[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 1 invasions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

File: darksouls-spot1.jpg (270KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls-spot1.jpg
270KB, 1280x720px
Anyone else miss when invasions used to be fucking awesome?
>>
Yeah we are a long way away from the days of Demon's Souls OP.
>>
>>387085794
Me on the right who also won the fight
>>
Is Dark Souls 1's online still active?
>>
>>387086854
It's just a bunch of chaos bandit knife LE PARRY GODS who just stand still staring at each other until one of them loses their patience and tries to do something then gets one shot. It's miserable, and a perfect microcosm of why pvp in these games is inherently bad. Reacting is always going to have an advantage over offense. The game is only fun when you're just fucking with people instead of straight fighting.
>>
File: 1495113670525.jpg (8KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
1495113670525.jpg
8KB, 209x241px
>>387085794
>full ninja set
>using a shield and straight sword instead of the iaito
>>
>>387087057
git gud
>>
>>387087057
Invaders are supposed to be intimidating because red eye orb is late game. You can always hide, it's not hard to find a good spot. I'm just glad I can have a solid playthrough still
>>
>>387085794
Fucking "muh honor" fags ruin everything. Now everyone expects you to not heal/only attack when the host is ready. It's called a INVASION for a fucking reason
>>
>>387087291
>>387087421
I'm not complaining that it's too hard. I know where my L2 button is. I'm complaining that it's boring and lame.
>>387087554
And? Nobody's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to be honorable. What are you afraid of, pissy comments on your team profile?
>>
>>387087634
Well you sound like a fag
>>
>>387087554
if you're an invader it doesn't matter if that fag is doing 'muh honor' shit. do what you want. it's your choice if you want to 'duel' or not.
>>
What the fuck is with all of the random teleportation after bosses in DS2?
I started playing it yesterday and after every fucking boss you randomly get whisked away to another location.
I was playing in the pirate area and decided to look at the compass before a chest because I wanted to see what the thing is and it whisked me away to some prison.
It's so fucking annoying considering I don't remember anything like that in DS or DeS.
>>
>>387087057
Not really, there is still decent PvP in undead burg, or everything works PvP in forest, the best you can do about twinks is to reach the fog gate, unless you get the BKS and upgrade it a bit, you should have a decent chance with it
>>
>>387087745
I'm crabby because I tried pvping in dark souls again and encountered nothing but this shitshow of super passive tryhards.
I miss fun invasions. I used to invade as a ninja character in upper blighttown and attack with poison and a chaos katana. I knew all the places you could jump to and all the shortcuts. Now the only people playing stay offline until their optimal vit gouge build is done and only host pvp in cleared areas.
>>
>>387088098
>Every fucking boss
The pursuer, the flexile sentry and the four lord souls bosses are the only ones with such a mechanic, and even then the teleporting item at the end of the four lords ask you first if you want to teleport.
Stop being a baby
>>
>>387085947
I remember back in the day (2009) getting invaded by some Japanese dude in the tomb of the flying rays, it was some weird shit I didn't know what was happening. Fun stuff.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuCLGRN6GFQ
>>
>>387088098
There are only a few instances of literal teleportation. If you're referring to the abrupt area transitions, it's because 2 takes place over a much larger area than 1. The hallways and elevators abstract away the journey between locations far apart from each other (and hide loading of course). One of the few instances I would argue a loading screen would probably have been better, with, say, an animated map showing your characters journey.
>>
>>387088671
>Scrapping spear
Good times, parrying these fags using DBS with cursed blade and hypermode was beautiful
>>
File: 1427156689528.jpg (52KB, 757x598px) Image search: [Google]
1427156689528.jpg
52KB, 757x598px
The reason invasions are dead is because people moved to other games and only the tryhards stayed. Invading was fun because the invaded were people just adventuring through the game and being forced to improvise against another human player suddenly attacking their world. Even when I don't really care about PvP I personally loved the invasion mechanics and always played as human because it gave the game a sense of urgency, invaders were dangerous random encounters and it was great when you prevailed.

