/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

could Hotline Miami be considered a popular game? it seems to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: hotline.png (234KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hotline.png
234KB, 1600x900px
could Hotline Miami be considered a popular game? it seems to be one of those "you fucking adore it" or "meh" things, which makes it out to be make it more of a cult classic. what's /v/'s opinion?
>>
It's a masterpiece.
>>
I wish 1 had more levels. 2 just isn't as fun.
>>
>>387113047
2 was alright, the maps were too big tho
>>
>>387112931
Cult classic for sure.
>>
File: HOTLINEMIAMI2.png (8KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
HOTLINEMIAMI2.png
8KB, 202x250px
>>387113047
I thought hm2 kinda did well with story but gameplay felt weird for me. "Seizure" was fucking awesome
>>
>>387113047
2 is completely superior to 1 in every possible way
>>
>>387112931
It's popular, but just a rung below proper mainstream popular.
Like, larger than a cult following, but not by a lot.
>>
>>387112931
I'm pretty in the middle with it, the gameplay was enjoyable and fun but never gave a shit about the story.
>>
>>387113107
It's not just the maps. It's the lack of choice from masks. And some of the levels are just ridiculously cheap and shitty. Beating HM2 on hard mode sometimes just boils down to plain luck.
>>
>>387113426
>Beating HM2 on hard mode sometimes just boils down to plain luck.

I just don't understand this, i'm not some get gud meming fag but what did you have trouble with?

Anytime you are struggling just let off a shot and stand at a door and pick people off.
>>
File: download-1.jpg (6KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
6KB, 292x172px
>>387113525
the doors seemed a lot more sensitive in HM2, so it felt like shit to just create a train, accidentally knock 1 down while killing 2, and getting killed by the survivor
>>
>>387113525
Not him, but Dead Ahead is pretty much the epitome of the shitty level design in hlm2 and I cannot for the life of me even come close to beating it on hard mode.
>>
>>387113047

I like both but I have the same problem with Puzzle Agent 2: the game is better but ruins the magic behind the first have by giving you a tour behind the trick instead of doing something new
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.