[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone who likes the conan universe and vidya, would this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ConanExiles.jpg (111KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
ConanExiles.jpg
111KB, 460x215px
As someone who likes the conan universe and vidya, would this game be a good purchase?

Is the map at least somewhat interesting to explore?
>>
No.
>>
>>387174892
is there potential for it to be good?
>>
>>387174516
>As someone who likes the conan universe
Funcom does Conan justice, but they also have a tendency to overlook the subtler aspects of the sword and sorcery genre and focus instead on the gratuitous violence, slavery and overwhelming display of sexuality.

>and vidya
It's not the worst early access survival sim you could buy into.

>Is the map at least somewhat interesting to explore?
The first time? Sure. Once you've seen the entire map several times over you'll get pretty bored of it though. It's purposely empty to allow players the necessary space to build it up as they see fit. Overall I'd like to see them expand the map beyond just a desert and tropical biome.
>>
>>387175565
Thanks anon, they are adding some snowy areas on the 16th which is why I was interested
>>
Is there a list of what the patches have added?

I played it when it first came out and quit before they did anything.

Is it worth coming back to?
>>
>>387175390
As it is now, it's worth about $15 in terms of content. The new biome might bump it up to $25. It's very much still an early access title, with all that entails. I personally like it and don't regret purchasing it, but it has a ways to go before it's actually worth the price tag.

Thankfully, the devs are very active and incredibly open about development, unlike some EA titles.
>>
>>387175803
The hardest part is finding a good server. Most servers have abusive admins or they're filled with idiots who think they're going to become the next big streamer and just run around screaming meme shit. Or both. Also server wipes are incredibly common after a new patch, so don't expect to see your creations live for very long.

It's super fucking grindy at normal rates, try to find a server with increased experience and material rates - but not too high.
>>
>>387176216
THIS. ~3x normal harvest rate servers are what you should aim for if you want to play with a group, 5x alone, but expect groups to run laps around you in terms of building if you go 5x.

Also, look for new servers. It won't be as bad with the new areas, but the current map has pretty much been solved. Everyone knows all the best building spots, and those spots tend to be rushed. If you start a day or two late on a server, you'll have no hope to catch up.
>>
>>387175846
Theres been alot of fixes and changes heres the latest one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR3TKc6WoQY
>>
What is the point of the game? What is the point of making your base, gathering things, and surviving? One of the biggest aspects of Conan was venturing into different lands. It was huge on adventure. Being tied to a home base and constantly needing to gather things to live doesn't seem to lend well to this.
>>
>>387179709
It has dungeons and things to explore, but it very much lacks a true endgame beyond PvP, like most EA survival games.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.