[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the most well realized Mad Max game ever made forgotten?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 8

File: mad max.jpg (50KB, 700x470px) Image search: [Google]
mad max.jpg
50KB, 700x470px
Why was the most well realized Mad Max game ever made forgotten?
>>
I think it came out during a really busy period for the industry, so it got drowned out.
>>
>>387093512
because it came out the same day as MGSV and most assumed it was just a cheap cash in due to coming out shorly after Fury Road released.
>>
I remember it and I loved it.
>>
>>387093579

This. Still, you can't take away the accomplishment.
>>
It was literally released the same fucking day as MGSV
>>
>>387093512
Fun car combat sans the harpoon. Could have been more fun without the bamham combat plus some coop. Leaping from vehicle to vehicle could have been fun.
>>
>>387093512
I'm actually playing through it right now.

>barely any story (muh car, muh wife)
>max sounds fucking retarded
>car combat is okay but gets fucking old fast
>combat is incredibly repetitive bamham style dodge and counter fest
>WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much fucking shit to collect that does fucking nothing for you in the long run
>(((loosely))) based on the reboot and not the original movies so the world building is all over the fucking place, half of it makes no sense because it creates it's own story which is based in neither canon
>can't upgrade chums buggy so if you want to do minefield bullshit you have to suffer the long drive to each location
>pc port crashes every so often due to denuvo nonsense which is still not patched out of the release despite being cracked

it's a solid 7/10 game.
>>
>>387093512
it wasn't cinematic enough
>>
>>387093579
MGSV was released on the same day.
>>
File: Mad Max 02.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mad Max 02.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>387093826
>>
>>387094215
Unfortunately there's hardly any ways they couldve done the combat much differently. Due to the scarcity of ammo, they couldn't have gone full TPS and kept it feeling at least somewhat plausible in the MM world, so fistplay makes sense. They aren't going to do Godhand combat or something in a normiefriendly game, so they pretty much had to go bam ham. The collectable stuff makes sense given scavenging in a wasteland and if you don't like it it isn't like you need to do more than you need for the story missions.
>>
>>387094215
>max sounds fucking retarded
Australians don't sound retarded.
>>
>>387094553
but the guys they got to do max, and all the intel npc's were fucking horrible, and legit sounded retarded.
>>
The Bamham combat and open world ruined it
>>
>>387094215
>complains its based on mad furiosa feminist road where max has like 3 lines of dialogue
>complains max is australian
>>
>>387093512
It felt great,looked great, played great.

That being said it was very repetitive. Could have added some more variety. Plus having to stop to repair was a pain in the dick.
>>
>>387094658
Mad Max doesn't work as anything but open world. You're mad.
>>
>>387094530
but that's just it though, there's so much bullshit to collect, and if you want to 100% the game it's just tedious bullshit. even if it's optional most of it i'm noticing is entirely worthless barring like 15 scrap on average for everything you find.
>>
>>387093512
they locked most of the fun tools till late in the game and by then you had a fucking bazooka so it didn't matter if you had a harpoon or shot fire out the side of your car because you just spammed bazooka on everyone
>>
>>387094758
Open world is shit. Its just a laundry list of stuff to do
>>
>>387094676
I'm not complaining that he's Australian. I'm complaining that he sounds fucking retarded for an Australian. he's not a good voice actor.
>>
>>387093739
I bought both at midnight. Mad Max turned out better.
>>
>>387093512
Combo of >>387093579

And it was very generic
I got a solid 25hrs from it and enjoyed it
>>
>>387094758
eh i don't believe that. if you gave me a more linear game with pacing more like one of the movies, even fury road, it could be a GOAT roller coaster ride. no replayability, but this mad max game doesn't have any either
>>
File: salute.jpg (73KB, 761x523px) Image search: [Google]
salute.jpg
73KB, 761x523px
>tfw your first major goal is to acquire a glorious V8
>>
>>387094852
Good to see the parrots of neo-/v/ are here
>>
>>387094993
>and it does fuckall for your speed
>>
Mirror's Edge Catalyst got the same treatment despite being my personal favorite game of 2016. I wish more people knew about it outside of disproved Anita rumors.
>>
>>387095140
Would I like Catalyst if I enjoyed the first one?
>>
>>387094805
Then don't 100% the game. Simple. Tell your autism no.

