[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this just retroactively become GOTY 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: noMansSky.png (477KB, 790x419px) Image search: [Google]
noMansSky.png
477KB, 790x419px
Did this just retroactively become GOTY 2016
>>
Because they let you fly -slightly- closer to the ground but the game still baby sits you and doesn't let you fly under things without causing the ship to yank up into the air?

No.
>>
>>387164319
Yes huh
>>
>>387164319
>I blatantly haven't played the game and am just going by what /v/ parrots
>>
File: Capture.jpg (21KB, 529x91px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
21KB, 529x91px
>>387165556
Naw. I want to love the game. I really do. I fire it up every time a new update hits.

It's still just bad.
>>
>>387164120
You're incredibly naive or you're justifying your purchase.
>>
Nah. It just stopped being a 3/10 shitpile.
>>
>>387164120
I'll pirate it here in a little bit and find out.
>Muh multiplayer

multiplayer is faggot shit, I don't care. I get that it was promised though.
>>
>>387166643
>it's still just bad

Maybe it isn't your genre? Aside from multi, the game more or less has what's promised. Maybe the base building could be expanded, but it's definitely a complete game now.
>>
File: no-mans-sky-asa.jpg (191KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
no-mans-sky-asa.jpg
191KB, 1000x563px
>>387167083
No. No it doesn't.
>>
I just closed it and eh, it's still the same.

I mean it was always the chilliest game you can find besides Space Engine but still has no side story secrets or content or creepy deep space wonders or something else to explore and be blown away with a discovery. It's still finding resources for bullshit that makes you find more resources to do more bullshit and the nspeak to Atlas and say to you that you're a simulation and start over.

>Those creepy logs in ruins that speak of a entirely alive planet that infected an explorer and forced him to go into the water to be primal stew
>They lead to nothing, they're just lying around and nothing alike can be found ingame.
>>
Is there literally anything to do besides go to another planet, mine resources, then do it all over again?
>>
>>387167083
>Maybe it isn't your genre? Aside from multi, the game more or less has what's promised.
Here we go again
>>
File: thingken.png (10KB, 128x110px) Image search: [Google]
thingken.png
10KB, 128x110px
>>387167083
>he game more or less has what's promised

Where's my halo inspired combat? How come the animals and biomes don't get weirder the closer to the center I get? Where is the complex creature behavior, such as interacting with the environment? Why isn't each spaceship specifically suited for certain tasks like exploring and combat like they said? Where is the player interaction? Where are the large-scale battles?
>>
>>387167414
There's trading economics ala X in addition to a main plot that isn't "LOL RESTART"
>>
File: sonic.png (20KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.png
20KB, 128x128px
>>387164120

All the shit that was shown in the ingame demo footage at e3 was not found at launch. Unsurprisingly, people found out within the game's files that they specifically made 3 scripted planets to demo the game at e3.

That is inexcusable and should not be supported. If you paid for this game, you support this behavior. You're part of the problem.
>>
>>387169165
How is a dev fucking up and subsequently fixing it part of the problem. They easily made enough money where they could of took the money and ran, but they didn't. They released 3 major expansions free of charge.
>>
>>387169516
For me it's too little, too late.
You can't promise the world before release, release with nothing, and then say "Oh look we totally added that stuff later".
An expansion isn't supposed to add things into the game that were originally meant to be there, an expansion is there to expand upon the original idea. And while it is good they haven't just up and given up, it's their own fault in the first place.

