[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stormcloaks or Imperials? The Imperials seem to be better in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9

File: skorim.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
skorim.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
Stormcloaks or Imperials?
The Imperials seem to be better in the long run but the Stormcloaks seem to be chief elf removers.
>>
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
>>
File: 1501775824651.jpg (27KB, 550x281px) Image search: [Google]
1501775824651.jpg
27KB, 550x281px
>>387128413
Both are shit.

If you're talking about the civil war quest line, go for whichever has the rewards that appeal best to you.
>>
File: blonde.png (384KB, 1112x3540px) Image search: [Google]
blonde.png
384KB, 1112x3540px
>>
Imperials are playing 4D chess whereas Stormcloaks are narrow minded and don't expect a massive elf invasion shortly after they seize power.
Also
>He doesn't think decapitating filthy thieves is the right thing to do
>>
I only play Argonians. Neither faction is of any use to the superior race. Unlike the Stormcloaks however, the Imperials know their place.
>>
Imperials are the good guys and are the best chance of prosperity for non-mer races, you cannot prove me wrong.
>>
hmm, do I
>fight to get rid of furniggers, mountain-niggers, swampniggers, ashniggers, treeniggers, and regular niggers
>get kick-ass furry coats
>reinstate unrestricted freedom of religion
>just launch endless waves of dragons at the failmeri dominion
or do I
>fight for a literal empire of cuckoldry
>under the command of a man who fucking lies to my face about the Helgen incident because we wouldn't dare tell the most powerful living man that he was gonna have him killed

gee it's a hard one OP
>>387128710
whoever this man is, I worship him now. let's see those filthy thalmor stop me
>>
>Le empire can fight le elves xxxDDD

With the Dragonborn on their side, the Stormcloaks could take on the elves alone.

Best canon is Stormcloak victory with nord dragonborn.
>>
>>387129173
All this stupid shit for
>reinstate unrestricted freedom of religion
When literally everyone tells you the Thalmor don't enforce that law and that everyone has a shrine hidden in some places.
>>
>>387129301
>hidden shrines

Fuck that. As I said, Stormcloaks with the Dragonborn on their side could easily destroy the Thalmor forever moreso than the shitty empire ever did.
>>
>>387128413

Neutral, so you don't have to play through that godawful civil war questline
>>
>>387129407
I remember when I was 12.
>>
>>387129407
It's cannon that the Dragonborn shortly after this whole shit fucked off to Akavir.
It's strongly possible that the Thalmor steamrolled Skyrim after that.
>>
>>387129267
that
>>387129301
>except for the missing shrines and talos priests being arrested if you side with the empire
man you got me with that one
>>
>Stormcloaks
>Literally ever

The Thalmor can and will easily steamroll Skyrim and the White Gold Shitstain or whatever the fuck was just an appeasement when other provinces fucked the Empire over while it was doing an actually okay job of removing mer.

Empire is the best chance to stop the elves.

>>387129549
>canon that the dragonborn went to akavir
why though
>>
>>387129952
>why though
Literally Dragon Land.
We don't really know, the Nerevarine also did it and presumably the hero of Kevatch too.
>>
It doesn't matter who you side with nothing changes.
>>
>>387128413
Stormcloaks if you're not a beta male reddit cuckfag.
>inb4 giving up power and land to the elves(jews,) somehow protects the nords
>>
File: we_know.png (18KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
we_know.png
18KB, 512x512px
>>387128413
>this shitty argument again
kill them all, especially fags who can't read between the lines of a book found in an embassy
>>
Daily reminder that Thalmor supports Stormcloak rebellion
>>
>>387129549
>cannon that the Dragonborn shortly after this whole shit fucked off to Akavir
source?
>>
File: 1501616751360.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1501616751360.png
227KB, 635x661px
I wish I could enjoy Elder Scrolls again.
>>
stormcloaks

>>387129301
>hiding your shrines in the cuckshed
>>
>>387128413
Stormcloaks are the objectively correct choice for both the Dragonborn and Skyrim.
>>
>Empire victory
>Skyrim is brought back in line as a province for the Empire
>The nords will be standing in the ranks of the Empire's forces when the dawn of the purge comes
>Possibility of the victory of men over elves increases

>Stormcloak victory
>Skyrim recedes and becomes an independent nation
>No longer bound by the white-gold concordat, the Ayleid empire moves in full force and annihilates the lone nords (and the few redguards that would be willing to die for a foreign land)
>Nords are wiped out/enslaved, and the Empire is that much weaker
>Possibility of the victory of men over elves drastically decreases

It's as simple as that.
>>
File: vlcsnap-5638201.png (319KB, 880x496px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-5638201.png
319KB, 880x496px
I can't support either side.

