[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This could have been good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

This could have been good.
>>
>>387157002
So what was the reason for this getting cancelled?
>>
>>387157171
Microsoft realized platinum was shit
>>
>>387157171
People didn't care about it enough
>>
>>387157254
>>387157276
Forgot actual discussion doesn't happen here.
>>
It would have been Kamiya's first bad game
>>
>>387157339
That's literally the reason. Microsoft and Platinum both had other games they would rather work on and not enough demand from consumers to keep up with it. They cancelled it to work on other games. Also Microsoft didn't work well with the developers and it was just too much effort in the long run
>>
File: scalebound1.webm (3MB, 940x560px) Image search: [Google]
scalebound1.webm
3MB, 940x560px
It looked like clunky shit, and I say this as a fan of Platinum/Clover games. I think that Kamiya's westaboo tendencies were starting to get the best of him. I like Platinum games because of their autistic focus of fast and tight controls. This game just screamed "we want the Elder Scrolls/Souls audience" from the get go.
>>
If it wasn't published by MS, yeah.
>>
>>387157002
Post the master chief comparison
>>
Reminder that the Xbox division has "high revenue" but it's NOT profitable.

Soon.
>>
>>387157254
>Microsoft realized platinum was shit

meanwhile Nier was celebrated across the gaming world and MS had no piece of that action. Phil-senpai wa baka desune
>>
>>387157002
It looked pretty bad from start to finish.
>>
>>387158434
Xbox division has literally always been like this, since inception. If they were going to be shit down it would've happened by now
>>
File: 10403185_hi[1].jpg (210KB, 1360x1836px) Image search: [Google]
10403185_hi[1].jpg
210KB, 1360x1836px
>thumbnail looks like Master Chief with a dragon's body

goddamn I can't unsee it
>>
>>387158547
Microsoft doesn't have Yoko Taro, the only reason Nier was any good. Anything Platinum does alone is mediocre.
>>
>>387157171
Nothing official but Platinum definitely failed to deliver any impressive gameplay trailer.

The ones we had not only had piss poor performance of major below 30FPS dips, but it also looked like generic ARPG. The gameplay trailed mostly showed open world and cool dragon things which weren't really as cool as expected on top of not being what is really demanded from Platinum. It also was silly that your Dragon did most of the job for you while you seemed to be only useful in their version of Devil Trigger that also looked generic.

Like holy fuck Bayonetta was cool, MGR was cool, DMC was gay cowboys cool, but Scalebound felt kinda cringy with the MC and generic looking setting.
>>
>>387160787
>Platinum definitely failed

and MS failed to understand how AAA works. Xbox is dying a sad slow death.
>>
Xbox could have been good
>>
>>387157002
>could barely hold 20 fps in the E3 gameaplay
>they also wanted this to be multiplayer
>that protagonist

Seriously DmC has better character design than this
>>
>>387158067
I was always bothered by him hitting them with sword waves instead of the actual blade
>>
>>387160787
I am 99.99999% certain the framerate was Microsoft's fault, they wanted Platinum to prioritize visuals. Also the protagonist's design and the forced co-op stink of executive meddling.
>>
>>387157171
Disagreements between Microsoft and Kamiya.
>>
File: 4452648-4580717005-How-t[1].jpg (1MB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
4452648-4580717005-How-t[1].jpg
1MB, 1000x1426px
>>387157002
IT
FUCKING
HURTS
SO
MUCH
>>
>>387157276
Doubt it. People aren't giving a shit about Crackdown 3 but that's getting a release this November. I'm excited though. I was hoping for Scalebound to release, I miss these dragon-riding games. Haven't had a single one for years now.
>>
>>387157002
No, it really didn't. Every single gameplay trailer shown off looked worse than the last.
>>
>>387157171
According to Phil Spencer
>His opinion is that perhaps the game was announced too early as PlatinumGames strives to create huge games that have no equal among existing titles in things like size, scale of multiplayer and more.

>However since the announcement was too early, it created pressure, influenced development, and raised the hurdles on the way to the goal. As a result, this created a situation in which both companies were in doubt on whether the game could offer what the fans wanted. Due to that, it was decided to discontinue Scalebound‘s development.

So basicly instead of just giving it a bit more time/delaying it they just cancelled it
>>
>>387157002
Main character's cringe as fuck. Shit was doomed. Commit suicide.
>>
>>387157171
Kamiya being a businessman.
>>
>>387157171
Microsoft cancelled Scalebound because they only want bullshit multiplayer "games as a service" shit now. Scalebound already had forced multiplayer but supposedly it wasn't enough.

Microsoft doesn't believe in the 60 dollar singleplayer game anymore.
>>
>>387158067
right click -> play speed (faster)
enjoy fluid combat

they could have made it faster before release
>>
>>387157002
it could've also been a generic platinum game that plays like 90% of their other games, in another word, mediocre.
>>
>>387157002
People only gave a shit about it when it got cancelled.
>>
>Xbox boss Phil Spencer says Scalebound cancellation is "better for Xbox gamers"

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-boss-says-scalebound-cancellation-is-better-for-xbox-gamers/

TL;DR
It got cancelled because there are no sniper rifles and killstreaks.
>>
>>387157002
Hahahahahahahahaha no it looked awful that vertical slice from e3 was the worst.
>>
>>387157002
But it wasn't, just look at the gameplay.
>>
>>387157171
Phil trying to save his corporate ass, let there be no doubt, Phil Spencer killed off scalebound, these corporate scumbags would rather take no risks since they know right they can keep selling shitty underpowered hardware well as long it has Fifa, madden, gears of war 20 and other normieshit drones love.
>>
File: Lost-Odyssey.jpg (208KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Odyssey.jpg
208KB, 800x600px
>>387157002
Before cancellation:
>this looks like garbage. xbox gets another shitty game

After cancellation:
>wtf MS this would have been amazing muh kamiya can do no wrong

it always looked shit. just because it was a kamiya game doesn't mean it was going to be an amazing 10/10 masterpiece. the man just didn't know what he was doing. the game was going nowhere and thus was cancelled.

>i-it was cancelled because MS and Japs cant work together or take any risks!!!
then what is pic related?

>>387167728
>they don't want to take risks
then why did they even bother announcing it, funding it, etc? that makes no sense...
>>
>>387166721
if it played like their other games it would have been amazing
>>
>>387169253
Then what is pic related?
A game that came out 10 years ago, times change buddy. Or are you seriously trying to defend current year MS. It's not like they only cancelled SB
>>
>>387169253
Just because you parrot the same shit you get from your circlejerk opinions here doesn't mean we are all idiots here who judge a game by trailers, and yes it was Phil Spencer trying to save his ass http://segmentnext.com/2017/04/01/phil-spencers-credibility-within-the-company-was-at-risk-scalebound-had-to-go/
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.