[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

grimoire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: HDaDOSo.png (248KB, 589x731px) Image search: [Google]
HDaDOSo.png
248KB, 589x731px
Eh.... Not bad.
>>
File: 34896534.gif (1MB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
34896534.gif
1MB, 268x268px
FRIENDLY REMINDER

The small minority of prolific samefags that support the game blindly should be ridiculed or avoided. Their posts are redundant and easy to spot often including:

>Sape (negative)
>Thal (positive)
>Incline
>Blobber
>The spelling "Grimwah"
>Pressure to purchase Grimoire
>Contempt for the pirating of Grimoire
>Claims that uploaded copies of Grimoire contain viruses, bitcoin miners, keyloggers
>Insults and slurs intended to bait someone named Andrew
>Labeling of the game's art style as competent to gorgeous
>Labeling of the game's detractors as "Goons" or "Weebs"
>Stale memes
>a heavy reliance on buzzwards
>Idolatry involving Cleveland Blakemore
>Prejudices within the genre based on game region
>Grandstanding
>Elitism
>Rabid belligerence
>Ignorance regarding good game design
>Ignorance regarding good writing
>Ignorance regarding color theory
>Ignorance regarding math and the interactivity of simple systems

Poor reasoning and argumentative skills are also characteristic. When faced with logic they'll adopt a veteran gamer stance and insist their opponent is better suited playing games generally regarded as casual, i.e. "Go back to Skyrim, kid." Or the new favorite, "You haven't even played Wizardry."

Bottom of the barrel shitposts from rookie anglers.
>>
File: Z0oeYct.png (202KB, 575x481px) Image search: [Google]
Z0oeYct.png
202KB, 575x481px
other ending
>>
>pls mega
We need 1.2.0.21
>>
>>387123578
bump
>>
>>387124363
Why?
The ending is just right there.
>>
>>387122996
whos the mexican lady?
>>
File: 1497715125607.jpg (35KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1497715125607.jpg
35KB, 640x427px
>touch deathstone
>everyone dies
>game crashes
>>
>>387125961
>even the game is killed
as intended.
he fixed every last bit of picoissue after all.
>>
>>387125895
i think that's a chink
>>
>>387123082
So was it really 600 hours of content?
>>
>>387125961
Clearly working as intended.

How else would the game deliver 600 hours of m̶a̶s̶o̶c̶h̶i̶s̶m̶ incline in a single playthrough.

Had the game not crashed your primitive sap mind could've exploded; fortunately I programmed safeguards against such possibilities and at no extra charge.

My Thal masterpiece has been updated to 1.2.0.22

Only ~1000 pico issues remaining.
>>
>>387126758
How the fuck do you cross out words
Since when this is a thing
>>
So it was 600 hours easily clearable in 30-40 like everyone has already said?
>>
>>387126919
Possessing superpowers like this is how you can see I'm the only true Thal Übermensch in existence.

Or maybe I just used a strikethrough generator...
https://saijogeorge.com/strikethrough-text-generator/
>>
>>387127086
I'm g̶a̶y̶ straight.
>>
Honestly, as someone who's invested 40h+ (and will probably finish the game at some point), I wouldn't really recommend it.

Stats have been tested by multiple users to be largely irrelevant. The only noticeable one is speed, and you might as well just dump leftover points into destiny.

They aren't even used to class change because you finish the game before you even hit level 10. You also don't learn prestige class skills, so there isn't even a point in class changing, except for stats, which, yep, irrelevant.

Some NPCs (cough Rosy, and Raghilda) come with base stats in the 60-80s. Then you get a horde of human clerics with base stats in the 20s. But, I suppose it doesn't matter if stats don't matter. Basically, character creation is largely meaningless except for what race you are to determine regen, and speed.

Combat past a certain point largely boils down to lethal blow/sleep/deep freeze/status abuse. For people who say you can do without and to find an alternative, I think you're a shitlord.

Dungeon crawling is fun, and I enjoy the game enough, but you're probably better off just playing Wizardry 6-8 and don't let memeing codexian shitlords tell you otherwise.
>>
>>387126713
Nope, barely 85 hours.
>>
Is Cleve a bigger liar than Todd Howard?

The answer is yes.
>>
>>387126713
If you were to watch a 2 hour movie by manually going from frame to frame would this movie now have 600 hours of content?

