[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /v/ like poe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 15

File: 20170814021224_1.jpg (747KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170814021224_1.jpg
747KB, 2560x1440px
does /v/ like poe?
>>
RoS is literally, unironically better.
>>
>>387094394
I prefer Diablo 2,Torchlight 2 and Titan Quest
>>
>>387094394
Yep. It's pretty great.
>>
>>387094394
>Does /v/ like PoE
Well, on one side you have
>Fucking PoE is literally the best ARPG in the past 10 years and a capstone of the genre
Then you have
>0/10 fucking complete ass all assets get recycled go play Grim Dawn
And not a lot of middle ground. But then again, I guess that goes for most of games discussed on this board.
>>
The camera is an abomination.
>high angle
>not shallow depth of field
>can't be changed
>>
>>387094394
If you like playing hardcore characters I hope you're ready to lose hours and hours every time you disconnect, since the game takes like half a minute to log you out.
>>
>>387094394
it's fun until you get to level 85+
>>
>>387097763
Or random reflect mobs that can randomly spawn from anything.
>>
>>387094394
It's pretty good. I wish I could wear pants though.
>>
>>387094394
Sure, but I don't see what a poet has to do with video games.
>>
>>387094394
i really do. leveling scorching ray trickster right now and just hit act10. 6 linked a cloak of defiance for myself, that was a good feel
>>
>>387094394
Shit, I thought it was a thread about that nigga writing scary spoopy spooky book in the 1800.

It's always about this fag Lovecraft and never him. Shit's unfair.
>>
>>387098017
quoth the raven
you're a fag
>>
What the fuck did they do to performance after 2.0 this shit is unplayable for me
>>
>>387097763
Yeah but it's not like you lose your character, they're just transferred to standard.
>>
>>387098017
>>387098228
lmao u guys xd
kys you're selves
>>
>>387097763
>Not 3rd world with a toaster
>Live literally on top of their fucking server cluster
>5ms all day erry day
That being said, sometimes their servers go full retard and stutter 150-300ms.
Netcode still that bad?

>>387097905
Psst, dont build direct damage if you cant handle playing it.
Totem/traps or minions are the perfect builds for noobs
>>
File: 9E6TDnJ.png (48KB, 263x115px) Image search: [Google]
9E6TDnJ.png
48KB, 263x115px
Yeah, but it has loads of problems that are growing every update.
>>
>>387098627
Its not my fault I have over 2 million DPS and a random reflect mob can just spawn from Harbingers or Breaches entirely killing myself instantly.
>>
No, but I like pee
>>
No. Combat is ass the skill tree is boring.
>>
>buy ngamahmamgahu flame axe
>suddenly massive jump in power beyond anything ive seen in any game ever
>literally instant killing uber izaro and the like when before would take 10 minutes to kill one phase of cruel izaro

why the fuck doesnt EVERYONE play this build its ridiculous its beyond anything i have seen one item and you win its over
>>
i heard you need to CLICK in this game. ugh
>>
can i play offline? wheres the gold?
>>
>>387099803
>sold one for 55c just a couple days ago
>now it's down to 20c

Actually makes me want to try it
>>
PoE is THE final conclusion of the direction they took the diablo series in, it simply cannot be significantly improved

therefore they should stop trying and go do something else
>>
>>387094394
i thought it was pretty addicting
but it kept reminding me that basically souls games were the logical progression o f the genre , and infintiely better, and kept making me want to play souls games insteasd of continuing to play POE

then i went and played diablo 3, bought the necro class, and realized 1 class in diablo3 has more fun skills and spells and choices than the entire game of POE, and POE you just spam 1 skill the entire game, and basically the most generic boring game possible, and so many things lacking and poorly designed like the item/ currency/ trading/ upgrade system
>>
>>387100315
>but it kept reminding me that basically souls games were the logical progression o f the genre , and infintiely better, and kept making me want to play souls games insteasd of continuing to play POE
yeah you're probably righ-
>then i went and played diablo 3, bought the necro class, and realized 1 class in diablo3 has more fun skills and spells and choices than the entire game of POE, and POE you just spam 1 skill the entire game,
lol what the fuck are you on about, diablo 3 is just as repetitive and stupid as poe, just because you do a gay little rotation every now and then doesn't mean that the combat is any less spammy and dumb
>>
>>387100504
you want to be a contrarian shitter, go right ahead, im superior to you in everyway and you know what i say is true

have fun spamming the same 1 skill for 100 more hours before you come to terms with it, like 2 weeks later, when the FOTM hype train has died
>>
>>387094394
Cask of Amontillado was a decent read. What are some other good stories of his?
>>
>>387101262
The Gold-Bug
Fall of the House of Usher
Manuscript Found in a Bottle
Masque of the Red Death
Murders in Rue Morgue
Purloined Letter
shit I gotta find my Poe book again.
>>
>>387094394
I put like 20 hours into it 3 years ago.