The only Empire worth saving was the Septim Dynasty. And it died when Martin died. Titus and his fake Empire are only it in name only.

The stormcloaks on the other hand are a bunch of slackjaw rural hillbillies who have no idea about politics.
>>
>>387130843
>Ayleid empire

Wow, I fucked that up something fierce. Altmer Dominion is what I meant to say.
>>
File: 1386778709514.png (30KB, 550x585px) Image search: [Google]
1386778709514.png
30KB, 550x585px
>>387128413
Niether because fighting either one serves pic related
>>
>>387130843
>men have zero chance against mer because these reasons
meanwhile in hammerfell...

also, this is the same universe that had the warp in the west, grow a pair, you can win.
>>
>>387130843
Dragonborn singlehandedly invaldates the entire possibility of Elven invasion, let alone the fact they got fucked up by a bunch of nigs.

Literally the only consideration in choosing Stormcloaks or Empire is to live free or oppressed.
>>
>>387130350
the hero of Kvatch became Sheogorath.
where is it said that the Dragonborn went to the Akavir?
>>
>>387128413
I guarantee the next game will be in Hammerfell and it will be about the war against the Thalmor
>>
>>387130951
>Citing Hammerfell as an example of how you can defend yourself alone
>When the Redguard are specifically special in the way that they have a god whose entire purpose is to win against insurmountable odds

They've been fighting against relatively small forces, as well. But if the Dominion tried a full scale assault, HoonDing would just pull the Redguard out of the fire because he's bullshit like that.

The point is that the nords do not have a HoonDing.
>>
>>387130512
spoonfeed pls
>>
>>387131020
The Dragonborn doesn't live forever, chucklenuts. In fact, unless the DB is an elf, he/she has a relatively short lifespan.

And we already know that he/she is the last one, so all the Dominion would need to do is to wait it out (or more likely, just fight fire with fire and use their big guns if the DB got dragonhappy)
>>
>>387128413

You want diversity ? Then fucking STORMCLOAKS. Is that so difficult to understand ?
>>
>>387131020
the Dragonborn like all the other heroes usually vanish after the events of their respective games
>>
Doesn't the Dominion also contain the majority of the combat capabilities of Valenwood and Elsweyr?
>>
>>387131178
yeah you always move the goalposts, thankfully i've done this dance more than onces and don't really give two shits about your opinion. so there are gods, there are deadra too, giant soul powered mechs, thats how talos won originally.

but no, its skyrim, the elves will win unless DOVAHKIN because reasons, fuck past battles and logic.

>>387131205
they released ulfric because the war at stalemate is beneficial to them. 1000 fags then decided "herp derp hes literally a spy".
>>
>>387131178
You literally played the creation of the Nords HoonDing.

The Dragonborn literally singlehandedly solves every problem in Skyrim from the day he arrives.

>>387131271
>DB doesn't live forever
>we literally encountered an immortal Dragonborn in the course of the Dragonborn DLC

Miraak is servant to one Daedric Lord and was granted immortality for his troubles. Dragonborn is champion to a fucking dozen Daedric Lords, powers himself on dragon souls, can become ethereal, etc. I mean if your argument is that the Dragonborn is only a temporary deterrent then it applies both ways since the Empire is as temporary or more so than the potentially immortal demi-God who can single-handedly obliterate the pointy eared Jews.
>>
>>387130950
How do we stop them?
>>
>>387131746
uhhhhh you can just throw dragons at them all day
>>
Stormcloaks win the war anyway. Its canon
>>
>>387131729
The question is, is the DB alone (with the nords) enough to take on the Dominion?

If the entirety of the unified Empire could only fight them to a "standstill" (because really, it was a matter of "sign or die"), what can a bunch of savages and a, admittedly powerful, hero do?

