[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the series recover after this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

File: GTA-5-Download.jpg (64KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
GTA-5-Download.jpg
64KB, 300x369px
Can the series recover after this?
>>
>>387155846
It's a great game and you know it
>>
>>387155963

I think the point is more about the future direction of GTA, given that GTAO made more money alone than the entire series preceding it. At this rate GTA6 will be a 6 hour campaign mode designed purely to get you prepped for GTAO2: Dosh Boogaloo.
>>
>>387155846
I honestly think RDR2 could be a good judge of the direction they want to take, and objectively GTAV isnt a bad game at all, even if the multiplayer isn't your thing. I reserve judgement, hopefully.
>>
>>387155846
how can the game ever recover after making billions and billions of dollars from shark cards.

>>387156341
I wouldn't even bother with a SP mode if I was R* just the option to do story missions in single player

they just need a way to tie GTAV to the next one so you can keep your character, maybe a New RP for the new city and spawning from the airport everytime you switch games.
>>
GTA VI multiplayer better integrate some SAMP elements
>>
>>387155963
GTAV is a Houser vanity project and you know it. It's a fucking movie and a poor movie at that. Three playable characters means no sense of progression and lack of immersion. All the characters are quippy assholes whereas prevously in GTA at least main character was relateable. The freedom to approach the objectives in missions has been completely removed hense it's no fun to play them. It's no fun to explore the world because it's a copy of the real one. The game is boring piece of shit with great graphics.
>>
>>387155846
Yes, just make sure they don't disregard half of the entire fucking map next time
>>
The best selling game from the entire series that is one of the highest grossing videogames of all time and made billions of dollars? Man, i don't think it'll ever recover RIP GTA man.
>>
>>387156560
RDR needs to be story driven, not even Rockstar can sell shark cards to get people to buy horses.
>>
>>387155846
>Pretending GTAV was a flop

Living a lie, eh?
>>
>>387157630
But they can sell horse cards
>>
>>387158242

More likely would be Bank Bags.

In the flavors of Tenderfoot, Bad Hombre, Grande Bandito and Billy The Kid.
>>
>>387157130
I couldn't relate to Niko at all. In gtav you have the gangbanger and the psycho to use for different playstyles. Uhm and then fucked up family man, but that aside I think gtav was much better than gtaiv. Gta3 just feels hollow in comparison and 2 is so outdated it's unplayable. In 1 you didn't even have a real character, but just a bunch of pictures. Still played the shit out of all the games. Overall I think the series has improved over the years.
>>
>>387155846
>recover
it still sells like hotcakes in the current year
>>
>>387158886
Or gold horseshoes
>>
2 bad games in a row and it's still a top seller. Online being so profitable that they said they will reconsider how to make GTA 6 (read this as online only pay2win garbage). Doesn't really matter anyway, normies love online shit like GTAO and PUBG.
>>
>>387155846
no
>>
>can a series recover after one of the most successful games of all time?

WHAT THE FUCK EVEN IS THIS BOARD AND THE MORONS ON IT?
>>
>>387161973
there is a huge difference between being a good game and being successful
>>
>>387161973
>Bash a game because it's popular
>Bash a game for great sales

This place is truly the epicenter of fucking idiots. I don't know why I keep coming back to /v/.
>>
>>387162076
>theres a huge difference
>its my opinion vs everyone else
>wild success and tons of people playing it doesn't matter. Its still SHIT
>>
>>387162178
/v/ in a nutshell
>>
>>387162076
>One is objectively measured and therefore can't be argued, so /v/ermin ignore it
>The other is completely subjective and can be argued about forever, so /v/ermin can shitpost endlessly
The day Hiro drops the servers into a dumpster cannot come soon enough
>>
>>387162178
the only thing that was successful was gto
gtaV on its own is a mediocre game
>>
>>387162341
>this one facet of the game is bad IMO
>therefore I'm going to extrapolate my opinion by differentiating without a difference
>>
>>387162341
and likewise no one plays COD single player its all about the MP
>>
>>387162474
>b-but they are the same
no they aren't
gto is clearly its own thing since the devs have pumped out all these gto exclusive dlc while gtav has stayed the same since launch
>>
I liked GTAV single player
>>
>>387155846
Not with Online it won't.
>>
>>387162771
So fucking what, you bitching about 1 facet of an entire game doesn't somehow detract that your opinion is based on nothing but the fact that you hate the SP for what ever reason and try to paint the entire thing as garbage when really you're just a hipster because you hate popular shit
>>
>>387157130
So is every other ps4 game but /v/ unironically praises those

