[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doesn't matter how much /v/ is screaming this will be GOTY.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 44

Doesn't matter how much /v/ is screaming this will be GOTY.
>>
>>387125396
It's the only game I've pirated this year.
>>
>>387125396
well as long as autist like you OP, keep screaming that'll be GOTY trying to keep it relevant i guess it will be
>>
Come to think of it, there hasn't been that many notable releases this year. What's coming out by the end of the year?
>>
>>387126096
Horizon Zero Dawn
Crash Bandicoot
some other weeb trash on ps4 that i cant think of
and Im pretty sure xbox has to have something...surely...right?

Also let's not forget Mario Odyssey
>>
I don't care much about any sort of GOTY award. Just feels like another meaningless award that they can slap on the box to generate more hype for a sequel or rerelease.
That being said, I do find impressive strength in the concept of Breath of the Wild. That unchallenged nonlinearity of the open world, those many systems working with each other, that courage to reinvent the Zelda formula... yeah, I'm really digging it and I think it's safe to say that despite a couple of flaws and unfortunately even problems, BotW has quickly become one of my favourite games.
>>
File: ameebers.png (210KB, 1900x1616px) Image search: [Google]
ameebers.png
210KB, 1900x1616px
>>387125930
It's okay, I will have spent like $2k on BotW and BotW related products by the end of the year probably.
>>
>>387126326
I plan to buy a Switch, but not before it gets more titles and a pricedrop.
The whole PS4 Pro & Scorpio make me wary of buying a new console too soon.
That said I like the concept a lot and Zelda is really fun.
>>
Zelda was okay. Mario will be my go to.
>>
>>387126451
it took you until this half breed generation to realize not to buy consoles year 1?

What about the PS3/Wii?
The ps3 launch was awful but became amazing at the end of it's life
The Wii was quickly losing support from fans and the fucking company itself for the WiiU.
and then the WiiU was fucking dropped.

and dont get me started on that train wreck called Xbox One
>>
>>387125396
This year battle is gonna be Mario vs Zelda. And I know who will be the winners, us.
>>
>>387126650
>it took you until this half breed generation to realize not to buy consoles year 1?
My first console was a PS3 I bought in 2014.
Bought my Pro last year.
>>
>>387125396
Great game, I liked Splatoon and RE7 better.
>>
>>387126326
omg anon do you even have a live?
>>
File: systs.jpg (93KB, 913x457px) Image search: [Google]
systs.jpg
93KB, 913x457px
>>387126650
So edgy, dude :)
>>
>>387127532
no (´・ω・`)
>>
File: xenoblade 2 - fuckable tree.webm (3MB, 828x464px) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade 2 - fuckable tree.webm
3MB, 828x464px
>>387126227
Funny thing is Xenoblade 2 will be way, way, way... God, way better than all those games, even Zelda, for its soundtrack alone, but no one will give a shit.
>>
>>387125396
>implying odyssey won't sweep the GOTY awards
>>
Is it worth playing on cemu yet? Or is it so slow and unstable?
>>
>>387127689
if XB2 gives me the same [f e e l s] as the first game, it will be GOTY
>>
>>387125396
NOOOOOOOOOOO

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING GUYS!!!!

THIS ISN'T FAIR!!!
>>
>>387127689
The world and sountrack are god tier but the story and character design...that doesn't look so good. The first Xeno don't have a very good story, but the pacing and characters makes you want to go trought it and has some memorables moments (the battle when you first met Zanza is hype AF).
>>
>>387128482
What do you know about XC2's story that doesn't look good?
>>
>>387128482
The story looks great judging by the obvious Greek influences. A nice coming of age story with some romance can be great

Someone post that shit
>>
>>387126227
This is the mind of a Nintendildo.

>>387126096
NieR Automata is most likely to win GotY given the overall impact and buzz it had.
>>
>>387129172
>Nier
>impact
>buzz
I mean I hear more talk about Zelda's ass than 2B's
>>
Gladly. GOTY this year is gonna be a three way race between Zelda, Mario and Horizon, and by that I mean Zelda and Mario will win the most while Horizon will win the playstation websites awards.
>>
>>387129172

You're pretty fucking delusional if you think Nier Automata had more impact and buzz than BotW.
I don't even like BotW, but it most certainly will be GOTY for most reviewers.
>>
>>387129227
Because you only browse Nintendo boards. Everywhere else, NieR has been the underrated favorite. Ergo, the sort of shit critics just eat up. Just the other day, it was being praised as the game that saved Platinum Games.

Zelda is already having critics turn on it, and jump on the, "it's overrated" bandwagon. Reminder that TP, SS, and all the other Zeldas that got massive hype on launch, also never won GotY.

Maybe if this was a slow year, Zelda could have taken it, but its been the busiest year in a long fucking time. Mario on the other hand has a better chance of winning, but it's all a matter of it can wow people as much as Galaxy did, which, personally I have doubts, and we honestly can't judge till it comes out and people play it.
>>
>>387129478
BotW only got hype and praise at launch. Now it's having tons of negative pushback, and people saying it's overrated.
>>
>>387129489
Actually I hear far more buzz about zelda even on neogaf, and many critics are STILL praising it
>>
>>387129172
Nier Tomato isn't winning GoTY by any stretch of the margin, if anything, it'll be a race between Horizon, Odyssey, and BoTW. Tomato will be lucky to win an award for music.
>>387129560
You don't get off /v/ much do you?
>>
File: 1501105970240.jpg (15KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
1501105970240.jpg
15KB, 502x502px
>>387129172
>NieR Automata is most likely to win GotY
>>
>>387129560
>tons of
Source, anyway,
Actually there is a pushback for everything released this year, including Nier. Although Nier has less of a pushback as it is less popular and its negative news gets less coverage. We shall see at the end of the year though
>>
>>387129560
Because nobody with half a brain would ever call it best game ever and say it deserves 97 on Metacritic.
>>
>>387129736
Critics don't usually have a full brain but yet they decide GOTYs so jokes on you

>>387129489
By your logic The Last guardian should have won last year
>>
File: WolfensteinII_.jpg (512KB, 1200x1476px) Image search: [Google]
WolfensteinII_.jpg
512KB, 1200x1476px
>>387125396
incorrect, here's your goty but it will not be because of how bad or good it might be.
>>
Either Horizon zero dawn or the new mario game will win GOTY

real talk is who gives a shit about GOTY awards
>>
>>387125396
I honestly could not give less of a fuck of what journalists think "GOTY" is. Just like I could not give less of a fuck about Metacritic. It's all retarded cancer. Think for yourself you fucking drone.
>>
>>387129818
Horizon's not gonna win over Zelda, sorry.
>>
>>387129818
Real talk, why would horizon win over zelda? If anything the new uncharted would win due to SJW brownie points
>>387129873
Why did you reply to this thread though
>>
>>387129925
Because I slightly give a fuck that /v/ has been invaded by retards that suddenly care about what the press thinks. Seriously, /v/ used to laugh at Metacritic, now it's unironically used as a measure of quality. It's absolutely disgusting.
>>
>be kid
>all nintendo games had vibrant beautiful colors
>be now
>all nintendo games look washed out as fuck-
why
>>
>>387130003
Mario Odyssey doesn't look washed out at all, BotW only does since it's the style (based on impressionist art, ghibli films, and "en plein air" paintings) - all of which use soft pastel colors.
>>
File: 1425035286867.png (766KB, 939x729px) Image search: [Google]
1425035286867.png
766KB, 939x729px
I happen to know that this is the year when quite a few gaming sites and affiliations will begin their anti-Nintendo initiative in full swing. Zelda will lose RPG/Action awards to Shadow of War, Persona 5 and Horizon. Mario Odyssey will lose out to Sonic Mania, I even know a place that'll hand it to the Rayman Legends port. GOTY will be Horizon for the most part.

Next year is when the Switch momentum will be dismantled with articles about how it's slowing down, selling worse than the Xbone, no good huge immediate titles, etc. This will be combined with retrospective thoughts on how Odyssey/BoTW were ultimately disappointments.
>>
File: 1499778820343.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499778820343.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>387129631
You've got Joseph Anderson, Destructoid, and ofc Jim Sterling, among others, who have dedicated time to dissect everything wrong with the game, while providing clear examples. And this has started to shift the general opinion, especially in light of the manic obsession from fanboys.

I'm sure we'll see more big names jump on that bandwagon before year's end.
>>
>>387129818
Nintendo fans, cause they REALLY REALLY REALLY want Zelda to win so they can shitpost about it on /v/.

Everyone else has already picked their favorites for the year. The general consensus is that NieR Automata is GotY thus far.
>>
>>387127689
>way, way, way... God, way

whoa, these are... Nintendorks
>>
>>387130175
>And this has started to shift the general opinion,
No it hasn't.
This is just sites going for the typical reaction/outrage clicks
>>
>>387130175
>Joseph Anderson
he said he actually still loved the game in that same vid.
>>
File: 1421724195735.jpg (51KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421724195735.jpg
51KB, 240x240px
>>387130247

>The general consensus is that NieR Automata is GotY thus far
>>
>>387130175
Joseph anderson literally just said BOTW is a strong contender for his top 20 favourite games of all time while saying it has the best exploration of the gams he played, Destructoid gave the game a 10, and jim still said it was a good game with his review scale being the right one. You also managed to list a grand total of 3 people, 1 of which already made up his mind months ago. There is no such bandwagon to speak of

But oh, you're that spammer who is desperate for more people to hate a game for some reason
>>
>>387129873
This. The only thing that's nice is when we get a re-released GOTY edition.
>>
>>387130247
if you're a shiteating weeaboo yeah, nier can be your GOTY

anyone with taste picks a much better game
>>
File: 1502496320429.jpg (31KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1502496320429.jpg
31KB, 403x403px
>>387125396
Remember when SS got 10/10 from mainstream reviewers? Nintendo Bonus is real and I can see BOTW getting the GOTY title for that reason. Mainline Zelda and Mario games will always get this treatment, no matter how mediocre they are.
>>
>>387130247
What the fuck dude, that's not the general consensus at all. It's actually PUBG

>>387130128
My dad too works at Nintendo
>>
File: speccy_new.png (38KB, 660x525px) Image search: [Google]
speccy_new.png
38KB, 660x525px
>>387127776
Runs pretty well at 4k with speedhack.
>>
>>387130175
The destructoid article was pure shite. No clear examples at all, it might as well be a shitpost you see on /v/. Joseph's video is good while Jim sterling's review was shite.

