[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing fire red for the first time since 04 >whole team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1499697177239.jpg (148KB, 498x530px) Image search: [Google]
1499697177239.jpg
148KB, 498x530px
>playing fire red for the first time since 04
>whole team is level mid to late 40s
>E4 is fucking 50s and early 60s
>have to fucking grind just to get this shit over with

Bitch and moan about the fucking 3DS games all you want, BUT at least the fucking EXP share in those games is infinity better. Only some autistic retard thinks grinding for hours in a game is fun
>>
File: 1502283838738.png (646KB, 813x679px) Image search: [Google]
1502283838738.png
646KB, 813x679px
>>387074667
>so bad at vidya that he gets his shit pushed in by a kids game
>>
>>387074667
>mid to late 40s
How? Do you run from every wild battle? Wild pokemon are stronger, you retard.
>>
I recently replayed Diamond and had the same problem. Despite fighting most wild encounters I ended up at the Elite 4 with a team mostly consisting of 45-50 pokemon and got my shit pushed in by the fire dude's level 57 Magmortar. He rinsed my level 47 water pokemon and proceeded to stomp the rest of my team due to sheer level advantage, and the wild pokemon on victory road were too low-level to grind on quickly so I just stopped playing.
>>
>>387076174
>hurr fight this geodude and machop for the 20th time
Fuck off.
>>387076795
Exactly. All these mouthreathers talking about grinding wild pokemon or gringig the E4 for hours is just retard. Even in any JRPG or game with RPG elements grinding is shit. This is why I like the DS games because I can easily double the EXP with flashcarts to avoid that shlock
>>
Did your retarded subhuman braindead mouth-breathing faggot ass forget about the VS Seeker?
>>
>>387077475
>Did your retarded subhuman braindead mouth-breathing faggot ass forget about the VS Seeker?
No you dumb nigger because that still counts as GRINDING.
>>
>whuuuuaaaa I don't want to play an rpg game properly so it's the games fault for being so bad
>>387075304
fpbp, honestly op kill yourself you spoon-fed faggot
>>
>>387078652
>properly
You honestly feel that grinding should be an integral part of RPGs?
>>
>>387078652
>if you don't waste countless hours grinding mooks you aren't playing the game properly
kys. Plenty of good RPG games were you don't have to grind, and the enemies are scaled at a reasonable level.
>>
Is this what the world has come to? nu-/v/ complaining that Pokemon games are too hard?
>>
>>387078775
tell me, in life, do you take a single boxing lesson and suddenly learn everything from that one lesson? No, you don't, you need to keep going at it until you master it, and then you advance. Ever since XY pokémon games have literally felt like "just keep walking forward, it'll be over in a minute" instead of giving me a reason to want to push myself harder and further. It's why pokémon used to be so good, you'd lose multiple times, because like life, you trip, and it's up to you to get back up.
>>387079293
You're a fucking normie, don't ever think otherwise, you like being spoon-fed and that's it
>>
>>387079429
Nobody is saying that it's hard, you cuck. Just that the older games are grindy compared to the newer ones.
>>387079545
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>387079617
> le go to another board because I can't argue with you due to me having an extra chromosome
You're shit at games and you're part of the reason why the industry is shit atm. I bet you always choose the easiest difficulty in every game you get the chance
>>
File: 1501680867300.png (44KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1501680867300.png
44KB, 160x160px
>>387074667
Just grind the E4 like anyone who isn't stupid.. Buy everything you can and just throw yourself at the niggers until your pokemon get to an acceptable level, then give it a serious attempt.
>>
>>387079617
You don't have to grind, you just suck. You don't even have to grind in much harder RPGs (comparatively) like EO and SMT.
>>
>>387079830
>You're shit at games and you're part of the reason why the industry is shit atm. I bet you always choose the easiest difficulty in every game you get the chance
Nice projection you got going on there.
>>
>>387079882
This. Their high level pokemon gives assloads of xp, which you do get to keep after they kill your ass.
>>
Did you avoid encounters completely or replace your whole team?
The new games are shit and so is the exp share. Next game will probably give the E4 3-slot teams because why the fuck not
>>
>>387079545
That argument would have merit in games in which you, the player, are improving, such as FPS or strategy games, but in the case of pokemon the difference between grinding for hours or not doing so is simply numbers getting bigger. You're fighting the same enemies using the same moves but what decides whether you win or lose is not how good you are at the game, but how much time you spent mindlessly repeating the same task over and over. It's not mastery, it's needless padding.
>>
>>387079936
>look look mommy, today we learned buzzwords at school!
>great, I can see elementary started with the right foot!
everytime I lose, I attribute it to myself, much like irl, not because something else might be broken/unbalanced, so the only one that is projecting is you
>>
>>387080193
>talks about buzzwords
>uses them in his first post
>>
>>387080015
It's to give you a sense of accomplishment, I admit that, to some people it might get repetitive and boring, but newer pokémon games have not gotten the formula well, I took one fucking day to get most of the games done, which to me is shit because it tells me that no effort needs to be put in the game in order to complete it.
>>387080276
keep projecting, the fact that you're wrong has already been established, now go and stay go
>>
>>387077586
You're a dumbass fucking nigger. You shouldn't even be playing the game tbqh. Kill yourself
>>
>>387074667
You don't have to grind shit, you idiot. The E4 is always more fun when you're underleveled. I always play pokemon games rotating a team of 12 monsters or more, just so everyone will be a good 15-20 levels below the E4.
>>
>wagecuck normies complaining about grinding in RPGs
>>
File: 1454557672754.jpg (7KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
1454557672754.jpg
7KB, 261x199px
>>387074667
>needing to grind in fire red
>needing full party exp share
nu-pokemon irreparably harmed pokemon more than I thought was possible. Can't wait for 8th gen to introduce the infinite use rare candy and the "try again" feature were you can restart battle but keep all exp gained in the battle.
>>
>>387074667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlyB3U4QEio
>>
>>387080734
printing this so that, when it happens, we can all bow to our messias
>>
>>387077229