I wonder how it's changed, i'm kinda tempted to reinstall.
>>
>>387101139
one overwatch crate has been deposited in your account
>>
>>387098627
>That being said, sometimes their servers go full retard and stutter 150-300ms.
The servers have been especially dogshit recently, i assume they can't handle new players from Fall release.

I've had a fucking 30 second lagspike today and people in chat were complaining at the same time so I can only assume everything was shitting itself.
>>
>>387102782
that's nothing, I had 30+ minutes of practically unplayable stuttering today, except I played a minion build and was too overpowered for the content so it didn't really matter
>>
YES i do does anyone have a 75% crit chance terminus est please I cANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE LMAO!
>>
>>387097763
>If you like playing hardcore characters I hope you're ready to lose hours and hours every time you disconnect, since the game takes like half a minute to log you out.
The fuck? Why is that a problem? Are you trying to quit mid battle to escape death or something? Cause that's just stupid and I'm glad the game takes time to log you out.
>>
>>387094394
I like most of it. What I do not like:

Needing to decide what build I'm going to play before I roll my character. It's a game, not a research project.

Suspicious RMT auctions which have an unacceptable bite into the game's economy with some obvious collusion from the devs.

Pingponging balance changes which make various stats fluctuate between excellent and worthless. I appreciate skills will be tweaked between patches but when health, shield and major defense/survival mods change so significantly as to invalidate an entire character it gets old.
>>
>>387103260
The RMTing isn't even the devs, chinks and neets just have no limits in what they are able to accomplish
>>
>>387103260
>obvious collusion from the devs.

GGG have made it clear they never wanted RMT for years now.
>>
>>387099803
what build though, cyclone?
bought one for 35c
>>
It's boring as fuck like most ARPGs
>>
>no one mentions Sacred
plebs.
>>
>>387094394
No, its a piece of shit with "beginner guides" having 0 beginner stuff, the community is a bunch of elitists fucks and the game although fun is a fucking chore.
>>
This game is the epitome of Normie Garbage. Why would I play a game where the combat is so fucking easy, all you do is press 1-2 buttons then drink a health potion every once in awhile.

Goddamn if you say the combat is "good" in this game, simply because its ultra fast spammy bullshit, you have severe retardation and an attention span of 0.3 seconds. Jesus hell, grow a brain, people.
>>
>>387103458
It has been confirmed that devs are colluding with RMT sites to make more money. There is a screencap floating around but sadly I did not save it.

The TL;DR is basically

>At one point there were dozens of Lightning Coils for sale at the beginning of a league when the fastest racers were barely at maps.
>In this same league there were Uber Atziri exclusive drops for sale, despite GGG releasing stats at the end of the league saying that not a single player had killed her.

They've gotten better at covering their shit up, but I guarantee they're still doing it.
>>
>>387105026
you can simplify anything to triviality
Quake 3 is the epitome of Normie Garbage. Why would I play a game where the combat is so fucking easy, all you do is press one button then jump every once in a while.
>>
>>387105026
>PoE
>Normie

Nigger, criticise the combat all you want. But the build mechanics are inherently not easy to understand without a guide.
>>
>>387105445
I remember this actually.
The lightning coils were related to a duping glitch involving guild stash tabs and instance resetting, the uber atziri items were from divination cards that drop in the area.
>>
>>387094394

One of my favourite games of all time, played thousands of hours since open beta, just died at 86 to a T14 corrupted springs boss, RIP.

Anyone else ever open their friends list, see them in softcore and contemplate removing them?
>>
>>387099029
>Its not my fault I have over 2 million DPS and a random reflect mob can just spawn from Harbingers or Breaches entirely killing myself instantly.
dont build direct damage if you cant handle playing it.
Totem/traps or minions are the perfect builds for noobs
>>
File: train_wreck.jpg (44KB, 618x444px) Image search: [Google]
train_wreck.jpg
44KB, 618x444px
>>387097551
>diablo 2 is better in every way
>but ima defend these mediocre games to the death because its new
>>
>>387105445
>confirmed
>by some autistic wall of text on reddit
>>
Some one suggest a fun build for me.
>>
>>387106348
ED mom trickster
>>
>>387097551
so what you're saying is that the opinions on this game range from one side to the other and the most extreme views are the loudest?
>>
>>387106438
I've basically just played ED and SRS for four leagues now.
>>
>>387106465

