[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell is this game? Will it satisfy my need to cleanse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: diablo-3-reaper-of-souls.jpg (24KB, 780x488px) Image search: [Google]
diablo-3-reaper-of-souls.jpg
24KB, 780x488px
How the hell is this game?
Will it satisfy my need to cleanse and purify evil?
>>
>>387189148
its a really easy and casual game. You just walk through areas pressing one button and all your stats in vitality and your main stat. Pretty good way to get your feet wet in arpg genre. Not really worth getting the expansion since once you get to the point where you would want to do adventure mode you are prob ready to play a more hardcore rpg. Unless you want the story for the last chapter.
>>
>>387189361
Is it that casual compared to 1 and 2?
>>
>>387189409
I think 2 is harder than 3 for sure. I didn't play 1.
>>
>>387189494
I played 1 on PS1, I don't know if it's even comparable to PC version anyway
>>
>>387189361
What's the highest GR you've made it to, seeing that it's easy?
>>
>>387190291
I don't remember but not that high since I got bored but I remember starting on hard and getting like 2 uniques through my play through and I jumped to gr 3 then made jumps through grs by like 2-3 at a time ever like hour or two because the smart loot handed everything to me. I just gave up because I saw the pattern.
>>
>>387190419
wait I think I'm thinking of something else I haven't played in so long. Gr is the difficulty like after the named difficulty then it goes to the numbers instead right?
>>
Awesome game but casual
>>
>>387189148
I just played the diablo 3 starter edition. Enemies were all incredibly easy, but I'm chalking that up to the fact it forced me to play on normal difficulty.

I'm really tempted to buy it, especially since it's only £15, but I'm already playing poe at the moment. Diablo seems to have no room for character builds or cool item builds like poe does.

Does the late game get better? Is it worth me shelling out £15, or is it going to be this easy and linear the whole way through?
>>
The second expansion was cancelled and they released bits of it in patches, including the Necromancer class which they are now selling to people as $15 DLC.

As a game it's pretty mediocre. The gameplay feels good but the core systems are bad and as much as they've tried to fix that through patching there's just no fixing a game that isn't good at its core.

I would recommend Titan's Quest Anniversary, Path of Exile, or Median XL instead.
>>
it's probably worth the money if it's on sale. The end game gets old after a few days though.
>>
>>387190558
>>387190419
Case in point: Don't talk shit out of your ass or you will look like an idiot
>>
Yeah there are simply better loot RPGs out there like Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Sacred 2 and Torchlight 2.
>>
I don't like how fast it plays. It's like PoE, people spazzing all over the place clearing entire rooms in half a sec.

And when they do take dmg their HP is ping-ponging up and down like crazy.

Wish there was a slower ARPG based more around using the right skill at the right time and avoiding crap instead of just being a right click simulator.
>>
>>387191661
Play Titan's Quest Anniversary.
>>
>>387191497
I wasnt talking shit, re read my posts
>>
>>387189148
6/10 Borefest on PC

10/10 on consoles when you bro it up with coop

Between this, PoE, Grim Dawn, and Titan Quest I'd say Diablo 3 still holds up with the best story and atmosphere
>>
>>387189148
It's a lot of fun if you're the type of degenerate that smokes XD everyday.
Also. Great for righteousness. Crusader is bretty much made for that, also everything else. I like the Necro perspective. Wizard too.
People will say the story sucks. I don't get it. It's great. It's a videogame.
Sets will become all you use but there is a huge amount of potential fun to be had before even getting to that point and who even knows really. It was exactly the same shit in D2 before runewords if that is truly so cemented.

In short, the game is absolutely addicting good fun if you give it some well deserved attention. Don't look anything up either. It's a great game to lose yourself in. I'm somewhere around 47 GRift on my trag Nec. Nowhere near optimized and I play purely for fun and have a ton of it.
>>
>>387191220
It seems they want you to play the story first. Then you can open adventure mode and pretty much print 70s afterwards - to which you grind out gear with your bros and push Grifts until they nuke the ladder.
>>
>>387189148
don't buy, its gets boring quick
>>
>>387189148

As people below said it's loads of fun for a play through or two. As somebody who has put thousands of hours into diablo2, it still doesn't quite match, for it's time respectively.

