[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Space 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Ok, couple of questions with a few qualifiers. I'm a huge fan of the whole series, so I'm biased. Taking into account that the franchise direction drastically changed, even alienated fans..

1. Is this actually a bad game? Or just a bad Dead Space game?

2. Is this a good ACTION game, if not Survival Horror?

3. Do you believe this series has earned another entry? Be it sequel, prequel, spin off or remake?

4. If yes, which do you prefer and why?
>>
Dead space 1 was a masterpiece. Dead space 2 was not as good (not as 1) and 3 was less. DS1 is survival horror, the rest were adding more action, maybe to be something more commercial.
I would love to have a dead space 4.
>>
>>387194456
Valid opinions, not answers to OPS questions
>>
>>387194456
Two literally had the perfect blend of action and horror. It was better then 1.
>>
>>387193753
1. It's a decent game, I'd say the weakest of the trilogy. If you are a fan of the series you'll probably at least finish it once.

2. It's a good action game.

3. Hell no, after that ending and stupid dlc at the end, no, no thanks.
>>
>>387194456
OP here.
I'm more interested in if people think it's genuinely a bad game. Like if it was called Cold Front instead of Dead Space 3, would if have been more enjoyable
>>
>>387193753
1. It's mediocre but as a Dead Space game it's disappointing to the point where it tries way to hard to cater to the dudebros and insulting its fans. Universal ammo, no atmosphere (besides the beginning), and way too action orientated to the point where DS becomes a game it wasn't meant to ever be..

2. No, and that's all due to DS control scheme.
DS is designed as a slow, precise, third-person shooter. The Necromorphs were designed as such that blends well with the game mechanics. To think before you shoot as the enemies slowly crawl/walk to you so you can decide what limbs to shoot. Having Issac fight humans just feels awkward as you are posed straight when shooting. They added the cover mechanic for a reason because they know Issac shooting humans while straight as a statue is stupid. The crafting is really fun tho even if it didn't fit DS, the best part of the game.

3. I want a 4th, but with EA at the helm im not so sure.

4. Go back to how DS1 and 2 did with the atmosphere and have fun with the weapons designs, and more enemy variety. Don't use Issac again. Can be done with a new character, if anyone played that great IOS game (taken down sadly) you know it can still be fun.
>>
>>387194710
>answer to 3

So another entry in the universe isn't worth a ho to you? I really like the world building. It's something I think this series does MUCH better than 99% of most series now. I'd enjoy learning more about unitoligy and the psychosis endured by the marker
>>
File: IMG_2980.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2980.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>387193753
I could go for remake of the first and second and make a whole new third game that didn't suck
>>
>>387195010
>worth a ho
Worth a go*
Damn..
>>
>>387193753
1) Its ok. It switched the genre from survival horror to action horror. I like the DLC though since it was a big fuck you to EA by Visceral.

2) Yes

3) After Visceral fucking over EA with the DLC ending, its literally impossible for there to be sequel.

4) I prefer 2 mainly because Issac has dialogues.
>>
>>387195386
>the DLC though since it was a big fuck you to EA by Visceral.

Elaborate
>>
>>387194456

2 was better than 1
>>
>>387195010
>worth a ho
kek
Anon, I love the series and I agree that the world building is interesting. I really enjoyed side stories like Extraction and Severed. And I enjoyed my time playing 3, the ending isn't even that bad. It's conclusive...up until you play the dlc. I can't really say much without spoiling. I suggest you give it a try.
>>
>>387195481

I think he means because the Moon Brethren come to earth.
>>
>>387195481
Basically, EA was forcing Visceral to make 3 have a type of cliffhanger AND make it more actiony AND to top it off asked them to make DLC.

Visceral were very bitter about this so (without giving any spoilers) they made a DLC where the story essentially closes itself with everyone dying or presumed dead. Hence, no more 4.
>>
>>387195713
I've played every bit. Even the stupid Wii (to be fair tho, even that was fun) game. I dug Downfall and Aftermath.

I would just suggest that another protagonist, with another link to unitoligy/the marker, could make for some more great games. Basically, do ME4 correctly
>>
Shameless self bump. Wish to hear more opinions
>>
>>387197415
You actually have all the opinions you would ever need and its quite simple. 3 and its DLC are not popular. BUT play it anyway to complete the circle. It also has some good story arks at the start.
>>
>>387197619
Not wanting a "right" or agreeable opinion really. Want to gauge thoughts. Mostly on the thoughts of another entry, in any form. I agree, most people fall into a few select categories on this though. But I'm assuming /v/ has enough people who've played and have an opinion on one side or the other that this could be an engaging thread
>>
>>387193753
1.meh. yes.
2.Mediocre
3.Probably not.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.