[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Has a better RPG been released in the last 5 years than this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Has a better RPG been released in the last 5 years than this?
>>
>>387141130
Yes
>>
Breath of the Wild
>>
shadowrun
>>
File: Ksx2Wa1.jpg (85KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ksx2Wa1.jpg
85KB, 600x450px
>>387141130
I don't know, I just keep replaying Morrowind with mods for the last 10 years.
>>
>>387141130
Yes but being a shitposter in general, /v/ would shit on every RPG that will be mentioned in this thread. Even pic related
>>
>>387141130
No, I hope OS2 is as good as the first one.
>>
It's shit. The story, quests and roleplaying elements are an absolute joke and the combat is severely overhyped. The main problem with the combat (and I'm talking about tactician difficulty here) is that it's really fucking easy if you just play in a non-retarded way and use the crafting system to its full potential. Somewhere after the 1/3 of the game (Luculla and beyond) the game becomes a snorefest as all encounters drastically lose difficulty due to the power spike your party experiences from levelling and proper use of crafting and you spend hours and hours fighting trash mobs like goblins, spiders and skeletons. The more you progress the more the balance becomes skewed in player's favor and the rest of the game becomes pretty much a joke.

People saying that the combat in this game is "good" are retards, DOS is literally babby's first turn based h&s game difficulty wise.
>>
I prefer games with mature themes in them. Gems like fnv, motb, poe. The writing in dos is simply too terrible and makes the game unplayable.
Take your ancient evil awakens and end yourself.

Typical /v/ermin subhuman only care about killing mobs in crpg's therefore they praise dos for being the best thing ever made because it have somewhat decent casual combat system

the story is shit, writing is shit, music is shit, humor is absolute garbage, art direction is shit, companions are shit, lore is shit BUT HEY! it's fun to kill stuff!
>>
File: dos2lf.jpg (153KB, 615x781px) Image search: [Google]
dos2lf.jpg
153KB, 615x781px
The sequel, next month.
>>
>>387141130
kiddynity unoriginal sin is not an rpg game, it's not
It's a co-op console game made with retards in mind
terrible writing,shit story, circus music, shitty visual direction, bad jokes and kind fun but easy to exploit combat system

play kiddynity if you want to have fun with your console buddy while drinking some beer or smoking weed
>>
>>387141130
I didn't care for original sin. For all I know the story and interactions could have been amazing but I just couldnt get past the extremely shallow and simple combat it displayed early on, mixed with the weird two character gameplay and trying the game well after everyone had already played it so I didn't really get to enjoy it.

Original sin 2 on the otherhand is fucking leagues better from what it has so far. Combat is thoroughly enjoyable and isn't a complete chore like so many rpgs these days. It was so enjoyable I actually went out in search of every enemy on the island so I could find them all. Made doing quests something I actually looked forward to. Best EA I've ever bought into.
>>
>>387141896
>>387141662
Nice samefagging
>>
>>387141973
don't worry, you werent missing anything in regards to OS1's story, if i remember correctly it pretty much boils down to "an ancient evil awakens"
i wish larian stuck with the divine divinity/beyond divinity style
>>
>>387141130
Nope. Now chosen one, speak to Zixzax to get the ability to talk to cats and to have the narrator talk in puns 24/7.

Here lies OP
A faggot he be.
>>
File: underrail 2017-07-18 17-08-37-44.jpg (465KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
underrail 2017-07-18 17-08-37-44.jpg
465KB, 1920x1080px
>>387141130
Underrail.
>>
>>387141130
I wouldn't know, OP.

I'm still waiting for skeleton no. 451 to finish his turn.

Oops, he slipped on oil slick, oops he got electrocuted, lulz so funny. He'll finish his turn someday now, and then only 7 more generic trashmobs need to take their turn.
>>
>>387141973
D:OS 2 is much better written, better paced, and has slightly better area design, but it isn't really better than the first game anywhere else. Outside of the new spell schools, neither of which can be used as the lynchpin of a character for many reasons, skills are, tier for tier, far less interesting and less effective than they were in D:OS and on top of that, the Source Point system fucking *sucks* because it gates the most interesting skills behind a resource that's limited both on how many you get due to limited wand/helmet charges to obtain them and how many you can use on skills because they're used to resolve some quests/puzzles, the soundtrack is boring and inferior to D:OS' 10/10 soundtrack in every way, and companion customization fucking sucks for no reason. If I had to compare my experience playing a warrior in D:OS to doing the same thing in D:OS2, D:OS wins that contest hands down.
>>
File: header.jpg?t=1491502742.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1491502742.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
Other than combat, PoE is better in every department.
>>
>>387146223
Soundtrack.
>>
>>387144216
this
>>
The Witcher 3?
>>
>>387147042
One of the finest games ever created but it's barely an RPG.
>>
fallout4 was btter
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.