And if he really is that powerful, why would he ally himself with either faction instead of just taking the hurt to the Dominion as his own entity?
>>
>>387130951
Meanwhile in hammerfell they won the war the same way the empire did, with a treaty. Face it, they didn't drive them out, there are multiple sources that imply that the thalmor still have a presence there.
>>
>>387129267
>>387129407
>>387130843
>>387131020
>>387131729
Fucking skyrimbabbies, elder scrolls heroes never do anything after their games, they fuck off to another continent or realm.
>>
>>387131812
>Implying Paarthurnax will allow the LDB to recruit his people for war
>>
It'd be cool as hell if Hammerfell allied with Skyrim. Redguards are dope as hell.
>>
>>387131957
they didn't agree to the treaty

why do people bring up this non canon shit every time? its getting old.
>>
>>387132274
Thats not what I'm talking about, learn to read. After the empire signed the white gold concordat the dominion invaded hammerfell and then that war ended with the signing of the second treaty of stros m'kai, literally the exact the same thing the empire did.
>>
>>387132083
it's for a good cause I promise
>>
>>387132378
That treaty was written by the Redguards, though. Dominion was the accepting side.
>>
>>387131937
The answer is yes.

>can become virtually invulnerable by combining his mastery of enchanting, alchemy, and smithing
>can create infinitely powerful and potently enchanted weapons and armor the same way

This alone makes him an invincible killing machine. On top of that he can:
>summon a deadly lightning storm
>breath fire and frost, freeze enemies solid, send armies flying
>become ethereal to avoid battle and recover if needed
>he is a master of every style of combat
>master of blocking to negate almost all damage with a shield
>master of destructive spells
>master of conjuration, able to create familiars and Dremora Lords and etc
>master of illusion, allowing him to cause his enemies to fight eachother or join his side
>master of stealth, meaning that if he doesn't want to fight his enemy face to face he can legitimately sneak around, invisible, or even almost in plain sight, and just stab every single important Aldmeri in the back and there's absolutely nothing they can do
>alternatively, he is also a master of archery so he can just one-shot them all from a distance with one of his magical infinite power bows while they are unable to find or see him
>can slow down time
>can speed up his blows
>can bend enemies to his will

In addition, to back him up, he has:
>a guild full of werewolf warriors
>a vampire princess
>a guild full of vampire hunting warriors
>a guild of thieves
>a guild of assassins
>heavenly, legendary warriors he can call from Sovngarde
>a spectral assassin
>a number of powerful and legendary dragons he can shout to his aid including one that's a fucking ghost undead dragon
>can fly around on any of said dragons dragon casting spells from far out of reach

The only question is how long would it take for the Dragonborn to get bored of wading through the Aldmeri ranks killing everyone before he started fucking around with them terrorizing their leaders by killing them in their sleep, or calling in various back up crews to do shit.
>>
>>387129549
>strongly possible that the Thalmor steamrolled Skyrim after that

They couldn't do it to Hammerfell and they wouldn't be able to do it with Skyrim. The imperials couldn't do it without help and they were right next to Skyrim. What makes you think the thalmor could do it while also fighting Hammerfell at the same time?

A Stormcloak victory puts the screws against the dominion on two fronts. It wouldn't be long before the Imperials said "fuck it" and joined the other 2 regions.
>>
>>387132509
Literal fanfiction, nothing implies that, I'd like to see you try and prove me wrong with a source though.
>>
>>387131271
Waiting is more good for the humans than the elves. Humans can repopulate much quicker.
>>
>>387132378
>literally every thread arguing the ulfric book and the hammerfell shit thanks to others comprehension
>learn to read
kek, im done, kill whoever, join whoever, I couldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>387131178
The redguards had an AWOL imperial legion helping them too, you know.
>>
>>387132723
You were talking about the white gold concordat when I didn't even mention that, I was talking about the second treaty of stros m'kai and you started telling me I was wrong because you misinterpreted my comment. Other threads have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>387132575
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Hammerfell

