[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brothers a Tale of Two Sons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What's the /v/erdict on this game?
>>
anybody?
>>
>>387176094
Interesting control concept, puzzles that are too easy, extremely linear gameplay, schmaltzy, trite story about characters that you barely get to know or care about.
I guess people are suckers for a tear jerking story, but all you see in this game is a world full of dead and dying things, so I became totally inured to any tragedy.
>>
>>387176116
Is it at least worth $3?
>>
>>387176245
If you think videos of it look cool, yes absolutely
>>
>>387176245
It's about 2 to 3 hours to play it, but its totally on rails, so I don't think I would have missed much if I had just watched a video of it.
It boils down to whether or not the unique puzzles would be worth it for you and I didn't find them that hard. In between the unique stuff there's a bunch of repeated mechanics.
If you like books for kids, that's what I'd compare the story to, but exceedingly tragic for a kid's story.
>>
>>387176245
I think so.
I really enjoyd it. Less for the story and more for the fairytale-ish world you discover.
>>
I loved the game, one of my favourite from past few years, I think the base mechanics are fun and it makes for a great short adventure. It is creative and a lot of the times beautiful. Game mechanics are used to the fullest potential.

Like anon >>387176116 said, the story is a bit hamfisted and I really didn't give a shit about the characters. They're cute, but meh. I would buy it for good fun gameplay.
>>
>>387175458
too short.
>>
I enjoyed playing through it. Its short and can really be beaten in 1 evening and doesn't offer much in replayability, and it's extremely linear. However, it was actually pretty neat experiencing the world as its delivered to you. It builds its fantasy world quite well without making you read a bunch of extra lore or anything. The puzzles aren't hard, but some still make you think and I enjoyed most of them. The story is good but nothing to write home about.

For $3 its definitely worth it.
>>
>>387175458
2 hours walking simulator. It's alright.
>>
It feels like somebody came up with the idea of the ending using your dead brother's strength to accomplish things on your own and then struggled really hard to build a game leading up to that point. I was pretty disappointed with most of it.
>>
>>387175458
Faggot indie shit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.