so whats your point anon lmao
>>
>>387162946
the entire thing is garbage
gto=underage filled garbage with sharkcards
gtav=halfassed gta game
>>
>>387163097
>its garbage because its popular and tons of people play it and it made a ton of money
>>
>the game is shit because kids play it and it has elements of microtransactions I don't like
>the SP is half assed because I said so
>>
>>387163134
so in your opinion fifa and other rehash sports games are good because they sold well to casual players?
your opinion is complete dogshit
>>
>>387163134
>>387163204
Don't listen to them, GTA 5 is a good game and /v/ is just made up of hipster cuckolds
>>
>>387163239
>your opinion is shit because you won't agree with me that popular games are garbage.
>>
The biggest problem with GTA 5 were the physics and gameplay changes. GTA 4 was perfect from a mechanics perspective. Rampages in 5 just aren't fun.
>>
>>387163362
Don't forget the AI and some of the sound design (the guns)
>>
>>387162163
maybe you should go back to plebbit/neofag and stay there
>>
As much as I like the 3 character story, i think it was MUCH better done in GTAIV. By having things all happen at the same time, directly affecting the other characters without actively putting them together much.
>>
>>387163716
What?
>>
>>387163729
Are you in the right thread buddy?
>>
File: lewispound.jpg (306KB, 1536x1138px) Image search: [Google]
lewispound.jpg
306KB, 1536x1138px
And because that son of a bitch,
Franz Josef of Austria. . . . . .
And because that son of a bitch Napoléon Barbiche…
They put Aldington on Hill 70, in a trench
dug through corpses
With a lot of kids of sixteen,
Howling and crying for their mamas,
And he sent a chit back to his major:
I can hold out for ten minutes
With my sergeant and a machine-gun.
And they rebuked him for levity.
And Henri Gaudier went to it,
and they killed him,
And killed a good deal of sculpture,
And ole T.E.H. he went to it,
With a lot of books from the library,
London Library, and a shell buried ‘em in a dug-out,
And the Library expressed its annoyance.
And a bullet hit him on the elbow
…gone through the fellow in front of him,
And he read Kant in the Hospital, in Wimbledon,
in the original,
And the hospital staff didn’t like it.

And Wyndham Lewis went to it,
With a heavy bit of artillery,
and the airmen came by with a mitrailleuse,
And cleaned out most of his company,
and a shell lit on his tin hut,
While he was out in the privy,
and he was all there was left of that outfit.

Windeler went to it,
and he was out in the Ægæan,
And down in the hold of his ship
pumping gas into a sausage,
And the boatswain looked over the rail,
down into amidships, and he said:
Gees! look a’ the Kept’n,
The Kept’n’s a-gettin’ ‘er up.

And Ole Captain Baker went to it,
with his legs full of rheumatics,
So much so he couldn’t run,
so he was six months in hospital,
Observing the mentality of the patients.
>>
gta online would be fun if rockstar weren't kikes in all honesty. i wouldn't really give as much of a fuck as i'd like to if they ditched single player as long as the online was rewarding. if they ditched single player and continued to try and squeeze as much money as humanly possible out of people who already bought the game then first of all fuck rockstar, second people will catch on eventually and stop giving them money. SAMP is fun as fuck and is proof that this concept has potential
>>
>>387164481
I like the IDEA of GTA Online that was presented way back in the trailers. But theres way too much reliance on money. You cant have fun.