Its really a result of the games first act, there are 2 types of poe players, the player who made it to act 3, got invested and started to love it, and the people who died to hailrake after getting lost on the beach and turned off the game.
>>
>>387106626
Ziggys scorching ray inquis is pretty fun, if you're not a shitter and can actually get the chaos for the meta items it can also be extremely strong.
>>
>>387106212
It must be hard being retarded
>>
>>387106632
really the first 4 acts are pretty boring
Act 4 was fun at release when it had an oppressive deadly feel to it with Piety and Malachai both being incredibly powerful
Now the game really picks up with act 5 and labs
>>
>>387096730
>Torchlight 2

how can anyone like this trash

i have played literally every diablolike arpg, including abject garbage like chosen: well of souls, greed, and dawn of magic. torchlight ii is shit
>>
File: 1501015129111.jpg (673KB, 1100x908px) Image search: [Google]
1501015129111.jpg
673KB, 1100x908px
imagine if PoE had combat that didn't suck ass and a world that wasn't a randomly generated hodgepodge of nothing
>>
>>387097836
>it's fun until you get to level 85+
>>
>>387099803
>why the fuck doesnt EVERYONE play this build

because it'll be nerfed into uselessness in about four days
>>
>>387094394
The new update is causing my toaster to melt down. What is the best way to lower the GPU load?
>>
>>387106915
What do you want out of combat in an ARPG?
>>
File: 1498286076343.jpg (25KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1498286076343.jpg
25KB, 349x349px
>20 hours in
>Character still looks like a hobo
>>
>>387094394
not even slightly
>>
>>387106965
Nah large scale nerfs like that happen between leagues.
>>
>>387106813

I disagree, I actually think acts 3+4 are fine we've just played them so many times, act 4 especially is still hype as fuck for new players the first time around.
>>
>>387105026
I guess you think dark souls or nier automata isn't a normie games, lol
Only normie cares about combat so much
>>
>>387107230
You have to spend hundreds on MTXs to not look like a hobo, that's how the free-to-play model works.
>>
>>387106915

Imagine if you made it past the beach.
>>
>>387107230

They charge you $60usd to not look like a hobo, sounds pretty bad but considering the micro transaction model they have im all good with it.
>>
>>387094394
It sucks since 1.3. Also I heard ggg sold out with xbox version or what? And lootcrates every few weeks? Top kek
>>
>>387107186
challenges the player by asking for quick reaction times, precision, pattern reading and all that good stuff, is fun and fluid. you know, like any action game. and no fucking clicking
>>
>>387103095
>fighting pack of blues
>disconnect
>game is still running, without you playing
>character dies
>30 seconds later, system realizes you've been disconnected, logs you out
>log back in
>"lel you got rekt, off to scrubcore with you"
>>
Do you still need like 200% bonus life from the passive tree to remotely play melee?
>>
>>387105026
>>387105026
Let me tell you my Diablo 3 experience.

My brother brought the game, and I made a character on his account. We both play PoE, and after asking him about it, he said "Is fairly easy".

He lend me his battle net account and I made a female barbarian. Note aside, I did also played a bit of Heroes of the Storm and every class of Diablo 3's character is also a character on HotS, I found that pretty lame.

So I made a character in the highest possible difficulty, Master. My brother unlocked several Torments but I wasn't able to create a fresh character on them. I also made it Hardcore.

I made it to about the middle of Act 5, somebody was at the door so I answer it, I made sure nothing was in my fucking path but when I got back a small as fuck spider killed me because of noregen. Such is life.

The only boss that even had a chance of actively killing me was that big ass motherfucker with the jetpack and the huge gun (which is much like Kole, for poetards). That figth took me about 30-40 minutes of dodging and chipping.