If you accept NMS bullshit they pulled, it's just going to hurt people in the future since other companies will start to follow the same trend: instead of selling a finished game, they'll start selling ideas of games and an unfinished product.
>>
>>387170053
You go on about how it's too late to be good, yet Scam Citizen and Early Access games can get away with it.
>>
>>387167897
There's trading economics ala X

it's a la you ignorant shit and no the absolute fuck there isn't
>>
File: 1476820153929.jpg (165KB, 571x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476820153929.jpg
165KB, 571x720px
>>387169516
>They released 3 major expansions free of charge.
>Prefab base building
>A car
>Fly lower and animals that are less retarded but still just as retarded

Man, you and I have waaaaay different definitions of "expansions". "Major" too.
>>
>>387170224
Another scenario like early access is exactly what I want to avoid.
Long ago that would be unacceptable, yet slowly but surely it somehow became ok to buy a game that wasn't done. NMS is basically in my opinion the next horrible step. Instead of buying the game pre-release with expected features at the time of release, you'll be buying the concept of a full game regardless of the content present at release assuming that the developers will eventually reach that point later.
>>
>>387170224
>Scam Citizen

Every time someone refers to something they don't like with a shitty pun you can safely dismiss their opinion.
>>
>>387170726
Read the patch notes, retard. Spoonfeed yourself.
>>387170761
I agree it's a dark direction, but I don't see how a dev that actually bothered to finish their game when they didn't have to is part of that direction. You'd have a point if it was a title where the devs fucked off after release.
>>387170793
10,000 dollar jpegs are pretty inexcusable.
>>
>>387171042
>it's now commendable for a dev to not be a fucking conman
>people are celebrating a full-priced early access game in all but name and price tag
Dark days the industry is in. There's such a low standard for everything.
>>
>>387170698
you new, m8?
>>
>>387167083
it needs optimization and a better and less grindy start for survival.
>>
>>387164120
no
>>
>>387164120
Spore 3: indie devs edition is never going to be a good game.
I remember the last update to it, it was confirmed the sad sacks of shit on reddit were here shilling it, is this the case now as well?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-13-23-56-23.png (352KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-13-23-56-23.png
352KB, 1080x1920px
Oh look it's this thread again, off yourself
>>
File: lol.jpg (9KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
9KB, 125x110px
>>387164120
>GOTY
>>
>>387165556
not OP, but have played the game after the patch. even though you can fly lower, you can't crash land into anything. First of all OP is right the game really yanks you if you try to fly below something.
Additionally even if you crash into a mountain or anything else, your ship doesn't even get any damage. You just softly bump on it. They could have added a *boop* sound effect, it's laughably.
The mission system is kinda boring, the planets still are kinda samy, and the core gameplay loop got changed, but just has gotten more tedious (but that change is a bit older).
I don't care one bit about home bases, I mean if I wanna explore lots of planets, I don't give a rats ass about some boring base on some random planet (from which at least you can teleport to from anywhere in the galaxy on the space stations).

I wouldn't care about all this if the planets were more exciting. I wanted to explore a galaxy filled with different looking planets, but after playing you notice they all of them are variations of one of a handful of archetypes. And even those archetypes are all so tame looking, there are no extremes, nothing is generated that is memorable
>>
File: fv.jpg (12KB, 259x240px) Image search: [Google]
fv.jpg
12KB, 259x240px
>GOTY
it went from 2/10 to 4/10 and only took them a year
>>
>>387172760
i think you have to play this game partially in your head en create your own story. #comfy#chill
>>
>>387172164
>somebody likes thing
>FUCKING SHILLS

what a horrible night to discuss vidya
>>
>>387173476
It was confirmed at the 1.2 update that reddit was raiding here and shilling for it.
So, yes, it is shills.
>>
>>387173476
Who said anything about shills? Who are you quoting? What mysterious boogeyman did you just make up?
>>
>>387172760 cont.
to expand on the crafting aspect. I think after release they probably listened to complains to the survival aspect, saying it's just tedious and a chore, and said "We need to make this harder!" instead of "Fuck this we have to make this different.
Like before for on hyperjump, I had to farm plutonium mainly and some other minor things on planets and Thamium9 in space, because why bother looking for Thamium9-plants on the planets, right?
Now you have to clutter all your cargo space with so many random elements.
Now they force you to stay longer on some really boring planet just so you can harvest some resources.
Instead they could have given you more freedom to choose on which planets you can go at which rate, and instead of FORCING players to farm on planets, they could try to give players incentives to explore planets, like giving interesting tech rewards.

