[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about this game? It is fun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

What do you think about this game? It is fun?
>>
best platinum game
>>
>>387104705
great fun, solid Platinum combat. would recommend
>>
>>387104705
It's amazing. Sequel when?
>>
Pretty fun, optimus and bumblebee were the only two I cared to play as, but I've seen some players do crazy shit with grimlock
>>
File: IMG_1997.jpg (61KB, 480x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1997.jpg
61KB, 480x552px
Masterpiece. Makes up for the shit show that was ROTDS.
>>
File: TransformersDevastation.webm (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
TransformersDevastation.webm
3MB, 1600x900px
>>387104705
Its a platinum game in all its sense of the word.
>shit artificial difficulty
>parry or dodge, no block button at the cost of less HP
>change the gameplay for the sake of not bore you, but ends up being anoying
>need to play it like 7 or more times to grind upgrades and weapons to a proper balance
Play it once on hard, and forget about it, its the best you can do
>>
>>387105672
artificially easy maybe
>>
Post weapons.
>>
I wish more information was out there about the shader they used besides "dude we watched the movie lmao"
>>
It's Bayonetta featuring transformers with random loot so yeah
>>
File: thanks dodge.webm (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
thanks dodge.webm
3MB, 1600x900px
>>387105740
>all enemies become those tanks
>they go faster and face you one on one like ASS creed
>they take hit harder and you die faster
More like anoying level rather than difficulty, and this, since you become a dark souls spinning sanic, you dont even control them properly, 2 shorts, 1 long, and no way to change it, so you get ejected from where you want to be sometimes.
>>
>>387105771
>>
File: Wow_stop_posting_anytime.png (187KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
Wow_stop_posting_anytime.png
187KB, 361x691px
>using anything but fists
>>
>>387104705
My favorite Platinum game, partly because I'm a huge Transformers fan and partly because it's tons of fun and has so many nods and homages to every single Transformers universe and media. My only complaint is not being able to also fight Bruticus, Abominus, and Predaking.

Grimlock is the best way to play it.
>>
It's a pretty decent game, not worth fifty dollars though

>>387106495
Zeke shouldn't you be working
>>
>>387104705
Fun game, great OST too. It could have done without the loot system though.
>>
>>387106432
>play Bumblebee for first time
>OH MY GOD I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING FIST OF THE METAL STAR, JESUS CHRIST!

Though there is something to be said for the weapons that only Optimus can use. Sometimes it's just so satisfying to send someone flying with a gigantic glowing warhammer.
>>
File: ebin.gif (128KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.gif
128KB, 497x501px
God-Tier Soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_DeaSFeIGA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQODg8KOvjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k44o6z9fSD0
>>
>>387104705
not the best platinum game but it was pretty damn good sequel never ;_;
>>
File: Menasor.jpg (117KB, 937x396px) Image search: [Google]
Menasor.jpg
117KB, 937x396px
When this happened I nearly had a heart attack. One was bad enough, but BOTH of them at once?

Was using Wheeljack, too, that was quite the experience.
>>
>>387108464
Cant remember if on prime or magnus difficulty you also face the insecticon combiner in there.
>>
>>387107747
>No Starscream, Motormaster, or motherfucking SHOCKWAVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCsgRt4fm0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y12WzCtpxtI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQODg8KOvjQ
>>
>>387108761
>no shockwave

Nigga it was literally the second link.
>>
>>387108876
I'm retarded. I thought that said Soundwave at first.
>>
>>387108742
There's no Insecticon combiner in the game, but there are gigantic Ancient Insecticons in the second chapter.
>>
>>387104705
I liked it, but I think I'll never play it again. It's very much a rental instead of a full purchase, or if you receive it as your "free" game for whatever console-premium service you have (I got mine on the PS3 PS+). Generally though, I tend to dislike Platinum and have a hard time enjoying myself with their games, admittedly though, I would like more of their games to be like this one.
>>
File: Grimlock Chomping Combos.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Grimlock Chomping Combos.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>387109959
I loved that fight but fuck Blitzwing's super armor, Grimlock's melee attacks are pretty much the only way to make him stop moving and attacking.