Is a fucking easy game anon. I can't even imagine playing it in Expert or Hard, let alone Normal. PoE is infinitely harder.
>>
Damn good game but I'm a casual that wants to pretend it's a single player/coop game and find it hard as fuck. I'll stomp my way through random mobs but every boss is a guaranteed death or three from getting one shot or unable to see shit with all the particle effects on the ground. Balance between zones and bosses seems way off from my perspective.
>>
>>387107552

At first I just thought you just quit the game early because it has all that stuff, then you said no fucking clicking and I realised you're just a retard that doesn't even know what PoE's genre is.
>>
>>387107669
You need a melee skill that's worth using.
>>
>>387094394
I bought 25 mystery boxes and got 5 pairs of fucking boots, and like 8 white doves. No, I hate this game.
>>
File: 1478288053512.jpg (50KB, 700x390px) Image search: [Google]
1478288053512.jpg
50KB, 700x390px
>>387107230
And if you want to not look like a retard in pots and pans you only have to pay a low price of 42 dollars to deck out a single character. The worst part about that is if you complain about the absurd jewishness of it and how you'd like to support the game but can't justify that much money on something as petty as an mtx, hordes of fanboys will jump all over you for it.
>>
>>387107863
>buying mystery boxes

literally why
>>
I moved to korea like a month after PoE came out and this gook hellhole blocks just about every fun online game.
>>
It's okay, I genuinely find both PoE and D3 better than Grim Dawn though

idk why but GD is unplayable to me, everything about it rubs me the wrong way
>>
>>387107669
This is what i aim for, so probably
>>
>>387107669

You need 200% life and stacking as many other defensive options as possible to fit into your passive tree/flasks/ascendancy, this is for every build not just melee though Xd.

The only way to play melee is for there to be a strong melee skill thats basically just a ranged skill, like sunder or earthquake.
>>
>>387107863
These are such a scam, they make me feel bad and undermine any faith i had in their mtx model.
>>
>>387107565

You're either trolling or retarded, its been known for years that the DC timer for poe is 6 seconds.
>>
>>387094394
Went to level 25 and uninstalled
Boring as fuck, literally mashing one button to kill 50 zombies per second
>>
>>387107915
Buy skin transfers and get cool looking armour ingame.
>>
>>387108063
>Xd.

fuck off faggot
>>
>>387107845
>muh genre
it's an inferior control scheme for action, just because a literal 20 year old title did it doesn't mean you have to ape it like an imaginationless hack

and PoE is far too much mindless spam, you occasionally have to think on your feet and dodge a few AoE effects, but mostly you're just plowing through trash mobs, and the return fire from your side is even more simplistic and braindead

but no muh game is perfect git gud, I understand
>>
>>387108125
They still do the thing where they release the mystery box contents in the regular store after a month though, right?
>>
>>387107932
Because I like the chaos armor and I had money to spare, but it makes 0 fucking sense that in 25 boxes I get 8 duplicates. if I could just buy it straight up I would
>>
>>387107915

If PoE lives off whales buying extremely overpriced cosmetic MTX I couldn't give less of a shit.

In my mind GGG has gone so far to make sure that the ingame armour is never that good, encouraging people to buy their MTX, i also couldn't give less of a shit about this practice, do whatever to get more of that whale money.
>>
>>387108290
>muh dark souls

fuck off
>>
>>387108476
nobody mentioned dark souls
>>
>>387097763
I wonder how people even play hardcore in PoE. The amount of things capable of one shotting you is so high, even with a decent build.
>>
>>387108290
PoE is HC game, if you play it on SC you're retarded.
It's impossible to make combat like you say and still keep importance to building.
That's 2 main reasons why combat is done right, maybe they should polish it a little bit, but gamedesign is right
>>
>>387108248

This is unfortunately a very typical case for someone trying PoE for the first time, and the reason for the massive disparity between opinions on the game, if this player had played for 10 more levels he would've gotten curses, auras, lab access and would've finally had some engaging boss fights with Piety and Dominus, but instead he quit right after the vaal construct and I cant even blame him.

Also, I personally think the vaal construct needs a redesign, hes the last boss of act 2 but hes easily the easiest boss in the game, has the slowest and most boring mechanics, and is less fun to fight than brutus.
>>
>>387108728
Other builds obviously, and HC experience, yes.
You just won't come close to volatile golem(too bad they nerfed it) if you played hc enough
>>
>>387108290

PoE is about going fast, so fast that you need to be really fucking good at knowing exactly what you're fighting, stuff dies in a second, and so do you, in end game maps its about how fast you can assess threats, the constant attention makes it very engaging imo.
>>
>>387108848
His smash windup used to be a whole lot faster and his lasers used to two shot just about anybody. GGG has made nearly every single aspect about the game orders of magnitude easier than it used to be, which is an absolute shame. I very much miss running away in abject fear from one cluster of devourers only to trigger the next.
>>
>>387108728