>Titus II was forced to officially renounce Hammerfell as an Imperial province to preserve the peace, and fighting between the Aldmeri and Redguards continued. In 4E 180, the exhausted Dominion agreed to the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai and finally withdrew from the region, leaving Hammerfell an independent albeit devastated nation.
>>
>>387132518
Why are you acting like the potential he has in gameplay is indicative of his actual power?
>>
>>387132892
Bullshit. There's an NPC in the game who says the battle in Hammerfell is ongoing. He's the guy who asks you to find that cute redguard bartender in whiterun. So that wiki page is not canon.
>>
>>387132976
The games are canon.
>>
>>387132892
>Sources wiki
Are you fucking retarded, in game sources only like books or npcs. I'll give you some sources, Kematu says that he is part of an active thalmor resistance group in Hammerfell, why would that be needed if they already left. Saadia (yes I am aware she is probably lying) said she fled hammerfell because the thalmor were there, if she was trying to make a believable lie than she wouldn't say something so incompatible with what we know, implying that hammerfell does still have some thalmor presence as part of the treaty (which we don't know the terms or who it favoured, all we know is that it was signed, its form the great war book).
>>
>>387133027
not that guy but that whole quest is full of lore inconsistencies like it gets the date of the great war wrong
>>
>>387132976
Because the potential he has in the games is indicative of his actual power since the canon of the universe is primarily based around the games.

These are the capabilities, properties, and allies of the Dragonborn as we know right now in the latest canon installment of the universe.
>>
>>387133161
What is the counter evidence that makes it an inconsistency.
>>
>>387133161
we are dealing with Bethesda here
>>
>>387128686
But both rewards are the same. Disappointment.
>>
>>387132802
>blah blah blah blah
I only mentioned hammerfell.
>the exhausted Dominion agreed to the Second Treaty of Stros M'Kai and finally withdrew from the region, leaving Hammerfell an independent albeit devastated nation.
my point was humans can win, you missed it, and now i'm going to do something productive instead of, this shit.
>>
>>387133201
He could but he won't because we know that the protagonists always disappear after their games, the nerevarine wasn't there to protect morrowind when baar dau hit it and red mountain erupted and it was invaded by argonians, and the hero of kvatch wasn't there when cyrodiil fell apart, because heroes disappear, thats their nature.
>>
>>387133282
>they didn't agree to the treaty
When you said that what part of my comment were you referring to and what treaty?
>>
>>387133292
>source: your anus

All we know at this point is Dragonborn could solo the entire Aldmeri Dominion while cockslapping their long faces, and that choosing Stormcloaks is objectively the correct choice for the Dragonborn and for Skyrim.
>>
>>387131319
>diversity
>stormcloaks

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>387133292
You may be right about them disappearing. But isn't that an extremely meta reason?
>>
>>387133447
I think he meant that Skyrim belongs to the Nords.
>>
>>387128413
the stormcloaks aren't even people, they're things you kill. i use them and the thalmor for target practice and take their women as fuck piggies.
>>
>>387133436
The source is every other elder scrolls game, this isn't even a lore thing, bethesda doesn't want to take control of your characters for you, what if someone wants their character to retire after skyrim and live a quite life, by not implementing the character into the lore they won't conflict with peoples headcanon, so the dragonborn won't take down the aldmeri dominion because thats not how they handle elder scrolls characters.

>>387133459
It is a meta reason but it is true, so the dragonborn shouldn't even be considered.
>>
>>387128413
https://strawpoll.com/hh4srpf7
here is a poll
>>
>>387133530
I do this with any faction
>>
>Hey, we were forced by the elf niggers to stop the worship of a deity, please understand that once we'll get a better foothold we will enter the war against these shits and allow the worship of Talos aga-
>MUH SKYRIM
>I know it is bad for the worship of Talos to be banned, especially for you guys, but-
>SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
>FUCK THE IMPERIALS
>Guys, there are dragons, shouldn't we make a ceasefi-
>SKYYYYYYYYYYRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>387132976
In cannon he scales to Miraak who shouted Solsthiem away from Morrowind if I remember correctly.
So he's a nuke in human form.
>>
>>387133581
Nope, you're not working with canon. If you're not even going to care what is canon then you're not even making an argument you might as well just be spouting fanficiton.