I think this game is the epitome of the "procedurally generated"-craze we had the last years, and with NMS they realized why these kinds of games aren't that much fun in the long run
>>
>>387169516

>How is a dev fucking up and subsequently fixing it part of the problem

They didn't fix anything.
>>
Two questions about NMS after patches.

1) Do they still have those planets where really valuable things just litter the surface and each time you pick one up you get chased by laughably weak protector bots?

2) I know they added stuff like base building, but did they ever add a reason to go backwards/stay put instead of always moving towards the center?
>>
>>387173443
But why do I have to create stories in my head? If this game creates 10^51786789 or whatever different planets which I can explore, why do I have to resort to my imagination to give me an experience?
>>
Your favorite game doesn't even get updates, its developers abandon it, meanwhile this gets massive 4gb updates.
>>
>>387174313
1. probably, but I'm not sure. I don't have the nerve to go looking if it's such a fucking chore to move through the galaxy

2. you don't have to move backwards. in every space station there's a teleporter connected to your base. It even teleports you ship to your base, and back to the space station when you return. It's actually smart that they did that. I don't fucking care about those bases though
>>
>>387174208
>>387174036
You're both fucking retarded.
>>
>>387175595
No one cares about nu males cry besides people who want to mock it and that will not change.
Just because you suffer from the illness of buyer's remorse does not mean the people who aren't retarded shouldn't laugh at you.
>>
>>387174036
got sauce on that?
>>
>>387175808
Haven't saved it, sorry.
It's in the archives, the OP image of the thread was a kotaku article too bad fireden's image serb's security cert is expired, and someone went to the no mans' sky subreddit where they were doing PR for free on various sites - including 4chan.
>>
File: warp speed enabled.jpg (2MB, 3840x960px) Image search: [Google]
warp speed enabled.jpg
2MB, 3840x960px
>1 biome per planet
Still the same.
>space exploration is 4% of the gameplay
Still the same.
>space combat
Still not there.
>proper CO-OP MP
Still not there.
>half of the shit they promised on launch
Tellmelies.mp3
>>
>>387174313
1. There are no planets with valuable items littered all around anymore. Valuable items are now scattered and very rare

2. Basebuilding was just fanservice
>>
ive been playing this for over 6 hours and i still have no idea what the fuck the game is about

all you do is fly from random planet to planet with nothing happening

what is the point of progressing?
>>
>>387176668
There's an actual ending.
It's not satisfactory but it's there.
It's mainly minecraft though, the ending is to be ignored for autistic base building.
>>
>>387176773

half the time i dont even understand where i am

is there seriously no map?

how do i search for planets? or do i just fucking waste warp fuel and hope what i want is in the next system?

this game feels so unpolished, like a fucking beta
>>
>>387164120
I wish I could forget about this games existence and then rediscover the game without hearing about its history before hand so I didn't have to feel so conflited about playing it.

Like legit; this game would've probably been better received even with the lack of Multiplayer if it had only came out this year, with the patches and all.

It's truly a shame they made the title so radioactive.
>>
>>387176868
You can build signal boosters to find major things like a habitable base. I don't recommend actually warping anywhere far for the first while. There are plenty of planets around to fuck with.
>>
File: 1484950057819.png (478KB, 654x531px) Image search: [Google]
1484950057819.png
478KB, 654x531px
I will probably regret this
>>
>>387164120
Consider this. Even after this update, even after all the new content, the fixes, the nominal barely fuctional multiplayer, it still manages to be a worse procedurally generated overhyped PoS space exploration with a contrived plot and lying devs that was officially released in 2016 than Starbound was, and Starbound was trash.

Even if this could retroactively become GOTY 2016, Starbound would deserve the title more, and I physically died a little inside saying Starbound deserves anything but being shat on.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.