You know about the VS seeker, right?
>>
LMAOOOOOO everyone in this thread thinks you're a fucking idiot OP. Worrying about grinding is the least of your worries rn, legit kill yourself
>>
>>387074667
>>have to fucking grind just to get this shit over with
Leveling systems are a great difficulty balancing mechanism. The better you are, the faster you progress, the less you level up and the harder the game becomes. You can tone down the difficulty by grinding, but this is slow and boring.

If you're good enough, you are rewarded with no slowdown.
If you're struggling, you can slow down your progress to make the game easier.
If you say you "have to grind", it means you not only fail to see how someone could win normally, but you're also blaming the game for your own failure.

Pokemon is not a difficult game.
>>
>>387074667
>not having a team that can go up against most types in the game
>not switching out and healing your mons during battles
Sounds like you suck at pokemon, but I wouldn't expect any more form an Ai poster
>>
I never grind in pokemon games and I always end up overleveled or at least on par. I'm not sure where you fucked up but good job
>>
File: fug.jpg (58KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
58KB, 600x797px
>tfw got Pokemon Diamond when it came out
>Trying to test the Pal Park
>10 year old me decides it's a good idea to transfer my whole team (Including a Lv70 Charizard) from Leaf Green before beating the league first
>Damage is done, realize I can't send it back
>Can't delete the save file file, too many memories
>Have to catch a new team and grind from like Lv10 but without Gyms so it's painfully slow
>mfw it takes me 7 years to beat Leaf Green because of this mistake
>>
>>387081226
>I never grind in pokemon games
>Yeah dude my team consists in a Lv97 Sandslash and a Lv5 Rattata, Lv7 Pidgey and Lv12 Geodude
>>
the problem of modern pokemon games is the lack os stuff to do. new ways of battling should be planned. like a post game league focused on where only pokemon with the same types can compete with a restriction only different pokemon allowed. put some pokemon ranger meachanics for post game exploration and so on.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.