>>387094958
So you'd rather a cinematic qtefest over an open world game? So many of the stunts and jumps and stuff while climbing along big rigs would seem like they'd have to be qte heavy.
>>
>>387095006
Great argument
>>
File: adam face.gif (775KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
adam face.gif
775KB, 245x245px
>opening of the game shows you fucking chainsaw scrotus through his fucking temporal lobe, head opened up grinding fucking greymatter into mush
>lol jk i'm alive and i barely have a scar on my head LMAO I'M GONNA KILL YOU
>>
>>387095215
Yes and no. The game is still all about speed, but they switched to open world (which is actually well designed and based around parkour) which means speedruns, a huge part of ME are out of the picture. You can still replay missions, though.
>>
>No Bartertown
>Cheap-ass rinky-dink Thunderdome for one shitty boss fight and that's it
Most disappointing part of the game
>>
>>387095253
>So you'd rather a cinematic qtefest over an open world game?

What I'm saying is I'd rather a top quality engaging 8-10 hour game over a 60 hour bamham QTE combat collectathon with 0 story and 0 engaging moments.
>>
The best of a series can still be mediocre.
>>
>>387094215
this honestly

The combat itself is indicative of the quality of this game, the batman press a and the occasional x to win bullshit get's really tedious. If the melee was more realized then it would be ok.

But even if it was perfect the world itself is farcry tower bullshit where you explore a place, get all the scrap and capture it for yourself. This game is not Mad Max, it just isn't, it's farcry with a third person melee system.

This game is simply unfun and even more terrible if you love the movies.;
>>
>>387095501
I see but the issue is the gameplay in that 8-10 hour game would actually be even worse than bamham that is in this one. It would be hard for me to call it top quality either way.
>>
>>387095343
>lol i'm okay only chainsaw
>>
>>387095578
How should a Mad Max open world game play?
>>
Never played the game, what's bamham style combat?
>>387095253
Saying no to autism is really hard. I'm trying with witcher 3 but it just rustles my jimmies.
>>
It's a beautiful albeit repetitive game. It's over before you know it if you rush through the story, but doing side stuff before the story stuff extends the experience, however, a lot of the good upgrades are tied to the story.

Capture mode alone with worth the price to me I bought it as a snow day game last February or March for 7 bucks.
>>
>>387094215
Mad Max has never had a real story.
>>
>>387095707
Expansive sprawling wasteland with huge cities and a strong emphasis on combat and sparce ammo for his dual barrel shotgun.

Shit with actual good grapple mechanics and melee combos that plays more fluidly than turning off your brain and pressing X.
>>
I wish I could finish this game but the damn disk went missing, maybe stolen. It's a 7/10 for sure but a damn good one.
>>
>>387095949
>Expansive sprawling wasteland with huge cities and a strong emphasis on combat and sparce ammo for his dual barrel shotgun.

So you want an impossible fantasy?
>open world with huge cities
yeah good luck developing that
>>
>>387095707
Cars only. Remove the unnecessary BamHam (maybe a rare gunfight) and instead focus on more car customization.
>>
>>387096058
It can be done retard. Games like witcher 3 have already huge cities with a shitton to do in them. Novigrad is expansive as shit. You think that that game can't be developed when turds like fallout 4 even manage to do it half right?

Come the fuck on.
>>
>>387094380
Ah yes.

Still a good game just you get all the best upgrades too quickly.
>>
>>387096142
>witcherfag
kek
nevermind
>>
>>387095603
see i don't believe that. you're giving a 8-10 hour experience with a focus on balancing an engaging story and good gameplay elements whatever negative image you have in your own mind.

I believe if they shortened the experience, made it more linear, they could've expanded on some of the retardedly half assed elements like the stealth options. they could very easily tighten up combat to be, whilst still the same at it's core, a decent beat em up combat system. you know.. with something more than just a combo system that is literally "press x as many times as you can and maybe hold it once or twice to kill a guy" and breaking that up with "press y to parry and then press x some more to kill a guy". it feels fluid at first, but it just ends up making you feel way too fucking overpowered compared to normal mobs and then stupidly underpowered when it came to top dogs or any other boss character.

driving chases and vehicle combat could be tightened up with nice level design, complete with more interactive terrain and ways to use your environment for kills, instead of just "LMAO THUNDERPOON" for every fucking thing.

tie griffa more into the main plot and not just have him disappear once you've gotten all your upgrades. i ended up only seeing him about 4-5 times before i got it all and now i can't see the rest of max's interactions with him because he doesn't even pop up anymore.

making it chapter based would be cool, so you could have something like a sandstorm or lightning storm actually feel threatening instead of just continuing to drive to your destination without it actually harming you at all.

there's so much you could do.
>>
>>387095949
>huge cities
In Mad Max.
Did you watch any of the movies ?
>>
>>387096231
Prove me wrong. Novigrad is a huge city. It's an example retard.

Coming from someone defending Mad Max's game design it's actually pathetic you think you proved a point. Enjoy your batman combat loser.

