[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First game is a big success

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: dkc.png (350KB, 380x351px) Image search: [Google]
dkc.png
350KB, 380x351px
>2nd game takes away the lead character and adds a new character
>2nd game was an even bigger success
>3rd game takes out the lead from the 2nd game and adds a new character

Was the DKC series the ballsiest series of the 90s?
>>
No rare was at it's prime and just made good games without Nintendo or microshit having creative control.
>>
I mean they didn't talk so it's not like the characters could give you much of a reason to dislike them. Unlike the first 3 in a series that also does this...technically speaking at least.
>>
Characters dont really matter so much in a game with 0 story, its a game about jumping monkeys dude.
>>
>>387199732

Because those games were sold on their graphics, not on Donkey Kong himself.
>>
It's called Donkey Kong Country. So it's about the whole Ku Kong Klan and their fight to liberate their home from invaders.
>>
Man what the fuck happened to video games.

I just want to go back to the good old days. Good donkey kong games, good star wars games. Nintendo is garbage now and all of the western gaming industry is garbage as well. Where did we go so wrong?
>>
>>387199732
No, it was just the developers being a dick because one of the publishers from Nintendo tried to strong-arm them into taking out Diddy because the guy didn't like the character. Then after he bitched about Dixie too they replaced Diddy with a fucking ape baby for DK3.

So yeah, I suppose in that sense they were the ballsiest of the 90s.
>>
>>387199732
So how is the Quality of that CD set?
>>
Its the music, thats why the third one is rated lowest because if wasn't on par with the first two
>>
>>387199732
>2nd game was an even bigger success
No, it wasn't
>>
>>387200589
I wish i knew. I have tried finding it on amazon and ebay for years. I havent looked in a while so maybe its available these days.
>>
>>387199732
>Dixie and Diddy are in more donkey kong games than donkey kong himself
>>
>>387200880
Fuck, youre right. Idk why i thought DKC2 sold more than the first.
>>
>>387199732
>you will never be 5 years old playing co-op DKC with your dad again

Why are we still here?
>>
>>387200880
>>387200981

I think in terms of reviews DKC2 was seen as better even at the time
>>
>>387200735

The third games music is just head scratching compared to the first 2.
>>
>>387200981
Maybe you just think it's better. But the 1st game is the one that wowed people with its graphics, since it was running on a snes.
Also DKC2 came in 95.
>>
>>387200891
I always wondered if there is some full edition somewhere of David Wise's uncompressed DKC compositions. The SNES sound is great but I want best quality
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.