[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dark Souls 1 isn't the greatest video game ever creat-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: DarkSoulsSIf.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsSIf.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
>Dark Souls 1 isn't the greatest video game ever creat-
>>
creat
plural -s
: an East Indian herb (Andrographis paniculata) having a juice that is a strong bitter tonic variously used in local medicine
>>
>>387128602
Shit combat, arguably worst-in-series.
>>387128051
>>387128243
>>
>>387129376
>>387129376
Isn't worth reading frankly if it's not worth typing/re-typing. I consider your post blank.
>>
>>387129896
Whatever it takes to make you feel good, but the arguments are valid. I can paste it, if you want your asshole officially blown out.
>>
>>387129896
Here you go then:
>Worst movesets in the series by a mile, huge downgrades from DeS. Estoc goes from having literally all good moves in both stances, having legit 4-unique hit combos, having risk-reward, to having literally zero good moves. Same could be said for quite a few other weapons (most notably DBS followed by kat). Only good weapons have either infinites or r1 frametrap mash.
>Poise rewards players for mistakes, and takes DeS's fundamentals of spacing, timing, move selection, and punishment and better rewards "just running up to shit and smashing r1" spreadsheet build shit.
>Enemies and bosses simplistic and feeble.
>BS the most broken it's ever been.
>Ranged and blocking turn the game into a joke as most enemies are helpless to one, or both.
>One of the slower games in the series.
>Some weapons have a retarded whiff animation (with the worst being halberd).
>Kick does nothing whereas in every other game it has a use.
>Weapons sharing a class have different attack speeds leading to a rift between good weapons like claymore that can r1 infinite and artorias swords that can't even 2-hit.
>Hit-stun increases with upgrade level, meaning you don't know how well a weapon will combo or frametrap until it's maxed, and since this information is hidden players will be railroaded into keeping the same weapon they've spent materials on already due to them inexplicably "working better."
>>
>>387130227
kick briefly stuns enemies and knocks them back
it also lets you breathe fire and use the worm attack
>>
>>387128602
How is anybody going to take you seriously if your attention span isn't even long enough to finish one sentence?
>>
>>387130301
Worm attack/flame is different, I'm talking about kick here.
It doesn't "stun" fuck all, it ignores poise and knocks them back, but that doesn't mean it does anything useful. It should have it least had a follow-up like Demon's Souls, so if you kicked someone, there would be reward. It doesn't even frametrap.
>>
>>387130504
you try killing spear hollows and balder knights without it
it's also extremely usefull in blight town to knock those pink fuckers off ledges
>>
>>387130587
I killed every enemy in the game without kicking once, and I tried to abuse kick due to how absurdly good DeS shove was.
When you said "well, it's pretty good in these two situations", it doesn't really argue against the universal use of blowing guards in DkS2/3 leading to huge reward and combo extensions it gives in DeS. It's so much worse it's practically absurd.
It's actually a strictly worse DeS Estoc pirouette, except that move can end combos, moves you backwards to jam BSes in PvP, and does damage. Wtf were they thinking?!
>>
>>387130227
git gud honestly
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.