Besides I really don't see a shift anywhere. People who like it still do, people who like it still don't. Like how you still keep spamming this webm
>>
>>387130247
actually battlegrounds is the general consensus
>>
>>387130254
>>387130283
>>387130318
I never said it was a bad game?

Why do you fanboys always think in absolutes and assume that if someone says something has flawed, it means they hate it. All I'm saying is they've shifted public consciousness to the point where many agree now that BotW isn't a 10/10 game, nor worthy of all its praise. This will hurt it when it comes to GotY. NieR on the other hand is having an inverted trend, where more and more people are crawling out of the woodwork and praising the game as a brilliant work of genius.

Agree with the or not, that's the general trend at current time, and GotY is a popularity contest. Do not be surprised when Zelda fails to take it.
>>
>>387130364
exactly this, WHERE'S MY SKYWARD SWORD GOTY?
>>
>>387130175
Anderson still says it's a good game though, repeatedly in fact. His personal score (according to his twitter) is like a 8.5/10 which isn't that far off from general critic consensus really
>>
>>387130489
true, it's a 9.5/10 game
>>
>>387130430
>everything I don't like is shit
Sounds like /v/ in a nutshell. I'll look forward to laughing at you in a few months time.

>>387130480
>>387130367
Very good point, I totally forgot about that game. You think it's got a chance at winning GotY? Critics tend to like big budget AAA titles.
>>
>>387130489
You still have not proven that there is a trend, and you haven't proven that most agree it isn't a 10/10 game and that they have even shifted anything. Sounds like projection and hopes to me really.

Besides Nier isn't doing so well either. People neither praise nor shit on it in the mainstream, its rather lukewarm. I know you want it to win but it's going to be Horizon if it's not zelda
>>
>>387130541
Ok then, so you agree that it won't win GotY then?
>>
>>387130608
Honestly do you think the destructoid article is good? So little elaboration for the opinions presented. Like just saying "the game has no charm" without ANY elaboration is just a driveby shitpost at best. Sterling's review is also pathetically short without much elaboration as well. That's why joseph's review is so good, it actually delves deep into the game, flaws and all. I don't praise those low effort reviews just because I agree with them
>>
>>387130675
Nah, I disagree since you failed to show any trend of a sort or a shift in opinion of any kind. I doubt a video with less than half a million views and two articles (one which is shamed on release) will have any impact on general consensus
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>when you wake up and realize a Nintendo game has NEVER EVER won GOTY
>>
>>387130626
Horizon might win. NieR might just wind up being the Bloodborne of this year. The better game, but second runner in the eyes of the public.

On the other hand, TW3 managed to win thanks to it being multiplat, which tends to be a trend among GotY winners, while BB was exclusive. So there's a chance of that flipping as well since Horizon is the exclusive here while NieR is multiplat.

As far as anything else goes, you can't prove anything either. You can shut your ears and pretend Zelda will win all you like. I guess we'll see come December. Just don't get butthurt when it loses. I know a lot of you fanboys have vested interest in Nintendo getting it this year in order to boost Switch sales, but you're letting your personal bias cloud your judgement.
>>
>>387130938
So are you, really. You seem to have a vested interest in the failure of the game judging by your posts (not just in the thread) do you claim you have no bias?

Also nice dodge, you claimed that there is a general shift first to make your argument, but right now you claim I do not have proof? Where's your evidence, firstly? That was your leg to stand on in the first place. Don't squirm out of this.
>>
>>387130912
they've won a lot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_the_Year_awards
>>
File: 1500098005758.jpg (103KB, 969x969px) Image search: [Google]
1500098005758.jpg
103KB, 969x969px
>>387125396
It is more of the fact that such a large group of people care about the equivalent to MTV Awards but for videogames
>>
>>387130912
>>387131091

lmao
>>
>>387130743
He said "the game has no charm, in comparison to" and he then gave some examples from Majora's Mask and Waker. He said most NPCs are dull and bland compared to the sort of stuff you'd see in other Zelda games. He said, rescuing random bystanders got old quick, and isn't novel, as GTA has had a similar feature for ages now.

Tell me, what do you disagree with in all these statements, and please, elaborate your opinion while giving examples.

As for Jim, again, his criticism about combat and weapons breaking was on point. Pausing fights to switch weapons breaks the pace, and having an inventory System reminiscent of NMS isn't a positive thing either.

Getting rewarded for your efforts with a shrine or Korok seed gets old very fast.

These are all valid criticisms, don't just handwave them as shit because you don't like that they're criticizing your favorite game. If you disagree with them, provide valid counterarguments, and give examples.
>>
>>387131091
Hmmmmm yes I see your list which includes Gamefaqs is very reputable. Too bad this thread is about the VGAs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Video_Game_Awards
Not a single Nintendo game LOL!!!! They have to get their own kiddy pool to play in
>>
>>387125396
>Doesn't matter how much /v/ is
Does /v/ matter AT ALL? What the fuck had /v/ ever done that was actually good for video games? Pirating Gone Home instead of buying it and other stupid shit like that doesn't count, it didn't make any differences. Last time I had check beside making a very shitty visual novel with the worst fucking writing ever I only ever seen /v/ being the cancerous fandoms that they themselves claim to hate. Fucking ruined any discussion of Undertale after like the first week.

Like I find it cute that you think /v/ is even a thing when it comes to video games because as a community they can barely pull themselves away from Youtube and memes to even discuss anything. It doesn't matter what /v/ do period, Zelda or otherwise. It is like saying GameFAQs polls make a fucking difference. Like how delusional do you gotta be to think /v/ have any real pull or effect when it comes to video games? Don't let the shouting cry babies fool you, /v/ isn't the majority in anything, hell most of them are too scare to have reddit and 4chan open at the same time thinking their computer will explode or too scare of owning two consoles from different brands. They fucking choose to be the minority because they somehow feel being a "normie" is an insult. /v/ is so mentally retarded that they even fell for their own lies.

Zelda may or may not be GOTY but regardless /v/ would had nothing to do with it either way. As a board /v/ is fucking useless as a whole. Check /tg/ or /an/ or hell literally any other board for what /v/ could be but choose not to.
>>
>>387131362

Point out where the OP mentions VGAs.
>>
>>387131386
lol cry more redditor
>>
>>387131243
Wait did he actually say in comparison to? If so I concede, I recall he did not say that line

Anyway as for jim's point, it's just wrong. No man's sky inventory problem is that you have to press and hold to get an item, which is far slower and more cumbersome. The layout is honestly fine. The weapon switching in Breath of the Wild, I feel, is integrated into the pace. The pace of the combat is basically dodge attack switch dodge attack switch, and I don't mind that honestly

I did not even feel the rewards got old until I beat the game (which is like 70 hours later). I usually liked the shrines and felt that the seeds and orbs are always useful thus I did not mind the rewards are the same as they are always useful. It didn't get old fast for me by any means

Also the main beef with jim's review is the Ubisoft towers statement. It's just one fucking line, without any elaboration on WHY it is bad.
>>
>>387131430
VGAs are the industry standard for GotY, lol.

Many sites do GotY, but the one people count is the VGAs. Winning GotY from Nintendo Network is meaningless you nerd, kek.
>>
>>387131542
>the industry standard for GotY
according to who?
In case you haven't noticed, the VGA's aren't technically around anymore.
>>
>>387131542
>the one people count is vgas
>fallout 4 didnt win a single vga award
>still getting a goty edition

explain that then
>>
>>387131583
Uh yeah they are, TGAs is streamed on consoles and steam, it is the official gaming awards show. Luckily when Zeldor loses to Fart Crap 5 or some other weaksauce meme AAA, you can always beat off to it winning goty from famitsu ;)
>>
>>387131725
Fuck if I start a twitch stream announcing persona 5 as GOTY it is the official GOTY then?
>>
>>387131475
>Also the main beef with jim's review is the Ubisoft towers statement. It's just one fucking line, without any elaboration on WHY it is bad.
Because it's been done to death and is a very cumbersome way to allow for exploration.

The landmarks system in the first Xenoblade is much better.

And I disagree on the combat. It's not fluid. Bloodborne, is fluid. You Switch weapons with the press of a button. Combat is the LAST place where you wanna pause an action game, this isn't an RPG. Imagine if every time you wanted to use a power up in Mario you had to pause the game?

How badly would that fuck with the pacing and flow of platforming?