Just died in HC at level 86 on my RF character, had about 200c invested, died in a second to a corrupted T14 springs boss, no regrets, could not even imagine playing this game on SC, just as much as you cant imagine playing it on HC.
>>
>>387108848
Even piety and dominus are boring trash assuming you know to gear for res
Early game is only really engaging when you're playing it from the perspective of someone that has enough experience to know how to level as fast as possible 3-4 levels under the area level and probably using terrible gear because you skip every rare
>>
>>387108791
HC doesn't make the combat better
character building in poe is about maximizing your dps and survivability, not in making many different playstyles avaliable. Even games like dishonored have better character building with regards to what you get out of it.
>>
too much RNG and not enough build diversity for SSF to be fun for me
trading is too shitty for HC to appeal to me
>>
>>387109092
that's because Vaal construct used to be the end of the game. Literally. Of course they had to make it an easier fight, as it's not only the second act boss.
>>
>>387109092

Leveling as gotten easier, but maps are only getting harder, shit like essences, breaches, even older stuff like spirits are making rips more frequent than ever.
>>
>>387109092
The optional outdoor escort mission in the labs is still very deadly

Labs in general are honestly probably the best content the game has except for one-offs like brine king
>>
>>387109291
Brine King was good? I stomped him effortlessly on my summoner, though that giant tide attack was cool as fuck.
>>
>>387109121

First time players dont know to gear for res, thats my point, I do kinda think Piety is pretty boring but for new players getting slapped by the frost phase would give anyone a scare, especially considering everything before Piety is a joke.
>>
>>387104718
Because while Sacred was a great game, it was riddled with bugs out the ass. And Sacred 2 was a poor sequel to it. And of course Sacred 3 is Sacred in name only
>>
>>387109138
HC making combat harder to balance, and if you focus too much on combat HC would be shit, and now it's nice, tons of emotions bad and good, with less simple combat it'd be boring to play HC just like it's already boring to lvl new chars
I won't say anything about your second statement, it's obvious you are not good at building at poe
>>
>>387103095
logout macros and disconnecting to avoid death are a common thing for hardcore players.
you cant say anything against it since its endorsed by all the streamers since they do it to and officially promoted by the company which also provides a way to instantly log your character out rather than having it remain in the game for several seconds after actually logging out.
>>
>>387109360
He probably wasn't too hard, but as an ES build it was tense as the walls closes in tighter and tighter and I had to move perfectly to get my ES recharging
>>387109401
Anyone that's played any ARPG before this should know how important res is, especially with the core audience being former Diablo II players
>>
>>387106906
have you played wolcen anon? Is it in an enjoyable state yet? Last i tried, it was a mess both stability and balance wise
>>
>>387109486

Considering how fast you die in PoE using a logout macro is a skill in itself, sure having a bleed on you and logging out 3 seconds into it cause you dont have a flask up is pretty cheesy but thats not most deaths, deaths are literally within a fraction of a second most times, identifying when death is coming and being able to successfully log out in time is harder than you think.
>>
Anybody else plays it on Xbox One? I love the game with gamepad.
>>
File: 1501626826127.jpg (92KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1501626826127.jpg
92KB, 800x534px
Yes; made a frost blades character and a summoner and am having a lot of fun. The fast as shit attack speed builds seem to be the most fun though. Also; I'm at act 10 with frost blades and have 2k life right now; shit is suffering when it comes to fighting bosses
>>
>>387109662
no.
>>
>>387109115
Damn that's harsh. Yeah I like the concept of hardcore a lot more, it gives death some actual meaning, and makes you focus on creating well rounded builds rather than pure DPS chars.

But PoE's combat mechanics juts feel too cheap for me, investing so much into your character, getting perfect resists/defenses only to be fucked in under a second.
>>
>>387107552
play a different genre dipshit. cause it sure as hell doesn't sound like arpgs are for you
>>
>>387109768
ARPGS are not diablolikes
diablolikes are not a genre
>>
>>387109584

Even if they do know how important res is the chances they are able to get 75/75/75 on their first character by Piety is obviously unlikely as fuck, and they also wouldn't know what Piety did, I really think you're not thinking about the new player experience correctly right now in terms of character strength progression.
>>
>>387109849
stop hiding behind your retarded semantics fuckface. Go play bayonetta or DMC3 or whatever instead
>>
>>387109486
I don't like the concept of logout macros at all, but I admittedly played with them when desync was more of an issue, and they didn't really do anything to detract from all the tense moments and emotions associated with hardcore play. It's not like you stop fearing danger because you know you can logout at any time, everything feels just as dangerous because of how quickly you can go down.
>>
>>387109853
I beat the game on my first playthrough a week ago with -50 chaos resist, -10 cold and lightning resist, and 50 fire resist.

