[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFXV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 1469208332312.jpg (105KB, 654x875px) Image search: [Google]
1469208332312.jpg
105KB, 654x875px
WHy? WHy did this have to happen? THis could have been the best Final Fantasy, no, the best game ever made. Why did we get cucked with an abonimation of a game, rather than this masterpiece? Just look at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUSXub_ypU
it could have been like this
>>
It's a great game and only a vocal minority doesn't like it. Same as FFXII.
>>
wasted potential: the game
>>
It's a mediocre game at best and a giant disappointment at worst
SE fucked over everyone involved and this is what happens in the end
>>
File: BlueReflectionFFXV-2.jpg (113KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BlueReflectionFFXV-2.jpg
113KB, 960x540px
at least it gave us waifus
>>
File: FINAL FANTASY XV_20170813070241.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FANTASY XV_20170813070241.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
I went into it with only a cursory knowledge of Versus XIII being a thing and knowing it was constantly delayed. The game's alright up until you visit Altissia, and even then it has a problem of just not explaining a lot and massive character alliance swaps without ever being told, Aranea and Ravus being the most drastic and out of nowhere. After Altissia it's just corridors that last forever with Noctis brooding the entire time and having to stop for Ignis constantly, then that nonsense with the Empire and Ravus that is never explained, then the entire Dark World is just glanced over, and then it's endgame. Honestly, after you get Leviathan it doesn't become fun again until you meet up with everyone again in the Dark World at which point you feel like they finally made the game good again just for it to end directly after.

Chapter 13 needs to be wiped from the game, I don't know how it still exists with how long it is and how little is explained until right near the end even if you're reading the lab notes. At least the ending was great, especially the campfire speech.
>>
>>387137102
>campfire scene mid-credits
>fucking perfect scene capitalizing on the player's real journey with the boys
>game actually ends with a cheesy afterlife marriage between Noctis and that girl that only sort of appeared in the game

Why do it, Tabata
>>
>>387137369
Completely agreed, they captured that beautiful moment and you felt it and then you got this nonsense with Luna like you were supposed to care for her at all. Iris was way more fun and enjoyable than Luna was and Iris was with you for like an hour or two at most. At least the title change was nice to see.
>>
File: tfw no one likes Noct-kun's gamu.jpg (292KB, 1136x1011px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no one likes Noct-kun's gamu.jpg
292KB, 1136x1011px
>>387136324
blame should be placed towards

FFXIII
>wasted resources with unnecessary sequels and diverted staff from Versus 13

FFXIV
>bombing and needing to remade, which also diverted resources from Versus 13

Luminous engine
>literally a nightmare to work with. no one outside Square knew how to use the engine either, so they were understaffed

Square management
>forcing Tabata to use luminous
>not allowing the game to have sequels, meaning 3 games worth of story needed to be condensed into 1
>falling for the graphics meme
>releasing the game too early
>kinglaive

Tabata
>too many surveys and fan feedback
>uprooting the combat a year before release because of fan feedback, which resulted in a much worse combat system
>open world meme
>graphics meme
wasting time incorporating stuff fans asked for instead of finishing the actual game first
>not having confidence in his own vision
>dumbing down everything for casuals because of fan feedback
>chasing the western audience

that's all i can think of for now
>>
>>387137608
Tabata relied on fan feedback because he didn't have a vision for the game.
>>
File: BlueReflectionFFXV-4.jpg (83KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BlueReflectionFFXV-4.jpg
83KB, 960x540px
>>387137717
well, it's not his fault. It wasn't his game. type 0 is a good game made by tabata. FFXV was nomuras, but square enix fucked us again.
>>
>>387137717
he actually did. duscae demo proved that to some degree. but i think somewhere along the line, he started doubting himself or square forced his hand cause they didnt really trust him to deliver. he should've asked Nomura od Sakaguchi for help though, not fans who know nothing about game development

its literally the fans fault that the combat is so shit. the duscae combat had so much potential, but everyone complained that it was too complicated because most of the FF fanbase havent played an action game before. even Type-0 had more engaging combat than FFXV, and that was a PSP game from years ago
>>
>>387138012
Tabatas dumb statements during interviews didn't help either. Shit like muh old hands or make enemies random because realism. He really should've just said nothing a lot of times
>>
>>387137717
compare this combat to the current iteration. it's pretty clear that tabata actually knew what he was doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2t2Si60Ak
>>
>>387138012
it's a fucking shame. This could have been devil may fantasy XV. EVen the katana in the game is boring. every weapon is just press O to do damage. WHy?
>>
>>387136324
"ffx is the last good ff game"
- overhead someone yelling at a bar.
>>
>>387138097
yeah, the dude talks to much. he's literally the opposite of nomura in that regard

>>387138118
because the fanbase is cancer and dont know how to play action games. it's a shame man. that's why so many from reddit actually defend the combat system and/or find it challenging
>>
File: FFXV_00006.jpg (180KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV_00006.jpg
180KB, 1440x810px
>we never got to explore this
I feel so cucked.
>>
>>387138112
I'd say it's more like the team knew what they were doing. If Tabata trusted them he would've never allowed changes or a survey that led to it.
It's not like he programmed the game
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.