[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth buying a PS4 for this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
Is it worth buying a PS4 for this game?
>>
Probably, yeah.
>>
Yeah
>>
Fuck no.

It's overhyped to he'll and back by PS4 owners with nothing to play and Fromdrones that don't play anything but Souls games.

You should have at least 5 must plays before buying hardware.
>>
>>387169965
Yeah, but get Yakuza 0 too
>>
I bought a PS4 just to play Bloodborne, but I ended up dumping hundreds of hours into it and getting the Plat for it. Your experience might not be as good with the game. If you're really into Dark Souls, go for it. If this is your first soulslike or you aren't into the genre, I wouldn't.
>>
Yup.
>>
>>387169965
Yeah
>>
Yeah, spelunking makes it worth it.
>>
>>387169965
List four other PS4 games you want and I'll tell you. They don't have to be exclusives, they just have to be games you'er planning on playing on PS4.
>>
>>387169965
Fuck yes, hell offering your firstborn for a PS4 and this game is the worthiest thing you will do in your life
>>
Probably not but a ps4 is worth it for all the stuff released this year alone.
>>
>>387169965
Not for me. I'm not autistic enough to play souls game for many hours.
>>
>>387169965
No.
Bought this game with my PS4 and returned it.
>>
>>387170319
1. Persona 5
2. Nier Automata
3. Crash remake
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Yakuza Zero
>>
No.

Bloodborne is a fantastic game that ends up being too short and alot of it's """"""content""""" being running around the god awful Chalice Dungeons for 30 hours
>>
No, it's hilariously short and honestly not any better than the rest of the Souls games. I give it a C+. Never bad enough to drop completely, but definitely not interesting enough to squeeze more than a playthrough or two out of.
>>
>>387170491
Sounds like you're good to go to me.
>>
>>387170515

>chalice dungeons
>awful

Nigga the dungeons are the best part because they actually offer high challenge and high reward. As soon as you start spelunking and doing well you are rolling in gems and echoes.
>>
>>387170491
>4. Horizon Zero Dawn
I can only say I really disliked that game.
But if you like Far Cry 3 / 4 you'll probably enjoy it more
>>
>>387170694
>running around the same five copy pasted rooms over 100 times
>the best
>>
Its my favorite Souls game, but if you aren't planning on getting some other games it probably isn't worth it unless the money isn't an issue. Its a shame PS4 has close to no games.

Also, the frame pacing is terrible.
>>
>>387170694
Anon, I love BB but Chalice Dungeons get old really fast. There needed to be way more enemy and room variety. Some more unique bosses would have gone a long way as well, instead of having shit like beefed up normal enemies in boss rooms.
>>
>>387170845
>Also, the frame pacing is terrible.
Not on Pro :^)
>>
>>387169965
Yes. It's one of the best video games ever made.
>>
>>387170491
if you're getting bloodborne then you should probably get nioh too
>>
>>387170694
I never did a single chalice dungeon on my first playthrough a couple of years ago. I just started NG+, when should/can I tackle some?
>>
>>387170971
Pro fixes the framerate in a few areas which isn't really a problem anymore anyways but doesn't fix frame pacing.
>>
>>387170830

Okay, so the prefab rooms aren't awe-inspiring or anything. You got me there. But I had way more fun getting to the Queen than I did finishing the base game. And the expansion was great too.

>>387170959

There was another 4 bosses unique to the dungeons. Running into a normal sized brainsucker with a gorillion health was retarded, but the bosses they did add were good.
>>
>>387171149

Chalice dungeons don't scale with NG+. They have their own difficulty set by materials you use to build the dungeon with. So go nuts.
>>
>>387171174
I know that there were unique bosses in the chalice dungeons. I'm saying there should have been more.
>>
>>387171159
Sorry, I meant a boosted Pro. For real, try it out.
>>
no , i regret every day since i got it

bb 25 frames if theres more than 3 enemies , about only 20 weapons and only 2 are viable farm for pots

if you are fll weeb then maybe otherwise absolutely not
>>
>>387170491
If you're really into that then you should probably also pick up Hatsune Miku Future Tone and Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi even if it's only in japanese, still fun as fuck game and not that hard to navigate in the menus
>>
>>387171174
chalices would have been fine if the entire progression was random instead of preset

what a fucking chore to get to D5 FRC on a new character running through the same samey shit over and over
>>
That and Persona 5 yes.
>>
>>387169965
Why the fuck did they think blood vials are a good idea?
>Have to actually fucking FARM if you lose all your vials fighting a boss
Might have made sense if you didn't lose your echoes since then you could just buy some but of course the game has to be le hardcore xDDD so that wasn't an option.
>>
>>387171728
Estus flasks are generally better I agree.
>>
>>387171728
I've never had to go out of my way to farm vials. Enemies drop them like crazy
>>
File: 1495479621357-1-1-1-1-1.jpg (300KB, 1024x368px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
300KB, 1024x368px
10 days
>>
>>387171529

Can't you buy all the materials for the dungeons from the bath messengers? Including the chalices themselves?
>>
>>387171943
Delet
>>
>>387171880
I don't believe you.
>>
>>387171728
Because you're bad at the game. Bloodvials are actually bad because it promotes sloppy play.
>>
>>387171728
This will sound pretentious but I personally never had to farm them. The ones I got from drops where enough to carry me up to the late game and after that I usually spent my leftover echoes that I had after leveling up on them, usually around 20k, so I usually ended up buying like 25 vials a pop. By the time I got to Mensis/the DLC I had like 400 vials or so in storage.

