[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KOA:Reckoning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

Why did this game fly relatively under the radar? are there just weird flaws i'm not seeing?
>>
The combat system was good.
However, the rest of the game reeked with generic mediocrity.
That being said, I actually had a lot of fun with it and wouldn't mind replaying it sometime soon.
>>
>offline mmo with all the cheap garbage that comes with it being a real mmo

AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE
>>
>>387104772
It plays a little like an offline MMO with a lot of fetch quests. There just wasn't anything really remarkable about it.

I enjoyed it despite that
>>
What part are you up to?

The end falls apart. Serious drop in quality. Also very repetitive towards the end. Game ending bugs.

Though honestly it was under marketed. They ran out of money.
>>
This game broke a fucking state.
>>
>level for enemies is balanced around the first time you arrive to a new area making combat absurdly easy over time
>generic as fuck story
>not lewd enough
>>
>>387104772
It tried to market itself as a dark souls clone.
Needless to say, all dark souls clones have failed.

Also it has a generic and stupid name.
Kingdoms of Amalur means nothing because it's a new franchise, adding a subtitle to something that doesn't mean anything to anyone is an exercise in stupidity.
>>
>>387104772

Reminder that this game was so bad it bankrupted Rhode Island.
>>
>>387104772
It was a rare instance of a passion project that got money behind it and of course, normies rejected it.

Not that it was great, but it had potential.
>>
File: 1498018427908.gif (851KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498018427908.gif
851KB, 400x300px
Its an offline MMO.

I'm replaying it after not playing it since launch and enjoying myself. I am an autistic retard though. If i still had any friends i'm sure i'd just be playing a real MMO like FFXIV still to fill the void.
>>
Alyn Shir is my waifu
>>
The first 10 hours were insanely comfy. I am so glad I played it.
>>
>>387104949
>the end

All of that. I got a little ways into the final island and completely dropped the game. I just had no more interest to even see the ending.
>>
>the city of Curt "enough of these fucking kikes" Schilling
>>
>>387104772

It's filled with MMO filler, and the storyline is sterile. In particular, none of the characters whether in towns or in cutscenes comes across as anything other than a cardboard cutout designed to advance the plot.

I got 40 hours in and realized I was bored to death. Despite playing for 40 hours less than a year ago, I could not name a single character from the entire game.
>>
>>387104772
It didn't go under the radar newfag.
>are there just weird flaws i'm not seeing?
It's the most single generic RPG ever, and boring as fuck past the first missions
>>
>>387104772

Might have been good, but the execution was generic as fuck.

>takes place in a world where fate and destiny are inescapable concepts with measurable effects
>your character is the one being that can defy these forces and alter predetermined outcomes
>instead of running with this cool idea and exploring themes of free will and predestination, it's just another shitty "ancient evil awakens" story

Couldn't be asked to give a fuck, honestly.
>>
The Fae were an interesting concept.They are fiction-kin, the race.
>>
>>387105090
>dark souls clone
what the fuck? It was an MMO clone, and is nothing like dark souls AT ALL, you people are fucking retarded
>>
This game had a pretty huge marketing push on release. It definitely did not fly under the radar and I would have said it was forgotten except there are threads about it on /v/ every week.
>>
I really liked the setting and story, and the combat was fine.
Too many MMO side quests and most characters weren't properly used, however.
It COULD have been great if it was more polished (much more polished). Too bad that instead of it they tried to make the MMORPG and went bankrupted.

But the lore about the elven people being doomed to repeat the stories, and the MC being able to steal the destiny of others was great.
>>
>>387105590
Sorry, I was mistaking it for the OTHER generic western fantasy game Lords of the Fallen.
>>
>>387104772
Its a game that was most likely heavily inspired by great games like God of War, DMC, Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls.

Except the developers didn't know how to actually make a good game so everything was fucky.
Combat system had an anti-juggling mechanic. Skill "tree" was garbage.
Poor enemy variety.
Piss easy gameplay even without abusing crafting.
Gameplay doesn't really change for the entire game.
Story wasn't interesting.
Choices in quests don't matter or even seem to register in the game world (solve undead problem in zone by ending the curse, undead continue to spawn.)
Did I mention the game was piss easy? Because it was piss easy.
>>
>>387104772
Well, it was all just a bit generic.

It wasn't bad, it was just mediocre.

Although, it did almost bankrupt the entire State of Rhode Island, so that's something.
>>
>>387104772
If you didn't see any flaws in this game you might as well just start playing WoW and never stop.
>>
>>387105314
All I remember is the hot elf and Obi-Wan.
>>
File: 1418429982186.jpg (164KB, 640x697px) Image search: [Google]
1418429982186.jpg
164KB, 640x697px
>>387104772
It's a Skyrim ripoff, down to the thieves guild. I put in 10 hours of play thinking it gets better, but nope.
>>
Because it was a painfully generic offline mmo
>>
>>387105769
Whoever was behind it had some fun ideas though. There's a reason people keep bringing it up every once in awhile, it's one of the great curiosities of gaming that people will play through the game and maybe enjoy it but still come away hating it with a passion.
I was the same. But I think what it did do well was the classes, the omniclass idea was pretty cool even if, like everything else, it was useless because everything was ripped apart in seconds anyways.
>>
>>387104772
>Baseball player gets a loan from Rhode Island to start 38 studios.
>Started out as an MMORPG.
>Todd fucking McFarlane helps with art design.
>Went through development hell.
>Later got turned into an ARPG.
>Launched to mixed reviews and little hype.

I personally enjoyed it but you can feel the MMOishness in it.
>>
If you play the demo you've pretty much seen everything worth seeing.
>>
>>387105220
She's the ONLY fucking one lmao. Any way OP, the game was just uninspired and generally generic as fuck. Personally, I didn't much care for the WoW-esque cartoony aesthetics.
>>
>>387104772
It's basically western made Dragons Dogma, only difference is you haven't any braindead companions.

But has the same generic plot, boring and barren open world. The combat is decent.
>>
I like this game but I've tried to play through it three times and each time I just kept forgetting it existed. It's enjoyable, but it's completely forgettable.
>>
>>387104919
>The combat system was good.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.