The only fight I felt like I needed something more for was the act 7 boss. I just couldn't figure out how to dodge some of those patterns.
>>
File: 1471854064105.png (262KB, 445x613px) Image search: [Google]
1471854064105.png
262KB, 445x613px
>>387094394
I loved Diablo 2. Dropped at least 300 hours into it in my youth. Had high expectations for PoE since it looks like a true successor and not the WoW-ified D3.

I ended up not liking it at all. For some reason everything just feels so bland and sterile. It felt like most of the time I spent playing was looking at guides and crunching numbers than actually having fun. Not sure if I'm burned out on the genre or what, but I never went back to PoE.
>>
>>387109738

Thats the thing, you think its a negative, to me its a positive, I invested all that into a character and still died in a second because I fucked up, I was getting trucked, the boss was on 20% and my flasks were out, instead of TPing i went for the kill and got punished, bam 200c gone and another lesson learnt.
>>
>>387110035
no you didnt.
>>
>>387110086
But I literally did
>>
>>387109916
no
I loved playing diablo 2 when I was a kid so I'm invested in these games even if I can recognize that they're shit
I'm going to complain in every thread and nobody can stop me
>>
>>387110125
you did not kill the guardians, shaper, uber atziri or uber izaro on negative resists.
doing act 1-10 is not beating the game.
its a glorified tutorial at best for actual endgame bosses.
>>
>>387110175
well you can always just play idle/incremental games. there's basically the same thing except less active
>>
>>387110239
>He honestly things a new player is going to do maps on their first character
>>
>>387106348
Frost Blades
>>
>>387110035
I sincerely doubt you beat the game first time through on hardcore with multiple -10 reses.
>>387109853
I don't know mate, maybe I'm an outlier, but I normally have everything above 50with maybe one or two capped or near-capped reses by the time I hit piety at the start of the league, and I try to stick 2 levels below every area
>>
>>387109939

I play HC, and I use a logout macro, no shame, some of the most tense moments in this game are those clutch as fuck moments where you get the macro off at 200hp, milliseconds from death, the dread logging back in and the relief, or depression you are greeted with on the character select screen.

Its not like HC is much easier with it, in fact I bet I'd die less without it, if logging out didn't exist the I would make significantly less yolo plays.
>>
>>387110239
To play devil's advocate, clearing act 1-10 is beating the game. What you're describing is postgame, which isn't necessary in terms of story completion.
>>
>>387110239

He obviously wasn't talking about shaper you retard, its perfectly fine for people to considering beating act 10 as finishing the game.
>>
>>387110418
>What you're describing is postgame, which isn't necessary in terms of story completion.
no its endgame not postgame.
also there is story behind doing maps.
you really should read zanas dialog and know who the shaper actually is.
>>
>>387110349

...Yes but you are an experienced player, im talking about the NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE, not the new league experience, i thought that was clear.
>>
>>387108728
Mostly you can counter that with knowledge.
>>
>>387110437
Speaking of which, why do people act like killing shaper is an integral part of the game? When Uber Atziri was the hot shit, practically no one even touched her in hardcore or even softcore. Isn't shaper supposed to be the top-level endgame content that most people don't even reach?
>>
>>387110537
I don't have to be experienced to pick up items, id them, and equip items with high res, which any ARPG player should know to do.

In fact, I'd say a new player should have even better gear, as they'd likely be more willing to blow currency on their trash gear trying to roll them.
>>
>>387110631
all bosses in poe are pretty much pushovers.
it all really depends on how geared you are and how good your build is.
obviously harder bosses arent killed as much on hardcore than in softcore but it only took two 18 hours for shaper to be downed this league.
plus with all the life buffs a lot more people are actually doing high end bosses this time around.
>>
>>387110631

Atziri was almost a hidden boss, you only got the map parts in the vaal side zones, which didn't even spawn in maps. Shaper has much more lore relevance, theres a clear progression to him through the atlas system, theres far more to reaching him than just buying 4 pieces of a key and doing him. I still wouldn't call him an integral part of the game but hes undoubtedly the "last boss".
>>
>>387094394
Has too many retarded design decisions. Like the devs not giving a fuck and having every enemy/mob dropping a billion commons so you have to download community created loot filters to see anything while farming.
>>
>>387110926
commons are an integral part of path of exile.
>>
>>387094394
I read that as "does /v/ like to pee"
I need to sleep more
>>
>>387111001
lol
>>
>spend months saving up ex to afford my build
>ggg nerfs my build
>gear now worthless

aaaaaaaaaand this is why i dont play poe
>>
>>387108279
>triggered
every time
>>
>>387111236
Its true. There are a lot of uses for common gear. Specific types of gear are very sought after. For example steel rings and crystal belts or two stone boots. Crafting is an essential part of Poe. Basically everything that drops will habe some value to you.
>>
>>387111248
>saving up ex
what do you mean by this
>>
>>387111694
you save your currency so you can afford essential gear to complete your build.
>>
>>387111248

>Playing perma leagues

Hahahhahahaha
>>
>>387111640
I never thought piles of shitty white items were ever useful. And if you play without a loot filter, that's like 80% of your screen.

