>>
I could imagine Sony dragging this out infront of an E3 crowd one day as an exclusive bait game, either as a """remaster""" or sequel.

At this point in time I would never expect it to be good, so it's probably best if it doesn't happen.
>>
>>387204061
No but to only compare it to final fantasy vii is a fallacy, it didn't really look or feel like ffvii which makes it a terrible argument just say you don't like it.
>>
>>387204217
People do this entirely because both games have you chasing down a silver haired swordsman. Never mind the huge difference between the two in that one is simply a giant red herring used to tie the story together and the other is pretty much the entire story.
>>
>>387199989
iirc, Yoshida said that a sequel was in the planning stages for the PS2, but the board had second thoughts and canned it before it entered pre-production.
>>
>>387204160
I'd take a remaster desu
Beggars can't be choosers at this point
>>
>>387204783
Pretty sure the original team behind the game got disbanded too shortly after release. So even if we got a sequel or anything it wouldn't likely be similar to the first.
>>
Didn't it essentially kill the dev team while being extremely successful?
>>
>"We hear that Sony has received many requests from veteran fans – not limited to Arc the Lad and Wild Arms – for the resurrection of SIE Japan Studio’s titles focused on the Japanese audience, especially a few JRPG franchises. Yet, in Recent years, due to the soaring of development costs, investment has been mainly focused on titles which could be hits on a global scale. That being said, recently Japanese studios’ games developed for Japanese gamers have received high praise overseas. This is leading Sony to begin considering whether it could be profitable for its Worldwide Studios to make that kind of game again."

THERE'S ALWAYS HOPE!

Wild Arms 6, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9sssFJcxI
>>
Probably not. It's a shame, because it's the only good power rangers game.
>>
File: file.png (19KB, 84x96px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
19KB, 84x96px
>>387201486
>posting that garbage pic
anon, the point is to make people want to see MORE meru
>>
>>387205886
You could achieve that by mentioning that she's a 20+ year old with a 15 year old's body thanks to how her race ages.
>>
LoD is good, but it's probably not even top 5 ps1 rpgs. I'm always surprised it has such a cult following.
>>
VOL-CAN-O
>>
>>387205886
If only that face pic was full body
>>
It was my (baby's) first JRPG and you never forget your first. 15+ years down the line I see there's a lot about it that's not great but I'll always have a huge soft spot in my heart for it.

A prequel always seemed perfect for it and I'm still surprised it never happened. Shu's in a position now where I think he could make it happen...
>>
>>387206671
I don't really care for prequel or sequel, but a distant future/same universe/spiritual successor game might be great without being held back by the original's plot and setting.
I played it recently for the second time since its release and I think it held up very well. It's not as amazing or great as FFVII (no PS JRPG comes close) but it's not at all bad. It has great music and the towns were lovely.
>>
>>387206976
I'd say there's a bunch of ps1 jrpgs better than ff7.
>>
I kinda want a remake if only for an added boss fight against Rose that mirrors/calls back to the tutorial fight.
>>
>>387207078
Like what? I can only think of Xenogears as a contender at the moment.
>>
>>387207243
For me?
Valkyrie Profile
Xenogears
SaGa Frontier
Breath of Fire 3 or 4 depending on your preference
Vagrant Story if that counts
Chrono Cross
FF9
>>
>>387207243
FF9
Suikoden 1, 2
Vagrant Story
Valkyrie Profile
Legend of Dragoon...

FF4 and 6 if you want to count them (probably not)
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.