KEK
>>
>Upgrades are a grind
>Combat is repetitive
>Car combat is fun for the first dozen hours and then becomes a gigantic pain in the arse
>Ubisoft style sandbox with Bamham combat
>Not enough story to get fully immersed in
>Can't drive anything HUEG
I too thought it was a 7/10 game, beat it a while back. It's ok
>>
Because you got the film loadout at the end of the game, which was worse then the stuff you already have
>>
>>387096089
So basically you want only car combat beyond a few gunfights?
>>
>>387096283
Yes and thunderdome was actually big.

The biggest city in mad max is a shitty outpost with like 10 npcs, 5 you can interact with. It's lazy as shit.
>>
>>387096283
Part 3 has Sydney in ruins.
>>
>>387093826
I typically hate Batman combat but I actually liked Mad Max's since all the attacks have weight to them and your counters aren't instant, meaning you actually need to commit to attacks.

My problems with Mad Max stem much more from the "cause this much destruction to progress through the story" shit in every single area you enter
>>
>>387096356
Sounds great imo.
Like Driver mixed with high-stakes Road Rash and some shooting thrown in.
>>
>>387096341
>>387094215
ALMOST FORGOT TO ADD:

>lmao hot air balloons that take fucking forever to ascend in and then you have to manually look around to occasionally miss an important point of interest, and then descend really fucking slowly
>oh new hot air balloon, lmao this one is tied to the ground with stability cables for no fucking reason. break those cables? nice! but JK BRO YOU NEED FUEL FOR THE BALLOON GO RUN AROUND THE FUCKING CAMP FOR A BIT AND DRAG THAT SHIT ALL THE WAY UP HERE SO WE CAN ENTER A PROGRESS BAR OF ME POURING ALL THAT FUCKING GAS IN, WAIT FOR THE ANIMATION OF ME PUTTING THE FUCKING CAP BACK ON AFTER IT'S EMPTY AND THEN HOP ON IN AND WAIT 30 SECONDS FOR ME TO ASCEND OH WAIT LMAO FORGOT ONE OF THE CABLES

fuck that bullshit completely.
>>
>>387096304
You're not even denying it at this point, are you? Your game is shit.
>>
>>387096740
>says the mad max defender

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Enjoy the batman combat. Loser.
>>
>>387093512
it showed that mad maxs world isnt that interesting
>>
File: Fallout.jpg (54KB, 499x388px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.jpg
54KB, 499x388px
>>387093512
Pic related and New Vegas are the most well-realized Mad Max games. Giving you fucking Bamham combat was absolutely retarded, it doesn't fit Mad Max at all, all the fucking fighting is with guns and cars. Making you play as Max was stupid too, should've been an RPG where you make a character and can join crazy Mad Max raider gangs.
>Max himself is a rare, random encounter
>nearly impossible to beat but it can be done
fund it
>>
>>387096235
>you're giving a 8-10 hour experience with a focus on balancing an engaging story and good gameplay elements whatever negative image you have in your own mind.

Most likely because it is a western developed game and I have never played a western developed game with good brawler gameplay. I can't even imagine how a western team would make engaging brawler gameplay with an interesting combo system. It just isn't done anymore. They'd have to give it to Platinum or someone, and then it would be a totally different style of game.

>driving chases and vehicle combat could be tightened up with nice level design, complete with more interactive terrain and ways to use your environment for kills, instead of just "LMAO THUNDERPOON" for every fucking thing.
The problem is, if you have a linear game with driving segments, it will feel extremely artificial where the limits of the area are, at least open world can kind of simulate the freedom of Max out in an open desert. It would have to be on rails.

>without it actually harming you at all.

I did have a sandstorm roll in and damage my car enough to force me to turn back and go back to an allied camp. Now maybe this would be different later on in the game since your car would be upgraded, but at least at some point in the game your car is damaged by the storm
>>
>>387096356
Yes, because that was the greatest part about this game. If they would have focused more on it (more in-depth upgrading), it could have been even better.
Also, did you ever see Max fight 5 guys at once ?
>>
>>387096579
i don't get this. mad max combat had the exact same amount of weight in the combat. the only thing it truly does differently is allow you to snap people's necks and stab people. i suppose that might be "weighty" in it's own right, but the rest of that shit is almost exactly the same.
>>
>>387096808
>>Max himself is a rare, random encounter
>>nearly impossible to beat but it can be done
Why are RPGfriends always obsessed with this kind of thing that is essentially wasted budget?
>>
>no motorcycles
>no semitrucks
>no gyrocopters or planes
>no bows and arrows or crossbows
>every fortress and territory was essentially the same mechanics but with a different aesthetic so it got samey
>should have had every location and character from the movies
>limited asset pool started to look samey after an hour
>car customization should have been way more hardcore
>Max should have had to fix and upgrade the car himself with no sidekick
>resources way too easy to come by
>instead of generic scrap should have had to find specific parts
>>
>>387096951
Define 'this kind of thing'
>>
>>387096951
>cool details and events are wasted budget
you are the problem
>>
>>387096818
>It would have to be on rails.

