[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on the XBOX ONEX /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

I went PS4 after my 360 died a couple years ago ... been thinking of going back.

What do you think /v/?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/11/15774918/microsoft-xbox-one-x-release-date-price-new-console-announced-e3-2017
>>
>>387097297
I think the pro and Xbox x are a huge mistake that will eventually destroy console gaming then the pc market will destroy itself.
>>
>>387097297
It literally has no games worth playing. I don't understand how a hardware upgrade is going to fix that.
>>
>>387097618
I'm interested anon, can you elaborate? Think I should just stick with my ps4 slim 1tb?
>>
Consoles aren't 100% terrible, but they will be since their execution is getting worse.

Trying to go toe-to-toe with PC specs is ridiculous when most games could barely get 1080p/60fps right. So they decide to just jump to "4k" all of a sudden?

Not to mention these "refreshes" are utterly pointless. Even if the One X is stronger than the Pro, devs would just program for the lowest denominator. Not to mention the fact that almost all microsoft games going forward are on PC as well, making the Xbox One X superfluous.

To cap it all off, both Sony and Microsoft acknowledged that they expect the vast majority of consoles they sell to be PS4 Slims and Xbox One S units. Why bother with these new more powerful systems when you know you'll sell more of your cheaper to make "entry model"?
>>
>>387097841
The spec race leads to poor optimization we don't need to fix it throw more power at the problem kind of like what happened with batman arkham knight on pc.console refreshes will burn the industry out and the games will be broken.
>>
>>387097618
Agreed. They felt rushed isn`t it? Or most likely the original xbox one and ps4 were rushed
>>
>>387100157
>original xbox one and ps4 were rushed
This both companies were surprised they sold so well pc gamers had declared consoles dead and Sony an ms believed them.
>>
>>387097297
I think the best part of playing Xbox is Xbox Live - and that's pretty much dead honestly - Halo is dead, Gears of War changed, and Xbox isn't king anymore so multiplat games like Destiny/COD are better to play on PS4
>>
Even today, I regret my 360 purchase while at the same time saying that it was the RIGHT decision. To be honest I wasn't a weeb yet and the 360's price was in range while the PS3 was like what... 600 usd? The early days of the 360 were also very good times.

>Fast forward to late 360
3 red rings of death, less and less Japanese games, focus more on great america dude bros, the dashboard was filled with ADs. that shit caused me to dislike my purchase and regret not buying a PS3. But the later years of PS3 was fucking godlike.

And then XBone happen with basically no support from Japan. Why the fuck would I buy a Xbox ONEX? I don't play, I don't buy, and I don't own Western Cinematic Experiences. Buying a PS4 this gen was the RIGHT decision.
>>
>>387097297
Looks pointless. The only thing it has going for it is it exclusives, but it has none. Every multiplat game is still going to be priority of PS4 due to its install base, and the XboneX is just going to get a ported PS4 Pro version.
>>
kinda sorta not related but what does a 360/ps3 go for nowadays? gamestop offered 35 for each. is that fair?

where should i sell it btw?
>>
File: 45115047.png (835KB, 3850x2275px) Image search: [Google]
45115047.png
835KB, 3850x2275px
>>387097297
/v/ loves to meme about the Xbone because of how hard it fell flat on its face a few years ago, but it's a legitimately good console and the underdog of this generation. I use the backwards compatibility feature a lot, and it has a decently sized library, the most standout titles being games like Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive.
>>
>>387097297
>What do you think /v/?

new gpu > ps4 slim > switch > ps4 pro > mobile gaming > ? > xbox one x the ultimate brick at 499
>>
Honestly forgot it was a thing until I saw this thread.
>>
File: 1502480046840.jpg (13KB, 236x363px) Image search: [Google]
1502480046840.jpg
13KB, 236x363px
I think Microsoft focusing on specs was a short sided idea. All their games suck with low meta scores and nobody talks about them, they have zero exclusives since they ported all their games to PC. What's the point of this console exactly? Why wouldn't I upgrade to PC or wait for the PS5 since it actually has high profile exclusive games
>>
>>387101050
>the most standout titles
I think you meant ONLY titles
>>
>>387097770

Rarereplay and halo are worth playing.
>>
>>387101050
Xbone definitely has some good features like backwards compatibility and solid online gaming they just need to try harder with 3rd and first party exclusives which to be fair Sony didn't have till the beginning of this year.
>>
File: wallhaven-116755.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-116755.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>387101629

A lot of internal issues with their last batch of games. They've restructured immensely in the past 2 years (Fable Legends got gutted, Scalebound canceled for example).

