[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a video game character that is faster than my nigga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: Burter.png (263KB, 660x700px) Image search: [Google]
Burter.png
263KB, 660x700px
Is there a video game character that is faster than my nigga Burter here who is the fastest in the universe?

Seriously through who actually is the fastest video game character?
>>
File: 1477408665968.png (233KB, 555x328px) Image search: [Google]
1477408665968.png
233KB, 555x328px
>>
>>387162731
>some cuck saiyan that trained for a few days is faster than him
lmao
>>
>>387162820
Flash is a comic book character who is also in games
Burter is an anima/manga character who is also in games.

For the purposes of this thread, answers only in characters who originated in video games thanx you.
>>
File: 2ab.gif (60KB, 466x367px) Image search: [Google]
2ab.gif
60KB, 466x367px
So is Sonic the fastest video game character or not?
>>
File: TribesSpeed.jpg (116KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
TribesSpeed.jpg
116KB, 600x798px
>>387162731
Pathfinder from Tribes. He has infinite speed in the good patch versions.

Relative speed to game universe it is easily the fastest. Raw speed compared to other games he could even pass Captain Falcon in F-Zero
>>
>>387164175
burter goes so fast vegeta couldn't see him
>>
The Truck from Bigs Rigs.
>>
>>387162731
The truck from Big Rig Racing going backwards.
>>
>>387164175

THIS. You can go so fast in that game it is impossible to control and feels broken.
>>
>>387164395
You beat me to it.
>>
>>387164395
this, the truck from Big Rigs literally goes so fast it exists in all the points on the map at the same time
>>
>>387162731
I really wish that Burters title actually held up
Like imagine if he actually could run circles around even Final Form Frieza but was still only had a powerlevel of around 45000
>>
>>387164395
>>387164597
I need some context for this.
>>
>>387162731
well technically, given he can stop time, wouldn't guldo be faster?
>>
File: philosoraptor.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
philosoraptor.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>The Truck from Bigs Rigs
Does a truck, an inanimate object, count as character?
>>
>big rigs truck just straight up enters the warp after a certain point
>>
>>387164758
The developers from Big rigs forgot to put an upward limit on the backwards speed of your truck. If you just keep going backwards, you build speed forever.
>>
>>387164798
Mario in sm64 can also store speed through backwards movement if you want to be a faggot like that
>>
mario in sm64 easily
>>
>>387162731
Technically speaking, any video game character that can stop time at will as well as teleport any distance. They can go an infinite distance for 0 time.
>>
>>387164772

If I tell everyone to stand still and I run laps around them, I'm not faster.
>>
File: Big_Rigs.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Rigs.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
>>387164758
Big Rigs over the road racing is notoriously the single most bugged and unfinished game to ever be released.
It's release does not even qualify as an alpha, among the many many bugs it the game

The only solid thing on the map is the heightmap, everything else has no collision, including the bridges
Speed does not vary with terrain or inclination so the bridge thing is not a big issue
The enemies literally have no AI and cannot move
Given this the devs also did not code a "loss" condition into the game, the game literally crashes if you somehow managed to get the AI truck over the finish (mighty trick given its lack of collision)

And course, relevant to this thread: when going in reverse there is no limit on how fast you can go up until you go so fast the physics engine spazzes out and thinks you're everywhere at once and you win the race. Before this happens you're going 12.3 Undecillion MPH
>>
>>387165084
if you don't tell everyone to stand still and you run laps around them you're faster
>>
>>387165084
well if the race is to see who goes over the finish first, then Guldo wins
>>
>>387164829
at it's maximum speed that truck can traverse the visible universe in seconds

that's beyond warp, that's going into "flash crying alone in his bedroom" tiers of fast
>>
>>387164932
I'm not really seeing how your reply has anything to do with the philosophical question about whether or not an inanimate object counts as a character.
>>
>>387164932
what about the big rigs truck being driven by mario being controlled by pannenkoek?
>>
>>387165185
>well if the race is to see who goes over the finish first, then Guldo wins