Really, I would have liked to see the Online mode complimented by a set of standard Cops & Robbers, Deathmatch etc,
>>
>>387163362
iirc the physics in gta 5 were horrible, cars drove like shit and the character moved very sluggish in shootouts which resulted in you getting killed mid-animation 90% of the time
>>
>>387164620
gta 4*
>>
File: League_of_Legends_logo.png (159KB, 502x198px) Image search: [Google]
League_of_Legends_logo.png
159KB, 502x198px
>>387162178
>>
File: 1491059311715.png (232KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1491059311715.png
232KB, 512x384px
>>387157130
>All the characters are quippy assholes whereas prevously in GTA at least main character was relateable

What is Franklin? The most normal one in the group that people can relate too as he approaches both sides of the mid life crisis seeing Trevor and Micheal?

>The freedom to approach the objectives in missions has been completely removed hense it's no fun to play them.

The fuck are you going about, there was never fucking freedom in any GTA mission, actually the heists are the most dynamics a GTA mission has ever seen.

Also most GTA missions were "drive over here, shot up a bad guy" or "drive over here, chase someone" and then one or two missions with some gimmicky shit in it.

GTA V has all that with the strangers missions and most of them dont feel copy-pasted like older GTAs, but you can see though the formula.

>It's no fun to explore the world because it's a copy of the real one.
>There are fucking cannibals in the mountains outside of LA
>The redneck desert is copy-pasted

You are talking out of your ass, most games cities always strived to have landmarks of the real city while adding things here and there, same in GTA V.

Aside from the main complaint of the 3 characters, all of your bullshit is blind nostalgia, yes even for GTA IV because the missions there so fucking bland and lackluster most of the time.
>>
>>387165256
And then Franklin gets a house and his character development essentially dies.
>>
>>387165256
>franklin
>relatable
he was a bland as fuck non character
>>
>>387165380
You can easily relate to a bland character since he is the most sane out of a world of crazy ass people.

Tell me how the fuck do you relate to previous GTA characters
>>
>>387165380
>what is the weed smoking activity
Hell, I thought most of /v/ would have related to that if the blogshit threads were any indication
>Man, I'm stoned as a motherfucker. My fucking mother...man. My fucking mother. I miss you. You fucking moron - drug addict ass fool - just like I'm on drugs...shit
>A tough motherfucker who nobody fucks with. Because nobody likes.
>Nothing can touch me. Because I don't feel any fucking thing. Because I'm empty, and that's why I don't have any fucking friends.
>I'm as happy as can be...when you're all alone and everyone hates you.
>My toes are fucking dead - or my soul. Which the fuck is it? Something is very dead.
>Man, I just wish I could get a bigger bag of this shit and Tanisha, aand go live on an island some fucking where. I could be on some motherfucking island with this woman.
>She ain't my woman. She ain't shit to me. I ain't shit to me.
>>
>>387165256
>The fuck are you going about, there was never fucking freedom in any GTA mission
Dumbass you are free to complete most missions any way you want in GTA III, there's less freedom in the following games, but GTA V is pretty much Call of Duty.
>>
>>387157396
Not one of the highest grossing, it's literally THE highest grossing game of all time and not only that, it's the highest grossing piece of media ever created, no movie, book or song achieved ever so much money than GTA V. It's literally a money machine.
>>
>>387157130
>It's a fucking movie and a poor movie at that
They are all fucking movies past 3.
>>
>>387165796
You fucking serious m8

Of all the fucking games you quote as freedom, you quote GTA III, the one with the most repetitive ass missions in all the games.

But still, most GTA followed this simple formula: Unlock mission giver, do a few missions for them that eventually unlock another mission giver while still have 1 or 2 missions from the first mission giver and thats it.

Dont get me started on the main story missions because is the same god damn shit.

GTA V also has this type of formula but in other format where you wait for cretin things to happen before going forward.