If you're just going to say, "Ah but in the NEXT installment we'll see that [thing that's convenient for me] is true" and if you want to do that then I can say the same thing and in the next installment there'll be a book that says, "The Dragonborn singlehandedly shitraped the entire elven horde up the dickhole before returning to his home planet". I don't really care about us spewing fanfic headcanon at eachother I only look at what's canon right now as of the most recent installment in the series.
>>
>>387130950
>Niether because fighting either one serves pic related
But if you end the war it doesn't serve the Thalm-
Wait, who's behind this post ?!
>>
>>387133752
Well I'm sorry that you haven't played the other elder scrolls games, you probably should. They have already set up a future for the dragonborn, as hermarus moras slave.
>>
>>387133669
i too like being a murderhobo but i still need people to mooch off of and/or rule over, for when the mood strikes me. i tend to be a creature of whims in these open world games, doing whatever comes to mind first regardless of the circumstances. it's fun. lets me feel like i have power and control, two things i don't have much of in my life. a great escape.
>>
>>387133845
Do you really believe that? You spend the whole DLC defying him and that funny dark elf proffessor says you show no signs of being under his control.
>>
>>387130905
>Ayleid Empire
It's literally impossible in lore since he's dead, but Umaril leading a massive elven army against mankind sounds pretty dope desu
>>
>>387133094
>>387133201
The game allows you to pursue any kind of avenue and eventually master them all, but it does not necessarily mean that the canon DB would be a god of every possible field, nor in good standing with all of the factions.

The game giving you options does not mean that the canon character would have (and would pursue) those options.
>>
>>387133852
So what you're saying is that you've never attacked the NCR in NV.
>>
>>387134263
And having Pelinal destroy them single handedly sounds even doper.
>>
>>387134307
on the contrary, i've sided with yes man and mr. house in several of my playthroughs of that game and was attacked by the ncr because of it. only person i won't side with is caesar and that's because of the same shit with why i refuse to side with ulfric. he's an asshole and would likely destroy the things and people i love just to fulfill his agenda, so instead i use him when it's convenient and then discard him like the trash he is.
>>
>>387133845
Well I'm sorry that you haven't played the other elder scrolls games, you probably should. They have set up a canon that you need to learn if you want people to take you seriously.
>>
>>387129549
>It's cannon that the Dragonborn shortly after this whole shit fucked off to Akavir.
It's not. From whose asshole did you pull that from?
>>
>>387131729
Could you say LITERALLY literally any more times in a single post you fresh off the boat cocksucker?
>>
>>387131271
>In fact, unless the DB is an elf, he/she has a relatively short lifespan.
Or a vampire.
>>
>>387135649
That brings its own compilations.
>>
>>387135649
or a wizard
>>
>Elf removers
They are puppets of the Altmer
>>
>>387128413
Daily reminder to report your local thalmor for immediate helicopter removap
>>
I wonder where the next game will be set. What the story will be about. I wonder if the thalmor plot will be wrapped up, or if they'll save it for another game and we'll all be over 40 by the time we find out what happens.
>>
File: 1484872830463.jpg (105KB, 375x311px) Image search: [Google]
1484872830463.jpg
105KB, 375x311px
I need some comfy race/build ideas
I feel like I've done everything
>>
>>387135765
Just avoid the sun and the grumpy paladins you dummy. And keep a low profile when the rape god gets horny.
>>
>>387136671
Have you tried a stealth archer that excels at smithing and enchanting?
>>
>>387136671
Get racemod "Imperial Races" and play a Bosmer vampire who's following of the Green Pact or whatever has gotten out of control.

Mod means you gain a portion of your eaten victim's attributes and thus your quest is to eat the most powerful people you can find.

Eat them all.
>>
>>387136960
I like this
>>
>>387136960
So you basically become a Kroot Carnivore?
>>
>>387137812
>>387137578
I believe they way Bosmer work is that you get a minor increase to your HP/MP/Stamina based on that of the target you eat.
There is also a worked in system involving the taming of beasts.

But it works mechanically to just systematically hunt and devour powerful people as they will give you the best bonuses.
>>
>>387136960
>Imperial Races
Imperious*
>>
>>387128884
Imperials are huge cuckolds who let enemy troops patrol their territory and persecute their citizens while waiting for a "right time" that'll never come

Stormcloaks are alpha Nords who attack Thalmors on sight and will repel any hypothetic shitty elven invasion with the one-man-army Dragonborn on theor side
>>
>>387133691
>Hey, we were forced by the elf niggers to stop the worship of a deity, please understand that once we'll get a better foothold we will enter the war against these shits and allow the worship of Talos aga-

More like

>Hey, we lost a war and now the enemy is literally occupying our lands and enforcing its law
>Join our army to help us collaborators to kill these rebels who don't like the occupiers
>Once we are strong, we will totally rebel against the occupiers too....I swer!!!
>>
Pff
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.