Guido has to hold his breath to stop time. Have you ever tried running while holding your breath? Burter would either cross the finish line faster than Guido can activate his powers, or he'd do so the moment Guido has to exhale.
>>
Are we allowing vehicles now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WX3J4ob6uY
>>
>>387163606
>cuck
Is it even possible to cuck a guy who doesn't give much of a shit about his wife anyway? I mean Goku hasn't even kissed her throughout their entire marriage.
>>
>>387165451
Guldo was seen running while holding his breath
remember that while he is at that point considered weak, he could still bench-press a god damn continent
>>
>>387165518
No he couldn't, don't use power scaling
>>
>>387165328
He's not replying to the question itself, just saying that if you don't wanna count the Truck as a response to OPs question then just count Mario because he has the same exact ability.
>>
everyone was blown away that they "couldn't see" goku's movements but they have all trained with him as a super saiyan now and can assume they can see his movements at that level

burter is low level shit
>>
>>387165648
Why not?
>>
>>387165648
he was a member of the ginyu force, it's very reasonable to assume he was at least at the level of vegeta during his first confrontation with goku
>>
>>387165738
Because dragon ball is so crazy inconsistent that if power scaling were accurate, every character should be exploding suns when they sneeze at this point
>>
>>387165840
isn't that basically what happens? In super Goku is on the level he can accidentally wreck the universe
>>
>>387165929
He's also at a point where Krillin can keep up with him in a fight and bullets can hurt him
>>
>>387165823
vegeta btfo guldo
>>
>>387165840
That'd happen if they couldn't control their chi, but they can.
>>
>>387166114
you have to focus your ki to protect yourself
some things dont because they to strong
>>
>>387166213
because he got 2 boosts at that point
>>
>>387166114
It's only pathetic when it involves Yamcha.
>>
>>387164772
NO, NO , NO, NO MATE! I'M NOT SLOWER THAN FUCKING GULDO!
>>
>>387162731
Burter isn't even that fast. Jiece, Ginyu, and Frieza all had higher powers levels than him and were therefore faster. Burter wasn't that smart.
>>
>>387162731
Gordon Freeman, counter-terrorists, terrorists and any other playable character from a GoldSrc game.
>>
>>387162731
>>
>>387166114
They addressed this several times in the show, Goku's main problem is that he often lets his guard down making him prone to getting taken out easily by practically anyone and anything. Also auras play a huge factor in both offense and defense in this series.

Some examples:
>powered down Goku nearly getting killed by Frieza's death saucer
>Goku getting hurt by a rock Krillin threw at him
>Vegeta sneaking up behind Goku to knock him out

And plenty of other examples I can't remember. Goku can also have trouble fighting at his best if he's hungry
>>
>>387165514

He gets pissed at Zamasu and Black for gloating about killing his family but yeah lets just keep spewing the false narrative that Goku only cares about food and fighting.

Hes an idiot but he still loves his family ya goofs.
>>
>>387167090
That's his thing. Even though by his power he should've been slower, he was particularly faster than anyone else close to him. So he was faster than Jeice for sure.
Ginyu probably beat him though, and Freeza definitely did.
>>
File: 1458261944684.jpg (9KB, 250x123px) Image search: [Google]
1458261944684.jpg
9KB, 250x123px
>>387167558
>cares about his family
>gives Cell a sensu bean
>>
>>387167965
He's also dumb as shit, but he cares.
>>
>>387164607
That would be retarded as fuck and would completely defeat the purpose of power levels. I always assumed he was the fastest warrior in the universe as far as he knew. Even Ginyu himself seemed to agree with this.

I just recently watched some of the Namek saga episodes a few days ago and Burter does specifically say he was the fastest warrior in the universe. I think it is likely they don't see Frieza as a warrior like they are. He is their lord/king/god instead. They know that he is the strongest of all time so they don't ever really count him.

