[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Starcraft Remastered dethrone League of Legends in Korea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

Can Starcraft Remastered dethrone League of Legends in Korea?
>>
>>387135078
this looks like shit

it looked gritty and semi realistic, but the high resolution just makes it look like clay figures
>>
>>387137256

>looked gritty and semi realistic

what?
>>
>>387135078
Is this real or a fan edit? Why is the UI just extended with dead space rather tan moving the bigger parts to the outer edges of the screen?

Would people with 1000s of hours throw a shit fit because their muscle memory is based on the original UI?
>>
>>387137619
low resolution hid the imperfections

the way they upscaled the resolution is very lazy, especially the backgrounds, which now make everything else stand out, like it's some mobile clash of clans-tier game with structures' cut-outs pasted on top of a repeating pattern low detail terrain.
>>
>bliz charges people 15 burger for this
>>
>>387137256
>>387138162
I know what you mean. Limitations brought their own charm to the game, grainy resolution gave the game a sense of rust and roughness. I particulary miss the avatars, old ones had this bad lightning and awkward close-up angle, which made it look like a security cam.
>>
>>387135078
piece of shit fucking game, look at this bullshit.

Blizzard clearly busted out models they kept in storage and lazily pasted it into a 15 dollar cash grab called a 'remaster'.

Reminder:
1) The matchmaking functions should have been free
2) The skins should be free
3) The paste job should be free
4) All feature improvements should be free

This is because the remaster took 1 month of work max, the rest of the time was focused on shilling and marketing.

All the portraits ARE ABSOLUTE SHIT. They lost all of their gritty appeal. This is an example of Blizzard polishing a turd, you don't polish absolute crap you make something better, more refined.

This is a sign of worse things to come from Blizzard. There is no hope for this company, and /v/ knows this.
>>
>People shit on Blizzard for Starcraft Remaster but say nothing when Capcom chucks out RE4HD for the nth time
>>
>>387137719

Because it's widescreen you mong
>>
>>387140059

I guess it's because nobody cares about RE
>>
Abso fucking lutely impossible. Most of the youngsters play Lol anyways. Even if the viewership increases as Blizzard drops remaster of 20year old game it won't turn already Lol familiarized audience to their favor.

It will die out like a dim light in a cave and hardly no one is ever going to talk except hardcore fans.
>>
>>387139592
>should be free
Not to defend their laziness, but why the fuck it should be free, you fucking commie?
>>
LoL can be successfully played by a dog. SC requires several years of practice to get out of pure shitter zone. So no.
>>
>>387138162
Man you fags don't like anything.
>>
Why do pros even play when they will just lose against the god that is The Ultimate Weapon?
>>
>>387135078
Not in a million years.

>Can a 19 year old game that the majority already forgot about dethrone FIFA, LoL, Overwatch and extremely popular Korean MMOs/FPS games?
The answer should be beyond obvious.
Brood War lost its top dog status sometimes around 2004. Had Activision Blizzard done something then, maybe.
Nowadays, they stand no fucking chance.
>>
>>387139592
>because the remaster took 1 month of work max
jesus christ no
they had had to work on 20 year old code and possibly reverse engineer parts of the game binaries
and make said 20 year old code compatible with modern graphics, redo the online networking, redo the entire interface and everything
in fuckign 20 year old code
because they couldn't redo some significant parts because the entire game works entirely on accidental glitches
as a programmer, this is fucking nightmare fuel
most likely there was a team of competent programmers working on this shit for at least half a year if not longer
>>
>>387143374
>FIFA
>>
File: lol.jpg (117KB, 815x742px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
117KB, 815x742px
>>387135078
Who cares about league mate?
>>
>>387143452
Yes, FIFA.
One of the most played games in "PC bangs" over here.
>>
>>387143528
who cares about fifa players anyways
they're most likely not the type to play an intense RTS anyways
>>
>>387143590
>who cares about fifa players anyways
OP does.

Dethroning LoL means dethroning the games that share the top spots. I.e. FIFA, Overwatch and a bunch of games you've never heard of in your life.
>>
>>387140317
No shit. My point is why wouldn't you move the map and buttons to the far ends of the screen so you can see more rather than adding the useless non UI space...
>>
>>387142869
not him but they are selling all sorts of microtrnasaction bullshit cosmetics and stuff for sc2, and probably will do for sc 1
>>
>>387143778
why do you care about that? it's cosmetics. let people that want to pay for cosmetics fund the future of the game, and enjoy the fact that the game doesnt just get abandoned instead.
>>
File: 58438763973.jpg (18KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
58438763973.jpg
18KB, 409x393px
>>387135078
>blizz tries to create starcraft 2
>fails
>tries to make overwatch and esport
>fails
>"Fuck it let's just remaster Starcraft"
and they are still going to fuck it up somehow
>>
>>387137256
i think terran and protoss looks nice but zerg is not so.
>>
File: 1484811362079.jpg (6KB, 209x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484811362079.jpg
6KB, 209x192px
>>387138162
>>387138701
Absoloutely disagree.
The upscale is the OPPOSITE of lazy.
They straight up repainted every texture to match the original from a profile and substance perspective keeping all details but still make them much clearer. This is way fucking better than what you autists are letting it on to be.
>>387143024
this
>>
File: Kane Edition.jpg (341KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kane Edition.jpg
341KB, 1024x768px
>>387143778
>and probably will do for sc 1

You already get custom HQ skins if you pre-order.
The fact the guys making it are ex-C&C shows a whole damn lot.
>>
>>387144029
I mean sure it took more effort but it still looks like shit
>>
>>387144082
I will only agree with that one tileset on the ground. It looks less gritty and way too clean in the remaster.
>>
>>387135078
>Can Starcraft Remastered dethrone League of Legends in Korea?

PFFFFFFFTAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. You're so out of touch on competitive gaming it's not even funny. It would never dethrone League. Are you kidding me? AHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>387144061
>The fact the guys making it are ex-C&C shows a whole damn lot.
oh god that's who they hired for their rts game? The guys who fucking gutted an rts franchise so bad it permanently ended?
>>
>>387144252
>dethrone
kek implying league of legends isn't going to die off in a few years
>>
>>387144329
How many times you faggots said this since League was released 2009? I'll wait.
>>
>>387144426
league of legends is going to kill off its own pro scene with the way riot (dictatorshit) is running that show.
>>
>>387144271
>oh god that's who they hired for their rts game?

Welcome to 2008. The lead designer of Starcraft 2 was Dustin Browder, the lead designer of Red Alert 2 and Generals. He's hardly the only guy present.
The Starcraft 2 people were composed of just about every RTS studio ever made.
Like, the main balance guy, David Kim is from Relic.
The guy leading SC2 after Browder went on to work on Heroes of the Storm is also ex-C&C.
Their art department has people from Ensemble.

And so on...
>>
>>387144593
>the lead designer of Red Alert 2 and Generals

Those were both literal 10/10 RTS games though, shame he couldn't do the same with SC2.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.