[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: finalfantasy.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
finalfantasy.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
I need help understanding why these games are so popular. The combat in these games gets old the further you get, the stories are shit in almost every single one, and the worlds range from awesome to lacking.

I love final fantasy III for snes though. the story was doable for me, it looks great, the world is kinda bland, but most of all i like how each character has a set class (except the god sabin of course) and the amount of characters there are. the game rocks.

Final fantasy 7 on the other hand is shit imo. shit story, shit characters, and way more boring than 6 which came before it.

However, every final fantasy game has one kickass thing: music. almost every final fantasy track ranged from good to god.
>>
I've played some of them: 1 gba, 4 gba, 6, 7, x-1, half of x-2, XIII saga, XV, dissidia. Just started playing IX, and I'm liking it a lot
>>
>>387179694
what do you like about 7 and everything after it besides music
>>
>>387178468
VII is just a better version of VI though.
>>
>>387178468
We played them when we were kids and the stories left an impression on us.

Agreed that 7 is way overrated though.
>>
>>387180181
Well, besides the fact that Cloud is an edgy character, it had some emotions mixed in it. Like your childhood friend that could become the love of your life, and old rival, wanting to become a soldier, for the first PS1 FF, the graphics were decent. The minigames. Tifa's bazoonkadoonkadonghers.
You enjoy it more knowing the story of Crisis Core
>>
I just started playing 6 and its good so far. I hated 1 and the only other games I played was echoes of time and crisis core. Overall I find the games to be good.

I'm not sure how the games are connected and that is what confuses me the most to be honest.
>>
>>387180345
nice bait but i'll pretend it isn't

>less characters, could be viewed as an advantage for some i guess

>hardly any class identity, any character can be anything, again, based on taste

>debatable graphics

>by far worst combat. the only thing it did differently was limit breaks, otherwise 6 is supreme in that aspect

> debatable music

as i lay out the facts, 6 vs 7 is based almost entirely on taste. it's not a better version though.
>>
I started playing FF X remastered on steam last week as my very first Final Fantasy title. The design of the game is borderline absurd in regards to western titles, but its fun enough that I only put it down after a few hours of solid gameplay.

I would have loved to have played a FF game when I was a young teenager, the game is suprisingly challenging and I imagine if I put the time in to beat it at that point in my life it would have been an important part of my gaming life. I'm much older so the story doesn't really sell itself to me now.
>>
File: 1498835337487.jpg (133KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1498835337487.jpg
133KB, 960x1280px
>>387178468
9 is most engaging with its unique story characters and locals although combat remains mostly the same as previous games that being said freya is best waifu
>>
>>387180449
>Cloud is an edgy character
No. That is the fault of Advent Children. He had quite a few comedic one liners
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.