[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUBGs player retention is 75 percent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.jpg (729KB, 2251x1639px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
729KB, 2251x1639px
How on earth did /v/ think people would drop this game?
>>
>>387130025
because /v/ is wrong about a lot of things
>>
>>387130025
because /v/ is out of touch with reality
>>
>>387130025
>devs are streamers' bitches that ban people for car honking and using mechanics (not exploits mind you) that are built in game
why people support this fucking garbage?
>>
It's DayZ without all the zombie survival bullshit and built for big fucking deathmatch, pretty obvious why it's popular, also currently still has development so that helps I guess.

Fuck streamers though, no sane human thinks they can act like a retarded cunt on camera and not expect to be fucked with. Captcha is a nigger too fucking typed the right shit in a billion times still TRY AGAIN TRY AGAIN TRY AGAIN TRY AGAIN
>>
>>387130025
>latest DayZ clone

I don't expect it to yet.

Watch everyone move on when the next DayZ clone comes out.
>>
>>387131912
They are adding zombie mode though.
>>
>really like Pub Gee
>"it's just a Day Clone!!"
>Google up Day Z
>it's some zombie crafting thing

???
>>
>>387131945
If this is a DayZ clone then Sonic was a Super Mario clone.
>>
How did this garbage sold so well anyway? E-celeb promotion and wacky gameplay filled with memery?
>>
>>387132001
>haha let's implement the thing that other shitty game never got right
What are they thinking? Nobody watches this game to see dickheads with facecams shoot zombies.
>>
>>387131890
Because the gaming market has expanded and changed. Games are mainstream, and a mainstream audience behaves differently than an enthusiast audience.

People at large don't want something complicated or fast or even new - they want something simple and popular.

Shitty games do well by appealing to the mass market all the time. Look at any NRS fighter, any half-assed sports sim, any "cinematic" adventure.

The people that actually want games with depth and substance are a minority now, even here.
>>
>>387132113
Though it's easy to say it's just the current meme normalfag game, it's because open world survival games are now filling the place in the market once occupied by MMOs. There's many reasons for this, but the most important one being that they focus on social interactivity while current MMOs don't.
And with MOBAs slowly but surely losing ground in terms of mainstream appeal, people are looking for something to fill the void. Along comes PUBG.
>>
>>387132408
>open world survival games are now filling the place in the market once occupied by MMOs
open world surivial games are played by 12 year olds and MMOs are played by depressed adults who missed the real life train
>>
>>387130025
>1 in 4 people returned the game
To me this seems pretty bad
>>
>>387132494
MMOs with a lot of PvP content had a community all their own (many of them 12 year olds). These are the type of people who moved to PUBG, after getting tired of MOBAs.

The 'depressed adults' you're describing are the PvE players and modern MMOs are currently marketing themselves to them.
>>
File: bang.jpg (75KB, 659x540px) Image search: [Google]
bang.jpg
75KB, 659x540px
print screen this shit so we can laugh at this shill when the game loses popularity like they always do
>>
>>387132943
If it died overnight it would have already outlived all the games /v/ in general likes released thsi year
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.