[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Downloading this. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: The Last Remnant.jpg (207KB, 640x910px) Image search: [Google]
The Last Remnant.jpg
207KB, 640x910px
Downloading this.

What am I in for?
>>
>>387088962
>Squenix

Probably shit.
>>
Don't grind or the game becomes impossible.
You will not finish even a fraction of the content in a single playthrough.
>>
>>387088962
somebody post the screencap
>>
>>387089065
I don't want to grind. Why would I grind?
>>
>>387088962
I bought it this years ago but never played it.
I should probably start it up sometime.
>>
>>387088962
A very bad time if you think this is actually a JRPG. It's not. Do your homework and be prepared to suffer.

The story is shit. Don't pay attention to it.
>>
>>387088962
Don't overgrind use only hero characters no generic army grunt ones, only 'grind/focus' on getting them the materials needed to upgrade their weapons
>>
>>387088962

awesome music, weird battle system, difficult but not impossible, don't believe the nerds saying anything about leveling self-restrictions, just play normally.
>>
Stop downloading it.
The battle system is obtuse as fuck. As in, "need to consult a guide" obtuse.
Don't grind, or the game becomes unwinnable.
75% of the game's content is way out of the main story path. I'm not kidding, you'll miss whole regions and cities if you just go through the story battles.
>>
>>387089065
Is there some sort of punishment for grinding?
>>
File: 1366862588697.jpg (174KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1366862588697.jpg
174KB, 640x480px
>>387089065
Stop perpetuating this bullshit. That bug only occurred in the original XBOX 360 version of the game and was patched YEARS AGO. YEEEEEAAAAAAAAARS.

You can grind all you want. Enemies get stronger, but so do you.
>>
This sounds like a game that's for me, I hate grinding in games and want to immerse myself in a world.
>>
>>387088962
the dwarf fortress of JRPG, but only for the wrong reasons
>>
>>387088962
a fucking GOOD RIDE
>>
>>387089256
You need to plan ahead. If you just grind pointlessly (on a blind playthrough), you'll reach a point where the enemy will bulldoze you pretty easily.
>>
>>387088962
It's trash but fun at times, ignore The Fallen sidequest.
>>
>>387089256
Not in the PC version. Grinding just for levels is pointless though, no need to grind unless you're looking for items.
>>
Use the wiki. If not you will have a bad time. The game does not explain any of the mechanics. And there are pages and pages of mechanics...
>>
What the fuck are you guys even talking about who plays JRPG's and thinks "oh boy time to grind"

I mean DQVIII requires it but that's a bad game, who gives a fuck?
>>
File: Good Rod.jpg (515KB, 1282x723px) Image search: [Google]
Good Rod.jpg
515KB, 1282x723px
>>387089384
Did someone say a good rod?
>>
>>387088962
It's complete shit.
>>
>PC version
ignore the people saying all the shit about grinding makes it impossible, you need to fuck up spectacularly or spend days' worth of playtime to fuck up irreparably.

>What am I in for?
Solid JRPG with fun squad-based combat, faggy protagonist lumped in with a compentent group of non-fags.

It's possible to go full autist in terms of class building but it likely won't matter much your first time through unless you're intending on 100%ing the game first time through, which good fucking luck you probably won't.

what you need to know is:
>skills get better the more you use them. if you want to get better at magic, use magic.

>you don't gain xp so much as stat boosts and skill levels. low level enemies won't give you shit. green-named unique enemies will give you LOTS. always be fighting stuff stronger or as strong as you, chain together as many enemies as you can. general rule is, if you're only getting like 1-2 HP ups per fight, it's time to move on to a new area.
>>
>>387089490
Did you even play the game? It's not a normal turn RPG. You fight as squads, sorta like an SRPG, but without moving on a grid. Well, not like FF Tactics, I mean.
Either way, those games sorta give themselves to grinding.
>>
an interesting game with a battle system that could've been good if there was some sort of consistency and it was explained properly.
>>
>>387089256
Every battle makes the enemy forces stronger, regardless of how much XP the player forces get. If you do too many easy battles the enemy can outpace you permanently.
>>
Its pretty damn fun my favorite of its era. On PC enemies actually do cap out on stats even if you grind.
>>
>>387089771
Incorrect. See >>387089282
>>
One of the worst JRPGs in the past decade.
>>
>>387089282
bullshit.

its not a bug you fucking retard, it was a design philosophy, and it wasted 30 hours of my time on PC.
>>
>>387089729
well shit.
I might hate this then.
but oh well, it was only $5.
>>
Wiki simulator.
>>
>>387088962
An obtuse but really solid game. Spiritual successor of SaGa games.
>>
>>387089771
This does not happen in PC version. All enemies have caps at which they stop getting stronger. Please stop repeating this. You would have to do something retarded like grind for days in the first few areas in order for enemies to outpace you.
>>
>>387089895
It literally never happened on the PC version. You never played the XBOX 360 version before it was patched.