Why couldn't BotW have incorporated a system similar to Bloodborne? Where you assign weapons to various buttons, and can switch them on the fly?
>>
>>387131806
yes, just like they did for TW3 and overwatch
>>
>>387131806
No because you don't have the backing of industry giants, top music artists, and reveals of tomorrow's games at ur strm
>>
>>387131725
only the west takes any notice to the VGAs/TGAs, they're not global and certainly not an authority. There is no official authority on 'games of the year', videogames don't have an Oscar equivalent.
>>
>>387131881
So only the biggest market in gaming takes note of the biggest awards show with involvement from the biggest gaming companies? Oh wait I forgot this is the Nintendo thread, only Japan matters because it's a teeny weeny market where Nintendo isn't getting stomped by the PeniS4 :^)
>>
>>387131808
But the problem is that HE DID NOT SAY ANY OF THAT! You see, YOU had to elaborate for HIM, someone who is supposed to review a fucking game. Neither did you actually elaborate on why is it cumbersome and why it's bad just because it has been done a lot, but since you're not a professional reviewer I'm fine with this level of elaboration

That's why I think his review is horrible

Anyway while I understand your point I do not think the system is actually bad, or that it breaks the so called pace as I said above. Bloodborne's system works better as you don't have as many weapons to choose from. If Breath of the wild was to use bloodborne's system there needs to be a increase in the durability. Your mario analogy is also flawed as mario is heavily momentum based, while combat in Zelda (when you weapons break) is mostly static
>>
>>387131808
>>Why couldn't BotW have incorporated a system similar to Bloodborne? Where you assign weapons to various buttons, and can switch them on the fly?

why would they do that
>>
>>387125396
lol you misspelled Persona 5
>>
>>387131986
that's not at all what I was saying but nice projection
>>
I hope it does. Honestly the best game I've played in ages. After finishing it i was totally satisfied.
/v/ just hate anything popular or not a PCbro exclusive. Literally dirty manlet autists stuck in the basement
>>
>>387132149
botw has as much chances of a goty as nier:automata does
>>
I won BOTH and honestly:

Nier;Automata = Persona 5 > Yakuza 0 > BOTW

BOTW is Nintendo playing catch-up with the game industry
>>
>>387130489

What else could take it? Horizon is a busted mess with characters and story that could have come straight from Mass Effect Andromeda. The only people that propped it up were the "muh strong women, muh diversity" types like Jism Sterling.

Nier is great, but not on the level of BotW. And also not as popular, or getting the same scores.
>>
>>387132253
I'm sorry but this has got to be bait right? Please tell me you're not serious.
Nier, ok I'll give you that but Persona and yakuza? No sweetie.
>>
>>387132253
You won both what
>>
>>387131997
But the problem IS that combat becomes static when weapons break, in addition to how shallow it all is overall. It's bad. Yes, the solution IS indeed to increase durability and have you carry less weapons, and give you a way to upgrade or repair durability, rather than increase inventory size.

It's much better to have 20 solid weapons, all very distinct from each other, than 100 where they break down into 3 variations, with nothing but cosmetic differences and stats to set them apart.

It is a very poorly implemented system, and it isn't fun in a variety of ways. In fact, it gets much worse later in the game. The only time this system felt good, was in the beginning of the game.

As for the Ubisoft towers, it's cause people are tired of seeing them. They've been an Open World trope for nearly a decade now, and have been milked to death in AssCreed and FarCry. Perhaps if BotW came out in 2012 would this be seen as a positive, but by this point, people want a NEW way of presenting exploration and discovery in the genre, not the most cliche trope plaguing it.
>>
>>387132327
Horizon will fucking win because "muh stronk women" and "dude the story is literally the best science fiction LMAO" and "wow the combat is actually better than witcher 3"
>>
>>387132379
*Own
My bad

>>387132357
Yes, darling. BOTW is a good game, but in the end, it's an empty open world with awful side quests that spits in the face of the Legend of Zelda series. BOTW is incredibly overrated.
>>
>>387132327
NieR Automata is a considerably a much better game than BotW.
>>
>>387132450
This is the same crowd that thinks Mario is the greatest video game series ever, anon. They have no standards.
>>
>>387132253
post pics of your game collection
>>
>>387132391
I personally like the weapon durability system, especially when I am doing a no food run. It's great fun breaking a weapon on an enemy and quickly switching to another. The system felt good to me from start to end, even if the weapon variety is limited. The combat was static before the weapon broke to begin with as you have to stay still to attack, so I don't see the complaint here

But the main problem of ubisoft towers is that they remove all the fun of exploration with icons plopping down everywhere. And for some godforsaken reason they removed gliding from later games so that climbing them has literally no purpose as you can only go straight down. Breath of the Wild solves two of the issues I see most complained about those towers. I don't see much people complaining about the towers in botw either too
>>
>>387132487
nobody thinks that
>>
File: image.jpg (953KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
953KB, 1920x2560px
>>387132505
It's not my complete collection, but I'm guessing you don't care about my 3DS, Vita, PS3, Wii etc games.
>>
>>387132357
what's wrong with Persona 5? the game is a contender for me.
>>
>>387132637
The Fox and the Grapes.
>>
>>387132442
So is Persona 5, and Yakuza 0. In fact Persona 5 got to be the most overrated game of the year, that isn't released this year. Never have I played a game with pacing so bad, and I have played Persona 4

>>387132487
Nice strawman, but seriously is it that hard to think someone enjoys exploration more than story? They both have vastly different focuses
>>
>>387132636
what region are those age ratings?
>>
File: wd.jpg (138KB, 640x810px) Image search: [Google]
wd.jpg
138KB, 640x810px
>>387132708
Australia.

>>387132702
Disagree, but that's your opinion. BOTW isn't a bad game, just overrated. It's more of a solid 7/10 game.
>>
>>387132852
not that anon but BotW being overrated is just your opinion. I personally feel it's at least a 9.5/10.
>>
>>387132907
That's totally fine, man. I just don't think it's deserving of that level of praise when it's still a deeply flawed game. I hope it gets a sequel that fixes these issues and brings back classic Zelda staples like proper dungeons, an actual soundtrack, items like the Hookshot and favors fewer, but more special weapons.
>>
>>387132637
Let's list it down shall we?
>social links still do not affect story, despite it being a prime complaint in the previous games
>many characters besides the first three are introduced so late they had literally no time to develop and are hence regulated to filler tropes. Not to mention they aren't that good in combat either
>dialogue is very juvenile although the game tries to play its tone off as very serious
>combat is literally the same besides for boss battles, which are the only times you have to switch something up, if anything because if your party comp is good you can muscle through everything
>vocal songs are extremely weak, the voices lack energy
>dungeons are overly long and extremely boring, filled with repetitive puzzles and backtracking
>the pacing is all over the place, some plot threads get introduced early on and only get resolved nine literal hours later
>the story feels extremely repetitive, following the same structure with little twists or turns to keep you on your toes
>lack of downtime to build character unlike previous persona games
>some characters are downright annoying like Morgana and her exchanges with other characters
>the ending feels like a cop out after what they showed, and no I don't care if they will fix it in P5Crimson or something because I don't want to buy a new game for that

Overall the game is 30 hours longer than it should be. They could cut out Haru's palace and the game would suffer nothing
>>
>>387132998
I like the dungeons and the soundtrack, although I agree it could use some more unique weapons/tools like the hookshot (I'm not entirely sure how the hookshot would be implemented without undermining the climbing system, though)
>>
>>387130175
3 fucking Z-List nobodies vying for attention.

Keel crying you stupid little child. BotW will now forever be in GOAT lists for video games. You'll still be crying about it 20 years from now just like those still living in denial of OoT do now.
>>
>>387130128
How assblasted can one person be?
>>
>>387133057
Note despite me thinking Persona 5 is a good game I find it weaker than Persona 4 in general and not worthy of GOTY at all. Even gravity rush 2 is more deserving
>>
>>387130247
>Nintendo fans REALLY REALLY REALLY want Zelda to win so they can shitpost about it on /v/.

Of course. The tears and spastic rage it will cause on here will be fucking beautiful.
>>
>>387133057
>first three
Okay thinking back maybe the first four. Makato got enough time to develop, although in the opposite way I hoped. I swear she became more stupid after she joined the thieves
>>
>>387130364
Except BotW also has an overwhelming outpouring of respect from rival developers too as well as critical praise.
>>
>>387133057
>social links still do not affect story, despite it being a prime complaint in the previous games
Because that would mean they'd have to implement and record a lot of new lines for almost every variable. Also, it can make sense culturally if you're talking about romantic S-Links. Japan isn't open about that stuff.
>many characters besides the first three are introduced so late they had literally no time to develop and are hence regulated to filler tropes. Not to mention they aren't that good in combat either
Agreed. Haru comes to mind. She isn't needed.
>dialogue is very juvenile although the game tries to play its tone off as very serious
They are teenagers, anon.
>combat is literally the same besides for boss battles, which are the only times you have to switch something up, if anything because if your party comp is good you can muscle through everything
The same can be said about BOTW and many other games.
>vocal songs are extremely weak, the voices lack energy
Completely disagree.
>dungeons are overly long and extremely boring, filled with repetitive puzzles and backtracking
Much better than the abominations we got in BOTW. Those are insultingly bad.
>the pacing is all over the place, some plot threads get introduced early on and only get resolved nine literal hours later
It's a big game, what do you expect?
>the story feels extremely repetitive, following the same structure with little twists or turns to keep you on your toes
It is that type of Japanese game.
>lack of downtime to build character unlike previous persona games
H>some characters are downright annoying like Morgana and her exchanges with other characters
I agree. He isn't needed. Unfortunately, Atlus thinks we want mascot characters.
>the ending feels like a cop out after what they showed, and no I don't care if they will fix it in P5Crimson or something because I don't want to buy a new game for that
I agree.
>>
>>387133271
>>387133193
>>387133087
Literally stop posting. You're giving the people who actually like the game a bad name, unless that is your intent in the first place
>>
>>387133084
The OST isn't BAD, it just lacks that Zelda flavor and is rarely used. It needed an overworld theme.
>>
>>387132607
Gliding is another issue I have with BotW, but I won't get into it.

Anyway, I see why you like it, and I'm not saying you shouldn't, but people have valid complaints with the game, and they shouldn't be handwaved because you personally enjoyed it.

Oftentimes, criticism of this sort comes from people who've played many more games, and many more Zelda games, and expected something better. Especially for a "10/10" as everyone was claiming. It would need to blow every other game out of the water in every department, but it doesn't. BotW has a peer that bests it in just about every category:

Physics, Underworld
Sandbox, GTA
Climbing, Assassin's Creed
Exploration, Xenoblade
Combat, Dark Souls
Progression and Level Design, Previous Zelda titles
Narrative and Story, NieR Automata
Soundtrack, pretty much anything

Etc.... list goes on. This isn't a 10/10 game, and that's what people are saying, it's a GOOD game, and if we judge BotW as a solid 7-8/10, then it's understandable for it to faulter so much, and just be, OK in many areas, and really great in others. But people praised this as one of the greatest games ever made. But it's not, it's not even close, and this is what frustrates most people into being negative about it. Because most of have played a lot of games that outdo it, and most of this praise seems to come from fanboys who've played very few, and give it props for its brand name rather than inherent qualities.

