[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Metacritic affect the way you view games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: metacritic.png (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
metacritic.png
32KB, 400x400px
How does Metacritic affect the way you view games?
>>
What kind of fucking idiot looks at aggregate review scores?
>>
>>387161464
It depends what the negatives are. If it gets low scores solely for the fact that the game is too hard, then i wont mind if it has a 60.
>>
I don't actually care about metacritic, I just use it to shitpost about games I don't like.
>>
If a game has less than 50 points I don't bother pirating it
>>
It depends on the game. If it's a game that's not going for broad appeal then it doesn't mean much. If it's a game that is going for broad appeal it means they've failed.
>>
>>387161464
No, but it annoys me that people trot it out to "prove" a game is good or bad to me instead of just giving me an honest opinion.
>>
It doesn't.
>>
>>387161464
It doesn't. The only reason why people give a rat's ass here is to shitpost.
>>
Now that I think about it, I might have never went to that site. weird
>>
I don't even consider it. It seems like the place to go for video game reviewers to put their scores, and publishers pick whoever gave their games a higher rating is chosen to get free review copies in the future
>>
I use it to read the lowest rated and highest reviews of games because they'll either point out major problems with the game or the shilling is obvious in case of most 10/10 reviews.
>>
Metacritic affects how I shitpost about videogames when I'm bored, it doesn't affect how I view or play games
>>
I won't spend 60 bucks for something below 65.
/v/ is the only video game forum I frequent and people here tend to have shit taste, especiay weebs will eat up anything japs shit into their mouths.
>>
>>387163398
>spending $60 on ANY game regardless of its score
>>
>>387161464

Gives a good idea of what the (((Games Media))) thinks of whatever is out right now.

Usually worthless. But, can provide some insight into if a game has technical issues.
>>
>>387163251
This, at some point you can just disregard the lowest scores because it's always the same site shitting on everything but the latest cinematic experience and SJW bait.
>>
>>387163445
Gothic 2 Anniversary Edition, Witcher 3 and Splatoon 2.
>>
>>387163520
>using parenthesises

LOL

>>>/pol/
>>
>>387161464
It doesn't affect my personal view but it pisses me off when people try and pass it off as meaning a game is worthless or great depending on a site that ignores several review types. Or reviews in general, all they're good for is acertaining how the controls work and making sure it's not broken shit.
It's also actively detrimental to some people because they can't form their own opinions and thus miss out on a lot of great titles just because all they look at is MC. Not to mention how useless MC is for niche titles, given how most reviewers hate games that don't let them shit out a review as fast as possible for extra clicks.
>>
>>387161464
I only buy games that have a 99+ Metascore
>>
>>387161464
It shouldn't be taken as a definitive measure of how good a game is, but it's useful for seeing certain trends.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.