[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

steins gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: steins gate 0.jpg (50KB, 696x385px) Image search: [Google]
steins gate 0.jpg
50KB, 696x385px
what went wrong?
>>
not sure about the game but the anime was bad
the anime was building up to some crazy secret society bs and the main character (forgot his name) to doing some wack shit but then didnt? It felt really weird and watching through the other half of the climax didnt feel right
>>
>>387187119
0 sucked.
I don't feel like developing any further.
>>
>>387187836
>wack shit
What exactly?
>>
File: 1498872321516.jpg (99KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1498872321516.jpg
99KB, 377x326px
>>387188239
i liked it
>>
Not enough Faris.
>>
File: 1492803634130.png (196KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1492803634130.png
196KB, 872x632px
I don't know but i played stains gate and 0 not too long ago and i liked the a lot
>>
>>387187119
The original is great.

0 sucked.

>Bad soundtrack
>Worse artstyle
>Shitton of retcons
>No payoff or meaningful climax to anything

The only giid thing about 0 was Daru punching the fuck out of Okabe
>>
File: 1490534198668.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1490534198668.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>>387187119
>went for the bad ending first
>it was actually the best route and everything that followed was a disappointment
>>
File: kurisu.jpg (92KB, 736x466px) Image search: [Google]
kurisu.jpg
92KB, 736x466px
Nothing with the original. With Zero: everything about Kagari and Yuki (especially the completely unnecessary reveal about the both of them in V&A), the villains were too cartoony, and they really underutilized the amazing concept of a Kurisu AI. There's probably more I'm not coming up with, but that is all I have off the top of my head. Hopefully the anime adaptation fixes some of this shit
>>
Still better than Life is Strange.
>>
>>387190161
not that hard
>>
>>387189742
It did have a worse soundtrack, but the original's was phenomenal, so you can't hold it against Zero too much. It still had some fantastic tracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx0fKrf5Wr8
>>
>>387187119
Void in the middle. I mean, we knew how everything was gonna end. They needed new characters and new drama to bridge/prolong/drag the action from presentation to ending.

The first one had a very good structure, every section had a sense of purpose to it and characters where developed to completion. But in 0 the old gang char development possibilities are exhausted. Action need to revolve around Maho and Kagari because the old gang were "already done". This forces them to retcon some parts of the story to accomodate the new stuff. Lots of wasted potential, two endings which used the same device in the same exact way (disarming the hero and taking the gun off their butter hands, déjà vu much?).
>>
>>387192945
Eh, I disagree. They had some interesting directions they could go with the old characters, and the situation was so vastly different that they could facilitate some radically different developments with them. Okabe, Daru and Suzuha had a bit of that. And Mayuri was pretty good in Vega & Altair. I really think most of the ways they went wrong were plot related. If they streamlined some shit, like taking Kagari out entirely, and gave more cohesion and importance to the Amadeus stuff, they could've had an incredibly compelling story
>>
>>387187836
>the anime was building up to some crazy secret society bs
I actually found weird that in S;G they teased so much about the Committee of 300 but never actually ended up getting mentioned. If you want to know more about them try watching Robotics;Notes (VN translation never ever) or play the Chaos; games to see other branches of the committee like N.O.Z.O.M.I
>>
>>387188332
I think he thinks the MCs Alter-Ego bullshit was serious.
>>
>>387193949
>Daru and Suzuha had a bit of that. And Mayuri was pretty good in Vega & Altair.
Well, this is more or less what I meant by retcon. Since the Suzuha in 0 is from a different timeline and all that stuff, her personality is more than a bit different. They modified the character to allow for an extra char development that the original personality would not have admitted (justified in-universe, but modified nonetheless). Maybe retcon is not the exact word for it, but certainly is making "changes to accomodate the new stuff". The same thing with Kagari, since they pulled her out of their hat and had to add an additional travel back to the past for things to make sense. Those are really not that big of an issue, and would probably let them happily slide if the plot and pacing were better.

>gave more cohesion and importance to the Amadeus stuff
That is what I was going for when I said wasted potential

Mostly I agree with your points, with different words.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.