[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Map concepts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: compo_024_layout_small.png (26KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
compo_024_layout_small.png
26KB, 400x386px
/v/ I have come wishing to partake in your infinite creativity and knowledge. I need ideas for maps layouts and themes. I will then recreate it to the best of my abilities.
>>
But where are the bombsites?

I used to map fake goldeneye maps in my notebooks when I was in middle school, good times. Play TimeSplitters if you like makin maps.
>>
>>387172870
Depends what game, models & textures you have access to.
>>
OP here had to change to my phone
>>387174348
If you're referring to the image it's just something i pulled off the internet, I'm not using it.

>>387175204
I'm using the source engine and the map will be for half life 2 ep2.
>>
File: stairs.jpg (500KB, 1514x1519px) Image search: [Google]
stairs.jpg
500KB, 1514x1519px
I've always wanted to play on a map like this, think it's possible?
>>
>>387175858
>>387175858
As a 12-15 year old I was heavily into mapping for goldsrc games like counter strike and that other mod natural selection. When Natural Selection 2 was announced I was eager to begin mapping again in a brand new engine and expected goldsrc level content on steroids.

What followed was a barebones piece of garbage. I had been dreaming up ideas in those years of development and one of the big ones I had was an underwater research base with lounge rooms that had big windows where you could stare out into the depths.

In the case of the HL2 universe you could easily find a canon reason for an underwater bases existence. Perhaps another research company besides Aperature or Black Mesa.

>water logged areas
>areas that power is shut down completely
>self destruct timer
>objective: reconnect main power
>gman sighting
>>
>>387176061
Or just any "optical illusion" map, are there any games that have multiplayer maps that just fuck with your head?
>>
>>387176061
It could probebly be done but you would only be able to walk on one plane. I guess I could just make it once and flip it to each plane and have the player go through doorways as to make it seem as you are changing planes.

>>387176212
It's a nice Idea i can think up some ways to make it look like it's in the sea, put in some godrays and have a dark blue skybox. When the power is on the water can become dangoures too making the player take another way back
>>
>>387176221
halo 3 had some user created ones. I'm sure the newer ones do too.
>>
Good luck figuring out this maze.
>>
>have the mind of some of the greatest map makers
>cannot seem to apply myself in any way in using tools to make maps
>theyll only stay in my mind, completely unused
>>
>>387179119
>have the mind of some of the greatest map makers
Did your mom tell you that?
>>
>>387176221
I've always wanted a map full of mirrors that fuck with you but modern games can't into mirrors so I'm doomed to never get my map.
>>
>>387179819
industry folks ive shown my work to and have been hired by only to fall flat on my ass because i cant apply myself

they want what i have but i just cant learn their shit without fucking it up in the process
>>
>>387172870
This is shit because it operates under the assumption that the map has to be connected at nearly every single spot.

Unless it's a multiplayer map, then it's just mediocre.
>>
>>387179956
Give an example of your work instead of more vague shit we cannot verify, holy hell.
>>
File: Sad-Meme-Face-23.jpg (24KB, 222x251px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Meme-Face-23.jpg
24KB, 222x251px
>>387180087
its on 9 32x24in pages taped together for each map
theres at least 14 of them and i dont have a single place to unroll them safely without damaging them
>>
>>387179995
Check this out >>387175858
>>
>>387180284
>what are walls
>>
>>387172870
Take a crossword puzzle's layout and turn it into a map.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.