CoOP with real life friends? Diablo3 and RoS is a blast 10/10, and will be hillarious and good fun.

Grinding it solo and just doing leaderboard shit? You will log in, stare at the screen for 10 minutes and just log out.
>>
>>387191661
just play dark souls or something
why the fuck would you play a game where the mobs don't matter, the levels don't matter, the story doesn't matter, nothing matters except endless fucking farming for loot so you can farm even more endlessly

diablo 2 was a mistake even if I love it
>>
>>387191661
Grim Dawn my dude
>>
>>387193045

Just accept not everyone has become as cynical as you. And I love all 3 games. Diablo3 is fun to just faceroll through stuff and become a literal god to shit stomp demons.

In addition, PvPing against friends is a great goof, better than Diablo2, but not as many people pay it attention.
>>
>>387193082
It is pretty much a right click sim as a melee pyromancer. Occasionally you might use a potion or Blood of Dreeg I guess.
>>
>>387193082
A horribly optimized game that plays like the most generic ARPG ever made. Grim Dawn is a meme.
>>
File: 62844591_p5_master1200.jpg (284KB, 737x1000px) Image search: [Google]
62844591_p5_master1200.jpg
284KB, 737x1000px
>>387193161
>Just accept not everyone has become as cynical as you.
just because you don't like something doesn't mean you're cynical
>>
>>387191220
Character builds aren't as flexible as PoE, but end game (70-85) opens up a lot and the challenge is figuring out how to optimize your skills for the right equipment you have.

Story mode is shit, no one really plays it anymore. Everyone plays adventure mode now, which is a rapidly escalating loot grind with crazy numbers. It's the equivalent of PoE's maps, but with less retarded objectives.

It's a fine game to kill some time with when you're bored. I like it more than PoE at the very least.
>>
>>387193256
It isn't nearly as fast as games like PoE or D3 though, even on strong characters that can clear quickly.
>>
>>387191661
fuck off, if i'm going to be killing the same mobs literally millions of times for rare as shit drops i'd rather it go quickly than slowly
>>
>>387193256
>arpg being a right click simulator

yea all of them are, its like saying fps are shooting simulators
>>
>>387189148
It sucks shit.

>THE PROPHECY IS TRUUUUUEEEE
>YOU ARE THE NEPHALEEEEEM
>SAVIOR OF THE WOOOOORLD!
and it proceeds to handhold you throughout the entire fucking game like you're a 4 year old so if you have autism then yeah you'll probably like it

other than that it pretty much takes everything that made diablo 2 great simplified it by a massive amount like what they did to WoW
>>
>>387191497
You sound like a shitty D3 sympathizer
>>
>>387189148
It's in much better shape than World of Warcraft. It's pretty satisfying dungeon romp. I started PoE when the new patch came out but ended up playing D3 nonstop. I find the seasonal characters fun thing to do as you can play sporadically. Each season you can level up different class and see how far you can go. It's very well made game and kind of satisfying. Of course it relies on slot-machine mechanics and all but if I need to choose an arpg it's D3. Sorry but I'm not a marketer even. No matter what happens never pay money for the necromancer dlc though that's the most jewish thing I've seen for a while in videogame.
>>
The game has zero challenge, unless you play on torment IV or so. Me and the missus played through story mode and not once was there any danger of dying. Even against Diablo or Maltheal, the big bosses of the game, it was a breeze. There's a lot of skills and equipment that'll heal you a ludicrous amount just for holding a button down. Once you beat the game and unlock Adventure mode, that's when the game opens up, but even then it's just a constant Chase and hunt for better equipment to better kill things. If you are into mindless self Indulgence, it's fine.
>>
>>387191497
So not him and I've made it to GR 70:
Its a casualized piece of shit. Path of Exile is better than it in literally every regard. On PoE I've cleared Tier 15 maps.
>>
reminder to ignore ANYONE mentioning PoE in any circumstance. they are literally paid shills

hate D3 all you want, I don't blame you because it's shit. but Path of Excrement is equally abhorrent on top of looking awful
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.