Again, it's a GOOD game, I personally didn't like it, but I can't deny its merits. However, there have been much better games come out this year alone. And I think it's bad to praise Nintendo so much, when it's evident they could do a much better job still, and pump out a much better game. Giving them excessive praise for BotW just sets a bad standard as a whole.

I think BotW should praised for what it dud accomplish, but its flaws should also be brought to light so Nintendo can improve on it.
>>
>>387132253
>BOTW is Nintendo playing catch-up with the game industry
Top kek. BotW was a mic drop to the entire industry and Nintendo schooled every developer on the planet on how to make a 3D open world game - on their very first attempt.
>>
Does anyone know the name of the song that plays when you're near a Shrine in the overworld in BOTW?
>>
>>387133345
I completely disagree, the arrangement of the soundtrack oozes zelda, it's just subtle compared to the more bombastic approach of past games in the series. Also, I'm glad they didn't have a specific overworld theme, as listening to the same track for 100+ hours would get tiring, not to mention that it'd deter from the sounds of the environment surrounding you (which play a big role when it comes to exploration). Vid very related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl-6K3zrcr0
>>
>>387133320
Cry some more.
>>
>>387133296
Yeah I understand the social links would take a lot of effort but I think I want some reactions from the other members at the very least, that can't be THAT hard, right?

Actually I disagree the dungeons are better in Persona 5. I would rather have something be short and sweet rather than long, tedious and drawn out for literally no reason. The dungeons aren't even challenging, at all, both in puzzles and combat. I wanted it to be over and done with after the first run through. The game even makes you go through it twice, like what the fuck?

As for the big game part, I expected better pacing, although judging by P4 I should have expected otherwise. The "oh noes someone else is in the metaverse!!!!" shit could have been introduced much later or even had a fake out at one point that to subvert the player's expectations

for the japanese games part, I thought the japanese were great at crazy ass stories with lots of twists. There was only like one twist in the entirety of Persona 5 and it can be seen from fucking miles away.
>>
>>387133434
>and Nintendo schooled every developer on the planet on how to make a 3D open world game - on their very first attempt.
Disagree. Rockstar did that years ago and no one has managed to defeat them.

>>387133476
Yeah, I don't like the subtle feel that much. It works at night time, but not for most of the game.

It doesn't help that the battle themes and other less-subtle tracks aren't that strong.

Link related, the GOAT track. I wish the rest of the OST was this good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAX8nHkpmHo
>>
>>387133521
>>387133434
I'm gonna laugh at your autistic rage when BotW fails to win GotY.

As has been pointed out, Nintendo has never won the VGAs.
>>
>>387133605
Can I ask why you like that theme the most?
I like it as well, but the game has far better tracks than that in my opinion.
>>
>>387133594
>but I think I want some reactions from the other members at the very least, that can't be THAT hard, right?
Depends. Lets say you took the harem route or maybe dated 2 out of 4 girls. Imagine how many variables you would need.

What I hated about dungeons was that you're unable to finish them in one day. I hate how you're forced to take multiple days.

I think that was supposed to be obvious, but it's "that" type of JRPG. Persona isn't written that "deep" compared to a JRPG like Nier or something.

>>387133680
The track strong atmosphere for riding through the post-apocalyptic Hyrule. It just works so well. What do you prefer?
>>
>>387133428
A good game can be a blend of good elements, it doesn't have to best something in every category ever. The praise comes as most people thinks BOTW excels at what it tries to do, it does not have to exceed a singular element from every game. You seem to think a 10/10 from different people means what you think it is, which is plain untrue. Of course, that's a fault of the review system, but you still cannot impose your standards on others, and say the game is definitely not a 10/10 on their scale.

You also seem to have no proof for your statements, especially the most fanboys. I played botw on my PC and it has become one of my favourite games, top 10 maybe.
>>
>>387129560
It's so funny to see at the end of the day all contrarians have the same mindset and shitposting tactics no matter the board or topic. Just take a look at /co/

>Yeah well this cape movie had good reception, but now nobody will talk about it in a month, even normies know it was actually bad all along!
>>
>>387133428
>BotW has a peer that bests it in just about every category:
>Physics, Underworld
>Sandbox, GTA
>Climbing, Assassin's Creed
>Exploration, Xenoblade
>Combat, Dark Souls
>Progression and Level Design, Previous Zelda titles
>Narrative and Story, NieR Automata
>Soundtrack, pretty much anything
>Etc.... list goes on.

Fuck me. /v/ really does has to stack up every open world game ever made to try and hold a candle to BotW.

Not only that, you're obviously a total fucking child who understands NOTHING about video games and most of your list is completely wrong.

Take the 'climbing'. You think Ass Creed does it better? You're and idiot. The 'climbing' in BotW is about climbing up stuff. It's about HOW that mechanic and freedom of exploration affects the entire game design. Most devs would shit their pants to offer that kind of freedom to a player out of fear the player would break the game. Ass Creed amounts to; you can climb HERE, and only HERE in this little fenced off area where we can predict exactly what you'll do.

Your whole 'list' is total nonsense. You don't get it because you don't understand the first fucking thing about game design
>>
>>387133428
To be fair the last 3 paragraphs can be applied to any game which had a 10/10 score ever
>>
>>387133879
Wow can you fuck off please? You're falseflagging way too hard. I hate people like you, just fuck off please. You destroy any discussion of the game. You aren't at FFXV kun levels yet but you're reaching there.

Also I fucking love this game and think it is GOTY in my eyes so far but please just fucking fuck off
>>
>>387133771
>What do you prefer?
these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWCJblviTro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh33z5NFJSY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6O1FgvTuAQ
>>
File: P5 is better.jpg (206KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
P5 is better.jpg
206KB, 1280x960px
>>387125396
Sorry OP. Zelda doesn't even come remotely close to Persona 5. This coming from someone who absolutely hates anime. Persona 5 was a masterpiece. Zelda is just another open world action/adventure game with terrible story and writing.
>>
>>387133428
>climbing better than AC
>combat better than DaS
even N:A has a better story than BoTW considering how mediocre it is.
8/10 bait if anything
>>
>>387133972
he's right to be honest, he just stated it in a rather brash way.
>>
>>387133980
Not too big on the first one, love Rito village track (forgot about it) and Hateno Village is okay.

By the way, I believe this track would work as a night time overworld theme in BOTW. It's a shame this track is so underused, it's beautiful when played near a shrine at night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtCWgWUhA8s
>>
>>387134014
>terrible story and writing
You talking about persona 5 or...?
>>
File: IMG_20170607_152123.jpg (2MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170607_152123.jpg
2MB, 4160x2336px
>>387133798
Deal is, BotW isn't being praised as a good game, it's being praised as "one of the greatest games ever made." And that's why people have a problem.

And no, it does not accomplish everything it sets out to do, it in fact fails in many areas, the level scaling is fucked to the point where there is Zero challenge at end game, the enemy variety is the lowest it's ever been in the franchise, the bosses are total pushovers, half the shrines are trash, the content of things to do repetitive and boring, the side quests are mostly fetch quests, the dungeons mediocre, and the upgrade system grindy and game-breaking.

How can you ignore all this and call BotW flawless? It's not.

As for proof do you really want me to post the time stamp I've posted over a dozen times now?

The argument being made here isn't about your or my subjective opinions, it's that OBJECTIVELY, BotW is NOT one of the greatest games ever made, and shouldn't be praised as such.

Crying
>post proofs
is no way to argue against the points I'm making, but regardless, here's an old timestamp.
>>
>>387134026
The climbing IS better than AC. Climbing in AC is just snapping to magnetic ledges. Minimum player control, it's fucking awful
>>
>>387125396
OP made a bait thread so he could watch kiddies sperg out and continue crying and shit flinging over BotW.

Didn't disappoint.
>>
>>387134161
I could see that track working extremely well as a sunset track (i.e. would play whilst the sun is setting), not sure about it as a night track in general though.
>when played near a shrine at night.
I thought it was played near shrines that were underground/in a cave (like the track name suggests)?
>>
>>387133831
I don't got to /co/mblr, but Cape movies are indeed shit. Spider-Man 1&2 and TDK are as good as it gets, everything else is trash.
>>
>>387134213
>Deal is, BotW isn't being praised as a good game, it's being praised as "one of the greatest games ever made." And that's why people have a problem.
This is actually my problem with it. I love BOTW but people seem to overpraise it just for it being Nintendo.In reality, BOTW barely brings anything new to the table.
>>
>>387134161
>>387134249
also if you like more bombastic music this is a great one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AovzBzua0
>>
>>387134249
>not sure about it as a night track in general though.
Go near a Shrine at night and soak it in. If anything, it'd work best as an overworld theme in the snowy areas. It's hauntingly beautiful in those areas. Give it a go!

>I thought it was played near shrines that were underground/in a cave (like the track name suggests)?
Oh shit, you are right.
>>
>>387134026
I'm saying the opposite anon. AC has better Climbing, and Dark Souls has better combat.
>>
>>387134213
>>387134290
it's mostly developers that have been pushing this mindset.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/
>>
>>387134302
I did like that track.
>>
>>387134224
Climbing in AC takes thinking and planning. Climbing in BotW turns Link into Spiderman.
>>
>>387134224
quite ironic it is literally the opposite
>>
>>387134213
>, BotW isn't being praised as a good game, it's being praised as "one of the greatest games ever made." And that's why people have a problem.

BotW isn't perfect. It has some of the same issues which plague all open world games - enemy repetition and difficulty balancing for example.

But these are minor inevitable nitpicks which come nowhere close to overshadowing what is an incredible gaming experience.

The reason for BotW's praise is because it's genre defining. It really is. Every open world game from now will be measured against Nintendo's game and the game itself will be constantly referenced and analysed for the next decade at least.