This is ignoring Super's retcons btw. This is also clearly before the Saiyans on Namek kept getting their power level boosts that Frieza was afraid of.
>>
some diablo 3 endgame build
>>
>>387168336
The Nephalem are borderline gods, but not super fast aside from a lot of short distance teleport chains.
>>
>>387164607
>>387168327
Strongest and fastest I meant obviously. At that point as far as they all knew Frieza was pretty much unstoppable besides age would eventually kill him. Which is why he wants immortality.

Getting what you want would completely throw away the whole drama of the Saiyans continuously getting stronger and faster on Namek to. Very dumb idea. Power levels is what made that saga and the show so fun.
>>
>>387168190
that was less stupid and more irresponsible though

Goku knew Gohan was stronger than Cell, by quite a wide margin. However he was completely and utterly wrong in how to unlock his power.

He assumed that, if it were him, Gohan would need Cell to be at his greatest potential in order to appear worthy enough to go all out, exhaust his resources, then tap into his hidden strength. Thus the sensu bean.

Unfortunately Gohan, unlike Goku, never enjoyed fighting. Thus giving Cell a bean was doing nothing but making Cell stronger.
>>
>>387168580

>Goku needs to be perfect

Hes flawed bruh. Its better this way. 16s monologue is still a feel trip after all these years.
>>
>>387167965
He also cares about fairness.
>>
>>387168830
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>387167090
No dude Jeice and Ginyu weren't faster. Definitely so in the case of Jeice since he says Burter is fastest in the universe. Higher powerlevel doesn't automatically mean faster. Unless it is way higher like Frieza. Ginyu also acknowledges Burter as faster. As I said before I just recently saw some Namek episodes a few days ago and they very specifically do acknowledge Burter as the fastest not counting Frieza of course.

Now unless the Manga says otherwise that is another issue to consider.
>>
>>387167965
He only cares about ox king, chi-chi, mini-goku, videl, mr. satan and pan.
>>
>>387168327
>would completely defeat the purpose of power levels

The only actual purpose of power levels was to show that power levels are idiotic. Seriously, name me ONE instance of a character taunting an opponent's power level that wasn't immediately followed by the same character yelling, "Impossible! My power level was supposed to be higher than his!" They were always just a hurdle for the protagonists to jump over via willpower and training, not an infallible measuring stick of one's abilities.
>>
File: bayonetta_2_conceptart_X0SSG.jpg (141KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta_2_conceptart_X0SSG.jpg
141KB, 900x720px
>>387162731
The Lumen Sages had an ability similar to Witch Time but instead of slowing time down, they would speed up to achieve the same effect.
>>
>>387169848
>They were always just a hurdle for the protagonists to jump over via willpower and training, not an infallible measuring stick of one's abilities.

Correct but they still needed to train hard to reach higher levels. The thing is that the villains saw power levels as the only measuring stick but didn't realize they needed to have the heart and determination to overcome a stronger opponent. Although in some cases they do outsmart their opponent like Guldo did to Krillin and Gohan or Ginyu taking Goku's body.

Power levels are not idiotic. What is idiotic however is most of Dragonball Super.
>>
>>387169328
Goku was much faster than Burter but Ginyu could keep up with Goku
>>
How fast is the Big Rigs truck?
>>
>>387170578
Goku wasn't really flying at full speed though. Ginyu even wants to see his full power. Often in DBZ they toy around with each other before going full power and speed. Not saying you are wrong necessarily but Ginyu doesn't seem to ever care when they all go on about Burter being the fastest. It could be possible that Ginyu is almost as fast as Burter but he is much much stronger than him. When he put Goku in that full nelson Goku couldn't really move afterwards until Ginyu let go. Yet Goku was much stronger than even Ginyu in power level.
>>
>>387164395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCW1QaOH1Y8
>>
>>387162731
Uchiha Madara
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.