[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help /v/. I'm getting a new monitor for my birthday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 8976987698769789.jpg (134KB, 940x620px) Image search: [Google]
8976987698769789.jpg
134KB, 940x620px
I need some help /v/. I'm getting a new monitor for my birthday tomorrow and I was considering pic related, the LG Ultrawide 25". I don't much care that it has a 5ms response time because I don't play games competitively and I've heard watching movies on these screens is the shit, since I'm big into movies.

So what do you think?
>>
>/v/ - movies
>>
If you're mainly concerned about movies, why not buy a big TV, and a small, high refresh rate monitor for your PC?
>>
if you run games at over 60fps you will not regret getting a 144hz monitor or something with free/g-sync
>>
Ask /g/
>>
Are you just looking for a display to watch movies on? What resolution are you looking for? What are your PC's specs?
>>
File: 2435432525345432.png (21KB, 474x432px) Image search: [Google]
2435432525345432.png
21KB, 474x432px
>>387126457
These are my specs. As you can tell my pc is midrange at best so money for me is a bit tight.
>>
I'll give you some input as an owner of a 21:9 3440x1440 monitor. I'd say roughly 30% of modern titles support 21:9 natively. You WILL have to edit ini files, download fixes, use flawless widescreen (3rd party software) to get all the benefits of it. There's a chrome extension which stretches youtube/hulu/netflix etc to 21:9, otherwise you'll have black bars on the sides of your videos. Some movies you find online will be shot in 21:9 but have the letterboxing baked into the video itself, so you not only end up with letterbox but pillarbox as well.

I still never plan to go back to 16:9. 21:9 is the shit for productivity, gaming, and movies. Just know you have to work for it, or wait for the industry to hopefully catch up to this growing niche.
>>
Don't get ultrawide. Invest in a solid 144hz 1440p monitor instead. Way more compatibility.
>>
>>387126646
Listen to >>387126662 regarding ultrawide. If you're thinking about grabbing a 144hz monitor, grab one at 1080p. An rx480 won't achieve 144fps at 1440p.
>>
>>387126646
>>387126681
He won't be pushing 144fps at 1440p with that PC. Especially if money's tight.
>>
>>387126135
If it's for media consumption, buy a fuck huge fHD or 4k tv, the bigger the better, and I'm assuming you already have a monitor, so use that for actual work or productive shit along with the tv for comfy viewing and maximum productivity.
>>
>>387126135
>5ms response time because I don't play games competitively
I don't know if the new LG ultrawides are like it, but my old 29" LG ultrawide would sometimes get really noticeable ghosting on some games. Had to set it to low response timing in the settings to combat it.

Other than that LG ultrawides are pretty baller. Got mine for about $400 around 3-4 years ago, overclocked the refresh to 75 hz and haven't really looked back or felt the need to upgrade. Colours are fantastic.

Also personally I wouldn't get a 25" ultrawide, 28"-34" is the sweet spot for monitors imo.
>>
Good feedback, thanks guys
>>
> 25
> 1080p 21:9
Just stop, 25 ultrawide is wayy to small. To put things into perspective a 25" ultrawide has the same height as a 20" 16:9.
The best size for that monitor is 29". I have the LG29UM68-P (which is the model after the one you posted) and it works amazingly, good entry point to utrawide.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.