[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demon's Souls is overrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: UfJGt6l.jpg (118KB, 520x598px) Image search: [Google]
UfJGt6l.jpg
118KB, 520x598px
Demon's Souls is overrated
>>
BB > DS1 > DS3 > DeS > DS2
>>
>>387126726
Demon's Souls is the 2nd best game in the series.
>>
>>387126770
Wrong

DS1>DeS>BB>DS3>DS2
>>
File: 654654654.png (18KB, 445x199px) Image search: [Google]
654654654.png
18KB, 445x199px
thanks for the beta test :^)
>>
>>387126771
Good morning Sony shill. Aren't you up early?
>>
The shit I took this morning>>>>>>>>everything Miyazaki ever made
>>
Nah, it's actually very good. bloodborne=des=das1
>>
>>387126726
Name a game released since that isn't.
>>
>>387126839
Ironic considering the PS3 still has online. The emulator you're playing does not. You're going to miss out on one of the most unique bosses in the series because of it, that being Old Monk.
>>
>>387126819
DS1 has the worst combat in the series aside from DkS2, and even then you could debate which is the worse.
>>387126726
It has unmatched atmosphere until BB came out, and it has the best weapon in the series by a mile (DeS Estoc). It was also adventurous as hell, which is staggering that all the other games were so safe in comparison.
>>
>>387126839
>Dead even if they made an indexing server.
>No PvE.
>No PvP.
>No messages.
>No bloodstains.
>No apparitions.
>No shifting World Tendency.
>No Pure Black or Pure White holiday events.
>No OLD FUCKING MONK.
>Beta testing.
kk..
>>
File: GF vs Treb.jpg (84KB, 960x593px) Image search: [Google]
GF vs Treb.jpg
84KB, 960x593px
>>387126770
muh nigger
>>
>>387127497
>DS1 has the worst combat

how
>>
>>387127751
Sure.
>Worst movesets in the series by a mile, huge downgrades from DeS. Estoc goes from having literally all good moves in both stances, having legit 4-unique hit combos, having risk-reward, to having literally zero good moves. Same could be said for quite a few other weapons (most notably DBS followed by kat). Only good weapons have either infinites or r1 frametrap mash.
>Poise rewards players for mistakes, and takes DeS's fundamentals of spacing, timing, move selection, and punishment and better rewards "just running up to shit and smashing r1" spreadsheet build shit.
>Enemies and bosses simplistic and feeble.
>BS the most broken it's ever been.
>Ranged and blocking turn the game into a joke as most enemies are helpless to one, or both.
>One of the slower games in the series.
>>
>>387127751
>>387128051
Forgot a couple, sorry, at the gym:
>Some weapons have a retarded whiff animation (with the worst being halberd).
>Kick does nothing whereas in every other game it has a use.
>Weapons sharing a class have different attack speeds leading to a rift between good weapons like claymore that can r1 infinite and artorias swords that can't even 2-hit.
>Hit-stun increases with upgrade level, meaning you don't know how well a weapon will combo or frametrap until it's maxed, and since this information is hidden players will be railroaded into keeping the same weapon they've spent materials on already due to them inexplicably "working better."
>>
>>387126726
Nah.
>>
>>387126770
>>387126819

What?

DS2>BB>DS1>DS3>Des
>>
>>387126726
ur mom is overrated.
>>
>>387126726
>Demon's Souls is overrated
Still better than any Dark Souls
>>
File: Kpkt8og.jpg (16KB, 378x387px) Image search: [Google]
Kpkt8og.jpg
16KB, 378x387px
>>387127650
>No PvE
might want to brush up on your terminology

>Dead even if they made an indexing server.
>No PvP.
>No messages.
>No bloodstains.
>No apparitions.
handholding garbage

>No shifting World Tendency.
nobody wants that garbage anyway

>No Pure Black or Pure White holiday events.
aka easy mode tendency

>No OLD FUCKING MONK.
oh no, another irrenevant PvP fight missed, such horror

Cry more, beta tester.
>>
File: 1480718175431.gif (906KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480718175431.gif
906KB, 450x360px
>>387126839
>hi, I'm a PC cuck and I can finally play your game 9 years later without any online feature
>>
That one was original the rest are rehashes
>>
>>387131038
>Monk, irrelevant.
Kek.
>Nobody wants shifting WT.
You're retarded. This is a good feature for getting items that are tied to WT.
>Pure Black WT is ez.
kek.
>Handholding garbage (PvP)
Aka features... You want less features.

