[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nidhogg 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 35066274094_56286674f4_o[1].jpg (901KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
35066274094_56286674f4_o[1].jpg
901KB, 1280x1280px
What went wrong?
>>
It lost all of its former chaotic quick-paced beauty with the art direction change
>>
Look, I know you're just being formulaic, OP, but any person with two eyes can tell that they went from an overused,bland aesthetic to an even more oversized, bland aesthetic. The difference is that the first one allowed for lots of fluidity in the movement and easily identifiable characters, which is kind of the point in a combat game. These guys look like shit.
>>
what didn't? the game already looks like it's gonna suck dick
>>
>>387182991
They turned the game from what looked like a sophisticated, fluid, aesthetically beautiful game into a "LOL SO WACKY" game.

What I don't get is, how can a develop fucking look at this shit and say "that's good".

Fucking repulsive.
>>
>>387183378

I get that it's pretty ugly, but what I don't get is the rage people have against it.

Perhaps it's because the idea is so cool that it's painful to see them screw it up.

I dunno, the anger just seems way out of proportion to how ugly it is. I mean 70% of indie games are worse looking, with MUCH worse animations.
>>
the dev probably lost his mind working on the first one for four years
it's a game you could knock out in a week, spending four years making it is bound to fuck you up at least a little
>>
eggnogg > nidhogg
>>
>>387183956
>Perhaps it's because the idea is so cool that it's painful to see them screw it up.
that's the reason i dropped it, it went the same route saints row did, from somewhat serious to "wacky XD".
>>
>>387182991
this muppet dude would be hot if not for everything below the knees and everything above the lip
>>
>>387184778
Hands are pretty fucking disgusting too
>>
>>387182991
I only saw one screenshot from the original game and that was awful. Now it looks really fine, like something psychedelic from Skullmonkeys or Alone in the Dark.
>>
File: nidhogg-2.png (860KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
nidhogg-2.png
860KB, 940x529px
>>387185521
Do you seriously think that THIS...
>>
>>387185521
...looks better than THIS?

There's no saving you if you legit prefer retarded homer simpsons over the original art style.

You probably like minions as well, huh?
>>
Mines and castle are the best maps
>>
>>387187073
>>387186989

The background spritework in Nidhogg 2 looks fantastic, though blurry gradient lighting doesn't fit with pixelart under 95% of conditions. The game is robbed of most of its original macabre minimalism but that comes down to opinions. It's just the character sprites (and other living creatures like the big tree) that seem a particularly poor aesthetic fit with their jerking forward motionsm puffy faces and rotating pixels.
>>
>>387186989
Holy shit what the fuck did they do to the designs?
>>
>>387187435
Clouds have the best music.
>>
>>387187578
more like what did they do to the whole game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EI_0Ir2-3E
>>
>>387187435
Castle>Mines>Forest>Clouds
>>
>>387187753
yeesh....
>>
>>387187578
What, don't you want to play a game where everyone is a naked screaming Homer Simpson?
>>
You guys just have to remember whenever indieplebs make games there's no professionals there to tell them that there's clearly enough nutritional value in metric litres of raw sewage to sustain a human life, because otherwise there's no accounting for such monumentally retarded shit taste and bad ideas.

The end result is Phil Fish or "bad 90's era Claymation" garbage.
>>
Haha no thanks
>>
What's the problem here?
>>
can't imagine what kind of retardation must be going around in this dudes head to make him think making a game full of homer simpsons would be the dopest shit
>>
>>387182991
They went with a fucking bizarre and baffling art style that's ugly and goes backwards from the simplistic yet well-animated graphics of the first.

Other than that, I'm not sure as I didn't play the game, it just looks fucking horrendous to look at.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.