[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE EPISODIC FORMAT LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: stop buying physical copies.jpg (72KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
stop buying physical copies.jpg
72KB, 900x900px
DUDE EPISODIC FORMAT LMAO
>>
why not just,,,,,,,,,,,,,, buy it when it's done
>>
That's not funny, that guy died from that
>>
Season 2 gameplay trailer fucking when?
>>
File: 47 goes to the hospital.jpg (2MB, 3360x2100px) Image search: [Google]
47 goes to the hospital.jpg
2MB, 3360x2100px
Gameplay wise, the new Hitman game benefits from going episodic.
Unfortunately, it suffers on the market because of it. You can't get as much hype going for individual episodes and people expect a heavy discount by the time you're first selling your whole product.
It's unfortunate, but it is the truth. This is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>387070609
I got it on the summer sale and I wished I bought it earlier. It's a great fuckin game with tons of replayability, took 100 hours to finish pretty much every assassination and opportunity along with a good chuck on escalations and contracts, and there's still lots of content. I wish they would rotate the elusive targets, I only managed to get 2.

tl,dr: great game, bad marketing, shitty publisher
>>
>Kill the target
Phew, only had to kill 62 people to get to him

>Unlockable weapons require a high mastery rating, which can only be obtained online, and killing the target with certain items, in a certain way, at a certain time
Fuck this!
>>
>>387070609
it's actually a good game though. the only reason there is such a backlash with episodic release is that they generally turn to shit half way through the season. of course most of people don't remember this and just sperg over any game that has episodic release now.
>>
>HITMAN
yeah but can i customise my gear at the start of the mission and have the option to cary a briefcase with a sniper rifle in it???
>>
>>387072940
Yes, and no, but you can have said briefcase stashed somewhere in the map.
>>
>>387073084
>still unable to carry a brifcase at mission start
DROPPPED
>>
File: peasants.jpg (55KB, 334x419px) Image search: [Google]
peasants.jpg
55KB, 334x419px
>>387071468
>killing people
>touching npcs at all
>ever
>>
I tried it hoping for Splinter Cell but got some gay puzzle game instead
>>
>>387070609
ironically, this is one of the exceptions to the rule of episodic meme being bad.
too bad the stigma drivea potential fans away from it without even trying. that explains why some companies spend 2 or even 3 times more in marketing than in the game's development.
>>
File: 1483394431889.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483394431889.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>387071468
>only had to kill 62 people to get to him
It's not the game's fault that you suck at it.
>>
>>387070656
The studio got kicked for all those (like me) who waited to buy the full thing.
>>
>>387071135
same i only got the last 2 elusive targets. i know they aren't gonna do it because 'muh exclusivity' but they should release the elusive targets as a dlc pack. it's a fucking singleplayer game why the fuck are those outfits locked behind this bullshit? and i missed out on the gary busey target because that came out ages ago.

next season needs a level either in an airport or in the vatican
>>
>>387070609
What if your ideal assassin game?
>>
>>387070609
Is this game fun?
>>
>>387074909
the first MGS (Integral, not vanilla or Twin Snakes)
>>
>>387070609
It worked pretty well honestly. It gave you time to digest the maps as they were huge and had many ways to assassinate the target.
>>
AAA EARLY ACCESS ASKING FOR FULL PRICE LMAO
>>
>>387075398
as an old Hitman fan, I'd say it's just as fun as the older games. Absolution is good for casuals but felt way too watered down.
good game if you prefer more focus on actually killing people rather than doing filler side-quests and picking up collectibles.
>>
Such a shame because it's really damn good.
>>
>>387074819
>or in the vatican
47 is a devout Catholic.
Not gonna happen.
>>
>>387075979
all right hagia sophia then
>>
Is it controversial to think Hitman 2016 is better than blood money?
>>
>>387076070
No.
>>
>>387076070
if hitman 2016 hadn't been fucked over by square enix it would have been better than blood money
>>
Sapienza > Hokkaido > Paris > Bangkok > Marrakesh > Colorado
>>
>>387072160
Why would this be the case? Presumably each development team remains the same throughout production of the season and continues to stay motivated and receive funding.
>>
>>387076263
marrakesh that low?

bangkok is really beautiful though. that skybox is amazing
>>
>>387076070
Personally I think it's close but Blood Money just had a much better atmosphere and soundtrack.
>>
>>387074391
The publisher Square Enix dumped them, but IO Interactive managed to go independent so season 2's still coming around.
>>
File: header.jpg (49KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
49KB, 460x215px
Episodic is garbage. Wildlands is a 50 hour game and you get hitman style missions + better gunplay

