[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attila vs Rome vs Shogun 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Total War.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Total War.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
Of the three, which one is the best Total War game?
>>
medieval 2
>>
Fall of the Samurai
>>
>>387174010

Already played my fill of that, vanilla and mods.
>>
If you don't mind a lack of unit variety Shogun 2
>>
attila personally
the way wre falls apart it help make campaign good
>>
>>387173583
Shogun 2 is the most polished gameplay and performance wise.

However, it is also the least diverse when it comes to factions.

Attila is good but performance is ass.

Rome 2 is just ass in general.
>>
>>387174714
>>387174653
>>387174489
>>387174405

What are the biggest appeals to Shogun 2 and Attila?
>>
>>387174974
Shogun 2 is a nice polished game, with nice artstyle, japanese theme. It just falls short with unit variety due to the period, but isn't a real issue for me.

Attlia has better AI, and Campaign mechanics. Issues with Attila is faction diversity, and unit diversity, you'll be fighting same ruggy boring barbarians or romans most of the time, and for me personally is that I don't like how the units don't look very historically accurate to me, but that's just my autism.
>>
Shogun 2.
>>
Is there any point in keeping vassals in Shogun 2 before Realm Divide happens? It annoys me they betray you no matter what.
>>
>>387173583
Shogun 2 or Medieval 2 or Warhammer depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Not a fan of rome or the gunpowder age.
>>
>>387173583
Attila and Shogun are way better than Rome, but I still play it because it's the last historical TW with more distinct factions.
>>
Rome 1
>Imperator?
https://youtu.be/irXQid4peS0
>>
>>387174974

Attila allows you to cull provinces, leaving them abandoned. Good strategically.

Shogun is balanced and well put together.
>>
>>387174974
Shogun is fairly fast paced with units dying fast and therefore routing quickly. yari ashigaru are OP because of the Yari Wall ability which lets them fuck anything in melee combat.
>>
>>387173583
Rome 2 with the Divide et Impera mod, the mod changes everything about the game. The mod adds so many things, I can't even imagine playing the game without it.
>>
>>387173583
Shogun II.
I don't mind the lack of faction diversity but Realm Divide is the stupidest shit ever.
It makes any kind of Diplomacy at any point in the game almost useless except for trade.
>>
>>387173583
Rome 2 with DeI is decent.
Atilla is good but the performance is shit.
Shogun 2 is the most refined and focused of those 3, but it depends on what era you like.
FoTS is best gunpowder TW hands down though.
>>
>>387173583
Shogun 2. Most polished, most balanced, and best looking units IMO. Only thing it lacks is unit variety, as I usually tend to use only like 4-5 unit types per army.

FotS is also a fantastic expansion that has the best gunpowder gameplay in any RTS period.
>>
>>387176015
Unless they patched it you can make more money by vassalizing + trade than just conquering the region outright.
>>
>>387178190
I'm not sure this is true anymore, but even when it was it was totally not worth since you'd be liable to have dickass naval invasions on your home turf on any given turn.
>>
File: 1502339763691.jpg (678KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502339763691.jpg
678KB, 1920x1200px
>>387176015
>Is there any point in keeping vassals in Shogun 2 before Realm Divide happens?

i was recently playing a campaign as tokugawa and i made vassels for trade since betraying the imagawa made me take a big hit in diplomacy (dishonoring treaties).

another big help was that vassels helped create a buffer zone for me. an invading army either had to take a long detour through north shinano or declare war. they usually declared war and invaded, but i took the castle back and established a vassel, which forced the enemy army back to friendly territory, which bought me at least one season to reinforce.
>>
>>387176635
Rome 1 is and forever will be the best total war game. It had only one major map ai flaw (Amazon bug) and the least amount of battle exploits (really only two or three, even if one of those would let you win with like three units vs entire full army stacks). Also had the exact right amount of stuff happening on the main map as well as a quite interesting selection of units for the battles.

It was the perfect game really, a good evolution from earlier TW games whole not having any of the boring bullshit that later games have.
>>
>>387173583
>hammer and anvil: the series
All are shit
>>
>>387178807

also, vassel states were useful for early game when you don't have enough soldiers to garrison recently conquered territory or enough money to build sake dens. you dont have to worry about rebellions and you can actually make more money through trade.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.