Perfect? No. Nothing is.

Genre-defining? Absolutely. It raises the bar for everyone. Playing other open world games after playing BotW feels very archaic.
>>
>>387134213
The problem is that once again you are stating your opinions as facts, and that everyone would agree exactly with you. The upgrade system, while grindy, is often ignored by most players I would assume as it is rather unneeded unless you are struggling with the game. The difficulty of the bosses depend on the player playing the game, and so is the difficulty. Not saying I agree but I can also see how many people enjoy feeling overpowered at the end game. The "half the shrines are trash" part is also an opinion, and so is the repetitive portion you mentioned. The only element I found repetitive personally was the korok seeds, which I then promptly ignored.

The ones I agree with are enemy variety and fetch quests, those can definitely be improved on

The baseline is judging by the scores and general reception, most people feel it accomplishes most, if not all, what it sets out to do, even if we disagree. Honestly since we are considered "core" gamers I can see why our opinions might not be shared among many
>>
>>387134170

XD

If Persona 5 has a terrible story what does that make Zelda?
>>
>>387134290
>In reality, BOTW barely brings anything new to the table.
Desperation: The Post
>>
>>387134476
>Implying that asscreed requires any thought ever.
>>
>>387134545
no, it isn't. In AC, the areas you can climb are fixed points, you can only climb on surfaces that have been set up to be climbable. In BotW, the opposite is true - you can climb any surface unless it's blacklisted from the player (such as the material inside shrines, to avoid cheating); as a result, BotW offers significantly more player freedom and control whilst climbing.
>>
>>387134570
A barebones one, but it's not aspiring to be a story heavy RPG unlike P5
>>
>>387125396

/v/ doesn't like Breath of the Wild? Hahaha. They really do have the worst taste in everything.
>>
>>387134742
Based on polls we do actually
>>
>>387134558
problem here is that bar has been raised WAY too high.

i would happy if BoTW killed open world genre just because of how good it is.
>>
>>387134903
Jesus this falseflagging has reached critical levels
>>
>>387134674
Yeah, which is braindead stupid, not fun, and unrealistic.

Have you ever gone rock climbing?

People don't just stick to walls like Spider-Man, the fun in rock climbing comes from finding a path up a wall by identifying points which you can use to grip onto - exactly like Assassin's Creed.
>>
>>387135020
anon this is a videogame, not real life.
>>
>>387134778
Nintendildo polls are always botted and passed around Reddit.
>>
>>387134941
>saying a game is too good is false flagging
please let me praise this game for once.
>>
>>387135065
And the AssCreed model is much better because it understands why people find rock climbing to be fun.

More freedom isn't always a good thing. The climbing in BotW is just tedious and unengaging.
>>
>>387135020
>>387135152
>by identifying points which you can use to grip onto - exactly like Assassin's Creed.
the problem though is AC doesn't make that act challenging in any way, it's extremely obvious where you can and cannot climb, and anywhere that is climbable always leads you to the top - this idea of having to find areas you can climb in AC would work better if they had some intentional red herrings (areas that are climbable but don't always lead you to the top). Again, BotW does this better as it uses incredibly high mountains, basically impossible to scale, that often have other ledges that are far easier to scale. In some cases, this requires a lot of travelling before you can find a climbable area (especially when it's raining).
>>
>>387135152
>more freedom isn't always a good thing
But it's even less engaging the more scripted it becomes
>>
>>387130364
SS is worth 12/10 but it got 10/10 because of the nintendo handicap and you know it.
>>
>>387134674
The problem with BotW's climbing is that there isn't much to it. It's pretty much pure stamina management. You understand how it works after only doing it a couple times. The only time the game slightly mixes things up is with rain, and that just forces you to either waste time waiting for it to stop or have enough stamina to do the jumping trick. The game doesn't introduce enough new mechanics or obstacles to keep things fresh. Which applies to everything in BotW really.
>>
>>387125396
Yeah, I still don't know how Nintendo did it. The greatest game of all time as a launch game? The last time they did that was with Super Mario World.
>>
>>387125396
Of course it will.
>Dragon Age: Inquisition
>The Witcher 3
>Overwatch
BotW fits right in.
>>
>>387135273
>is that there isn't much to it. It's pretty much pure stamina management.
either you're not a very creative individual, or just completely ignorant. In BotW, there's several ways to climb more easily, such as using Revali's Gale, fire updraft, stasis thrusting, movement speed up elixirs/food, rock climbing gear, etc.
>>
>>387135273
And Ass creed has more to it? Hell you don't even have to manage anything at all
>>
>>387135292
exactly multiplats has this right in, so BoTW...oh
>>
>>387135446
It is a multiplat though?
>>
>387130003

>arms
>splatoon
>botw
>mario odyssey
>W101
>kirby
>Yoshi
>DK

>any of these
>washed up

Weak bait. Gonna have to take back that (you).
>>
File: Cuphead.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cuphead.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Stand aside for true GOTY
>>
>>387135491
nintendo switch, intendo who?, and only emulable on decent pcs. So only 1 major platform? yeah multiplat, haha
>>
>>387135691
>moving goalposts
>being so mad you have a potato
hehe
>>
>>387135368
There's a difference between having a lot of tools and actually needing to use those tools. Revali's Gale is just a convenience, a way to speed up the tedium. There is no place in the game where you actually need to use it. Same with everything else. The game doesn't put up challenges that need to be overcome through making use of every tool available to you. The only thing stopping the player from taking the path of least resistance is their own willpower.

>>387135376
I'm not defending AssCreed, I'm only talking about my experience playing BotW. Climbing got old. All that time I was spending climbing I kept thinking of different ways the game could spice things up. Obstacles, enemies, etc. Anything that's not just a boring rock texture.
>>
>>387135832
I mean the argument is that the AC climbing is better?
>>
I played it on cemu and I fail to see what the fuss is all about. The game is basically a bunch of open world meme thrown together into what is possibly the worst Zelda game yet.
>>
>>387135832
>There is no place in the game where you actually need to use it
How about during rain, as you mentioned before?
Another example would be areas covered in malice (common around Hyrule Castle, and a couple towers also have it; iirc the colluseum is also covered with it on the outside (with overhangs on the inside so you can't easily climb it). Speaking of which, overhangs are another thing to take into account when climbing in BotW, as they generally cause you to slip.
>>
I've had it since launch and I still haven't completed it and I don't know if I will. The sheer amount of shrines and empty world has more or less killed my motivation.
>>
>>387135965
>I played it on cemu and I fail to see what the fuss is all about.
Think you solved your own mystery there faggot.
>>
>>387136076
I don't get the shrine hate, I enjoyed them.
>>
>>387133345
A non-simplistic overworld theme would get really annoying when you're in the over world for 75% of the game.
>>
>>387136126
It's tedious padding to make the game last longer. I preferred it when you had to actually explore the world to find heart containers. Now I just have tedium and no reason to explore.
>>
>>387136282
You have to "actually explore the world" to find the shrines, dingus.
>>
>>387136094
WOW playing it on a console automatically makes it a good game!!!!
how much of an inbreed imbecile can you be?
>>
>>387136282
the way I see it, they're an upgraded version of the hidden holes in previous games.
>>
>>387136385
portability and not crashing every few hours muh man

Also requires really expensive hardware to run well
>>
>>387136316
No, I have to explore the world so I get to do some tedious padding exercise so I can get 1/4 of a token to spend on a heart container. It would have been so much better to have random dungeons or ruins from previous games that you explore and at the end you get a piece of a heart container.
>>
>>387136282
I completely disagree with you. Finding hearts in previous zeldas was often hidden behind retardedly annoying and/or cryptic quests or just in random fucking places.

I much prefer the BOTW way of having to do puzzles and shrine quests to get them.
>>
>>387135965
Of course you fail to see what the fuss is about, you have horrendous taste
>>387136076
>sheer amount of shrines
>but the world is empty anyway lolol
??
>>
>>387136451
>It would have been so much better to have random dungeons or ruins from previous games that you explore and at the end you get a piece of a heart container.

nah
>>
>>387136385
Yeah playing it without glitches and crashes ruining the experience certainly helps. ;^)

>b-but it almost works fine on mine!
>>
>>387136472
The shrines use the same tileset, ergo the same.
>>
>>387136451
Why? Isn't it essentially the same thing, except you get a reward faster in the older ones? What makes shrines worse than holes or just random places? Some are even instant, no puzzles inside. It's not like you're fucking starving for hearts anyway
>>
>/v/ still thinks that if they throw around words like overpraised and other non-arguments they'll change Zelda's critical and popular reception
>the narrative has switched so much they need to admit that it's "great but flawed" and then exaggerate nitpicks as glaring flaws
>Nintenbros haven't stopped thinking it is one of the best games ever made
>faggots in these threads still can't mention any of these games that 'do everything Zelda does' and when they try they need to list over 4 games to get even close and they'll always be missing the chemistry engine
>>
>>387136446
we're talking about aspects inside the game not how people play it you nigger brain, it's irrelevant what platform you use.
>>
>>387136582
I fail to see how the sentences connect. Now if you say their aesthetic is the same I agree, but their content, besides the combat ones, are usually distinct
>>
>>387136606
You'd gain a deeper appreciation of what's in the game if it wasn't crashing all the time :)
>>
I finally found the last shrine yesterday. Got all 120 cleared now and found all treasure chests.
>>
File: Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_C95cc.jpg (501KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_C95cc.jpg
501KB, 1280x720px
How did they manage to reinvent open world games in their first try?
>>
>>387136672
trying too hard to deflect and move goalposts when you can't even defend your mediocre game
>>
>>387136593
Sums things up nicely. Here's to another SIX months of this bullshit.
>>
It has some major technical flaws and it could use just a little more variety, but you'd have to be a real downer of a person to not realize this game also does a lot right in terms of controls, physics, quest and exploration design etc. and just general polish
>>
>>387136593
>they'll always be missing the chemistry engine
Why is this a big deal anyway? It's not special or revolutionary like Nintenkiddies pretend it to be.
>>
>>387135901
I don't really care. If anything the argument you two/three are having is dumb considering previous Zeldas already had climbing, that's where the point of comparison should be.

