[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Halo 5?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: halo5.jpg (162KB, 1120x675px) Image search: [Google]
halo5.jpg
162KB, 1120x675px
Thoughts on Halo 5?
>>
shit

get cancer microsoft xbox shills and leave the industry
>>
Fuck off Xbox
>>
>>387175524
It should have been a Chief game, but at least Halo 6 and beyond is getting that right.
>>
Good multiplayer.

A shame it's fucking dead though. The rest of the game was so shit that nobody bothered with the multiplayer.
>>
>>387175524
Garbage

Singleplayer is shit. You're given characters that pop up out of FUCKING NOWHERE unless you've been reading the novels. Then, you end up fighting the nigger guy in the most anticlimactic way possible. Also, for some weird reason, one entire section is just a covenant hubworld where you walk around and talk to people?

Multiplayer is shit. If you disagree, you are shit. Didn't even launch with a full lineup of gamemodes, and took them literally almost a year to make Infection, which was nothing but goddamn character recolors.
>>
Okay? I just got the game like a week ago and I thought the campaign was shit. What makes this game "good"?
>>
>>387175894
>>387176014
Warzone seems fun so far. I can imagine it getting VERY repetitive and ez mode once you stack up enough Reqs.
I used to play the shit out of halo 2/3 mp back in the day but something about this game's multiplayer seems.... empty?
>>
>>387175524
SP was trash. MP was pretty fun for the first year i played it. Don't know how it holds today.
>>
>>387176429
It's because no one talks over the mic in lobbies anymore
>>
>>387176669
I wonder what caused that..
Xbox Live's social component used to be my favorite part of playing online.
Now I only get that kind of enjoyment from pc communities.
>>
>>387175524
343>current bungie
it has the best MP ,SP is pretty meh
>>
>>387176024
Arena MP got rid of the armor abilities and loadouts shit. New movement mechanics, but they're accessible to everyone on an even level.

Ultimately, 343 showed that they can learn from their mistakes with all the loadout shit in 4. Looking forward to seeing what they can do in 6.

>>387177184
SP was dogshit.
>>
>>387177225
i mean i guess who the hell plays halo for SP tho
>>
It's terrible, couldn't even bring myself to finish the campaign
Stopped playing the multiplayer after 100 matches or so
>>
so still no webm of the fight?
>>
>>387177184
To make matters worse for Bungie, 343 is about to finally get their shit together with Halo's campaign, doing something Bungie were bitter to do, finally focusing solely on the Master Chief for Halo 6 and beyond and not forcing new characters in as his replacement. There also no longer forcing the extended media in the games going forward.
>>
>>387175524
it's alright. certainly not up to the levels of the previous trilogy but it's miles better than any other fps shooter. it actually implemented the whole jet pack shit correctly unlike the last 3 cod games and battlefield 1 is legit garbage.

looking forward to halo 6 based on what that woman director has said.
>>
>>387175894
>>387176014
>>387176024
It's still one of the most played games on the Xbox. the multiplayer is one of the best competitive FPS games on the market.
>>
>>387177916
they don't have a bone and have never played halo 5
>>
File: 1439581241818.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1439581241818.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>>387175524
Killed the series, and this is coming from someone who mostly liked Halo 4
>>
>enjoyed halo 5 to a degree, want to see how 6 will turn out
>have a launch bone
>got into PC gaming a while ago and can't go back

Welp, shit. Time to wait for the emulator I guess.

>>387178104
>someone who mostly liked Halo 4

How do you function? Like, does someone take care of you?
>>
>>387178246
halo 5 is 60fps though
>>
File: 1482329377429.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482329377429.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>387178246
As someone who read the novels, the story was actually serviceable in a designated survivor tier suspense kind of way. I enjoyed the post-war human outlook, hated the new elites, and really enjoyed the ending. It was top-tier vibes Halo. The music was pretty shit except for the ending music and the fantastic underrated remix album.

I don't care that much about multiplayer, and I had a decent amount of fun in Rainbow Road.

Halo 5's story is a fucking abortion, and the multiplayer running sounds like fucking clutched eggs.

>How do you function? Like, does someone take care of you?
Nice reddit accent.
>>
>>387178403
Sure, but with the dynamic resolution and the 30fps enemy animations, it did kinda fall flat relative to what a top of the line PC can do. Further, I've gotten pretty used to mouse and keyboard, and I doubt I could even be competitive with a gamepad anymore.

>>387178486
>the story was actually serviceable in a designated survivor tier suspense kind of way

Kinda fell flat for me, with the pretty generic BBEG AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS, not to mention the blatant macguffin of the composer.

>I don't care that much about multiplayer

Yeah, that explains it. To each their own, I guess.

