[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>as of 2017, was buying a 8th generation console a good investment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: WiiU-PS4-Xbox-One.jpg (82KB, 1280x451px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU-PS4-Xbox-One.jpg
82KB, 1280x451px
>as of 2017, was buying a 8th generation console a good investment?
>>
File: bayo_ass.png (3MB, 1152x1306px) Image search: [Google]
bayo_ass.png
3MB, 1152x1306px
PS4 or WiiU, yes
Xbox One, no
>>
>>387164354
>PS4 or WiiU, yes
What makes you say so? Especially the former doesn't seem to have games that serve it just.
>>
I mean, Wii U had a couple of excellent games, but now, not so much.

Still can't be assed to shell out the $250 for a PS4, but from what I've played with friends it seems great if you don't own a PC. Or a ps3 for that matter, all dem ports.
>>
>>387164537
The PS4 is okay if you enjoy Japanese games.
>>
>PS4/Xbox one
Unless you have friends who only play on these (common) or exclusives you want, no just get a PC.

>Nintendo home consoles (Wii U/Switch)

No these things barely have any fucking games as of now, wait for emulation to play the 5 or so games you wanted to try.

>Nintendo portables

These have pretty good games so sure.
>>
PS4 if you like the look of their exclusives I guess.

Anything else? No.
>>
has been for me. Played through 50 different games and have 27 more in my back log on the ps4.
>>
>>387164752
Is it safe to buy a Nintendo portable in 2017? I'm concerned whether they'll announce something better soon with backward compatibility.
>>
>>387164494
Not him, but there are no exclusives worthwhile on the xbone. And Microsoft is making xbone exclusives into w10 exclusives anyways
>>
>>387164910
They're dirt fucking cheap and as easy to hack as sending an email attachment, to play every game. you tell me.
>>
It's ok since the 9th generation really has not started
>>
>>387164880
Recommend me something, senpai.
>>
>>387165246
Furi and The Witness are really good.
>>
>>387165048
This
Kinda like the PSP of today
>>
>>387164213
Depends. If you sink money into games because it's your hobby, then of course it is
If you're buying games that you don't have time for/ you don't care enough, then it's a waste.
>>
In terms of exclusives not really. WiiU has Zelda and Bayo 2 but you can play Zelda on Switch of course. PS4 has Bloodborne and Nioh, plus some Japanese games. Xbone has Halo 5 which has a fun-ish multi, Sunset Overdrive was ok and Sea of Thieves looks fun. If you don't have a PC and are just buying a console to play everything, then you're fine I guess. Besides WiiU, it really didn't get enough multis to justify it as a primary gaming platform.
>>
>>387164494
I'm not going to play the game of "list every PS4 exclusive, oh haha those games suck!" with you. the console has plenty of varied exclusives. to name a few, bloodborne, nioh, last guardian, uncharted 4, horizon. it's also the 2nd best multiplat machine behind a competent PC.
>>
>>387164752
Wii U has no games now?
>>
>>387165623
I didn't want to bash your opinion. I'm just asking, because the quantity of PS4 games is a bit disappointing in my opinion. As for multiplats, I agree.
>>
>>387165843
PS4 exclusives*
>>
>>387165843
I see, sorry for coming across as rude then. It's a common response I deal with when mentioning the console's merits. But yeah, personally Bloodborne and Last Guardian are two highlights of this generation, and are pure exclusives, with little to no chance of moving to another platform. Those two alone frankly make me glad to have owned the console, given how much I enjoyed them. But there's also Uncharted 4, Infamous Second Son, Persona 5 (don't have a PS3 anymore), the most playable version of Arkham Knight, various indies, and console multiplats that are available on xbox one, a console I do not own anymore.

So for me it's been well worth the investment, and there's plenty more coming up, and games even released this year that I have yet to play.
>>
>>387164213
Not really, even blu-ray players cost less then console these days. Games sure as hell haven't been worth enough.
>>
>>387166358
if you own the remote, ps3 and ps4 have better netflix software than literally everything else that exists
>>
>>387164213
bloodborne alone is a good enough investment
>>
File: 1499375462272.jpg (79KB, 801x702px) Image search: [Google]
1499375462272.jpg
79KB, 801x702px
>>387168532
>$300 for 1 game
>>
Make sure they are hackable first.
>>
>>387168828
and it was worth it

also

>being poor
>>
Bought ps4 (my first console ever besides old handheld zhit like DS) earlier this year and I've played through horizon zero dawn, tomb raider, Uncharted 1-4 (1-3 remastered) and Im currently playing Doom, Fallout 4 and Skyrim special edition as well as last of us remastered (so much catching up on remastered old gen games). Id say its a good investment because even when new gen comes they will keep releasing games for older gen like they do with ps3
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.