What you're throwing a fit about is the normal, intended difficulty of the game that you can very easily overcome no matter how poor your decisions are. You can simply grind more to crawl out of the hole you created by grinding. Your power will very swiftly overcome the strongest monsters in the game when you learn how to actually play the game. Enemies stop getting stronger; you don't.
>>
>>387089895

you spent 30 hours just grinding?
>>
>>387089998
>implying people actually played the PC version
>implying I didn't quit the X360 version pretty early and haven't been badmouthing the game ever since
>>
Seriously though, you'll probably like the game on pc. On pc you can grind, but I played the 360 version where you simply cant grind, and thankfully I kept a separate save slot. Basically if you do all sidequests you get a powered up final boss, and I made the game unbeatable on my 360, but aince I had a save that had the last sodequest incomplete, I rolled with that. I'm not joking, I grinded on the 360 and the powered final boss would one shot me.

Pc version is amazing. You can use all the characters you recruit. 360 was shitty because you were forced to put generic units into your squads, so I unlocked all actual characters and could barely use them.

I really like Last Remnant because it mostly only has free dlc they were releasing. Theyre just reskinned bosses, but you don't see that at all nowadays. Read a guide and do all sidequests, it's a fun game with a great world.
>>
File: 1485939346604.png (271KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485939346604.png
271KB, 800x800px
>>387090214
gahhh you are the reason it's impossible to talk about this game
you and that fucker who went on about "the dorf fortress of JRPGs" in which he hyperboles out his ass and outright makes up shit
>>
File: 1407805970336.jpg (48KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1407805970336.jpg
48KB, 620x387px
>>387090343
>yfw you miss the one missable sidequest that unlocks a ton of content and an entirely new dungeon & area
>>
confusion as to what the fuck is going on during battle
>>
File: 1495983079883.png (667KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495983079883.png
667KB, 500x500px
>>387090619
>this shit's boring as fuck
>these enemies are worthless
>might as well level up my useless magBLACKOUT
>WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>387090619
It starts to make a little sense after a few battles.
Just read a guide. Don't feel inferior because of it. It's necessary.
>>
File: 1499869465532.png (84KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
1499869465532.png
84KB, 300x325px
>>387090504
>the Duke of Ghor's sidequest in which you have to talk to him three times in between the miniboss squad stronghold assault missions when most people would just clear them out in one sweep
>>
File: 1501804299677.png (227KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501804299677.png
227KB, 500x375px
>>387090858
Yeah. Felt like a kick in the nuts when I missed it even though I knew it existed. I just forgot I had to constantly stop during those sections.
>>
>>387091014
It was at least somewhat comforting after missing that one my first playthrough to find out later that The Fallen absolutely raped my shit, so it's not like I was gonna complete them all anyway.
>>
Most SaGa games assume you won't see or get everything on the first playthrough. Romacing Saga has like 52 quests, some of which are unavailable on the first run, some of which require certain characters and some of which are time sensitive.
>>
File: 1492934181947.jpg (47KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1492934181947.jpg
47KB, 500x484px
>spreading disinfo

When you grind, you get stronger and your enemies get stronger with you.

If you grind with a small party, or with people who you'll replace later in the game, the people you add to your party won't scale up. Therefore, it's better to save the grinding til later in the game.
>>
>>387091458
TLR at least is nice enough to have the bartenders in every city tell you when a sidequest has opened up and where it is.
>>
>>387088962
The general tactic is to do everything with minimal fighting until you unlock all 18 party slots halfway through the main story then you grind on large mobs of weak enemies to get the most out of stats.

The way the game works is the lower BR Level you are the more likely you are to get stats and fight weaker enemies. As it raises so does enemies. The problems kick in when you realise only half your roster is strong because you grinded too early and everything is raping you towards the end of the game because having high BR slows down stat gains even for fresh recruits.

I picked this game back up yesterday and it's coming back to me how complex it is underneath. You really need to wield the wiki like a fucking bible until you get a hang of things.
>>
>>387091662
or you could not grind? why is grinding always the default assumption here?
>>
>>387091923
If you want to grind, i'm just telling you what's up.
>>
>>387091923
Because grinding is how you become stronger. Your battle rank is just a number. How powerful your skills are and how balanced your squad is with their utility, equipment, and versatility is much more important; and you can only really fill that out by getting into a lot of battles. People end up grinding more when they don't know which direction they need to go in regards to character development, so they aren't confident taking on multiple enemies at once, so they get less items, and need to grind more to make up for their lack of fast progress.

You really only see a difficulty spike if you never ever chain anything the entire game.
>>
You fucks need to play the fucking game before spreading misinformation.

No, you won't screw yourself if you grind.
Also, why the fuck would you grind in the first place unless you're really stuck even after trying various strategies?
What is it with people who play JRPGs and their need to fucking grind mindlessly.

Pisses me off to no end.
Just fucking play the game, I guarantee you're not gonna screw yourself over.
>>
What the fuck am I playing

What's with interference and flank attacks

Holy shit what rabbit hole am I going down

Why are the cutscenes so well done?
>>
>>387093924
A rabbit hole perfectly describes it, imagine a rabbit hole that's been going on for 8 years and counting for some folks.
>>
>>387093924
>What the fuck am I playing
The Last Remnant
>What's with interference and flank attacks
Interference is when you cut of an enemy squad from atacking one of yours, flank attacks happen when you attack a squad thats already in combat.
>Holy shit what rabbit hole am I going down
The plot is pretty meh
>Why are the cutscenes so well done?
Because the game was made by Squeenix and they love cutscenes
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.