>and the multiplayer running sounds like fucking clutched eggs.

What does that even mean?

Agree with you on H5's story, though. Thank fuck their main writer is fired. It seems 343 is good at taking feedback, at least. Better than Bungie was...
>>
File: Forerunner_Saga_6122.png (168KB, 285x311px) Image search: [Google]
Forerunner_Saga_6122.png
168KB, 285x311px
>>387178840
I guess I liked H4 for its campaign and you liked H5 for its multiplayer. Shame 343i couldn't get all of it right like the old games used to.

Play the game for the egg sound. Sprint forward, and you will hear clutched eggs. Shoot someone and hit, and you will hear a staple gun and annoying zingy sounds. Just bad sound design. And awful art design. But I can go on and on about everything Halo 5 did wrong. I even hate the main menu with a passion.

I also can't really enjoy the multiplayer knowing that the campaign was such. a blatant. fuck you to ANY Halo player. Casuals had no idea what they were getting into because the characters were from some SJW B-comic and the old great novel spartans were wasted, and lore junkies watched the universe fall apart creatively in front of them as the chief & friends killed the same anime robot ten times in the campaign.

God I fucking HATE Halo 5. FUCK

Anyway read the forerunner trilogy, it'll make you enjoy 4 a bit more and they're great books.
>>
>>387179370

Sorry, but what the fuck do clutched eggs sound like?
>>
>>387179528
Kinda wet and clacky bc you're hitting a metal whisk against a plastic or porcelain bowl.
>>
>>387178840
>>387179370
Hearing about all the stuff about Halo 6 got me interested but cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>387175524
Good multiplayer. Played it for a year but had enough.
Still have it installed in my Xbox waiting for the day late night Halo custom game /v/ threads make a return.
No, I'm not resorting to /vg/.
>>387176024
Campaign is shit, familia. Multiplayer and custom games is where the fun is.
>>387178104
>mostly liked Halo 4
Opinion discarded. Reach and 4 were the lowest points in the franchise. 5 is an improvement and a step in the right direction. If they get rid of sprint and clamber, it would be perfect.
>>
>>387179967
Yeah, I was really impressed with the direction H5's multiplayer went. I mean we had reach AND halo 4 both moving in the direction of armor abilities, loadouts, and more honestly intolerable stuff. Then halo 5 comes along and says "Hey remember that shit that was going down for the past 2 games? Fuuuuuck that!" Which is rare enough, but then they realize that the core of halo is even starts and cool movement, and they try to actually build on that. So I was really impressed, they seem to have done better than Bungie when it comes to feedback.

That being said the campaign was dogshit and there wasn't enough content at day one (Though there's more than enough content now). But seeing as they're listening in all other aspects, halo 6 could be gr8.

>>387180016
>If they get rid of sprint and clamber

Why Clamber?
>>
>>387177916
>one of the most played games on the Xbox

It currently has less players than Black ops 2
>>
>>387180016
>/vg/

my god i almost forgot how bad the halo general was
>>
>>387180016
>/vg/
It really is a couple of weeks back I asked about Spartan Time from the Halo lore becoming a campaign only Spartan Ability for Halo 6 and I was accused of trolling when I just asked a simple question. I asked /v/ the same question and got an answer just like that, no arguments.
>>
File: christ my eyes.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
christ my eyes.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>387175524
Campaign was terrible in every aspect, I was so hyped with all the promotion material and Hunt the Truth but it seems 343i traded actually pushing the universe forward with introspection on the human race (ONI, rebellions, UEG ect.) with the narrative equivelent of watching paint dry
Multiplayer has serious problems but as a general step in the right direction
Here is a list of bad shit:
>MMR is a bitch, make it into Onyx and you will always be placed against sweats or full teams no matter the gamemode
>No party based searching, a solo or duo can match against a full team making Arena unplayable
>REQ system is a total cancer it needs to go
>Remixed maps
>Holding back game modes from launch and giving it out for 'free' later
>Like 7 game modes on launch
>Automatics spam
>Art direction in general is shit
>T rating
>spartan charge
>ADS
>Only 3 warzone maps and 10ish arena maps on launch
>The community, the forums and r/Halo are shitty echo chambers full of children who know nothing
>Acheliesfags
Pros
>Timmy
>>387179370
>I even hate the main menu with a passion.
Yup, it is possibly the worst main menu I have ever had the displeasure laying eyes on
What adds insult to injury is that all the previous Halos regardless of their actual quality had unique and beautiful Main menus. In fact look at all the menus here:halomeDOTnu/
Halo 5 totally disregards this lineage in favor of DUDE LASKY HAS A SHIP NOW LMAO

>>387178486
Did you read hunters in the dark? Straight fucking garbage
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.