Also you have side-missions in GTA V that you can do whenever you want or find them first, GTA IV did this first but they were like at most 5 to 10 missions from 2 people were GTA V has a lot more to offer.
>>
>>387164359
no
>>
File: rpg.png (734KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
rpg.png
734KB, 1600x900px
>>387166156
I see what he means though. GTA VC missions run on a predetermined course so to speak. If you don't destroy the car blocking the path in this mission, you can't progress, etc
>>
>>387165256
When he says
>freedom to approach the objectives
he means that literally, as in the very nature of the sandbox game GTA always was gave you the freedom to approach those "drive over here, chase someone" or "kill this guy" objectives in any way you chose. What you're trying to say is that GTA V has variation in the objectives themselves, which it does, but in the process, it has lost some of the sandbox nature that the previous GTAs had.

For example, in IV during the Vigilante missions, where the objective is just "kill these guys," the charm in the mission came from being able to do so in anyway you wished. You could do things like
>just go in there and shoot them yourself on foot (either with headshots or trying to use IV's physics to kill them)
>strap Packie's car bomb to the police car before starting the mission and attempt to drive it into the enemies, jump out, and blow it up in their faces
>go to the site, call 911 for a fire truck, and kill all the guys using the fire hose, while trying to avoid getting busted at the same time
>call the cops and have them do the job for you
>call Dwayne's henchmen and have them back you up, while you try out other guns/tactics
>call both and watch the massive three-way shootout

In V, you can't do these things, and that's not just because the Vigilante mission isn't in the game. During the heists for example, yes, you get to choose your approach, but once you do, you can't change how the mission is played. You can't decide to run to the military base, and get a tank to help you do the heist. You have to use whatever vehicles they provide for you, and you are forced to follow the objectives to the letter, since there are mission boundaries now. Once you've played the heists once for each approach, replayability is gone because the only thing that changes is how much money you earn, gameplay will remain exactly the same.

That's what he means when he says "freedom to approach the objectives."
>>
Meh. It's okay. It didn't completely shit the bed like Fallout 4 or Bioshock Infinite did. I prefer IV, SA and VC but V certainly had some amazing graphics.
>>
>>387155846
>Can the series recover after one of the best selling games of all time that's practically printing money for Rockstar?
Yeah I think they'll be okay.
>>
>>387155846
should I get this or Battlegrounds?
>>
>>387166762
>vigilante missions
>literally a minigame about follow X kill X
SOOO DEEEP I CRIE EVERTYEM
>>
>>387155846
>Best selling game of all time
>widespread critical praise
>still has a large active player base

Fuck yourself, contrarian cuck.
>>
>>387155846
good game but with the direction they're going no they cannot
>>
>>387167549
Did you even read the rest of the post and what it addresses? Tell me one mission, main or side, in V where you have even half this degree of freedom. And the stuff I mentioned is just the shit I did; that's not even going into what more creative players can do with it. Also
>has no argument so he resorts to memespouting
>>
>>387155846
>can a series recover after being a massively successful game

i think they'll do alright
>>
>>387162474
the one facet being what GTA is known for, GTO was a poor mans APB:Reloaded and only successful for all of the children that populate it using their mommies creditcard for sharkcards.
>>387162512
GTA was a primarily singleplayer series faggot.
>>
>>387163134
no, it's garbage because the singleplayer has fuckall to do and the online is garbage because its design philosophy is built around milking its playerbase with sharkcards making for a very poor online experience for anyone who isn't willing to drop a hundred dollars ontop of their $60 so that they don't have to grind for an eternity to enjoy the game.
>>
>>387168202
adding to this, the online is designed so poorly that its riddled with hackers doing shit that they would never be able to do in any other fucking game
>>
>>387167049
t. virgin
>>
I just want to see what they'll do with Red Dead Redemption 2. I just have a bad feeling they'll implement a lot of bad features/mechanics from GTA V.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.