[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /v/ so full of contrarian cherry-pickers who see nearly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: uhh.gif (4MB, 490x476px) Image search: [Google]
uhh.gif
4MB, 490x476px
Why is /v/ so full of contrarian cherry-pickers who see nearly everything in the most negative light possible and then proceed to post threads and replies talking about games they've never or hardly ever played in order to make them seem like the worst fucking things ever?

Isn't it time we admitted we had a problem and just learned to enjoy the game?
>>
>>387142919
>we

Cry more, fuck nuts
>>
>>387142919
It's easier to take a stance that you like nothing and hate everything, because then no one can hurt your feelings by trying to judge game you like, when you openly hate it.

The vast majority of the time, no one actually hates the game they're shitposting about [as much as they claim too, anyway] and generally enjoy a lot of games.

On top of that, it prevents your pride from ever being hurt. Openly hating on something to the point where you can convince yourself its shit, or only liking the '/v/ approved' games save you from ever being burned.
>>
>>387142989
And of course any kind of truthful criticism is met with this immature, meaningless dribble that doesn't even try to discuss or argue a point.

You might as well have just not said anything.
>>
>>387142919
Yeah fuck critical thinking.
>>
>>387143085
Critical thinking and blind contrarian scepticism of everything except Dark Souls are not the same thing.
>>
>>387142919
We're scared of liking something in case reddit likes it too and we find out we share a common opinion.

We must avoid that at all costs. Even if it means hating our favourite games.
>>
File: 1502008448189.jpg (52KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1502008448189.jpg
52KB, 330x330px
>game is objectivley shitty and widely flawed
>only replys are
>HAHHAAHAAHAH GIT GUD SCCRUB xxxdDDD
i crittique and have an open discussion but if they just want to shitpost and spout memes and non-arguments hen i'll just shitpost and or bait them in a way that makes them think
>>
>>387143078
Cry more fuck nuts
>>
>>387142919

Every individual poster on /v/ has certain games they like. These will generally not always match up, since a person's favourite game is a highly personal thing.

But at the same time, every individual poster will also have a large number of games they dislike. The number of disliked games likely eclipses the number of liked games since some people don't like whole genres, some don't like newer games etc. etc.

This results in, on average, more negative feelings about any given game, than positive ones. There are exceptions to this rule, but it will hold true for virtually any discussion on virtually any game or genre. Add to this, that it is far more interesting to talk about the negatives of a game than it is to talk about the positives of a game, and that it is more productive to talk about newer games which will usually receive worse reviews than the older games which still have a reason to be discussed here (because if its still being discussed 3-10 years later it was at least memorable).

Basically you're confusing /v/ as a whole with /v/ as individual posters and thinking that everyone who doesn't like every game is one person.
>>
>>387142919
/v/ is a crucible. It'll either break you or strengthen you.
>>
>>387142919
Because /v/ is full with bitter no life autists who spend all day shitposting trying to fit in on an anonymous memes and frogposting board.

They get brainwashed by all of the mems and shitposting and think that is how life really is.

I just laugh at them to be honest.
>>
File: 1501034680737 (1).jpg (69KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
1501034680737 (1).jpg
69KB, 540x359px
>>387144223
It would be much more interresting to actually talk to the folks that enjoy games in general, share storys and host games we could play togheter. I miss the old /v/ when every fucknut could just link to his stream/server only so we can grief the fuck out of it. But nowadays videogames are serious business
>>
>>387142919
>Isn't it time we enjoyed things we don't enjoy?
No.
>>
>>387142919
shill these days...
>>
>>387144830

Nah. You get a more nuanced view if you don't shut out the negatives.
Obviously you can safely ignore reply the idiot one word or bandwagon replies. They're easy to spot and even easier to ignore. So you pay attention to the people who have an actual brain in their head and give a solid review. You see a dozen or so of these, and you get a better whole picture of the game.

I'd rather know what the bad parts of a game are then live in an echo-chamber of only positive things.
>>
>>387145512
I don't give a flying fuck about your reviews. I want to DO shit with you faggots. Or atleast learn something new.

Did you find any good games tha flew under the radar?
Did you enjoy any soundtracks resently?
Are there any good mods for older games that get me to reinstall something?
Do you play on some server with cool mods?

Back in the days, whenever i visited /v/ i left with something new. Now all there is left are gamecritics, e-celeb/dev drama and consolewars.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.