The invasion mechanic is just a fun complement to a singleplayer game and that's it. Don't pretend it's a fucking e-sport.
>>
>>387087154
>ninjas
>using katakanas

get a load of this moron
>>
>Dark Souls pvp when both players are just trying to have fun: 9/10
>Dark Souls pvp when one of the players is trying to have fun and the other is trying as hard as he possibly can like he thinks it's a fighting game: 3/10(11/10 when the guy having fun is a much better player and kills the tryhard)
>Dark Souls pvp when both players think they're trying out for evo: 0/10
>>
>>387089658
I used to replay Dark Souls 1 over and over again (NGs or whatever NG+), trying out different builds, just running through it as a human and killing invaders as they came along. While doing that I'd also be invading myself, sometimes helping others with coop, sometimes dueling, whatever. It was so much fucking fun. Invading and getting invaded was the best thing, as they created unique gameplay encounters depending on where you were. And the places to invade in DaS1 for these encounters were so great. Anor Londo, Sen's Fortress, Dickstab Forest, that township place in the DLC, etc. There was so much fun to be had and invaders didn't have ridiculous penalties put on them, so even in a 3v1 situation you could overcome that shit without having to use really limited builds. DaS1 online was some of the most fun I ever got out of multiplayer, I had totally forgotten about it too but doing invasions in BB right now reminded me of it and how great it was. BB is really meh for online in comparison.
>>
File: 200.gif (84KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
84KB, 300x100px
>>387085794
>Makes edgy PvP montage videos
Holy shit I cringe every time I remember that. Glad I removed them
>>
>>387087057
>the game is only fun when you're just fucking with people instead of straight fighting
This. I can't believe some people expect you to follow their own made-up rules when the devs themselves made it clear time and time again with NPCs that invasions aren't supposed to be friendly or honourable.
>>
>>387090871
I should probably remove mine...
>>
i miss the days when they kept single and multiplayer strictly seperate and i didnt have to firewalll my legitimately purchased games
>>
>>387091825
if you think that would have improved dark souls or do anything other than make it worse, you are not very smart and also I don't like you.
>>
>>387087057
>>387087421
>>387088243
>>387090872
You guys think a remaster would rejuvenate the game for another 3-10 year lifespan? I wouldn't be opposed to it. Especially if they fix certain smaller issues while giving us a better netcode.
>>
>>387091945
it would jave made it better for me i DONT play multiplayer PERIOD
>>
>>387089259
Yeah, I think something like that would've been a lot better, and prevented most complaints about the world not being smoothly connected like Dark Souls was. It makes sense to suddenly be far away after riding a boat, but the elevators thing was just nonsensical.
>>
File: smelly dumb blue scum.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
smelly dumb blue scum.webm
3MB, 960x540px
DaS3 has the best invasions.
>>
Not Dark Souls but why did From include PvP for Bloodborne? It doesn't make much sense within context of the game and the whole game is very deliberately balanced around PvE. Feels a little bit pointless besides keeping up with tradition.
>>
>>387087057
u sound frustrated lmfao
>>
>>387088671
woooooooooooooooooow d00d
>>
>>387091965
I don't think dks needs a remaster, but if it somehow happens, they should fix demon ruins
>>
>>387092281
I'll admit some areas in 3 are some good shit with invading, others are just horrible.

Personally I like the Library. Either as the invader, or the invaded.
>>
>on 360
>pewdiepie releases dark souls video
>oh shit nubian
>spend the next month invading undead burgers
>never have i ever seen so much hate mail
Those were good fucking times.
>>
File: big boy.png (152KB, 391x341px) Image search: [Google]
big boy.png
152KB, 391x341px
yes, certainly not in dark souls though, I think you meant to post demon's souls
>>
>>387092281
>enter host world
>already had 3 phantoms
>immediately seeded
>fourth phantom comes, sentinel or darkmoon
>game prioritizes hosts with summons so this shit happens all the time