>>387136004
Rain is basically a stamina tax. Having other tools to speed things up is nice but they're not essential. You're not overcoming obstacles, you're just using speed boosts to get through the tedium faster.

To use a half-assed analogy, it's kind of like supply and demand. You have a large supply of tools but the game doesn't demand that you make proper use of them, so the value of the tools decreases. In my opinion a great game would simultaneously give you a wide variety of tools but also expect that you utilize those tools to their maximum. Zelda has never quite done that perfectly but I still prefer the LttP philosophy of throwing obstacles in your path and making you find the tools to overcome them, rather than the loosey-goosey BotW philosophy of just doing whatever. Freedom is good in the right dose, but games are all about rules and objectives and challenges.
>>
I think it's a really solid base, but the dungeons dropped the ball

If BotW was more akin to Zelda 1 with how it handled dungeons then it would have been perfect
>>
>>387136832
because it's not their first try
>>
>>387136906
mention other game with elemental properties that interact with material properties in real time, allowing for things like impromptu circuits.
>>
>>387136906
Really? Feel free to name any other open world game with the level of design sophistication on show in BotW. Just one game.
>>
File: 1322721748562.jpg (25KB, 243x195px) Image search: [Google]
1322721748562.jpg
25KB, 243x195px
>>387136472
Shines do not make a world full of life, they're a structure copy pasted all over Hyrule to pad out the game.

>>387136513
Then I can't help you as you're willing to defend even the worst parts of BoTW

>>387136431
I disagree strongly

>>387136587
There's just so many of them, so many tedious non-puzzles that really drags on the more you find, all the same looking, all barely different from one another and worst of all many of them are mandatory if you want the Master Sword.
>>
>>387136936
>Rain is basically a stamina tax. Having other tools to speed things up is nice but they're not essential.
so you're complaining about the rain making it tedious, but when there's methods to avoid that tedium even entirely they suddenly don't count?
>>
>>387137065
>I disagree strongly
can you elaborate just a teensy bit?
>>
>>387137069
Read the reply chain before replying, please.
>>
>>387137134
I did, and as far as I can tell you're complaining just because the game doesn't force you to use these alternate methods to climbing. Which makes no sense.
>>
>>387137065
>many of them
You need like forty, that's a third of them. I also have no idea why your metric is somehow making the world full of life? Like do you want more animals roaming around or something?

I really don't get the hate for shrines, they are by far better than the holes in terms of design
>>
>>387137132
Let me do it for him
>THEY FEEEEL MORE NATURALLL
>>
>>387136936

>you're just using speed boosts to get through the tedium faster.

aren't you just playing the game at that point? the game doesn't tell you how to use it, the player just gets how it works relative to the design of the open world, you'll find the game does that alot
>>
Playing on cemu. Released 3 divine beasts and have gotten all the memory locations. In my opinion it's a pretty good game so far.
I think I made a good choice upgrading my stamina before getting any heart containers. The climbing can get pretty tedious some places.
>>
>>387137201
It does make sense. The game gives you a relatively large variety of tools but a much smaller variety of obstacles. That doesn't just apply to the climbing mechanic, that applies to everything in the game. Again, previous Zeldas didn't execute it perfectly, but generally they had more kinds of obstacles the player had to overcome than BotW did. There's only so many times you can tackle the same problem before it gets boring, it doesn't really matter how many ways you can tackle it if it's still the same problem.
>>
>>387136126
I enjoyed them too, except for the simple ones were you just fight guardians. There were too many of those.
>>
>>387137132
I more or less have in my other replies. Tedious padding when the exploration itself should be the test, not a non-puzzle in a copy pasted environment repeated over a hundred times.

>>387137207
Instead of Hyrule being overloaded with old temples, ruins, landmarks of previous games/generations and other interesting shit it's mainly just mountains, forests and shrines. It's a very lazy world with no reason to explore.

>>387137264
Sounds like someone can't take criticism for a game they like.
>>
>>387137065

that would be problem if the shrines weren't good, but they're all (save for a few) fun puzzles/battles with good physics, my only wish is that they at least change visually proportionate to where in the map you found the shrine, sorta felt like they just made the shrine levels first and just placed them at random on the map
>>
>>387137508
I disagree, especially when it comes to climbing. Yes, you can climb basically anything, but as you mentioned it's slow and requires a lot of stamina - this is why those alternate methods to climbing and looking for easier routes is important, despite you acting like it doesn't matter.
>>
>>387137547
>Tedious padding when the exploration itself should be the test, not a non-puzzle
what does that even mean?
How are the shrines padding, but the hidden holes aren't? How are they a "non-puzzle", what does that term even mean?
>>
>>387137547
I don't even know what you are talking about. What even is a non-puzzle. There are also plenty of landmarks from previous games, what

I'm confused
>>
6 months later and /v/ is still foaming at the mouth with rage.

Why do you hate Nintendo so much /v/?
>>
>>387137274
Obviously it's part of the gameplay, yes, my complaint is the lack of variety and the game's general unwillingness to put serious obstacles in the player's path. Obstacles that require the player to make use of all of their knowledge and tools. The only thing I can think of in the game that comes close is Eventide Island, which if anything is proof that the game's mechanics work best when the player is in a dis-empowered state and the level design is more condensed and restrictive.
>>
>>387137665
I'm not really defending the holes my complaint is instead of having proper locations that a lived-in world would have like ruins to explore, we get shrines filled with non-puzzles (distractions called puzzles but require no effort to accomplish) pasted everywhere all over the world. There was so little effort put into the world design thanks to these things that the whole game is just empty.

>>387137759
There just isn't. you have the dead Lon-Lon ranch that you can't really do anything with and that's really it.
>>
>>387137783
doesn't matter, in the next 4 months Horizon will get Goty and nintendies will foam from their mouths for the next 2 years
>>
>>387137908
Wait a moment so you want to have puzzles or no? Something to do or no? What the fuck do you want?

Lon lon ranch is also not the only landmark from past zeldas available my man, and there are plenty of ruins around.

You seem to have conflicting wants
>>
>>387137605
It's not a simple choice between important or unimportant, there's a large grey area in-between. There's nothing wrong with having ways to play the game faster/more efficiently, but there needed to be more defined obstacles and challenges as well. To me it's like they made half a game - they put the systems and mechanics, but forgot to add enough challenges to properly exploit those mechanics.
>>
>>387137908
no it's not empty by definition, your mental gymnastics to pretend that Zelda is anything short of a masterpiece are impressing nobody.
>>
>>387137908
>little effort put into world design
So just because of shrines? That's it? You would love it if they were replaced by simple ruins with no puzzles, no nothing in them?
>>
>>387138087
>>387138189
Here I was thinking I had put it plainly as possible. Shrines are shit, a few of them? sure no problem but over 100? fuck off. what should have been the meat of the game are locations like ruins, old villages, from previous games and new areas, that we could explore like a better done crypt from Skyrim. A location where we could learn some shit about Hyrule and it's past, fight new enemies that wouldn't be anywhere else, perhaps do a puzzle or two, and emerge with a new heart container or something. Mini-dungeons if you will. That is what I want not shrine after shrine after shrine followed by a giant machine beast then shrine after shrine after shrine.
>>
>>387138153
there are some good obstacles as well, like the cliff you have to chop a tree down to cross in the plateau, or that shrine you have to chop a tree and ride down an icy river to reach. The 3 mazes also come to mind as they each have a sneaky trick to solve them, otherwise you'll be going in circles forever.
>>
>>387125396
>caring about GOTY
Is this still a thing or is this just bait ?
>>
>>387137908
Agreed, the shrines lacked personality or a sense of place. They could have been randomized/procedurally generated and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. It's not like dungeons (the better ones anyway) that are part of the world and have a unique feel and aesthetic to them.

It's really an issue of quantity over quality. Really, you could have reduced the number of shrines from 120 to 10 and it would have worked out better. Make them larger, give them more complex designs, more puzzles, different enemy encounters, etc. Give them their own music and aesthetics too. But then you might as well just call them dungeons.
>>
>>387138153
I agree that they could do a lot more with the mechanics. I would really like to see huge complex dungeons, forcing you to use runes, tools and temperature changes cleverly. Instead of those short compact divine beast dungeons.
A dungeon builder DLC would be awesome, but it would probably be too much to hope for.
>>
>>387138379
>>387138504
So you want something else besides puzzles? And wait, you do want puzzles? But not just in shrines?
>>
>>387138504
At least you get it. I've done so many of those damn things that I just don't want to play the game any-more but if they had just done a few with similar things like you suggest I probably would still be playing BoTW or at least not feel so put off from returning to it.
>>
>>387138379
BotW has all of those things, though.
>unique locations Forgotten Temple, Akkala Citadel, Eventide, etc.
>7 different villages and several smaller settlements like Kara Kara Bazaar and the larger stables
>ruins from past games, like Lon Lon Ranch and Castle Town (TP design)
>region-specific enemies (Molduga, Bears, Rhinos Red-Tusked Boar, and elemental variants of standard enemies)
>gaining heart containers via doing puzzles within shrines/dungeons
Could the game have done some of these points better? Sure, but it does
>>
>>387125396
True, but it's more of the same. Nintendo has created more GOAT games than any other company. BotW is a flawless masterpiece.
>>
>>387138504
I disagree, and the game still had around 10 large shrines like you're describing anyway. I agree about their aesthetic being bland, though.
>>
File: 1310571307167.png (188KB, 492x440px) Image search: [Google]
1310571307167.png
188KB, 492x440px
>>387138760
>BotW is a flawless masterpiece
>>
>>387138675
>Sure, but it does
oops meant to say "Sure, but it does have these elements you want"
>>
>>387138813
> I have nothing resembling an argument
>well I still have greentext and reaction faces
>>
File: flurry.webm (640KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
flurry.webm
640KB, 640x360px
Whoa...
>>
>>387138671
You could just ignore those shrines? If you had done so many of them you should have completed most of the game already
>>
>>387138989
Broken hitboxes are a staple of all games with a dodge/parry mechanic it seems. Or maybe I have been playing too much souls. I swear bayonetta glitches out sometimes too
>>
File: flurrytiming.webm (530KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
flurrytiming.webm
530KB, 640x360px
This is honestly amazing.
>>
>>387138989
oh shit the dodge window is a little bit off, game ruined
>>
>>387132327

>Horizon story is shit

That SJW story crap is still miles better than Zelda or any Nintendo game.
>>
File: 3244854887.jpg (200KB, 1922x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3244854887.jpg
200KB, 1922x1080px
>implying the human eye can see beyond 20fps
>>
>>387138381
The thing is that those first three examples all come specifically from the Plateau which had a much stricter and more condensed design to it. None of the other overworld regions in the game (excluding maybe Eventide) had that kind of problem-solution philosophy where you had to cleverly exploit the game's physics. You could just glide over everything. Come to think of it, the glider might be the whole problem.

