[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you joined Duty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: latest[1].png (89KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
89KB, 248x248px
Why haven't you joined Duty?
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 218x231px
>>
>>387171320
Because I'm too scared to get past that controller in the sewers again, it was bad enough the first time
>>
>>387171320
>not being a loner
I'll let those moralfags kill mutants for the next decade or two while I get artifacts and get mad russiandollars
>>
File: sm9iqE0.jpg (135KB, 1280x552px) Image search: [Google]
sm9iqE0.jpg
135KB, 1280x552px
>>387172643
>not smoking weed with freedom
>>
>>387172626
>that fucking moment
im glad that i played SOC knowing about it literally NOTHING
>>
>>387171320
Because I joined Freedom, which turned out to be a huge mistake pain in the ass because I had to fight an unskippable horde of bullshit every single time I needed to pass through Duty territory from then on. Goddamn was that tedious.
>>
>>387171320
I don't suck dicks for fun
>>
File: 1480115252846.gif (432KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1480115252846.gif
432KB, 500x394px
>>387172815
>join Freedom
>have to murder 30+ guys every time I have to pass through the Bar

no thanks
>>
Because they won't let me into their base. I've saved the guys in Dark Valley, I helped them wipe out Freedom in Army Warehouses, I've helped them every chance I've gotten, and they still won't let me in.

I swear, if they don't let me in and sell me some mods for my gun, I'm gonna kill the whole lot of them.
>>
>Duty goes on about protecting people from the zone
>sits on their asses in Rostok and does nothing except harass Freedom while they do the actual work containing Monolith
>doesn't even try to clear out the wild territory right next to their base
Really boosts my psi
>>
>>387173243
Are you even staker?
>>
Is the final run to CNPP fucking awesome for anyone else?
>sprinting alongside the group of powerful Stalkers
>shooting Monolith and mutants alike while a massive thunderstorm rages overhead
>the sprint alongside the power plant as the sky turns blood fucking red and it looks like the gates of hell itself have opened
>seeing the Wish Granter in action
What a game.
>>
>>387173624

You forgot

>talk big how they keep bandits on check even when Loners defend themself on they own
>Mercs kill they asses
>Duty sucks the dicks of the military
>like the bandits they block the road to the best parts of the zone
>always ready to backstab fellow stalkers
>"we want to defend the world and destroy the Zone, that means we blast everything that moves"

Sure, Freedom are a bunch of lazy sloths but at least they dont fuck with the rest.
>>
>>387172815
DUDE
>>
>>387174071
Yeah the finale of SoC is really, really strong, none of the other games have a final act like that.
>>
>>387171320
because i killed everyone
>>
>>387173262
>I helped them wipe out Freedom in Army Warehouses
That was a rogue group.
You can't expect the main branch to give a shit about what you did with them.
>>
>>387174071
Too bad it turns to complete shit once you get inside the plant
>>
>>387174071
In general I love the way SoC escalates. In most games its boring to be overpowered but being powerful by the end of SoC is fun because it feels earned. And I love how it balances the spooky, dark, oppressive atmosphere with big action moments like that, the escape from the Dark Valley after X-18, the military wrecking shit in Yantar after X-16, and the attack on the Brain Scorcher. I've never finished CoP because it felt really flat by comparison.
>>
File: ceasefire.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ceasefire.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>when bandits get their asses kicked so bad they try to make peace just to stay alive
>>
>>387174692
>being powerful by the end of SoC
Well... I mean the CNPP is pretty much the single hardest level in the game
>>
>>387174809
What mod is this?
>>
>>387175189
DocterX Dynamic Faction Relations for Call of Chernobyl. It's recommended to get most of the guy's other mods because they all work in tandem.
>>
>>387175364
Nice, I'll check it out.

Also that Vintorez model and scope is sweet.
>>
File: lct_as3m_review-11.jpg (290KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
lct_as3m_review-11.jpg
290KB, 1600x900px
>>387175662
It's actually an SR-3M with a silencer and 1P29 scope installed when I recorded that. I've since acquired a VSS though.
>>
>>387171320
too busy driving cars into Whirligig anomalies
>>
>>387175956
Huh, the model looks kind of like a VSS, though I guess maybe the similar bullet arc tricked me
>>
>>387176156
The SR-3, AS Val, and VSS look relatively similar and are all chambered in 9x39 so it's pretty easy to mistake them by 1st person model and bullet arc alone.
>>
File: 1485905437008.jpg (7KB, 141x131px) Image search: [Google]
1485905437008.jpg
7KB, 141x131px
>think about playing ironman CoC as an ecologist collecting all the kinds of artifacts in the zone
>remember it uses CoP's artifact hunting
>>
>>387176445
CoP > SoC in that regard, I think it's a lot of fun Tbh
>>
>>387174071
I actually dislike CNPP and most of Pripyat. I think the game is at its best with the slow-paced exploration and small scale shootings. I understand that for story reasons it wouldn't have made much sense but I thought the overall execution was lazy and rushed. It felt more like the same generic shooter everyone has played a thousand times instead of the game I had been playing until that point.

Inside the plant is even worse, very small level with like 30 enemies and barely any cover or alternative paths.
>>
>>387176871
I think big "setpiece" anomalies are cool idea but it makes the zone feel too contained, and I don't like how you have to be right next to the artifact with a detector equipped for them to even appear. I'd prefer it if artifacts spawned out in the zone rarely and somewhat randomly in addition to appearing reliably in the big clusters (for that matter I'd prefer it if there were stray anomalies for those artifacts to be spawned by).
>>
Because clear sky is better.
>>
>>387177938
>I don't like how you have to be right next to the artifact with a detector equipped for them to even appear.
This system I really like, and I think the anomaly fields make a lot of sense. Though you CAN find artifacts outside huge anomaly fields as well.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.