>uses ice in plane mode and fire in tank mode just like his Animated counterpart

The amount of fanservice in this game still makes me orgasm.
>>
>>387104705
The best Transformers game by a huge margin
>Perfectly mixes Fighting, Shooting, and Driving
>Transformation plays into combat rather than dividing it
>Absolutely beautiful graphics
>Tons of weapons
>Nails the cheesy and outlandish tone of the original series
>You can play as Goldbug and Nemesis Prime, who has his own unique lines

Sadly, this is a hollow victory since it has some harsh shortcomings
>Weapons work in a loot grinding system, meaning you have to spend tons of time killing enemies to get a chance of getting a good weapon with good stats which you need on later difficulties
>The level design is bland and lazy, even by Platinum standards
>Heavy asset reuse, especially with the few types of enemies
>Combat is only good in that its almost totally ripped off of Bayonetta
>No Lock-on
>Goldbug and Nemesis Prime are DLC

Still, it's worth it just for moments like >>387109959 Get it for no more than $20 for everything.
>>
This and the TMNT game are my favorite Platinum licensed games. Too bad Korra fucking blew.
>>
>>387107747
>>387108761
>posting soundtracks
>no Soundwave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9v41R2jr9E

I am disappoint
>>
Totally fucking ruined by the loot system and being balanced around it. Would have been perfect other wise.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>387109959
>Grabbing Blitzwing and dragging him along the ground
>>
>>387111110
that move alone is what puts Grimrock miles above the other three for me.

They must have held back on the others because he has no right so much more fun than theirs
>>
>>387104705
Negative mouse acceleration. I'd avoid if you're not a consolebab, or a traitor that uses controllers on PC
>>
>>387111032
Personally I enjoy loot systems like this, making my own uber weapons is a lot of fun.
>>
>was free on ps+
>forgot to get it
I'm still fucking mad.
>>
>>387111206
>the other three

Four. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, and Sideswipe.
>>
>>387111228
why would you put yourself through using kbm for a third person beatemup

name a single game where it's not awful compared to a controller
>>
>bought it on sale for 30$
>it goes on ps+ few months later
At least it had best girl, Lambor.
>>
>>387111331
I forgot about Wheeljack, and Sideswipe too honestly. They both just felt so boring compared to the rest. Were they secretly any good or something or was I right to just ignore them once I got past their forced levels?
>>
hey remember how /y/ had a transformers thread that was almost a year old haha
>>
>>387111458
Not secretly better or anything like that, but their playstyles can be fun. Wheeljack's variety of ranged weapons and inventions can be fun and Sideswipe's hit-and-run style is pretty safe and flashy. Personally I use either Optimus or Grimlock, though, I like the big slow strong characters.
>>
>>387110872
Soundwave's theme is my fucking jam.
Devastator's was pretty cool when he got serious.
https://youtu.be/sxjbxF42_Tw
>>
File: dog.jpg (32KB, 387x505px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
32KB, 387x505px
>>387111639
>>
>>387111749
they just felt like middle road between Prime and Bumblebee for me, which would be fine if Prime wasn't already the middle road character anyway. Maybe if they had some exclusive weapons instead of Prime just being able to use everything there would be more reason to play them.

Plus the fucking truck slams, how could you give those up
>>
>>387111775
of just the transformers

haha
>>
>>387104705
Reasonably fun, some hype moments and music, not enough level variety, enemy design is pretty bland, really short.
I would never replay it, but it was fun.
>>
>>387111951
This is from the wiki for Sideswipe.

>Sideswipe had by far the fastest vehicle mode among the Autobots under Optimus's command. His fighting style was oriented toward melee combat over ranged. His overdrive ability let him dash forward with temporary invulnerability, while his ultimate attack allowed him to use his shoulder-mounted rocket launcher for a short time to attack enemies. He possessed two unique weapons- "Sideswipe's Swords" and a Flaregun that functioned as a short-range flamethrower. Like his fellow Autobot Bumblebee, he wasn't strong enough to use heavy weapons such as most missile and grenade launchers available to the Autobots.
>>
>>387112541
I forgot about the swords, I thought they were just the same as the twin swords that prime could also use
>>
>>387104705
its like a 90s beat em up
>multiple characters with different stats
>5+ levels
>bosses
>combos
>eye candy
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.