[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pyre=Transistor>Bastion but Bastion is still good-great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Supergiant.png (2MB, 960x1678px) Image search: [Google]
Supergiant.png
2MB, 960x1678px
Pyre=Transistor>Bastion but Bastion is still good-great.
>>
Bastion didn't really do anything for me. The presentation is top class but the game itself felt a bit dull. I really enjoy Transistor though. It had both stellar presentation and interesting mechanics.
>>
>>387136824
That's one of my reasons. The pick 2 weapon system with such an insane variety does mean you can try a lot of different combos which is neat. But what each weapon does is fairly simple compared to everything else they've done. It's usually 1-2 types of basic attacks and some of the abilities you use those black tonics for were weapon specific. Enemies were also fairly simple, I think most of them only had one attack.

Also a lot of action games will be given shit if they have a block or dodge that's too safe. Bastion has both.
>Dodge is a get of a jail free card with a shitload of i-frames
>Block can just be held down and fucking work
>On top of that you can block precisely to deflect shit as well

The ending is probably the only part of the game that's still unquestionably stronger than the other Supergiant games. But even then I have my issues with it.
If you don't take Zulf the game legitimately goes down an entire point (at least) if you were to give it a number out of 10. Carrying Zulf and realizing that the Ura have stopped attacking you and are just watching is unlike any other video game experience. And if you don't take Zulf you just get a final fight. That's it.

When we have Supergiant threads without fail somebody is told they need to replay Bastion and pick the other ending to really appreciate the game and that they effectively picked wrong. And it's true. But that's really the fault of the game and not the guy who left Zulf
>>
The narrator is what turns Bastion from an average game to a good game.
Transistor is really cool but too short
Transistor > Bastion
>>
pyre > transistor = bastion imo
transistor was hampered by a weaker endgame (figuring out how to exploit men with void and burst damage makes the royce fight way too easy, and the final boss ai is kind of a letdown)

i did like transistor's music more than the other two though
>>
>>387136106
transistor was great. totally satisfied my cuck fetish. now I invite black dudes over to rail my wife while I pretend to be a sword.
>>
>>387141604
But they're both together by the end and the game starts off because Red rejected one of the villains cause she loves the guy who ends up in the sword.
>>
>>387136106
for me it's bastion > pyre > transistor.
>>
>>387136106
I know Supergiant is comprised of industry veterans, but goddamn did they come out of nowhere with three good games. It just took them a while to make something that lasts more than four hours, though.
>>
Why does transistor have to be so god damn hard if you're trying to use those inhibitor chips on the first run. God damn you game.
>>
>>387136106
Transistor >>>> Bastion

I'm not that interested in Pyre.
>>
File: supergiant.png (301KB, 501x691px) Image search: [Google]
supergiant.png
301KB, 501x691px
All I know is, no matter what the order, Supergiant is the only developer I will blindly pre-order from.
>>
what is pyre
>>
File: header_586x192.jpg (49KB, 586x192px) Image search: [Google]
header_586x192.jpg
49KB, 586x192px
>>387145073
Klei is also very good, albeit a lot more varied in what they've created so far.
>>
File: 4k.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
4k.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>387145239
A nice visual novel with a space jam minigame.
>>
For me it's Bastion > Transistor > Pyre but I can see why others might feel differently.
>>
File: 1500587708967.jpg (28KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
1500587708967.jpg
28KB, 640x569px
>>387136106
>Let's strip all the personality from the characters during matches, making the VN bits as disconnected as possible
Ironically they dropped the ball on the presentation.
>>
File: 1339153722825.png (18KB, 358x478px) Image search: [Google]
1339153722825.png
18KB, 358x478px
>>387145356
>Best of Klei
>No Shank in the image
Seems about right.
>>
>>387145356
>Invisible, Inc.

Underrated as FUCK game.
>>
>>387145717
>Let's strip all the personality from the characters during matches
>Named characters all have unique animations
>Regularly talk during matches

>making the VN bits as disconnected as possible
>Wanting them to just regurgitate the Bastion narrator format when The Voice was a way more interesting dynamic
Dumb opinions tbqh
>>
all the same game
>>
>>387147004
Dumb shitposter
>>
File: jodariel (2).png (576KB, 848x855px) Image search: [Google]
jodariel (2).png
576KB, 848x855px
Let's be honest these games wouldn't be half as popular without the fantastic music.

Best track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypvsPO2K9mI
>>
>>387146626
>Named characters all have unique animations
Uniquely animated blobs?
The horn lady looks especially terrible in the matches, didn't even think it was meant to be her from just watching the screenshots.

>Wanting them to just regurgitate the Bastion narrator format
Fucking what. You might need to see a doctor, that's some made up statements you're pulling out of your ass there, friendo.
>>
>>387147426
Why the bass drum, though?
>>
>>387137494
If you left Zulf you have nobody to blame but yourself.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.