Cleve seems to think tedium is a feature tand value add.
>>
>Self proclaimed programming god
>IQ of a genius
>Saved multinational corporations from bankruptcy with his software
>Has developed software that has ran on its own for years, never needing any maintenance
>Develops a game for 20 years
>Its full of bugs
WTF??? WTF??? WTF??? WTF???
??? ????? ??????

Wait, not enough question marks: ?????? ?????? ????
>>
where is 1.2.0.21

also where the fuck are all 4 of the pieces of fishing line, i have only found 3
>>
>>387130883
you mean 1.2.0.22
>>
>>387130883
>>
>>387131013
jesus i have 100 scouting and i didnt see that, i hope that is the one i am missing, time to find out
>>
What's up with the locked do in the Temple Baths?
>>
protip: Dangersense is the cheapest mapping spell, and can be used to fill out your automap even at low levels

plus pre-combat buffing makes you feel clever
>>
>>387132064
>plus pre-combat buffing makes you feel clever
unless you paid grimoire and did not pirate it in which case you should feel retarded
>>
>>387132241

how are those crashes and unpassable bugs treating you sape?

meanwhile I'm cruising through in the latest version

actually I'm playing 1.2.0.1
>>
>>387132056
you will be able to open it later
>>
who /climbing-up-and-down-cliffs/ here?

Spent ten minutes doing this before I remembered my Cleric knows Featherfall.
>>
>>387122996
Kys Barney fag Andrew
>>
Been playing the game for a while now and I enjoy it but the more I learn about the game the less I feel in control of my party set-up. I've looked into Wizardry 6 and that looks much more what I'm after, but how dated are the mechanics in comparison to this game?

Grimoire is my first dungeon crawler and it does feel slow compared to modern games but does Wizardry 6 have things like auto-mapping or the auto-walk system? I'm finding those both to be rather convenient, what about quests, is it one of those games where if you didn't pick up an item or talk to the right person 50 hours ago you can't progress? I've been burned by older games before.
>>
>>387132350
Later when?
>>
>>387132728
when you have gone through samhain
>>
>>387132752
Ok, great. Thank you anon.
>>
Someone competent please travel into teh Future and get us Grimoire Extended v2.0.0.1 with the V2+V3+V4 changes and all multiclassing working, assassins, jesters metalshmiths working.
>>
How do you get past dream's dude cobwebs?
>>
File: cir4308535.png (235KB, 344x433px) Image search: [Google]
cir4308535.png
235KB, 344x433px
I can't wait for mods to be added so anyone can make a better and longer game
>>
>>387123578
>>387130883
Fuck off already. The game is being updated constantly, sometimes a few times a day. Did you really think someone would be supplying you regularly with all the updates? Just buy the fucking the game or stick with what you've got.
>>
>>387133482
By having .21 or newer.
>>
>>387133482

sleep, perchance to dream

The place you need to sleep on is marked "Can not rest on this tile", and was fixed in a recent patch.
>>
>>387133538
>Grimwah
>Mods
Pick one.

Either the code ends up being too haphazard to mod for or Cleve will personally go out of his way to kill any attempts to mod his game.

Plus, people only mod games that they give a shit about and this game's audience is shrinking.
>>
>Greech the Leech appears
ooh, is this that werewolf people have mentioned?
>he's just a wolfman

am I racist
>>
>>387133607
pls 1.2.0.22 Update
>>
>>387132598
You'll miss auto-map and auto-walk, probably.
>>
>>387122901
So is this actually enjoyable to its niche audience? I'm not part of it so I wouldn't be able to tell either way
>>
how much was the discount? I'd probably buy it at 50%, so please tell me it was less than that to avoid regret.
>>
>>387134458
>10%
>>
>>387132598
Wiz 6 is fucking great, I'm no RPG expert but I tried it blind a few years ago and got half-way through, if you want to finish the game you'll have to optimize to hell with a guide or prepare to restart with a new comp until you find one that works. You should map out the dungeons yourself, but honestly I got pretty far with just memorizing the levels, it's pretty well designed
>>
>>387134415
>So is this actually enjoyable to its niche audience?
Not really, go through the archives and even the shills don't bother talking about the game, only about how everyone who hates the game is some flavor of plebian while saying that every other game in existence is either casual and obsolete for...reasons (pic related).
>>387134458
>how much was the discount?
It was like 10% off initially and Cleve's not planning on making another anytime soon. Honestly, take the $40 you would've spent and invest it in a few dungeon crawlers on either steam or GOG.
>>
>>387128784
Dump stats? How shocking! Who could have seen this coming? It wasn't patently obvious when he started bragging about there being like 50 of them.