Anyways, enjoy your mutilated experience anon.
>>
Demon's Souls is the only good game in the series
>>
>>387131810
Bloodborne is better in basically every metric outside of innovation.
>>
>>387131862
Everyone's experience with BB that people gush about on here I had seven years ago with DeS
Playing BB or even the Dark Souls games for that matter feels boring because I've been through it all before. No boss has been greater than the first time you fight Flamelurker, and so many bosses from later games aren't just rehashes of DeS bosses, they are straight up copies like the gargoyles
>>
>>387126726
Isn't demons souls under rated though?
Most souls fags didn't really play it,or hear of it until dark souls was out
bb and des being "over rated" is just people trying to piss off pcbros
>>
>>387128051
>>387128243
Not who you replied to, but these are actually pretty decent points, but I highly disagree on kick. You aren't getting a guard break off of kick, but there's all kinds of subtle shit you can do with it.

Movesets is also a weapon to weapon thing. Dark 1 Claymore is GOAT.
>>
>>387132228
Dark Souls claymore is literally the only weapon class that improved from DeS, and it's still worse than estoc in terms of depth. I could go through why, but it would take a while... Needless to say claymore is just "hit-confirm-into-infinite" the weapon, but iy least it had usable moves. Clay is actually just a downgraded Estoc for the most part with less utility, and a much better risk-reward.
>>387131979
That's literally evaluating the games based on nostalgia.
BB, even having 3 entries before it, still had some awestriking moments, including being first grabbed by Amygdala, finding the 2nd Workshop, finding Isofeka's clinic, going through thr clocktower into the hamlet, and a few other moments were amazing and not really replicated in the earlier games.
>>
>>387126726
For that, I'm going to drain all your levels
>>
>>387126770
DeS > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2 > Lords of the Fallen > The Surge > BB
>>
>>387126770

fpbp
>>
>>387127371
For the past 5 years I've only gotten a non-NPC Old Monk fight ONCE and that fucker was afking so it wasn't too fun
>>
File: baiting.jpg (40KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
baiting.jpg
40KB, 349x642px
>>387127650
>>
Some /v/irgin dude & I played the game through pure black tendency. I'd say it was good times but being one shotted is actually pretty lame.
>>
File: bloodborne.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
i havent played Dark Souls 3 yet but Bloodborne is easily the best in the series, while Demons Souls is the 2nd best.
Bloodborne has
>best bosses
>best style
>they actually made parrying fun and rewarding
>best gameplay
>cant abuse backstabs

Demons souls is great because i just like the level structure a lot, the way you start the level at a bonfire and then explore everything ahead of you without another bonfire up until the boss is great. and the bosses are very memorable, gameplay is okay.
>>
>>387126726

Demon's Souls is an easy game parts of which you are forced to play over and over again in order to have a false sense of accomplishment.
>>
>>387126726
In terms of how it's talked about on /v/, I agree.
It gets way too much hype here for effectively being a Dark Souls beta.
>>
>>387138272
>Dark Souls beta

It absolutely isn't the fucking Dark Souls beta. It was it's own thing that had it's own community and succeeded on it's own merits. Just because people didn't take notice of it on release and Dark Souls made a few refinements doesn't make it some throwaway game. There's multiple it did that are still the best across all of the games.

People who started with Dark Souls 2 or 3 were a mistake and I want them out of the community.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.