[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what a monumental fuck-up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

what a monumental fuck-up
>>
>>387127738
Never heard of it, so I guess that's true.
>>
>>387127738
>kikestarter 2 years late
>sold out to some trash vaporware dev
>they are starting from scratch
>owner says hes a gamer at heart

doomed to fail
>>
>>387127789

>Kickstarter for a new TRPG by Yasumi Matsuno
>people get hype because Matsuno is based as fuck
>early development seems promising
>turns out Matsuno isn't involved in the actual development, he just penned down the concept and story
>fans are confused, but mostly give the benefit of the doubt as long as the concept is executed well
>development slows down over time, fans are getting restless
>devs keep talking about wanting to make a cool PvP game
>the original pitch was for a singleplayer game with no mention of multiplayer at all
>fans start to get pissed
>alpha gameplay footage is released and looks embarrassingly bad
>even basic gameplay features like character movement looks completely different from the original pitch
>fans are really getting mad now
>devs start posting less and less updates
>after a while, every update is just old concept art with some meaningless info
>most of the fans have given up entirely, those that remain are either demanding to know what's really going on or are asking for refunds
>dev posts about how they've put the Kickstarter game on hold and are making a new game to "prove to investors that they're capable of finishing a project"
>the few remaining fans go absolutely nuclear
>a couple more meaningless updates
>suddenly, a big announcement
>they sold the Kickstarter game to a shovelware dev who's mostly known for making Barbie games
>the new dev has no resources at all and has to start completely from scratch

AKA why nobody should trust Kickstarter and those that still do are literally retarded.
>>
>>387128253
And let's not forget that they advertised a soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakimoto, and it turns out that Sakimoto never made any music for the game at all due to "a problem with the contract." And that they kept this info under wraps for years until after the new dev took over and wasn't given any assets to work with.

Playdek is just one big scam.
>>
>>387128253
Like I said. Never heard of it. I don't just gollow each developer and check if they ate making a game. I wait till the game is done, released, then I check the footage if the game might be good.
Download a demo if there's one, if not pirate. If good demo/game, buy the game
>>
>>387128491
Fucking hell, follow, not gollow
>>
>>387128491
I followed it because of the names involved. Watching this clusterfuck unfold was a pretty wild ride.
>>
>>387128253
>dev posts about how they've put the Kickstarter game on hold and are making a new game to "prove to investors that they're capable of finishing a project"

uh

what
>>
>>387128637
That was pretty much the fan reaction as well.
>>
>>387127738
>weebshit
Not even once. Glad this trash suicide bombed.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232KB, 1280x720px
My 2 cents is dont trust former big company Japanese developers on kickstarter.

Name one New (not translated or ported but new and original) Japanese game that actually came out or was no shit on kickstarter.

I was kinda sad about pick related not getting funded but now i kinda dont regret it because judging by Japanese developer track record it would have been shit or not released.
>>
>>387128551
Let that be a lesson, don't just fanboy it out due to names involved, just wait until the game is out and check it out then
>>
File: 1480979456762.jpg (264KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480979456762.jpg
264KB, 1024x576px
TICK TOCK KOJI TICK TOCK
>>
>>387128491
I did this with Fight Knight. Enjoyed the demo a lot, so I backed the game. It stated clearly that there will be no stretch goals just the game they promised to make.
>>
>>387128637
Apparently the new game would have been a short project to bring in some quick cash and new investors.
>>
>>387128253
I dunno really. I remember hearing about it and upon doing a tiny bit of googling finding out that Matsuno basically has jackshit to do with it and it looking like his name was just slapped there for attention and immediately forgetting about that shit even existing.
Can't really see anything "monumental" in this garbage. It was poorly hyped, barely advertised, no one i know who likes Matsuno's stuff or FF's even cared about that shit.
Seriously, whatever
>>
>>387128491
>enters thread
>"never head of it"
everyone cares
>>
>>387128713
>unsung story
>weebshit
if only you knew
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.