Some insider spoke up after some closed door meetings at E3 that Microsoft is focusing heavily on new IPs and there is a "Zelda/Horizon Dawn" style game being designed and expect E3 2018 to be all about new games.

They've been living off hardcore fans tho, frankly as an idort I love my Xbox, but I play my PS4 and Switch a lot also.
>>
I got a Xbone at launch and haven't turned it on in 2 years. There's just no games on this system that can't run and play better on PC, my friend sold his and just bought a 360 to play the old games he missed and I'm starting to think I should've done the same, I doubt the Xbox one has any resale value at this point, what a horrible console purchase.

Defiantly getting a PS4 later this year though because the exclusives, if I could go back in time I would have never bought this. The Xbox ONE x is just a Xbox one with more specs, I don't need it, I need games for my system.
>>
It has less exclusive games because weebs don't care about Xbox at all and western devs are kikes who release their games on every platform.
I like how it looks, but that's because I enjoy Microsoft aesthetics in general (the whole Metro stuff is the tech equivalent to brutalism). Also it runs better than a PS4.
>>
>>387101629
>>I think Microsoft focusing on specs was a short sided idea
I'd rather have a console that works than one that doesn't.
>Have an Xbone
>Quiet as a mouse
>Have a PS4
>Sounds like a fucking vacuum cleaner

>>they have zero exclusives since they ported all their games to PC
PC literally doesn't matter when talking about console exclusives.
>>
>>387101950
Yeah I wouldn't trust anything Microsoft is developing to be any good untill next gen.

Sony only started pumping out great games because they started building their first parties last generation and now the results are showing. Modern Microsoft can't make good shit to save its life besides yearly forza games.

I don't trust MS when it's clear that thought ''we need to make a zelda/horizon clone quick and jump on that trend, how do we buy that??'' attitude. Even if this Horizon / Zelda clone turns out to look semi decent, there's fuck all else on Xbox systems to justify buying their consoles for, it's not just exclusives either, Microsoft as a company uses so many heavy handed tactics and slander bullshit for me to ever want to touch their products, Microsoft is cancer to video games and I have yet to see my image of them change.
>>
>>387102009
If you have a gaming pc why would you buy any console? Just stick with the pc.
>>
>>387102223
>PC literally doesn't matter when talking about console exclusives.
>I'd rather have a console that works than one that doesn't.

>If I make up my own rules I win.

Bro you are nintendofg tier of delusional. MS doesn't give a fuck, they are just happy morons keep buying subscriptions.
>>
>>387102590
Then it's a good thing i don't buy Live then, huh. Even if I did, I can 100% say that it's blows PS+ out of the water.
>>
>>387102527
I got my Xbox first and then I bought a PC afterwards when it became clear Microsoft was flushing Xbox down the toilet and porting all its games to PC and canceling everything else they had.
I only want a PS4 for the exclusives and Microsoft is on that free to play games as a service bullshit anyway, I regrte buying my bone so bad.
>>
File: fresh prince.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fresh prince.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>387097297
Pic related.
>>
>>387100157
definitely agree that the pro seemed rush, maybe not necessarily the same for the one x. I know some people think the ps5 would come out some time around 50% 4k adoption rate and that seemed like a good time for all of this. Really i think this generation was a one off for this refresh thing, mainly due to the change to 4k resolution. My bet is that 2019/2020. We will see a ps5 and xbox two that can deliver 4k/30 fps easily and 4k/60 for a good amount of games when properly done.
>>
>>387101446
xbox one s make sense for a 4k blu ray player while also being able to play multiplats.
>>
File: Joule.jpg (2MB, 1800x2329px) Image search: [Google]
Joule.jpg
2MB, 1800x2329px
>Buying a One X and a 4K TV later this year

Can't wait.
>>
>>387097297
my computer runs windows 10 so I have no need for an xbone
>>
>>387103501

Does your computer run Halo 3, MCC or the Rare replay?
>>
>>387097297
I think that it's a useless sack of shit

It has hardly any exclusives and it has a terrible 2.3ghz jaguar CPU which means that the framerate will largely not be a lot better than the PS4 Pro. Everyone serious about power should just build a PC
>>
>>387097297
I kinda want it just for the backwards compatibility, since my original Xbox is starting to go and my 360 is a refurbished piece of shit that is way too loud.
>>
>>387104706
2.3 hz is insane for a console though
>>
>>387104170
Not him but the only MS shit worth giving a fuck about is Forza and Killer Instinct, both of which I own on pc.
>>
>>387105772
why shit on Microsoft if your using w10 and getting games from windows store
>>
>>387105956
How am I shitting on MS? I'm just saying the only things they put out that I care about are those two series.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.