[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me what was good/bad about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: paper jam.png (106KB, 270x247px) Image search: [Google]
paper jam.png
106KB, 270x247px
tell me what was good/bad about this
>>
>>387185624
cons
>Its a M&L game that's not Superstar Saga or Bowser's Inside Story
>has the modern paper mario in it
>Bowser Junior does't get a happy ending
pros
>lets you skip tutorials
>>
>>387185624
The battles are as fun as they ever were, with the bros moves and tri moves mostly being pretty fun
Which is good, because everything else about the game is lacking

The story is as basic and boring as it gets, and all the overworld areas you travel through are the same boring ones from any other Mario game

If that was it, the game would still be pretty good overall, but holy fuck, the minigames
Every so often the game decides to grind progression to a halt, and make you perform a bunch of minigames to collect toads
The minigames are very hit or miss, some are actually pretty fun, while others are braindead or infuriating

And finally, there's the gimmicky Papercraft battles
Again, another cool idea in concept, and the easier stages are fine
But when they start getting harder, it makes you realise just how fucking badly the papercrafts handle
They're stupidly slow to move around, and you can't turn around on the spot well at all

I've still been having fun with it, because the normal battles are great, but it could really do without all the other bullshit
>>
>>387185941
but I liked dream team minus the tutorials
>>
File: 1502261775526.png (2MB, 1200x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1502261775526.png
2MB, 1200x1096px
>>387186425
Dream Team was good but I still like BIS and SS more.
>>
>pros
it's a video game
>cons
it's a bad video game
>>
Which is the ultimate M&L tier list?
I remember enjoying Superstar Saga a lot.
>>
>>387186601
From what I played:

Superstar Saga >= Bowser's Inside Story > Dream Team > Partners in Time

I didn't play Paper Jam so not sure where that falls in
>>
>>387185624
The core gameplay was at its peak. I think if it had a less generic setting and eased up on the mini games it'd probably rival Super Star Saga.
>>
>>387185624
Dream Team dragged on for so long that when I started this up I just got burned out. Is it worth getting back into?
>>
>>387188010
I kinda had the same issue, I set it down for a few days, came back when I was in a better mood for dealing with tutorial shit and got through it. It gets a lot better after the tutorials are done.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.