[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dust settled Can we finally give the veredict this deserves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

Dust settled
Can we finally give the veredict this deserves?
>>
>>387136575
Overpriced as fuck
>>
>>387136575
it was pretty but still boring. i had to force myself to finish it. even my dad thinks isw boring. and he is into puzzle games and walk sims
>>
2smart4u
>>
>>387136575
honestly overpriced
excellent puzzles
"pretentious on purpose" doesn't make it funny

I really only care about the second fact since I'm not poor and I like puzzles too much
>>
File: 1502633690167.jpg (136KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502633690167.jpg
136KB, 638x960px
Immensely aesthetically pleasing but overpriced to shit, I got it from last year's summer humbling bundle so I'm pretty happy with it. Puzzles are easy to get a grasp of to a new player and keep things interesting throughout. Good but not "60 Euro" good
>>
Would have loved to see any other variety of puzzle.
>>
It's really great
>>
>>387136575
It's great but that ending was so hamfisted and lazy it just ruined it.
>>
It's really good puzzle game. Can't say anyting about overpriceness cos i've bought it on torrents
>>
one of the greatest puzzle games ever made.
>>
Witness this 8
>>
>>387138976
Witness me 3
>>
The wetness
>>
Best 2016 game
>>
The Twatness
>>
>>387136575
Very pretty, great atmosphere. While the environmental puzzles were interesting, it suffered from making every puzzle follow the same basic structure
>>
>>387136575
The kind of game that you would use as an example if you were writing a textbook entry on "teaching by showing" in game design.

Overall it's just okay, but the way literally the entire game from start to finish is about you learning to play the game on your own is pretty cool.
>>
>>387139425
You had a perfectly viable set-up for "the Twitness" and you got greedy.
>>
One of the best games of all time.
>>
Had good puzzles, and generally is a very well designed game, but you have to REALLY be into line puzzles to still give a shit past the first 3 hours, and the game seems to believe it's making some powerfull point about human nature or some shit but it's kind of laughable;
>>
>>387136575
puzzle are great.
story is no sense.
not purpose.
>>
Enviromental puzzles were great.
Self-learning from tablet puzzles was great.
Tablet puzzles was mobile-gaming tier.
Aesthetics was great.
Themes, philosophies, the damn movies they show you and stuff was pretty lame, and I would say it lacked thematical focus.
Overall, I would call it a worse Talos Principle, but a decent game.
>>
I don't know why i get dizzy when I play
Maybe the refresh rate or the lack of sound
>>
File: 210970_2016-01-28_00003.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
210970_2016-01-28_00003.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
I'm too dumb for it. Here's one I got stuck on. Obviously I got the previous ones in that series, but no matter how many different POVs I looked it I still couldn't see the correct path.
>>
>>387141781
I get nauseous because of frame rate and stuff
>>
>>387136653
Now on sale for 11$ with PS+
>>
>>387141964
Must be something like that
The witness and Antichamber are a guarantee of nausea for me
I play other first person games without issues
>>
>>387141951
Are you still stuck here?
I mean if you really look at it and think how shadows work it's really quite easy.
>>
>>387141001
Having played the Talos principle just the week before, I couldn't help but cringe all game through
>>
>>387141951
you need to get farther from the puzzle, so that the shadows align and form a pattern
then you go into the puzzle following that pattern
>>
>>387142957
I liked Talos' actually pretty down to earth approach to the whole thematic without ever really being up its own ass and only deliberately smug during the Milton stuff.

Meanwhile in The Witness you could almost see the image of Blow teasing his nipples during each audio log and video .
>>
Enjoyed it way better than The Talos Principle. I for one thought the audiologs and movies were pretty great, because I thought the game was gonna build up to something, but it didn't. All in all, it looks great, it has amazing puzzles and the biggest critique I can make apart from what I said above is that I couldn't fall off of ledges. Walking all the way over to go 2 ft. down was ass.
>>
>>387144837
You said it.
>>
File: nagitomath.png (309KB, 505x560px) Image search: [Google]
nagitomath.png
309KB, 505x560px
Fucking beautiful amazing experience that was impossible to put down. Those puzzles were crack.
Unfortunately, the soundclips were unnecessary and removed from the artfulness while adding only pretentious masturbation. The game was a piece of art and a fun puzzle game on its own without any videos, recordings, etc.
The best part is when you find the first natural puzzle and go "oh shit what the fuck" and then suddenly you start seeing them everywhere, absolutely amazing suddenly seeing so many things hidden in plain sight.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.