[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Messiah thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Just started this last night, it's pretty fun. Went with hard difficulty to start off with, was that a mistake? Also why are archers so hard to dodge?
>>
Ded thred
>>
>>387186315
we only discuss souls shit, pubg, and politics here
sorry kid
>>
take it easy or wait for europ to wake up
>>
>>387185760
Hard is fine. My first playthrough was a melee build on hard and it wasn't too rough. Both melee and magic builds can be fun, difficulty is kinda shaped like an inverse bell curve. It's hard at the start, easy in the middle, and hard again at the end for most builds.
>>
>>387185760
>Also why are archers so hard to dodge?

They do their job well in this game.
>>
Why is demon form so shite?
>>
Fuck off

Now I want to replay this game and kick people into spikes and off the cliffs again and shit. Fuck.
>>
Another thing, why is this game so dark? I have it turned almost to max brightness but it's still really hard to see sometimes
>>
post webms i lost mine
>>
How should I build my character?
>>
>>387185760
I'm stuck at a part where you're on a small bridge in a canyon, and a steel gate closes in front of you and goblin fuckers shoot at you from the other side. Where do I go?
>>
File: 1499277502175.jpg (198KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1499277502175.jpg
198KB, 1000x667px
I've been in the mood for first-person fantasy RPGs. King's Field has been scratching the itch, but I'd like to try more. will this satisfy?
>>
>>387191813
It's more RPG lite, basically dishonored but with cooler combat and also more magic and weapons. Kind of a deus ex style RPG if you like that
>>
>>387191604

It's not called Light Messiah is it?
>>
>>387192030
>called Dark Messiah
>there's no black jesus
What the fuck Arkane?
>>
>>387187643
That's what's it's supposed to be.
Not many enemies at the beginning but the game mechanics are harsh so it takes time to learn. In the middle you get time to train those and at the ending you have to give it your all.
>>
>>387191938
Actual combat*
ftfy
>>
>>387190390
Sprint attack in demon form is pretty fun desu
>>
>>387192597
I think dishonored combat can be pretty cool sometimes. It doesn't have as much stuff to use but the movement system is way better so that makes up for it
>>
File: mfw ice and fire.png (54KB, 323x300px) Image search: [Google]
mfw ice and fire.png
54KB, 323x300px
Played this game several times and the spiders still make my skin crawl.
>>
>>387191694
Kicks.

Seriously.

Kick everything.
>>
>>387194486
I've probably only played for an hour or two and I'm already so used to kicking after I attack that I kick after I kill someone
>>
File: 1502557983998.jpg (16KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1502557983998.jpg
16KB, 223x226px
>>387194271
I always just noclipped past the spider caves. They really nailed the fucking creep aspect on the spiders. When they jump at you I actually get freaked out for some reason.
>>
>>387185760
Everything will be okay if you simply remember to kick everyone.
>>
File: 1391221394206.png (20KB, 315x274px) Image search: [Google]
1391221394206.png
20KB, 315x274px
>>387185760
Whatever you do, regardless of how you plan to play, get the heal spell first thing. The game is stingy to with health potions to the point of absurdity while you can swim in the gallons of mana pots everywhere.

Then you can river dance your way up and down the levels while ignoring most of the combat functionality since spike traps and ledges are hilariously overpowered.
>>
>>387185760
Hard mode is fine, Hardcore mode is ok IF you are experienced but most find it tasteless since most enemies become too spongy. The spider boss fight near the end becomes a huge fucking chore in particular.

>first time playing the game my character looks like his textures are burnt and covered in oil when he steps into the shadows
>second time playing the lighting gets all fucked up and turns green at certain spots
>third time playing magic weapons such as the frozen and poison daggers cause MASSIVE fps drops and bring the game to a crawl when equipped
>forth time playing and using the power attack in demon form cause the animation to reset allowing my to quickly chain the tail swipe attack

If you see a bug, any bug, my advice would be to reset to a save before it happened. Reaching a new chapter never helps from my experience. Fuck the first bug in particular, not sure what causes this.
>>
Are there any additional content mods for this game?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.