Each hitman level took about 30 minutes each playthru. Wow
>>
>>387073868
You enjoyed Absolution, I take it?
>>
>>387076395
i think a lot of people have picked up the complete season 1 and have come around to the idea of episodic hitman games. i absolutely hated the idea at the start which is why i waited so long before picking it up during the summer sale. but as soon as they release the first episode of season 2 i'm picking it up.
>>
>>387076485
>. Wildlands is a 50 hour game and you get hitman style missions + better gunplay
lol!
>>
>>387076485
Shill alert.
>>
>>387075870
Absolution would have been better if it had more open-ended levels like Chinatown and focused less on linear cinematic narrative.
>>
>>387076619
Equip a silenced pistol and play stealth
>>
Sure it's not ideal but if that's what it takes for them to release an old school Hitman then I'm willing to accept it.
>>
>>387076635
absolution got fucked over by shitty console limitations. ps3 and xbox were fucking ancient at that point and levels had to be broken up with those weird hidden loading screens.
>>
>>387076635
Or a writer who knows what Hitman is about. I swear, the scene where 47 takes off the mask and goes breaking the neck in front of audience is easily the most retarded scene in the entire franchise.
>>
>Some companies wait years to release their products
>Other companies release products every year
>Nobody mines about the former

Yet videogame fans go insane with their demands and expectations of non-episodic content, ect. Why? Is it immaturity?
>>
>>387076070
I'd say no, it lacks a few things blood money did better, but I'd say overall it offers more in the way of the variety of how you can play missions out and the freedom it offers.

Get Jesper Kyd back on composing, more variety of VA's for different locales and add in blood puddles/streaks that NPC's react to and I'd say it would have been perfect.
>>
I want to buy this for my friend on his birthday but he has no internet and I heard you need to be always online. Is that true?
>>
>>387076485
How in the fuck do you compare Ghost Recon to Hitman? Just because there are guns?
>>
>>387076969
How the hell is it even possible to not have internet in 2017?
>>
File: 2017-08-08 20-20-21.webm (3MB, 802x560px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-08 20-20-21.webm
3MB, 802x560px
>>387075536
>integral
BASED
>>
>>387075870
good to hear, does the story makes sense?
>>
>>387076284
>Why would this be the case?
best, worst case scenario: people want to change things as development goes along, for whatever reason, and the tone of the game changes for the worse. or they flounder in their direction and it doesn't come off as polished as the starting episodes.
worst, worst case scenario: it's a morally bankrupt team and they are betting and banking off of selling an idea to people with a strong starter, and then not giving fuck all once a lot of people buy season passes, because they already have the money and can release mediocre seasons with little to no consequence.
hitman is actually consistently decent though. only level I can actually say I don't like is morocco. the time related extras and online unlock is lame as hell, but for a game that is really good, it's easy to overlook it.
>>
>>387077346
I dunno, living on minimum wage I guess.
>>
>>387076070
It will be much less controversial to hold that opinion when we're three seasons in and they let me use briefcases, akimbo Silverballers and replay elusive targets.
>>
>>387077486
the story in 2016 does a lot of setting up. kind of unsatisfying in a way but i guess the focus is more on the levels rather than the overarching story. the cutscenes are cool though and it kind of feels like a james bond/jason bourne film
>>
>>387076969
not completely true, no. I've heard to unlock items and equipment you have to submit online scores of levels but you can play while being offline, for sure.
>>
>>387077346
infrastructure doesnt exist outside of cities
>>
>>387070656
I've heard it was fully of limited time events too if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>387078135
Just the Elusive Targets. It does suck that they're locked away forever now, but maybe they'll change their minds later on.
>>
>>387071468
Jesus anon, this was my first hitman and i usually suck at stealth games yet you make me feel like a pro.
>>
>IO wanted to release the game in two episodes with three maps each
>Square Enix forced them to release them episodically with one map per episode
Despite that, the episodic format actually works really well for Hitman since it means that IO can work on one map at a time.

Shame that the Hitman franchise is now likely dead because of Square Enix.
>>
you can tell square enix put a bit of a squeeze on each episode's budget as the season went on. some of the challenges in sapienza like shooting down the plane with a canon are awesome but you don't get cool ones like those in the later ones.
>>
I'll get it once it's physical and 30 bucks including all those targets in the complete edition. Byaah!
>>
>>387078881
>Byaah!
what the fuck
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.