As for the mazes, that was more of a spatial awareness thing, figuring out where specifically you needed to go to find the secret entrance. Not an awful idea but I don't think they specifically took advantage of the mechanics. You could have put them in Twilight Princess or Wind Waker with very few changes. Frankly they all blur together for me so I can't remember the specifics of each one. I remember liking the first one, and learning that there were two more identical looking ones was a bit disappointing.
>>
>>387139136
Pretty sure this is fixed in the new patch. This used to happen to me all the time but after the 1.3.0 I could not trigger it anymore
>>
>>387139136
>>387139204
already patched
>>
>>387139204
>using this old ass image when the framerate has been fixed within a month
C'MON STEP IT UP!!

>>387139181
>SJW crap
>better than anything
No story would be better than SJW crap
>>
>>387139212
>The thing is that those first three examples all come specifically from the Plateau
no they don't, only the first example is from the plateau.
>>
File: 1492456796360.png (370KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492456796360.png
370KB, 400x600px
>>387125396
I fucking hate game awards.

P5, NieR, and Prey are all deserving of the GOTY title and the real challenge is figuring out which deserves it most.
>>
File: 1405120753872.png (339KB, 633x512px) Image search: [Google]
1405120753872.png
339KB, 633x512px
>>387138917
>world is a lifeless husk with nothing worth exploring
>towns are empty and devoid of life, a shell of Castle Town from TP
>Shrines
>no dungeons, instead we get to explore giant machines which are great but highlight just how little of that great there is in the world
>durability is shit. Even Beth knew if you're going to do that you need a means to repair your items but for some reason Nintendo didn't.
>Worst Ganon
>no enemy variety
>music is minimalist which can be nice at times but I miss the larger scale songs that would accompany you from previous games
>the plot is also minimalist which is the right direction to go it's too minimalist so now don't give a fuck about the characters, Hyrule, or anything that's happening because of it
>>
>>387139286
>P5
>deserving of anything
>any of the games you listed deserving it more than zelda, hollow knight or yakuza
LOL
>>
>Jim Sterling criticizes BotW while praising literally the same things in his Horizon review
>/v/ loves it just because he shits on Nintendo

If BotW doesn't win goty, then Odyssey does. If neither, someone bought the award. Fact.
>>
>>387139354
Oh yeah, I guess Hollow Knight came out too. And Nioh.
>>
File: CarefulRareBengaltiger.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CarefulRareBengaltiger.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>387139223
>>387139276
I played if after the patch and certain enemies made the game drop to 0 fps. So if anything it got worse.
>>
File: Sony drones.png (118KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sony drones.png
118KB, 800x600px
>>387139351
You're just repeating the same shitposts that has been pasta since launch with the exact same picture too
>>
>>387139212
also the mazes aren't identical at all, they each have a different obstacle as well.
>>
>>387139280
I'm bad at math, I should have said first two, the third would be the mazes which obviously aren't in the Plateau.

Chopping down a tree to get over the gap and chopping down a tree to get over the icy river are both from the Plateau.
>>
>>387125396
BOTW is a brilliant game. It's certainly more deserving of the award than many recent winners.
>>
>>387139403
I have no idea what that webm is trying to convey, other than the strongest armor in the game is good defence against the weakest enemy type in the game; but issues where Moblins would cause a game freeze has also been patched.
>>
>>387139351
>>world is a lifeless husk with nothing worth exploring
Objectively Wrong
>>towns are empty and devoid of life, a shell of Castle Town from TP
Also wrong, objectively wrong
>>Shrines
And?
>>no dungeons, instead we get to explore giant machines which are great but highlight just how little of that great there is in the world
Dungeons are basically bigger shrines, so if you like one you likely enjoy the other unless you like them for other things besides puzzles
>>durability is shit. Even Beth knew if you're going to do that you need a means to repair your items but for some reason Nintendo didn't.
Why must you? The beth games don't drop weapons for every enemy you kill.
>>Worst Ganon
No, not really. TP ganon was worse because he actually stole the show from a much better villain
>>no enemy variety
Yes
>>music is minimalist which can be nice at times but I miss the larger scale songs that would accompany you from previous games
There are some larger scale songs but they are used in the large scale moments, which fits nicely
>>the plot is also minimalist which is the right direction to go it's too minimalist so now don't give a fuck about the characters, Hyrule, or anything that's happening because of it
I did give a fuck despite the little plot
>>
>>387139482
No, only the first one is on the great plateau. The example with the icy river is in/near Hebra. I have no idea why you think it's in the plateau, are you confusing it with the area with the raft? As that doesn't have a shrine nearby it.
>>
>>387139547
literally no argument, pure subjetive shit
>>
>>387139403
You got it on the Wii U? I want to laugh at you but I just feel pity

>>387139548
Both games are good and deserving of their scores, now what?
>>
File: sonyniggers.png (755KB, 941x664px) Image search: [Google]
sonyniggers.png
755KB, 941x664px
>>387139548
Hey acfag.
>>
File: HMM.jpg (119KB, 656x316px) Image search: [Google]
HMM.jpg
119KB, 656x316px
>>387139436
Actually after many hours of play I've formed these complaints myself but carry on with that boogeyman mentality you have there anon, god forbid anyone actually criticises things you like and be serious about it right?
>>
>>387139631
Is this meant to be ironic because in the first place what you wrote is subjective too
>>
>>387125396
i'm a massive sonyfanboy because the xbox just seems to me like the fuckboy console, at least in the uk it does, it might be better but all the normie retards own one, the first thing they go to is the xbox so it puts me off.
also horizon zero dawn is garbage, breath of the wild was a much much much better game
>>
>>387139548
When will /v/ admit TLOU is a great game, with a good story? To think nier A and persona is praised so much despite being cinematic as fuck too
>>
File: DHMmmZ3UIAAy664.jpg (84KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DHMmmZ3UIAAy664.jpg
84KB, 1200x675px
>The Shrines are all single rooms and not fu-
>>
>>387139726
so you're accepting that your post is also subjetive, how does it makes BoTW a flawless masterpiece then?
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (52KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
52KB, 499x499px
>>387139681
Suuuure you do. I've heard all the same shit before.
>I'm a MASSIVE Zelda fan but BotW isn't a Zelda game and blah blah blah
>>
Of course it will, it's Nintendo and literally nothing else came or will come out this year.
>>
File: RightHauntingCaiman.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RightHauntingCaiman.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Kek
>>
>>387139862
I'm actually not him, sorry anon. I guess it is a flawless masterpiece to him? idk
>>
>>387139547
I really hate using this word because it usually has zero meaning but this really is a great example of nintendo baby mentality right here. literally denying everything negative because BoTW is a 10/10 flawless game and anything saying otherwise is wrong. Classic ostrich technique at work.

>>387139875
>he's a frogposter

Well this absolute state of denial now makes sense.
>>
>>387139962
>still posting outdated webms
>>
>>387126096
How so?
This year has been amazing, P5, Nier and Zelda were all released this year and all of them have been better than anything on the last year. Then there are other notable releases like Crash, Horizon, Nioh, Gravity Rush, Tekken 7 or Splatoon 2 and there is more to come with Odyssey, Wolfenstein 2 and Xenoblade 2. This is without taking into consideration some neat indie shit that has been released.

When was the last time we got a year this good?
>>
>>387139962

>>387139220
>>387139223
>>
>>387140025
I did admit enemy variety is a huge huge problem though?
>>
>>387140025
Reddit is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>387140025
>literally denying everything negative
just goes to show that you didn't read his post, you're just here to shitpost regardless of what people say to you.
>>
>>387140093
I specifically meant the lizalfos spear dudes. Not sure about the rest
>>
>>387140141
You literally ignored everything else while many agree on the issues like the dungeon problem for example.

>>387140220
If a person ignores over 90% of complaints out of fanboyism then yeah I'm going to tally upwards.

>>387140162
dumb frogposter
>>
>>387139547
>wrong
>wrong
>and?
>x is worse
>x fits nicely
>i cared so it's good
jesus christ
>>
Nah, Zelda can't win GOTY. It has too many cons/downsides/negatives for it to win. Not even gonna bother going through them since you all just say they're nitpicks. The game was never the 10/10 masterpiece some reviewers made it out to be.
If the game truly is a 10 then that means the next Zelda game will be worse. No series has ever had back to back masterpieces. There's a lot that could have been improved with BOTW. If the next game is similar then I'm sure they'll make it better.
>>
>>387140424
If you admit it's all nitpicks why can't you accept people might not have the same amount of those nitpicks
>>
File: 1502659233936.jpg (95KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502659233936.jpg
95KB, 724x720px
>>387140372
>I'm going to pretend all the shitposts about BotW is true and anyone who thinks it's a masterpiece is in denial despite the fact critics all say the same thing
Not to mention the hardcore shitposting that came before the game even came out. Right now it's just the most autistic retards like acfag that still does it.
>>
>>387127689
is that the actual framerate?
>>
>>387139403
The webm is showing that the weakest enemy type with one of the weakest early game weapons can't do much damage to a late game player wearing the 2nd strongest armor and helmet and the strongest leggings in the game.
>>
>>387140372
Wait so I can't disagree with the majority opinion or I am a fanboy?

