[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game worth playing at all on PC, /v?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Is this game worth playing at all on PC, /v?
>>
>>387075564
Not if you can play it on 360. Even with the DPFix mod, playing in compatibility mode, and all these other hoops, the game is still a pretty buggy mess. Add to that memory leaks that limit you to playing ~45 minutes at a time. I played the 360 version and the PC version, and the PC version is vastly inferior.
>>
>>387075564
No, it's a "meme game" as we tend to call them on this imageboard.
>>
>>387076184
Really? A meme game? Ain't it good at all?
>>
>>387076903
This game has transcended good and bad. It is an experience unto itself.
>>
>>387075564
>>387076184

It's a bad game that play like a budget version of RE4, but it has lot of fans because the protagonist is a weirdo, he has an imaginary friend called zack to which he talks about movies (real life movies mind you), there is a scene where he order a sandwich and one of the character (who's a masked man in a wheelchair) goes on a rant about how the sandwich he ordered is a sandwich for sinner and it's played completly straight, this is made more hilarious by the fact that the animation are totally stilted

It often get compared to the movie twin peaks, if you just want an action game you should avoid
>>
>>387077749
Nah, i dont want an action game. People kept saying that it had a great story and, since i love a game with a good story, i thought i could end up liking it. But is it worth playing it at all?
>>
>>387075564
It's the best worst game ever made
>>
>>387078063

I got bored midway through but it's a unique game and i can see the appeal

I'd say it's at least worth a watch
>>
>>387078172
>the best worst game

This.

The PC port has some serious problems though
>>
>>387075564

I desperately want to play this, but cba to deal with crashes on PC. Not worth buying a 360 for, and I don't think it's available on PS4, though I may be mistaken.

Fuck.
>>
>>387079120
Disabled autosave & saved at every save spot and I had a good game.
>>
>>387075564
Yes. Get the DPfix (by the same guy who came out with the DSfix.)
>>
I'm playing through it now and I'd say get the 360 version of the game. Unfortunately with all the fixes it's still a mess. Worth playing if it's your only option, sure, but for a no bullshit playthrough it seems like 360 would be preferable.
>>
>>387075564
Check what your coffee says.
>>
>>387078063
It gets even better if you're a Twin Peaks fan.
I'd say if you watch Twin Peaks and play video games, this is a must. If not it's still worth it for it's weird humor, solid atmosphere, and good story.
>>
pc or ps3 version?
>>
>>387079781
pc unless you like <20fps
>>
>>387075564
It's worth playing if you can actually get it working and can get past terrible gameplay.
>>
File: 1429208943998.png (146KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1429208943998.png
146KB, 320x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OUP_Z3iZPs
>>
>>387079781
PC for higher framerate. PS3 for hilarious motion controls. I've done both.
>>
File: dog closeup.jpg (10KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
dog closeup.jpg
10KB, 240x250px
>>387079717
F

K

ah yes, makes perfect sense
>>
Wait, people are seriously having this many issues?
I played it around release and never had any major issues with it. I must have been real lucky.
>>
>>387080510
I maybe ran into two crashes in both of my playthroughs, and I'm playing it a third time going for platinum and celebrating Twin Peaks's return.
>>
>>387080082
>>387080263
i'm really mostly interested in overall bugginess. i can tolerate low framerates, but crashes and memory leaks are a different story
>>
>>387080638
>Platinum

I'd get it on PS3, but I skipped that console gen because it was dogshit.

Maybe it's on that kike PSNow bullshit. I'll have to check.

Fucking Sony and backwards compatibility.
>>
>>387078063
The story isn't all that outstanding. It's more just the strangeness of it all that is fascinating. Imagine watching a version of Twin Peaks that was made by a strange Japanese guy filming everything on his iphone. So awful, yet so amazing.

This is gonna sound pretty pretentious and hipster but, it's a shitty game, but it's that weird sort of shitty where it almost ends up becoming genius in the process. Don't try to enjoy it as a game, try to enjoy it as an experience.
>>
i played this on win10 with dpfix and sweetfx to fix the horrible color palette and it only crashed once in chapter 9.
>>
>>387080946
I've played both the PS3 and PC versions. Never ran into any memory leaks with either. There will be some bugs that don't break the game for either, though the DPfix did a good job at fixing a lot of those for the PC version.
PS3 gave me one crash when I entered an optional racing minigame, but that was about it. Just save often and you shouldn't lose much data, if any.

>>387081060
Only reason I got a PS3 is because I knew I'd enjoy a lot of its exclusives. Only reason to pick any console I suppose.
>>
File: 250px-Coverchulip.jpg (28KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Coverchulip.jpg
28KB, 250x350px
>>387081216
>it's that weird sort of shitty where it almost ends up becoming genius in the process.

I've noticed bad Japanese games are consistently this. They always seem to bring something original to the table.

Chulip's another example of this. Maddeningly frustrating at times, and far from perfect all around, but damned if I didn't fall in love with it's atmosphere, setting, and approach.
Similar stories with Flower, Sun, and Rain, Rule of Rose, Mr. Mosquito, LSD, Cubivore, I could go on and on.
>>
I watched the opening cut scene of those retarded kids and their grandpa or whatever find a dead body and immediately shut that shit off. It was fucking gay and stupid and I stand by my belief that I made a good decision.
>>
>>387075564

My only experience with this game was watching it on Game Grumps but I instantly fell in love. It was comfy/10.
>>
>>387082214
You did. The game takes a certain mindset to enjoy and there's no point in forcing your way through it if it doesn't click with you.
>>
>>387082214
>150 threads
>better post in one about a game I hate and didn't even play
>>
No. None of the "fixes" end up adressing all the issues.
So you are left with a choice between Windows 98 mode or some shit, and a reasonable framerate.
Also no real gamepad support, and x360ce is broken for the game.
>>
>>387082352
Now imagine playing it without Arin whining about it the entire time.
DP would've made a great Just Dan playthrough.
>>
>>387082642
I had no problem at all playing it with my 360 controller. It's been about a year, but I don't even recall needing xpadder or anything.
>>
>>387082686

Arin's always been the worst part of the show. He's a heavily opinionated moron who is almost too ADD-riddled to function.

But yes I saw all the collectables, side missions and inventory management. Made me giddy at the thought. I honestly might buy a PS3 for it, or build a newer desktop.
>>
>>387080638
Mine didn't crash at all until I got to the other gallery.
>>
>>387075564
I gave up. The gameplay sucks really bad and the town is lifeless. It's not worth all the tedium just for a few quirky cutscenes.
>>
>>387082959
Test it out on the desktop you have first. I had a real piece of shit of a laptop and it ran a smooth enough 40fps on high.
>>
>>387075564
PC is the 'directors cut'

i like the original more on 360.
>>
>>387083382
>I had a real piece of shit of a laptop and it ran a smooth enough 40fps on high.

I'm in the same boat. Moved a few years ago so I trashed my desktop and bought a midline gaming laptop. It's sufficed for older stuff.

Ty Anon, I might try it.
>>
>>387083675
If that LP looked good to you it's definitely worth a shot. If you're wholly against piracy, you can risk G2A for as low as 82 cents.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.