yeah, no. The only time invasions are bearable is aldrich follower's so you can gang up on gangs
>>
>>387092317
From a lore point there is Vileblood vs Executioners. Vilebloods collect blood dregs for their queen, which are said to be found in the blood of hunters (PvP reward). And Executioners hate Vilebloods. Also HoH hunt blood addled hunters (a coop feature if you find a blood addled hunter (I think it's random or someone who invades a lot) then you won't be there as a summon but as an invader).
Also Brador from the DLC wants no one to find out about Kos and rings the sinister bell from his cell.
>>
File: 1396752426301.png (397KB, 438x498px) Image search: [Google]
1396752426301.png
397KB, 438x498px
>>387085794
>old DeS and DaS threads are gone forever
>cant even see them in an archive
>>
>>387092317
I actually think PvP in BB is the second best next to DeS because you have a bunch of tools to fuck with your opponent, only 2 phantoms max, and no retarded seed
>>
>>387093624
Seed only lasts for 45 seconds now, and they were never a big problem before.

The truth is that invading in DaS3 requires you to have some level of intelligence (not even skill) instead of blindly rushing in and most DaS players are too stupid for that.
>>
>>387085794
Right:
>relaxed expression and walk
>confident
>solid stance and good posture
>good fashion sense

Left:
>looks like he's going to shit his pants
>hiding behind a wall and shaking
>guarding for no reason, doesn't even know the game controls
>ninja with a straight sword

Why are hosts always better than invaders?
>>
>>387087057
this in high level Le 1337 souls PvPer streamer cancer pillars of the community.
low level shit which is way more common is passive playstyles by circle strafing for backstabs
>>
>>387092281
Your parrying dagger is in the wrong hand
>>
>>387091965
God no, just let dark souls rest in peace. bamco raped it more than enough already.
I would only tolerate a complete revamp of it, one that was an entirely different game, the way AC3 was a reboot of AC1.
>>
>>387092779
>dks
*DaS
It's "DaS".
You don't abbreviate Demon's Souls to DnS, now do you?
Exactly, it would be stupid, just as stupid as "DkS".
Don't be a stupid hipstershit.
>>
Demons Souls remaster fucking when?
>>
>>387094894
Demon's Souls = D'sS
Dark Souls = DkS
Bloodborne = BlB
>>
>>387094965
this srsly, with 6th archstone. It's not fair that the best souls game never got DLC
>>
File: das cosplay.png (1MB, 1057x705px) Image search: [Google]
das cosplay.png
1MB, 1057x705px
>>387095009
>BlB
I can't find a ravelord neato pic, but that made me chuckle.
>>
>>387095030
>the best souls game
And here we go again...
>>
>>387095247
DeS is the best souls game though, considering BB isn't souls
>>
>>387095301
Sure sure, whatever you say.
>>
All I can remember from DS1 invasions are cheaters and lag.
>>
>>387095030
>It's not fair that the best souls game never got DLC

We live in a time where people actually want games to milk you for DLC. Let that sink in /v/.
>>
>>387095628
souls DLC has never been "milking" except for Ashes of Ariandel, but even then DaS2/3 exist for milking so whatever
>>
>>387088098
>kill iron golem
>get taken to anor londo
it already happened in DaS
>>
Dark Souls 2 has some fun ass invasions. Sanctum Repeater's shotgun R2 is hilarious when you instagib a player coming around a corner
>>
>>387085794
>I'll never ever again receive hatemail for fucking someone's run through the Undead Burg
>you won't ever again get gravelorded and start hunting down the motherfucker who did it
>you won't invade some random dude in township only to find a huge ass fight club going down
>you won't step through the forest gates only to have the fog immediately cover them
>>
>>387085794
I play offline, fuck this shitty system.
>>
>>387096352
>you won't ever again get gravelorded

In all my hundreds of hours playing I never DID get gravelorded.

Terribly designed covenant.
>>
File: 1500909500600.gif (740KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1500909500600.gif
740KB, 300x242px
>>387096352
>Step through forest gates only to have fog immediately cover them
NO
>>
>>387096424
The bad part is you don't get to see what's happening to the people you gravelorded. Also, there should be an in-game way to gravelord yourself for extra challenge.