>>387140392
What did you expect, it's all opinions anyway. I also never said it was good, just that I disagree. Why straw man me?
>>
>>387139440
They LOOK identical, their assets and basic structure are the same. There's nuances in their design, sure, but it's not really enough to make them novel from each other. The first one leaves the biggest impact, the other two are more of the same with slight differences in how you find the secret entrances. There could have been more than one giant maze, but having three giant grey square-shaped mazes with the same repetitive music is a bit much. At least change their shapes, at least change the aesthetics, do something to make them stand out more, instead of copypasting with slight edits. Variety is important.

>>387139629
You do have to cross the icy river in the Plateau to get to A shrine, but I guess you were talking about something else. Whatever, it's fine.
>>
File: 1497027129266.png (368KB, 453x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497027129266.png
368KB, 453x600px
>>
>>387140539
WOW it's quite ironic to see ninten.drones caring about critic scores now after a long time, what happened bud? did everyone suddenly forget muh paid reviews to other platforms?
>>
>>387140498
Learn to read. I said you'll all claim them to be nitpicks. I'm very unbiased when it comes to games. Even though Zelda is easily in my top 5 favorite series, I won't give it a pass.
My guess is that everyone just got used to playing such shitty or mediocre games that BOTW was like a breath of fresh air for them. Get it?
Anyway, I enjoyed the game but it sure as hell ain't a 10.
>>
>>387140539
>and anyone who thinks it's a masterpiece is in denial despite the fact critics all say the same thing

Yes exactly. Critics also say games like The Last of Us and Bioshock: Infinite are defining moments in vidya and have proven time and again they'll say anything to keep those free copies flooding in. Concerning /v/ It's basically critics are untrustworthy if they say something bad about a game I like but perfect if they say something good about a game I do like.

BotW is no masterpiece but it's laid the foundations for a game that could be. Better than SS but not worthy of the title "masterpiece"
>>
File: 1502405209399.png (143KB, 342x423px) Image search: [Google]
1502405209399.png
143KB, 342x423px
>>387140809
It's ironic that /v/ shitposts about Nintendo games? If anything it's business as usual
>>387140867
Yeah, and we all know Bioshock sucked ass. That shit didn't even PLAY at launch for PC. You guys can pretend all you want but it doesn't make it any more true, and you're attacking fans and calling them drones whilst you're doing the same thing you're accusing them of.
>>
>>387140594
>n-no! it was just my opinion
do you even read yourself? now you're trying to save face for your fuck up of a rebutal, instead you could've called the post you were replying as the one giving no substance again instead of doing the same shit.
>>
>>387140867
I agree with this
Except I really liked TLOU
>>
>>387141025
Did I pretend my rebuttal was anything more than an opinion anon? Are you autistic? Are you capable of accepting people that disagree?
>>
>>387140998
If I was a "drone" wouldn't I be full force negative about BoTW? instead I've said it's decent enough but no where near worth the sheer defence force this game seems to summon every-time it's criticised. And for your information yeah if you're using critics to defend BotW then that means you trust their judgement for other titles so you must agree that Bioshock was every bit the game they said it was right? you're not a hypocrite are you?
>>
>>387141127
no, you're clearly deflecting now with "i was merely pretending", stop hiding your head in your ass.
>>
File: 24806a4e49b8e0f1c32307a8bd417c49.jpg (170KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
24806a4e49b8e0f1c32307a8bd417c49.jpg
170KB, 1600x1201px
I'm gonna make a bold prediction right now. It won't be the popular opinion on /v/ nor do I care for it, but I'm gonna say that Horizon: Zero Dawn will be GOTY. I dunno, somehow I think both Zelda and P5 will be shafted by this like the BAFTA awards. Screen cap this post.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-14-15-52-18-1.png (173KB, 1080x834px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-14-15-52-18-1.png
173KB, 1080x834px
>>387140739
>Actually thinking metacritic means anything.

How old are you? And what's your opinion on OoT. How will you recover?
>>
>>387141260
No need to screen cap. People have been saying Japanese games don't win GOTY.
>>
>>387141260
"GoTY" doesn't matter a single bit though so who gives a fuck?
>>
>>387141239
What? Seriously what? What did I pretend? Are you okay?
>>
>>387141260
I predict that Horizon Zero Dawn will win all notorious meme award like TGA's but Zelda will get over 80 GOTY mentions from several magazines and a GDC
>>
>>387141364
do i have to do everything for you, fuck face? start from here >>387138813
>>
>>387141221
That's fine but it's still the same tactics retards like acfag uses, even if you're being sincere. The fact is many people still see BotW as a masterpiece and you disagreeing with that doesn't change that. A lot of people were just buttblasted it was so successful and shat on other games, and for sony drones, their perceived "their games." People claiming BotW was only praised because it's Zelda is just ridiculous no matter how you see it.
>And for your information yeah if you're using critics to defend BotW then that means you trust their judgement for other titles
Either you're acfag or you're retarded. Critics have been wrong about many games over the years, everything from GTA 4 & 5 to Dong Freeze to Bioshock Infinite.
>>
File: image.jpg (323KB, 2003x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323KB, 2003x776px
>>387141445
That wasn't me
>>
>>387141507
>>387138917
>>
>>387141334
paid reviews
>only a 9.2 user score even with thousands of autistic nintenbro manchildren spamming 10/10 with multiple accounts
the legend of reddit BTFO
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 1990x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 1990x600px
>>387141628
Neither is this
>>
>>387141446
People are entitled to think BoTW is a Masterpiece but it's fucking retarded that whenever someone says something negative everyone jumps down their throat and starts claiming their this or that, and even in some cases just dismissing everything said to protect their opinion of the game. BoTW is solid, I don't regret my purchase, but it just isn't a 10/10 in my opinion it's more a 6.5-7/10 and you're right critics have been wrong about many games. So why aren't they wrong about BoTW? just because you like it?
>>
>>387141786
>just because you like it?
yes
>>
Holy shit, look at the amount of people complaining about a game they don't play or only seen on youtube videos.

It's like clamoring for an open world pokemon, it won't work and won't happen, but faggots who have only played 1 gen will claim to know everything about the series and say game freak has forgotten what makes pokemon fun.
>>
File: 1417064343477.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1417064343477.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>387141867
>>
>>387141445
things that are claimed with little proof can be discarded with little proof as well, regurgitating "nitpicks" as massive game breaking flaws, or je ne sais quoi non-criticisms as "it lacks (life, soul, heart, passion)" don't even need to be taken seriously, it was just an opinionated post that had little standing on factual reality, the rebuttal that other anon did, incredibly was more in touch with reality than your regurgitated posts since it is clear he did play the game.
>>
>>387141786
They're not being attacked, fans simply disagree because all of their "criticisms" are either false or claims they hate everything about it for a perceived flaw. Or that it's "just good but it can't be a masterpiece" as if that means anything. And this has been repeated since launch. You're just like all the SJW faggots who pretends they're a victim. All you did was play a game, man. And when fans actually show that they're wrong through actual proof, which happened frequently after launch mind you, they simply shifted the goal posts to something else. All I'm saying is that people have a huge hate boner towards Nintendo in general and that's why BotW gets so much hate, no matter the quality of the game. It will happen to XC2 and SMO as well. This will be my last post. See you fags later
>>
When the Keighly awards roll around this year, GOTY is going to be between Nier, BoTW, PUBG, and maybe ARMs.
>>
>>387142095
6 games, so put in Mario Odyssey and Horizon, because putting in other better games like Yakuza would be one too much weeb representation.
>>
>>387141932
>things that are claimed with little proof can be discarded with little proof as well.
wrong, things that are claimed with little proof has to be called out for not having proof or being baseless, and not trying to sound smart with a dick measuring contest of "yeah nah"s to later backpedal on "he did it first" after doing exactly what you shouldn't have. Has he played the game or not can not be confirmed if each one is replying with subjetive points. Kind of silly you're trying to justify this behavior for whataver reason also with the "not to be taken seriously" phrase when actual arguments were asked to begin with.
>>
File: 1495092440793.jpg (41KB, 474x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495092440793.jpg
41KB, 474x960px
>>387141635
>paid reviews
The denial never ends. Hilarious.
>>
>>387142763
>it's ok only when nintendo denounces paid reviews
>>
>>387126451
Price drop Nintendo at the least 2 to 3 years
>>
>>387142658
>worst ganon
>lifeless/soulless/heartless X
>music is nice but I'd rather have 30 second midi soundtracks
>not incredibly subjective "criticisms"
>>
>>387126451
Wait for the dockless version of the Switch to be sold, that's what most would probably buy. That way if anyone decides that they want the dock they can buy it at a later date after saving 100$
>>
>>387143087
>Wait for the dockless version of the Switch to be sold,
It wouldn't be called the SWITCH without the dock you fucking moron.
>>
>>387143072
I'm not sure what you're trying yo say, but you're not dismissing anything with those, if anything you're giving the other person more fuel to reply with more subjetive things, going nowhere.
>>
>>387143239
>they sell the dock without the screen
It wouldn't be called the SWITCH without the screen you fucking moron.
>>
>>387143296
I'm saying that the anon making the rebuttal got accused by the other anon for replying with opinions to his posts as if his were objective fact, and that no argument was presented by that anon in the first place.
>>
>>387143472
then we're agreeing, but my point is also that the anon replying to that post also didn't do better
>>
>>387143336
the dock isn't a console
>>
File: 100.png (796KB, 1125x1095px) Image search: [Google]
100.png
796KB, 1125x1095px
>>387125396
*blocks your GOTY*
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.