So basically what I'm saying here is get good, and I'm not just saying it to be an asshole.
>>
>>387169965
Yeah, but also
>>387170175

And P5 if you don't have a PS3.
>>
>>387169965
Nope.

Only buy a ps4 if you have more than 5 games in mind that you want to play and can only play on it.
>>
>>387171990
no

The only way to get the next chalice, aside from the ones you find just playing the game is getting to layer 3 in the previous dungeon. You can buy some materials after certain points, but not all of the ones you need, you still need to clear certain parts of every dungeon.

You're forced to go all the way through the progression. It gets extremely tedious after your first few characters. Online is also required to even make farming at D5 FRC worthwhile.
>>
>>387172089
Unequivocally this. It is very rare that you get punished for using them since it's basically an insta-heal, if anything the combination of blood vials+rally make the game too easy. Blood vial management is a complete non-issue past maybe the 5 hour mark of NG unless you're just a complete shitter. In which case you probably need to farm for echoes anyway to level past your inadequacies.

I say this as somebody who's painfully average at vidya in general. The complaint about blood vials generally stems from a lack of awareness of resource management than anything else.
>>
>>387172089
Might as well say rally promotes sloppy play because >getting hit ever

>>387172138
So you never had to fight a boss more than twice or what?
>>
>>387169965
Buying a system for just one game is pretty dumb. But it's good and if you want to blow some money you're good
>>
>>387172934
>So you never had to fight a boss more than twice or what?
Gascoigne, BSB and Rom on my first run, died a few times each. Didn't run out of vials still. Granted I wasn't popping them like crazy either.
>>
>>387169965
I did. I've been PC MASTER RACE forever. Wait until the inevitable PS4 re-release came out (i.e. the Pro or now slim model). I bought the pro and nothing but bloodborne.

Granted, I now have Uncharted 1-4, TLoU Remastered, Crash trilogy, Ratchet and Clank reboot, and am eyeing Horizon Zero Dawn.
>>
>>387169965
It's never worth it to buy a console for a single game.
Look through the library and if you can pick at least 5 games that you want to play for sure then start thinking about it.
>>
>>387171728
>>387172017
>>387172138
I never had to farm the bloodvials because I always bought them. I'd level up as much as I could (I stopped at level 80) given my current number of blood echoes. I would then use the remainder to buy as man vials as I could. 5 here, 4 there, 10+ here. Not to mention the enemies dropping them all the time as well. I found myself running out of QS bullets more often than not. The Cannon is an unforgiving mistress. Although I will say fighting Ludwig was a close run for my stash of vials. His jump up and then randomly down from the ceiling would always damn near insta-kill me. I still don't know how that mechanic worked.

Then again I was using the spin to win Hunter's Axe with nothing but blunt/rally gems. I was able to full heal being hit by Lady Maria in 2 hits of my own.
>>
No, no single game is worth buying a system for, unless there's other things you like the look of, don't bother. Dropping ~$300 just to play 1 game is incredibly retarded.
>>
>>387173913
How can you run out of bullets but not vials?
You can just convert life to bullets any time.
>>
>>387174025
A single cannon shot was 12 QS bullets I think. Even when using the +5 "life bullets" I could only get 2 shots off.
>>
Get an Xbox. I know the weebs have memes it into oblivion but I own both systems and unless bloodborne is super important to you or you must have weeb games the Xbox is the better all around system. I did enjoy bloodborne though, just can't see why so many people keep hyping it. Up. It's a good game, not great, not special, just good and fun.
>>
>>387169965
I thought it was coming to PC?
>>
>>387175435
Xbox has Sunset Overdrive and that's basically it in terms of worthwhile games, everything else can be played on PC.
>>
>>387169965
nope just wait for an emulator
>>
File: image.jpg (291KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291KB, 1000x800px
>>387169965
Is any single exclusive worth buying a whole platform for anon? The answer is inside, all of us. the answer is no, cuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 736x611px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 736x611px
>>387177089
>>
I personally don't think any game is good enough on its own for a whole system, but this is one of the best on the ps4.
>>
>>387171728
You can farm 20 bloodvials east from the cathedral bridge to central yharnam in like 1 - 2 minutes. Makes health super easy to manage since 20 vials is generally way more health than 10 upgraded estus flasks are are even faster to use.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 565x692px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 565x692px
>>387177579
This. Could you imagine if you unironically asked "should i buy a whole gaming PC and get steam JUST for undertale guys??"

i actually did this though, still my only steam game to date.mfw.
>>
>>387173913

The way to dodge Ludwig's Jump is to dodge right after you see him jump, and if he doesn't immediately land (you'll know because there will be blood falling from the ceiling if he delays) then you should dodge right after the last drop of blood hits the floor.
>>
>>387175435

Why would he buy a system when everything on it is also on a superior platform, or is also available on PS4?
>>
>>387169965
I think so. I bought a PS4 for Persona 5, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza, and Odin Sphere also
>>
>>387170491
Horizon Zero Dawn is a fantastic game
>>
>>387169965
fuck no, get a grip
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.