It'd be like playing DaS on Black World Tendency
>>
>>387085794
No I don't miss twinking
>>
>>387096515
it was worse when it first came out. Fog Ring made it so people couldn't lock onto you.
>>
File: 1406671482910.jpg (266KB, 850x665px) Image search: [Google]
1406671482910.jpg
266KB, 850x665px
>>387096930
I once used cheat engine to do that
>gravelord myself
>use a hyper aggression cheat that makes enemies run towards you from miles away
>only use caestus
had a blast
>>
>>387096424
In my 800 hours of dark souls 1, I have been gravelorded once.
>>
>>387097351
You're lucky; in 700 hours I never got gravelorded.
>>
>>387087057
kek that's the PC community for you
I did some pvp on xbox 360 a week ago and I had some really fun battles
There was actually very little waiting, the game is still very active
>>
File: 1391719540882.png (41KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1391719540882.png
41KB, 200x200px
>>387096352
>Mercilessly twinked and invaded The Depths and Blighttown in a skirt and Domhall's helmet and a +5 Lightning Morningstar
>Never once got hatemail
>>
>last time i got invaded was in anor londo on my way to oreo & smores
>dude just sitting between the 2 sentinels in the big Solaire room

always hated how wraiths werent attacked by critters
>>
>>387098754
The Seed in 2 was one of the few things is did right
>>
Anyone got this old ass dark souls 2 video about the guy disguising as an enemy and confusing invaders?

The editing was pretty hilarious
>>
>>387097016
He was talking about the fog door preventing you from leaving
Holy shit I loved the release fog ring though
Forcing unlocked pvp on all the scrubs who couldn't do anything but strafe around while fishing for backstabs felt so good.
And no-lockon fights where both people have it were cool as fuck. Really changed the balance of weapons, sweeping attacks were great and spears/rapiers were a lot harder to use.
>>
>>387099135
nvm found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecS0yKnNLA
>>
File: gascoigne kek.jpg (10KB, 233x205px) Image search: [Google]
gascoigne kek.jpg
10KB, 233x205px
>>387092281
>filename
>>
>>387093443
I spent way more time doing invasions in Dark Souls than in Demon's Souls.
However, Demon's Souls had some of the best ways to fuck over both hosts and invaders
>>
>>387085947

Hi, Matthew
>>
>>387099345
We posting Dark Souls videos?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTPNL0V0n1g&t=280s
>>
>>387094502
maybe because you a bitch nigga
>>
>>387098000
You should have done stuff that really pissed them off, not just twinking them.
I'm talking shit draining 30 humanity out of them when they bow, hiding behind NPCs, flipping bridges in the catacombs, spamming nothing but dark sorcery, sabotaging their run as a while phantom, etc.
>>
Demon's Souls is the only game to get core online mechanics that tie into the game's core single player experience right.
>no arbitrary, limiting covenant shit whatsoever
>both infinite use co-op and PvP items available really early instead of being hidden in fucking late game
>death means instant -50% max HP or -25% max HP and lost ring slot
>resurrection items are rare / expensive and you can't hoard them through online (since success resurrects you instantly and phantoming isn't possible in body form), therefore everyone from starters to endgame players have an actual reason to participate so they can help themselves advance the game in their own world
>character tendency rewards co-op players with slightly higher soul form HP while doing the opposite to invaders who are essentially taking the easy and fast way out
>black phantom could push mobs around before it was patched away because no fun allowed

Though admittedly builds, healing, even actual PvP combat (f.ex. sticky backstabs) and various other stuff wise it was an unbalanced piece of shit like DaS1 was. In general no matter the game, Souls online works the best when players are dabbling into it as part of their own single player campaign rather than as a random pastime for twink builds and "serious PvP" where everyone and their mother uses the cookie cutter meta.
>>
>>387100620
DeS actually had my favorite backstabs in the series. You got teleported backwards into them constantly, but generally if they were bullshit they didn't do damage, so if you had an opportunity to go for a backstab you were usually better served trying to chase them with a running attack unless you were sure it was going to connect for real.
It definitely had the most broken netcode in the series, but the way it actually turned out worked really well if you got the hang of it.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.