Only worthwhile drops are currency, high ilvl good bases, and weapons for animate weapons. Wow sounds like how I set up my lootfilter!
>>
>>387111871
how do you get the currency?
>>
>Charged Dash can't be used unarmed
>all the elemental weapon damage nodes were changed to elemental attack damage, but not the elemental weapon penetration
>but hey, here's a mediocre aoe attack that can never be 6-linked and has 50% phys to lightning even though it's on a pure elemental item that requires unarmed
Why does GGG hate Doryani's Fist so much? I like the touch of god skill as an idea but it's really just not good
>>
>>387105528
>But the build mechanics are inherently not easy to understand without a guide.
>Load up on health/shield passives and damage passives
>slot gems that make your DPS go up
>put on gear that increases your survivability or gem damage/minion hp
Weirder builds like RF aren't core at all.

The only thing that separates the game from normalfaggotry is the amount of autistic grind you need to get your six link unique chest.
>>
Game has too many flaws that make it unfun as fuck.
>>
What's a good cheap build to farm shit?
>>
>>387113092
Are you new to poe?
>>
>>387115807
A slayer build
>>
File: cImL4FO.jpg (621KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cImL4FO.jpg
621KB, 1920x1080px
rate me
>>
>>387106178

>diablo 2 is worse in every way
>but ima hate on these new games until the day i die because unlike diablo 2 I didn't play them during my formative years
>>
>>387117446
caw caw caw/10
>>
>>387117965
I dont get it
>>
>>387118001

He's insinuating you're a ShitCrow (aka SoftCore player)
>>
How's the enemy variety?
>>
>>387118105
Oh, fuck HC
>>
>>387118207
Pretty fucking good.
>>
>>387118357
Caw caw caw caw
>>
>>387118392
Is there like monsters and stuff?
>>
File: 1499240416362.jpg (58KB, 736x842px) Image search: [Google]
1499240416362.jpg
58KB, 736x842px
I haven't played the game in a while, any good build for a beginner that will carry me/end game viable?
>>
>>387094394
I like it, but it bothers me that endgame mapping is more about clearspeed than survival.
>>
File: 1477112455341.gif (641KB, 339x509px) Image search: [Google]
1477112455341.gif
641KB, 339x509px
Ugly game.
>>
>to move you click mouse on the screen
>to attack you click mouse on the screen
Literally no excuse for this shit in the year of our lord 2017. Mouse should be for aiming, keys for moving.
>>
>>387094394
I keep coming back every few months to try it out. I've put like 59 hours into it doing this. I've come to the conclusion that it's a decent game, if this were like 2007.Not even being ironic when I say D3 is more enjoyable to play. Movement in PoE is fucking weighty and clunky for no good reason. It has a bloated skill tree that just ends up in you going to forums to find one that works. It's all show, seeing that massive passive tree is just a massive bait and switch. Shit game honestly.
>>
>>387094394
I tried playing PoE for the FofOr update and I put maybe 4 hours into and got to act II. Got bored and the passive tree is too big for it's own good.

I prefer Grim Dawn. You have the constellation trees for permanent decisions and then the class skill trees which can be hotswapped minus the base skill points you throw it.