This game is shit and the only reason why people care is because Cleve is a funny shitposter. He should stick to shitposting and leave the game development business.
>>
>>387132598
Should be virtually impossible to fuck yourself over in regards to necessary objects and if you really must there is an automap tool.
>>
File: grimwah stats complete.png (1MB, 1262x1114px) Image search: [Google]
grimwah stats complete.png
1MB, 1262x1114px
>>387134781
>Dump stats?
It's worse than that, most of them don't do anything.
>>
>>387134415
>So is this actually enjoyable to its niche audience?
Fuck no. It's a terrible game, would have flown under the radar easily at the time when the genre was popular
>>
>>387134883
>>387134781
>>387128784
ITS A FEATURE
>>
>>387134883

I assume they're used as multipliers in skill checks
>>
>>387135086
No, they're basically used as prereqs that you'd have to fulfill before you can get a particular class, which would be fine, but apparently none of the advanced class skills carry over when you get, say, and assassin.

So overall, a wasted investment.
>>
>>387134779
>even the shills
come on this is obviously an ironic thing. The whole thing has great meme potential, thats why they push it
>>
>>387136413
There's a point where ironic shitposting goes too far though. You know that image I posted >>387134779 and shit? Someone said that in regards to DWARF FORTRESS!
>>
>>387134883
How to spend your stat points:
-100 agi, str only if you're hitting the weight limit
-dont use a single point before lvl 10 because its insanely easy to miss the stat requirements for assassin/jester (pretty sure you need to savescum and add starting points into attributes for jester). This is of course assuming you drop Grimoire for a few months/years and only play when multiclassing is actually working.
>>
>>387137763
100 speed*
>>
>>387137763
lol
>>
>>387130826
It's not his fault! It's the pirates who put viruses into his game!
>>
share the link
>>
Grimoire Midi Music MOD:

To use a different MIDI soundfont than the default, then, you need to do a few annoying steps:

1. Find a sf2 soundfont online
2. Use a paid-for version of Awave Studio, which is the only program this works in, to convert the sf2 file to a dls vile, the soundfont type Windows uses by default
3. Copy the new dls file into /windows/sysWOW64/drivers (or /windows/system32/drivers on 32-bit systems), and then rename your new dls file "gm.dls" after backing up the default gm.dls file inside that folder

The first two steps are very annoying. Fortunately I've done the first two steps and found a soundfont that I think is a nice alternative to the default Windows MIDI option.

Remember to BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL GM.DLS FILE BEFORE REPLACING IT WITH THIS NEW, HIGHER-DEF ONE.

The URL is:

mega (dot) nz / #!LZQxxK5A!PW0i1ukHvkgFkmIhGi5njHYB_4S-T_0w6Ks0Kdr82gY

This is the easiest way of distributing the default file. Let me know if there's an easier way to do this on the Steam forums.

(FWIW if you want to hear what it sounds like, check out my Grimoire VODs on twitch dot tv / fairlysadpanda, the latter ones of which use the new MIDI soundfont and IMO sound quite a bit better than default.)
>>
So why is job changing even in the game if you finish the game before lvl 10? Is there supposed to be some super hardcore secret dungeon?
>>
>>387133607
its not like its big file or encrypted
so deliver or shut the fuck up
>>
>>387142465
Because it was in Wizardry 6/7
>>
>>387142465
dlc or part 2 is coming for the next 40 bucks
>>
>>387142465
Cleve has literally never played his game from start to finish.
>>
>>387142465
Because Cleve has no idea what he is doing.
Not only is it broken as fuck so he never actually tested it, but he said there was a soft exp cap after lvl 20 because it gets too hard to level up. Turns out you wont ever get past 11 unless you grind like crazy, exp needed is 2.5x each level so that adds up pretty fucking fast, specially when new monsters give a random ammount of exp.
Its pretty common for a miniboss to give less exp than a random encounter in the same dungeon.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.