[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony Playstation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Playstation-PSX.png (113KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
Playstation-PSX.png
113KB, 400x428px
Does this piece of shit actually have anything worth playing on it in this day and age? I was looking for some good shit to emulate and felt like playing some Jrpgs, so I downloaded Suikoden 2, Xenogears, and FFVII and I thought they were all boring as shit with extremely dated combat. Do these games pick up at all, or can you is what you see what you get? Any suggestions for games from the PSX that actually have gameplay that still holds up?
>>
>>387168017
>Can you is what you see what you get
Ignore the can you part of that sentence
>>
>>387168017

>what is /vr/?
>>
>>387168131
A dead board
>>
>>387168017
kill yourself my man
>>
Castlevania Chronicles/SOTN
Resident Evil 1-2-3
Zanac X Zanac
Gradius Gaiden
Detana Twinbee Yahho!
Chrono Cross
Harmful Park
Devil Dice
R Type Delta
MGS
FF7-8-9
Parasite Eve
Medievil 2
Umihara Kawase Syun
Intelligent Qube
Silent Hill
Incredible Crisis
Front Mission 3
Sexy/Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
Einhander
No One can Stop Mr.Domino
Crash Bandicoot 1-2-3
Policenauts
Tecmo's Deception
Kagero 2
Parappa the Rapper
Dino Crisis
Silent Bomber
Thunderforce V
Jumping Flash 1-2
Jade Cocoon
Ore no Ryouri
Die Hard Trilogy
One Piece Mansion
Starfighter Sanvein

All games that i would still reccomend to play today.no matter what genres you like.
>>
>>387168017
What's with this recent psx underage raid?
>>
>>387168316
I'm 20
>>
File: HERETIC.jpg (58KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
HERETIC.jpg
58KB, 600x563px
>>387168017
>>
>>387168017
BoF IV and Grandia are the only PSOne RPGs that are still playable imo.
>>
>>387168316
Probably the nu-Crash Bandicoot release,unless you mean the "PSX not PS1" meme.
>>
>>387168449
No. Crash bandicoot is another game I've played on a PSX emulator and hated because it felt outdated, plus I don't like platformers. I'm asking for PlayStation games to play because my computer can't emulate a better system, and I have nothing else to play at the moment.
>>
>>387168575
Read
>>387168256

If you don't find anything there that suits your taste then you might as well quit videogames
>>
>>387168683
I had seen parasite even and thought it looked interesting. I might give it a try
>>
>>387168017
It is a known fact that people who genuinely think that the playstation is the greatest console of all time are either

1) nostalgia babies (THE biggest reason)
2) RPG loving weeb
>>
>>387168932
I love RPGs, which is why I decided to give it a try. The ones I've played so far on the PlayStation are just so boring though. I don't know if it's because they just start slow, or if they just aren't entertaining
>>
>>387168932
I'm an "RPG loving weeb", my first console was PSOne, and I believe 99% of PSOne RPGs aged so badly they are almost unplayable now. PSOne's library is really overrated, SNES and Mega Drive RPGs hold up much better when it comes to gameplay.
>>
>>387168932
t.born after the 5th gen
>>
>>387169149
I don't mean to give the impression that the platstation is shit, I just personally don't care for it. that said according to /v/ and neogaf any criticism of any sony console makes you a nintendofriend (even though at the time I was a segababy)

I really haven't found anything that I really crave playing after the fact though besides SOTN
>>
metal gear solid
>>
>>387169435
>admitting to being swayed by "context"(nostalgia)
clockwork
>>
>>387169149
I could suggest FFIX but that's about it, i didn't grow up with RPGs and that's the only one i tried so far. But in that case i'd suggest playing the PC version, it has a couple of tweaks that can streamline the experience like the chance to skip initial battle animations (FFVII PC should be similar in that regard)
>>
>>387168017
>>387168256 mentions a lot of cool stuff.

Also try Blood Omen if you like classic Zelda. Its sequel Soul Reaver is also pretty good, though more dated and flawed. I've heard good things about Alundra as well, but I've yet to play it.
>>
>>387168017

Castlevania.

That's literally it.
>>
front mission 3
>>
>>387168017
PS was never about gameplay cunt, it was all about its graphics, just check its ads
>>
>>387170132
What about Medievil
>>
>>387170132
There are two castlevania games on the platform you sape
>>
Tekken 3
>>
>>387170132
Sounds like you should play more games.
>>
Crash Team Raccing is just too good and better than any other kart gamee
>>
Pac-Man World
>>
>>387168017
bushido blade 2
>>
>>387168017
Nice bait but try symphony of the night or any of the first 3 resident evil games
>>
>>387168017
Gran Turismo 1+2
>>
>>387168017
i think you might enjoy MGS1 even if you're spoiled. Also, Silent Hill and Crash Bandicoot 3.

i always thought that FFVII is pinnacle of jrpg accessibility that will never age. seems like i'm wrong
>>
>>387168256
>no valkyrie profile or vagrant story
>>
>>387168017
No. Go back to you n64
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.