not necessarily. you may be boxed in on a relatively straight path, but watch fury road. that's because if you even think about going off a main road you're fucked. the quickest way between two points is that one reliable road.

all you need to do is have max traveling with someone else and then you get shit like the movie. have someone else take the wheel, jump up on the back of the car, jumping to other cars and shooting people in the dick and chopping heads off, using that new car to ram some fucker off the road and making it back to your own car.

that shit sounds baller, doesn't matter if i'm going in a straight line. might be a little scripted, but if it's engaging enough it wouldn't really matter. tons of games of done similar shit while giving you enough control to make it feel organic.
>>
>>387096808
>Driving around with your gang, raiding people
>See a single car driving in the distance
>Gang decides to attack it, shouldn't be too hard
>Coming closer to it
>It's a V8
>Payday.gif
>Try to get a view at the driver
>It's Max
Someone please make a game out of this.
>>
>>387097083
Something that takes more time in development than it's worth given the number of players that will actually experience it because it's a "rare encounter"

>>387097087
You don't make extremely expensive modern games with events that have a 0.1% chance of anyone seeing them. That is a waste of time and manpower. At least let everyone be guaranteed to see Max once in their playthrough
>>
>>387097282
How would you know it was Max? He can't look like Mel Gibson ;^)
>>
>>387095381
Is the gunplay fixed? it was godawful in the first one
>>
>>387097381
Just say random encounters instead of trying so hard to skirt around making a point you fucking pussy
>>
>>387097381
obviously it wouldn't be so obscenely rare most people would never see it you autist, the point is just that he could show up at any moment.
>>
File: 1482374707568.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482374707568.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Reminder that if you don't drive in first person, you're playing the game wrong.
>>
it was okay
i liked the ending
>>
>>387097908
I barely used the first person camera.

I also happen to be a leaf. Just some food for thought.
>>
>>387097908
>You're playing wrong if you dont give up 90% of your situational awareness
>>
>>387097908
i did that in the Buzzards territory, where it's just desert
doing it somewhere else is suicide
>>
>>387098265
Correct. Driving in first person enhances the experience in ways third person cannot.
>>
File: 1466183422223.jpg (63KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
1466183422223.jpg
63KB, 500x591px
>Convoys don't respawn

Why did they have to fuck up everything?
>>
>>387094215
>>(((loosely))) based on the reboot and not the original movies so the world building is all over the fucking place, half of it makes no sense because it creates it's own story which is based in neither canon
None of the movies are "canon" at this point. Millar himself has said that they're more akin to a collection of legends from the wastelands about a guy called Mad Max.

You're one of the people who they dubbed the original for when it first got released if you're going to complain about Max having a thick accent.
>>
>Finally beat the game
>loot every single spot
>get every single area down to 0 Scrotus presense
Only thing left to do now is the races and those are boring as shit.
8/10 I doubt they'll make another one but it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>387099506
again, not complaining about the accent. his VA just sucked ass.
>>
>>387099602
I felt he got the whole outback-turned-wasteland sound well. Made sense for a guy who doesn't talk much to not be the best talker.
>>
ooooh here it comes!
THE MIGHTY DUSTER!
>>
>>387094215
>barely any story
Almost like it's based off of mad fucking max or some shit.
>>
>>387097718
It's been removed. Instead you get forced melee.
>>
>>387099717
>keeps saying this
>it never fucking comes
>>
>>387099810
Even the original was "Cop gets on the wrong side of street gang. Street gang ruins his life. Cop takes revenge."
>>
>>387098541
But is the experience worth the greater detriments you will experience?
>>
>>387093512
Is it worth getting if I just want a car game? I just want to drive cool cars in the sand.
>>
>>387099960
the dusters are those tiny tornados that can pick up Max and make him ragdoll for a couple seconds
>>
>>387100415
then why the fuck does chum have anything to say about it while i'm in the car, the fucking asshole
>>
>>387095140
She talked to the dev team, this is not a rumor.
>>
File: 1479662060823.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1479662060823.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>Being chased by raiders when a storm hits
>Lightning destroys one of their cars
>>
>>387099970
Exactly, this is exactly what I expect, and want from a Mad Max movie or game.
>>
>>387100705
Well, maybe we'll get that with "Into the Wasteland" the next Mad max movie.
>>
>>387094215
>>(((loosely))) based on the reboot and not the original movies so the world building is all over the fucking place, half of it makes no sense because it creates it's own story which is based in neither canon
But that's exactly the story of the first Mad Max, fucking retard
>>
came out same day as MGSV
>>
>>387097467
sorry to say but the story of mad max is "the chosen one" like he has a mission and he will complete it.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.