Overall both of these games suck in different areas and it's more about what you like and dislike about the genre.
>>
>>387115828
ye
>>
>>387119768
>minus the base skill points you throw it
That really frustrated me about GD, I don't even understand what the possible reasoning behind it is. Why can you refund skill points but not class points when they're both assigned in the same way in the same fucking place
>>
>Install PoE
>Start killing zombies
>Notice lag is making some of my attacks miss, wait a minute...
>Open character tab
>"Chance to hit, 85%"
>Uninstall
Hah, knew you fuckers were just memeing this shit
>>
File: model cat.jpg (152KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
model cat.jpg
152KB, 612x612px
>>387097551
Wrong, I like PoE but I have many problems with the game.
The balancing isn't right, every patch they nerf a old skill and buff a new one that has been recently released
They removed all the fun of the Passive Tree, thanks to the current layout it's one of the most stressful parts of the game
The itemization is great, even though the whole crafting system is not my favorite it gets the job done better than most in the genre
Classes finally have some personality and you have to take them into consideration when making a build
Graphics and effects are great
Story is great, actually one of the few games with an original story good story in the past years
Music is amazing at certain points, meh at others
The continuous support and update always brings me back to the game
The several currencies make the game pretty fun BUT
Stashes are limited and every update the add 300 currencies which will bloat your inventory and force you to buy the overpriced stashes with cash, a big problem for me
The vendor formulas make the game pretty interesting even when you find gear that's useless for you
EYE CANDIES FOR EVERYONE
SERIOUSLY EVERYONE
I'm not sure if I like the current direction where the development is going, all in all, despite the nerfs to the gems and passive tree, the game has become easier and easier with each update, the first 3 acts could actually make a new player break a sweat, right now I doubt this would ever happen.
In the first few versions the game made you feel like a survivor using whatever tools you found and made you really thing when to use skills and whatnot, not you're LITERALLY god
It's free.
>>
>>387107724
>barbarian
ouch, the most boring character in the game
>>
>>387109617
Still on its way there. At least they are pushing constant enormous patches.

I still remember when it was just a tech demo.
>>
>>387103260
Deciding what build to play a few days in advance and theorycrafting while forcing my non PoE friends to listen to me drone on about it, is a thing I very much enjoy.

I am not sure, how much I buy into the allegations of collusion with the RMT sector, but even if those turn out to be false, RMT and spamming bots are still too rampant, and hurting the already fickle economy.

I can see how big changes can diminish the fun you are having with a build, but it never happened to me in a measure which bricks my whole character. But I also like to play interesting off-meta builds. I basically see an interesting item, and make a note to work up a build around that for the next league.

Been doing very well for myself this league. I might even see some of the end-game bosses.
Also found a finnish and a danish guy, who are awesome to run maps with.
>>
Yes but played few years ago so that means I have to sell my old gear but I don't feel like doing it
>>
File: 1336764774925.jpg (366KB, 928x518px) Image search: [Google]
1336764774925.jpg
366KB, 928x518px
What I really hate about PoE, to the point I always end up dropping it around level 20, is that skills are shit and super boring. In games like Diablo, Titan quest or Grim dawn, you get imaginative, unique and interesting skills to use. But in PoE, every class you play you get generic shit like fireball, ice spike etc. They just don't have any flavor.
B-but the passive tree makes up for that, right? Fuck no. The idea is great, but it's nothing but stat increases.

The game's just so average and mediocre I don't feel like playing it at all after just a few hours.
>>
>>387121016
Good thing no one uses the basic melee attack past the first few areas.
>>
>>387094394
it's a game designed around twitch streamers who play games 16h a day
>>
>>387098317
Fukin rekt
>>
>>387094394
I like it but Kitava is way too punishing for a story mode boss that is required to start mapping. It rapes way too many builds in its current state. At least before 3.0 you could start mapping before doing the last area.
>>
you see, poe tried to improve on diablo-like genre, but they took it in the wrong direction

instead of making the combat more interesting and impactful, with advanced monster AI and mechanics, they just multiplied everything in the game by 10x, and now you got a shitty diablo clone with a bunch of retards with cemented brains defending it as "it's an arpg dude, it HAS to have shallow combat, lots of clicking and grindy gameplay, duh"

all in all, it's okay if you want to casually explode some monsters or if you like minmaxing arbitrary stats to achieve maximum DPS in some third party mixmaxing software.
>>
>it's another league that doesn't do anything until maps
I have found more exalted orbs than exalted shards. It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>387110305
why wouldnt they? maps arent hard.
>>
>play through the new acts in scrubcore
>want to try them in hardcore
>like 3 of the bosses revolve around using a portal scroll to leave their arena when they do a certain attack
are they going to nerf them?
>>
haven't played it, i just don't like the way it looks.

so many people have tried to remake d2 and none of them have won me over so i don't even bother any more.
>>
File: High_Templar_Avarius.png (156KB, 409x635px) Image search: [Google]
High_Templar_Avarius.png
156KB, 409x635px
You gain brouzouf.
You gain brouzouf.
My legs are OK!
>>
>>387124848
>>like 3 of the bosses revolve around using a portal scroll to leave their arena when they do a certain attack
Literally what
>>
>>387094394
Does a global chat exist that isn't an awful meme infested mess?

Some chat that is fairly active and helpful.
>>
>>387127154
just play diablo, dude
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.