[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg?t=1492697491.jpg (62KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1492697491.jpg
62KB, 460x215px
What went wrong?
>>
>>387136274
The bulk of Terraria's fanbase is what went wrong, it's basically the perfect storm of autism. I love this game to death, but it's the kind of game normal players only bother with when a new patch comes out. Then you start a new character, have a blast seeing the new shit, and then move on to another game.

Problem is the building elements and ridiculously low system requirements, combined with a very low and frequently available sale price attract the absolute worst kind of abnormal players. There shouldn't be 20k people playing Terraria on a Monday morning when there hasn't been a content patch in a long time.

This is basically the reason Otherworld is most likely vaporware and Terraria 2 will never come out. The normal people like the Terraria fans on /v/ would forgive a mediocre release, but the bulk of Terraria's fanbase would turn on the developers in a heartbeat if the release wasn't perfect.
>>
>>387136645
>Terraria's fanbase is what went wrong
>There shouldn't be 20k people playing Terraria on a Monday morning when there hasn't been a content patch in a long time
>The normal people
Holy shit that's a post that reeks of anxiety if I've ever seen one.
Why do you care so much in a single player game about the "community" and what other people are doing?
>>
File: 1435628772718.jpg (392KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1435628772718.jpg
392KB, 1300x1300px
>>387136274
Not enough mods.
>>
>>387136274
Nothing. Grade-A game from bro devs. Running two servers on RasPis at all time for friends.
>>
>>387136645
>/v/ forgiving a mediocre release
>normal people on /v/
>not realizing the game has great multi-player and experimental/creative potential
>playing a game with vast swathes of content for extended period of times is abnormal
>somehow terrarias low price and nonexistant game size is a problem in a world where $90, 50gb piece of shit games are made on the regular
>>
>>387136274
Nothing, best 5 bucks I ever spent.
>>
>>387136942
you got it wrong, we have way too much mods that add useless garbage.
>>
File: 132456.jpg (34KB, 454x267px) Image search: [Google]
132456.jpg
34KB, 454x267px
>>387136274
they kinda fucked melee out of existence from the start with how bosses are designed, expert mode only made it worse

Could do with more classes, but they're too slow at adding shit and updating the game
>>
>>387136645
THIS

When the developer originally said he was going to leave the game and move onto other stuff, the 'fanbase' threw the biggest autistic sperg I've ever seen.

It's a miracle the developer came back after that.
>>
>>387136274
Nothing really, except maybe a few things.
>pure melee builds are shit in pre-hardmode, especially against WoF
>fishing quests need to be completely redone
>breaking the first three altars shouldn't spawn corruption/hallow/crimson blocks
>getting rid of capturing statue pets
>>
Nothing really, besides awful balance leading to an awful power creep.
>>
>>387138358
>>fishing quests need to be completely redone

buttmad retard who refuses to touch fishing, while I a genius is sequence breaking with the reaver shark
>>
>>387138079
I used melee and it was fine :/
>>
>>387138494
you're using 'melee' everything becomes a projectile weapon by the end
>>
>>387138565
and? use a hammer axe if it triggers you so much :/
>>
File: 257376530.jpg (208KB, 530x424px) Image search: [Google]
257376530.jpg
208KB, 530x424px
>>387138659
>>
>>387138358
Corruption creep would be fine if there were better tools for managing it and if it didn't completely destroy the jungle
>>
>>387136274
Something went wrong?
It's an enjoyable game. I guess fishing being A. Boring and B. Rewarding means it baits minmaxers into not having fun, but I'm not sure that's a flaw.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.